Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chair 21:19 - Jun 22 with 8502 viewsGloucs_R

What's everyone's thoughts on him?

Is he the natural replacement for Eze?

Plenty of talent, just not sure what his ideal position is but I don't think it's on the wing.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Chair on 15:27 - Sep 3 with 1202 viewsfrancisbowles

Chair on 13:29 - Sep 3 by QPROslo

He didn't score the goals or provide the assists that I had hoped for following his performances at Stevenage. Seemed to struggle making the step up to the Championship to me. But he's young and still developing so no big surprise. I hope he improves this coming season for his career progression, and because with Eze gone we need a playmaker. Not sure he is up to it, and we won't need to bring in someone else in that role, but hope he can take the step up. Perhaps as others have said, with Eze gone it will help him, as it probably helped Eze last season that Freeman had left.

It's a big step up. His first full season in the Championship, I think he did very well and was managed well by MW. Not overplayed and taken off when tiring, which is understandable with the amount of running he did. It helped having an experienced pro in Mark Pugh to replace him.

In terms of his long range scoring of goals well apart from better defenders and goalkeepers, MW has commented that he doesn't encourage lots of long shots as in his view most miss the target and attacking moves and possession is lost.

This coming season is a big challenge for him. He will be expected to build on the progress made so far, play more minutes and make a bigger contribution to the team performance.
Chair on 17:06 - Nov 7 with 975 viewsGloucs_R

Why do we keep playing him on the wing? It just doesn't work

Chair on 17:36 - Nov 7 with 915 viewsWatford_Ranger

Chair on 17:06 - Nov 7 by Gloucs_R

Yeah if you’re going to pick that XI in the first place it has to be a 4-4-1-1 with Carroll wide left.
Chair on 20:28 - Nov 7 with 793 viewsMalintabuk

It makes you think that Warbs don't fancy him in a central role
To be honest the couple of times he played quite well was central
Not sure if he brings a lot out wide on the left .... and if he plays imo it should be more central.
[Post edited 7 Nov 2020 20:29]
Chair on 21:09 - Nov 7 with 745 viewsGloucs_R

Chair on 20:28 - Nov 7 by Malintabuk

Not sure if he brings a lot out wide on the left .... and if he plays imo it should be more central.

I think playing him on the left is destroying him.

Chair on 21:56 - Nov 7 with 693 viewsjoolsyp

Not that we necessarily have the strength in depth to do it but I'd like to see Warbs rest him for a couple of games and bring him on as a sub. I'd like to see Willock given a go at No. 10 and BOS/Adomah start on the wings. We can always switch it around after an hour or so.
Chair on 22:12 - Nov 7 with 662 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Chair on 21:56 - Nov 7 by joolsyp

Not that we necessarily have the strength in depth to do it but I'd like to see Warbs rest him for a couple of games and bring him on as a sub. I'd like to see Willock given a go at No. 10 and BOS/Adomah start on the wings. We can always switch it around after an hour or so.

"Not sure we necessarily have the strength in depth"

I'm sure we don't.

He's fit, he's available, he's consistent, he's keen as mustard and he's a really good player. That's why he keeps getting games.
[Post edited 7 Nov 2020 22:13]

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Chair on 22:29 - Nov 7 with 643 viewsMyke

Chair on 22:12 - Nov 7 by CliveWilsonSaid

"Not sure we necessarily have the strength in depth"

I'm sure we don't.

He's fit, he's available, he's consistent, he's keen as mustard and he's a really good player. That's why he keeps getting games.
[Post edited 7 Nov 2020 22:13]

He did benefit from a break last season when Warburton started Pugh for a number of games . He is one that will be able to take advantage of the international break to recharge the batteries.
More annoying for me is Warburton's insistence on playing him out wide when he is clearly more effective as a ten. Similarly with Carroll, he is not a winger.
Login to get fewer ads

Chair on 22:53 - Nov 7 with 618 viewsAntti_Heinola

Looked like he set up most chances today from the left?

Bare bones.

Chair on 22:56 - Nov 7 with 612 viewsAntti_Heinola

Chair on 20:28 - Nov 7 by Malintabuk

Warbs played him centrally almost all of last season when he played.
He knows that's his best position.
But at the moment, we have 4 wide players - Thomas (injured), BOS (carrying injury, contract issue), Willock (recent signing), Adomah (barely played for a year).
He likes him as a 10 or as a second striker and I'm sure once we're a bit fitter, he'll play there more often than not. At the moment, yes, his versatility may be costing him a bit, but rather than destroying him as Gloucs meoldramatically says, it's probably helping him learn. No harm at all being able, like Eze, to play across those three attacking positions.

Bare bones.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024