Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Finney’s finest hour 04:52 - Jul 3 with 7233 viewsSirNose

Haven’t missed an episode of the QPR podcast since 2013. Finney was at his absolute best this week. Would love to hear him speak out like that more often. Showing some passion makes the show more engaging especially when discussions are rarely technical. Great work this week Finney!
[Post edited 29 Oct 2022 4:30]
Finney’s finest hour on 13:05 - Jul 5 with 1522 viewsNorthernr

Finney’s finest hour on 12:55 - Jul 5 by rsonist

Not having this. Flo is really good and is a big improvement to the pod.

Gets some horrendous stick on socials as well which she just shrugs off.
Finney’s finest hour on 13:06 - Jul 5 with 1517 viewsaston_hoop

Agreed

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Finney’s finest hour on 13:09 - Jul 5 with 1500 viewsMistication92

+2 on Flo as well. As I've said before, she's great on this podcast and Football Weekly.

Seems that most women football broadcasters have to deal with loads of stick as Clive says and 99% of it is complete misogynistic bollocks.
Finney’s finest hour on 13:12 - Jul 5 with 1480 viewsNorthernr

Finney’s finest hour on 13:09 - Jul 5 by Mistication92

+2 on Flo as well. As I've said before, she's great on this podcast and Football Weekly.

Seems that most women football broadcasters have to deal with loads of stick as Clive says and 99% of it is complete misogynistic bollocks.

Podcast actually got, in all genuine seriousness, DMd complaints about Flo saying ‘fck’ on a podcast because “ it’s not right for women to swear”.
Finney’s finest hour on 13:15 - Jul 5 with 1456 viewsqprd

Finney’s finest hour on 13:05 - Jul 5 by Northernr

Really bizarre how much it winds people up

She does all the football journalism stuff on top of her day job (much of it, for free). Its incredibly impressive that shes been proactive enough to find these gigs, and that she finds all the time to do them.

Shes going to have a great career in the industry
Finney’s finest hour on 13:31 - Jul 5 with 1422 viewsrsonist

Finney’s finest hour on 13:09 - Jul 5 by Mistication92

Right. It's not even a case of equal opportunity mediocrity. Her journo chops totally speak for themselves - consistently direct well-considered points, knowledge of the game, awareness of the contexts surrounding, steering discussion towards usefulness where possible. It is just simple blatant misogyny.

Presumably she got good at marshalling gobsh1te imbeciles on social media and beyond working with Barry on FW...
Finney’s finest hour on 13:31 - Jul 5 with 1420 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I agree 100%.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Finney’s finest hour on 13:34 - Jul 5 with 1410 viewsBrianMcCarthy

We may quibble (I love that word) about the odd episode but we're absolutely blessed to have the podcast and the contributors. Haunted, to use a Cork word for lucky. Haunted.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Login to get fewer ads

Finney’s finest hour on 13:37 - Jul 5 with 1402 viewssmegma

Finney’s finest hour on 13:31 - Jul 5 by rsonist

Right. It's not even a case of equal opportunity mediocrity. Her journo chops totally speak for themselves - consistently direct well-considered points, knowledge of the game, awareness of the contexts surrounding, steering discussion towards usefulness where possible. It is just simple blatant misogyny.

Presumably she got good at marshalling gobsh1te imbeciles on social media and beyond working with Barry on FW...

So because I think Chris is a great presenter makes me a mysogynist....... I think he’s the only who can present the show ....the worlds gone mad.
[Post edited 5 Jul 2020 13:38]
Finney’s finest hour on 13:47 - Jul 5 with 1377 viewsWixamsR

Unpopular opinion time, I think Finney's 'passion' gets in the way of conversation on too many occasions. I am not doubting he is a good guy, I am not doubting he loves Rangers, but I find it a little cringey that things are either the best they have ever been or the worst. There doesn't seem to be a reasoned in between from him.
Finney’s finest hour on 14:08 - Jul 5 with 1351 viewsrsonist

Finney’s finest hour on 13:37 - Jul 5 by smegma

So because I think Chris is a great presenter makes me a mysogynist....... I think he’s the only who can present the show ....the worlds gone mad.
[Post edited 5 Jul 2020 13:38]

The contention was that Flo is "useless" not that Chris is a great presenter. No one's said he isn't.

Perhaps you might have more luck defending yourself if you explained exactly what the difference was you felt you heard in the 5 minutes before you unmisogynistically turned it off.

Doesn't look like the world's changing much at all from where I'm seeing it unfortunately.
Finney’s finest hour on 14:36 - Jul 5 with 1325 viewssmegma

Finney’s finest hour on 14:08 - Jul 5 by rsonist

The contention was that Flo is "useless" not that Chris is a great presenter. No one's said he isn't.

Perhaps you might have more luck defending yourself if you explained exactly what the difference was you felt you heard in the 5 minutes before you unmisogynistically turned it off.

Doesn't look like the world's changing much at all from where I'm seeing it unfortunately.

Presenting.
Finney’s finest hour on 20:03 - Jul 5 with 1224 viewsRanger_Things

Finney’s finest hour on 13:12 - Jul 5 by Northernr

Podcast actually got, in all genuine seriousness, DMd complaints about Flo saying ‘fck’ on a podcast because “ it’s not right for women to swear”.

Fck 'em. Flo is quality. She should open the next pod with a 10 minute monologue that would make Bluce Ree blush. Sexist cnts.
[Post edited 5 Jul 2020 20:05]
Finney’s finest hour on 20:08 - Jul 5 with 1207 viewsmcqpr10

Flo does a great job on the pod, as does everyone who gives up their time to talk about our club. Finney goes on a bit, but can't fault his passion.
Finney’s finest hour on 20:29 - Jul 5 with 1168 viewsozexile

I think she's great on the pod. Would listen to her all day.
Finney’s finest hour on 20:41 - Jul 5 with 1134 viewsqprxtc

Finney’s finest hour on 13:05 - Jul 5 by Northernr

That’s because there are wan kers out there who can’t deal with a woman taking sense about football and Rangers in particular.

Flo knows her stuff, proper Rangers fan and that’s all there is.

That “David Williams” c unt is just that.
Finney’s finest hour on 20:42 - Jul 5 with 1139 viewsNorthernr

Finney’s finest hour on 20:41 - Jul 5 by qprxtc

That’s because there are wan kers out there who can’t deal with a woman taking sense about football and Rangers in particular.

Well I think we can all hazard a guess at who that is.
Finney’s finest hour on 20:54 - Jul 5 with 1103 viewsqprxtc

Finney’s finest hour on 13:34 - Jul 5 by BrianMcCarthy

We may quibble (I love that word) about the odd episode but we're absolutely blessed to have the podcast and the contributors. Haunted, to use a Cork word for lucky. Haunted.

Finney’s finest hour on 21:01 - Jul 5 with 1093 viewsWestonsuperR

I agree, Flo has been very good and is excellent as host.
Finney’s finest hour on 21:13 - Jul 5 with 1063 viewsAd99

She’s on the podcast quite a lot but has got better over the time (the episode where Finney hosted and she kept hurrying him along because she had to be somewhere was inexplicably irritating for a production made by the fans and for the fans). If she could sort out her audio level on the mic that would be useful!

It’s cool to have a range of opinions on the pod; I thought Finney expressed the frustration and Clive the balanced view.
Finney’s finest hour on 21:18 - Jul 5 with 1056 viewsrsonist

Finney’s finest hour on 20:42 - Jul 5 by Northernr

Well I think we can all hazard a guess at who that is.

As long as you don't trust the fake pics of himself...
Finney’s finest hour on 21:28 - Jul 5 with 1031 viewsNorthernr

Finney’s finest hour on 21:18 - Jul 5 by rsonist

As long as you don't trust the fake pics of himself...

I could tell you some stories about 'those accounts'. Grim stuff.
Finney’s finest hour on 15:17 - Jul 6 with 860 viewsJJB

Finney’s finest hour on 20:41 - Jul 5 by qprxtc

Seen this orrible little xxxx on Twitter - Who really is he???

Remember The White City Fighting?
Poll: Would you like to see the return of Mr Warnock?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024