Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
loan players 23:13 - Jul 18 with 3108 viewsLowerloftLad

who would you like to see return next season ?

hugill i dont see returning next season unfortunately but then again i didnt see wells returning either

clarke has just not worked out

amos has a year remaining on his contract at Tottenham I have a feeling we will try to sign him

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

loan players on 23:22 - Jul 18 with 3064 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

I think this could be the year where we establish ourselves as proper players

Yeah baby!

Poll: Expectations for this season?

loan players on 23:27 - Jul 18 with 3048 viewsDavieQPR

Amos basic wage would fit our structure and is valued at about £800K but should be available cheaper. Would like to see Troy Parrot on loan. He's a very pretty boy and a good, young striker ( don't know if he is hungry though)..
loan players on 23:28 - Jul 18 with 3045 viewsbosh67

I'd like to see Hugill back as well but at 28 I think he will really try and make a stake in the Premiership as it is now or never for him and fair play if he does try.

I have no idea why we signed Clarke? He seems to have come in as being loaned to the subs bench. There is obviously something there that Warburton really doesn't like on and off the training field which begs the question, why didn't we send him back earlier. It seems a little cruel on the lad that we have simply baby sat him and not helped his progression. You look back at the clips of him at Leeds and he looked sensational.

Amos. I really don't know. He isn't bad but he isn't a game winner or consistent. He's not an enforcer, a defensive midfielder or an attacking one. I am really not sure what he is. but I agree I think we may look to bring him in. Not sure why though? I preferred Scowen. He seemed better at whatever Amos does.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

loan players on 23:37 - Jul 18 with 3019 viewsOldPedro

Thought Amos did better today playing further forward but not convinced he can play as a defensive midfielder. Think Hugill is a decent championship forward but think some-one else will offer more money

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

loan players on 23:43 - Jul 18 with 2994 viewsMatch82

loan players on 23:27 - Jul 18 by DavieQPR

Amos basic wage would fit our structure and is valued at about £800K but should be available cheaper. Would like to see Troy Parrot on loan. He's a very pretty boy and a good, young striker ( don't know if he is hungry though)..

Think spurs are eyeing him having a proper go in their first team next year they really rate him. Would take him in a heartbeat though
loan players on 02:01 - Jul 19 with 2836 viewsHooparoo

loan players on 23:37 - Jul 18 by OldPedro

Thought Amos did better today playing further forward but not convinced he can play as a defensive midfielder. Think Hugill is a decent championship forward but think some-one else will offer more money

Amos would look better with someone like Jackson Irvine beside him. Gets stuck in, wins headers, has a good engine and best of all - available on a free.

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

loan players on 02:07 - Jul 19 with 2823 viewstimcocking

Nobody at all. Loanees is a large part of what's wrong with football imo.

I'm aware this is a pipe dream, doesn't mean it isn't bloody obviously the best way. Shame they can't just abolish loans, they give a massive advantage to the big teams and keep the rest of us sh!t.

Should be a salary cap, a squad limit and no loans for anybody.
loan players on 07:23 - Jul 19 with 2675 viewsdavman

loan players on 23:37 - Jul 18 by OldPedro

Been very critical of Amos since lockdown as he has been dire. Much better yesterday continuing the green shoots from Luton.

I wouldn't be too despondent if he was signed, but not as one of our biggest earners; he has not earned that right. Whilst Dom Ball also looked great yesterday, I would seriously worry if Amos and Ball as a pairing, were first choice next season.

Can see Hugill coming back, but if not someone like Connor Wickham will end up here. We're going to need two expensive loan strikers again for the reasons that are all too clear to see. Unless we buy someone likely to hit 15 goals (unlikely) it's the only way we can get the best chance to score the goals we will need to stay up.
[Post edited 19 Jul 2020 7:24]

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Login to get fewer ads

loan players on 08:36 - Jul 19 with 2579 viewsGloucs_R

Hughill will get sold or I can see him being part of a swap deal. Eze + 12m + Hughill.

Moyes was at the game yesterday.

I'm not bothered about Amos. I think there are loads of players like him around.

Clarke hasn't done enough to return.
[Post edited 19 Jul 2020 9:05]

Poll: Are we staying up?

loan players on 08:49 - Jul 19 with 2549 viewseghamranger

loan players on 07:23 - Jul 19 by davman

Been very critical of Amos since lockdown as he has been dire. Much better yesterday continuing the green shoots from Luton.

I wouldn't be too despondent if he was signed, but not as one of our biggest earners; he has not earned that right. Whilst Dom Ball also looked great yesterday, I would seriously worry if Amos and Ball as a pairing, were first choice next season.

Can see Hugill coming back, but if not someone like Connor Wickham will end up here. We're going to need two expensive loan strikers again for the reasons that are all too clear to see. Unless we buy someone likely to hit 15 goals (unlikely) it's the only way we can get the best chance to score the goals we will need to stay up.
[Post edited 19 Jul 2020 7:24]

Really hope we don’t get Connor Wickham...

Never rated him, always injured, will be on big money.
loan players on 10:04 - Jul 19 with 2428 viewsdavman

loan players on 08:49 - Jul 19 by eghamranger

Agreed. Someone like him was what I said.

Whoever it will be WILL be expensive, injury prone I really hope not, but this is the world we are in. I don't think that you can develop goalscorers these days, you've either got it or you haven't.

I'd take a gamble on some one from the lower leagues who is scoring regularly and if the right ones come available, supplement that with Prem loans maximising the game time for the perm signing.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

loan players on 10:37 - Jul 19 with 2381 viewsLblock

There's a lane deep in the countryside called Fcuk Off Lane and it's a long one..... right at the end of it is a field called Fcuk Off Field and way, way, way, way towards the lower end of that field is the horizon of Fcuk Off.

Just beyond that is where I'd like to see Amos playing next season.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

loan players on 11:43 - Jul 19 with 2272 viewsWelsh_Ranger

I think the thing with loans is getting the right type personality etc. Take for example the difference between Hugill V Hemed. The loans need to be ready to play aswell not like Smith as that will block our U23's pathway.

Im not really up to date on whos out of favour at other clubs and i know the Brentford connection but someone like Hogan?
loan players on 11:53 - Jul 19 with 2253 viewsAntti_Heinola

loan players on 08:49 - Jul 19 by eghamranger

We won't be signing anyone who we will have to pay 'big money' - so that's not a concern.
Agree about his injury record though.

Bare bones.

loan players on 02:45 - Jul 20 with 2109 viewsrls___

I could see us going after Amos permanently. If nothing else, MW has said very positive things about him recently, even singling him out as deserving of some credit in some of the awful post-lockdown performances. I know he gets some criticism on here but I think he's been better the past couple of matches
[Post edited 20 Jul 2020 2:47]
loan players on 05:04 - Jul 20 with 2075 viewsMatch82

loan players on 02:45 - Jul 20 by rls___

I could see us going after Amos permanently. If nothing else, MW has said very positive things about him recently, even singling him out as deserving of some credit in some of the awful post-lockdown performances. I know he gets some criticism on here but I think he's been better the past couple of matches

I'm in two minds about Amos. Overall he's been disappointing since he got here, but there are undoubtedly flashes there where you can see qualities of a premier league player. There just seem to be too many times when he gets the basics wrong or goes missing and for the position he plays in that's a problem.

Could he work through that? Hopefully. But he's 23 and some of that should have started to click.

To be honest I think I'd have more patience of he was one of our players it's just frustrating when you bring someone in to work on their game but there's nothing "elite" there (think successful younger loans like Townsend, Walker, etc)

I'd have him back but not on loan and I wouldn't be stretching our budget to get him.
loan players on 08:17 - Jul 20 with 1960 viewsNW10Hoop

Amos seemed a little further forward on Saturday - although everyone had their moments high up the pitch without a recognised forward playing, but he was really good. Thought he was class in pre-season too. If we were to pick him up for 5-800k I think the club could be confident they could turn a profit after getting a couple of decent seasons out of him. Think he’d be a good signing
loan players on 08:31 - Jul 20 with 1939 viewscolinallcars

loan players on 23:27 - Jul 18 by DavieQPR

Parrot is well down the pecking order so we may get him and play him on the wing.
loan players on 08:40 - Jul 20 with 1915 viewsBrianMcCarthy

loan players on 08:31 - Jul 20 by colinallcars

Parrot is well down the pecking order so we may get him and play him on the wing.

He'd have formed a good pairing with Perch.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

loan players on 08:41 - Jul 20 with 1912 viewsMiss_Terraces

loan players on 08:31 - Jul 20 by colinallcars

He will obviously need support so why don't we resign James Perch

Poll: Why are you a QPR supporter?

loan players on 08:43 - Jul 20 with 1909 viewsnix

loan players on 02:45 - Jul 20 by rls___

I think it's more because he's a loan player. If he was ours and we were developing him for the future I'd definitely cut him more slack. But we get no benefit from him learning not to go missing in matches at our expense. Like others here, I'd be happy to have him but not at great expense or big wages. He definitely needs development and over a couple of seasons probably.
loan players on 09:18 - Jul 20 with 1867 viewsswitchingcode

loan players on 02:07 - Jul 19 by timcocking

Nobody at all. Loanees is a large part of what's wrong with football imo.

I'm aware this is a pipe dream, doesn't mean it isn't bloody obviously the best way. Shame they can't just abolish loans, they give a massive advantage to the big teams and keep the rest of us sh!t.

Should be a salary cap, a squad limit and no loans for anybody.

I agree although it seems hypocritical as both our clubs loan players out to lower league sides the championship is a different case.We haven’t had any loan players for 2 seasons and although this hasn’t proved successful if measured against getting promotion if has financially.Loan players come at a high cost and in some cases added issues as Prem League clubs put in clauses like you pay 5 k a week if the player plays and 10 k if they don’t so the pressure is on to play them even if they are not producing.It can also create a bad atmosphere in the dressing room when these billy big bollox prem league players turn up showing off what they earn.Josh McEachran was on a reported 30 k a week at chelsea when he was a teenager and was loaned out ended up at Brentford and was useless.
loan players on 10:41 - Jul 20 with 1817 viewsTheChef

loan players on 10:37 - Jul 19 by Lblock

There's a lane deep in the countryside called Fcuk Off Lane and it's a long one..... right at the end of it is a field called Fcuk Off Field and way, way, way, way towards the lower end of that field is the horizon of Fcuk Off.

Just beyond that is where I'd like to see Amos playing next season.

Pretty much that.

He's just not physical enough for the Championship, defensive midfielder or otherwise. I'd much rather have an experienced, vocal Championship player than some Prem youth.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024