Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Boing boing Baggies match thread. 16:49 - Jul 21 with 27555 viewsconnell10

Starting this un nice and early. 3-2 to the Baggies . Sorry bus stop in Hounslow team.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Boing boing Baggies match thread. on 19:05 - Jul 22 with 1894 viewsbakerloo8

Boing boing Baggies match thread. on 19:01 - Jul 22 by BrianMcCarthy

Ya, there's a few things going on there and we'll have to think them through.

But if a deal was going through I'm sure that Ferdinand and Hoos would've pulled him. Warburton's interview at the weekend intimated that BOS was pulled from his squad and that was ok by him. So he's not going against orders here, you'd think.

There are other angles but I'm so NITK I'm not thinking about them.
[Post edited 22 Jul 2020 19:14]

It's a strange one for sure. Can only deduce the plug has been well and truly pulled on Brugge and nothing remotely in the pipeline, because if he plays and gets injured that would be absolute madness.
Boing boing Baggies match thread. on 19:08 - Jul 22 with 1883 viewseastside_r

Looks like Bright's transfer is definitely off for the moment.

As King George V probably didn't say - Bugger Brugge.
Boing boing Baggies match thread. on 19:14 - Jul 22 with 1793 viewsqprxtc

Boing boing Baggies match thread. on 18:57 - Jul 22 by Northernr

I never comment on the team news any more because you almost always look stupid but unless Bright has initimated that actually he's going to stay and sign a contract I don't see what we get out of doing that.

Call me out of touch and old fashioned but shouldn’t we always play our best players and team available to us?

Whether or not they are about to be sold they play for QPR.
Boing boing Baggies match thread. on 19:15 - Jul 22 with 1786 viewsNed_Kennedys

Boing boing Baggies match thread. on 18:35 - Jul 22 by qprd

I am absolutely apoplectic

I don’t want us to win, but I don’t want us to throw this game

But ffs, if we are close to selling eze, bright and Manning, why the F are any of them playing in this ultimately meaningless match? If any of them gets hurt, we are absolutely f***ed

All our matches have been pretty much meaningless since we lost to Barnsley at home so I assume you'd have dropped all three at that point for the rest of the season?
Boing boing Baggies match thread. on 19:16 - Jul 22 with 1779 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Boing boing Baggies match thread. on 19:14 - Jul 22 by qprxtc

Call me out of touch and old fashioned but shouldn’t we always play our best players and team available to us?

Well, I think that may be naive. Sorry xtc.

If a deal is done the other team would insist on it as part of the negotiations.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Boing boing Baggies match thread. on 19:17 - Jul 22 with 1766 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

This

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Boing boing Baggies match thread. on 19:18 - Jul 22 with 1750 viewsQPRSteve

Still wearing tank tops and flares Liam?
Boing boing Baggies match thread. on 19:19 - Jul 22 with 1737 viewsBklynRanger

That's the way I feel to be honest. I know there are realities that we have to consider but still - I've been unable to construct an argument that doesn't contain phrases like "Balls to it all, get them in!" etc
[Post edited 22 Jul 2020 19:20]
Login to get fewer ads

Boing boing Baggies match thread. on 19:21 - Jul 22 with 1697 viewscyprusmel

WBA must think it's going to be easy, they have left 3 of their top 4 goal scorers out.
Kanu, Phillips and Austin.
Boing boing Baggies match thread. on 19:22 - Jul 22 with 1679 viewsrsonist

Boing boing Baggies match thread. on 18:57 - Jul 22 by Northernr

I never comment on the team news any more because you almost always look stupid but unless Bright has initimated that actually he's going to stay and sign a contract I don't see what we get out of doing that.

I don't disagree but playing devil's advocate they've just steered the thing back on course after a big nosedive, it's not unimportant to finish on a high positive note with everyone giving a good (and purchasable) account of themselves on the big TV match. Maybe foolhardy but slumping back to a sorry pasting with a shadow side... leave that for the cup games :)
Boing boing Baggies match thread. on 19:25 - Jul 22 with 1638 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Boing boing Baggies match thread. on 19:22 - Jul 22 by rsonist

I don't disagree but playing devil's advocate they've just steered the thing back on course after a big nosedive, it's not unimportant to finish on a high positive note with everyone giving a good (and purchasable) account of themselves on the big TV match. Maybe foolhardy but slumping back to a sorry pasting with a shadow side... leave that for the cup games :)

Another angle is that we picked up shocking injuries in the past in low-profile games.

That's another consideration for the staff.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Boing boing Baggies match thread. on 19:26 - Jul 22 with 1623 viewsqprd

Boing boing Baggies match thread. on 19:15 - Jul 22 by Ned_Kennedys

All our matches have been pretty much meaningless since we lost to Barnsley at home so I assume you'd have dropped all three at that point for the rest of the season?

No, obviously not. It’s not fair to the fans to not put out a good team and try to win, and clubs shouldn’t just quit when they are mathematically safe.

However, there’s a balancing act and the club needs to consider its long term interests.

I’m going to put aside the Brentford piece for now.

The club should be prioritising (I) it’s financial situation and (Ii) developing its own youth.

If we’re going to have Ramklide on the books next year and Bright is clearly off, why are we wasting minutes on a player who won’t be here next year that could’ve been taken up by someone who will? Why not give Gubbins a chance to get some minutes? I would be equally annoyed if we played bright and Eze if we were playing Sheffield weds today in a dead rubber.

And the financial downside here of injury is just way too massive for the club. It’s not uncommon for clubs to sit players before moves, particularly at the end of the season. We literally agreed to a few with Bruges for bright, and now we’re playing him? For what purpose?
Boing boing Baggies match thread. on 19:26 - Jul 22 with 1611 viewsqprxtc

Boing boing Baggies match thread. on 19:18 - Jul 22 by QPRSteve

Still wearing tank tops and flares Liam?

Hold my Watneys Party 7......
Boing boing Baggies match thread. on 19:27 - Jul 22 with 1592 viewsBklynRanger

'Rangers legend Matt Phillips' - love a bit of sarcasm
Boing boing Baggies match thread. on 19:32 - Jul 22 with 1504 viewsEmpireStateRanger

I hate the kit/short combo.
Boing boing Baggies match thread. on 19:37 - Jul 22 with 1396 viewsrsonist

Boing boing Baggies match thread. on 19:32 - Jul 22 by EmpireStateRanger

I hate the kit/short combo.

Yeah I immediately lost the gung ho vibe seeing us come out looking like prats.
Boing boing Baggies match thread. on 19:39 - Jul 22 with 1367 viewsEmpireStateRanger

Kakay having a tough time so far. Maybe a little PTSD from the last time he played at the Hawthorns.
Boing boing Baggies match thread. on 19:40 - Jul 22 with 1337 views2Thomas2Bowles

Luton losing

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Boing boing Baggies match thread. on 19:40 - Jul 22 with 1337 viewslarsricchi

Boing boing Baggies match thread. on 19:39 - Jul 22 by EmpireStateRanger

Kakay having a tough time so far. Maybe a little PTSD from the last time he played at the Hawthorns.

Alert play by Lumley to help him out. Robinson probably should have scored moments later.
Boing boing Baggies match thread. on 19:42 - Jul 22 with 1300 viewsEmpireStateRanger

Luton and Boro losing

And Brum as well
[Post edited 22 Jul 2020 19:42]
Boing boing Baggies match thread. on 19:42 - Jul 22 with 1292 viewsNov77

Those stats sky just put up about our defence really are embarrassing aren’t they?

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Boing boing Baggies match thread. on 19:49 - Jul 22 with 1135 viewsEmpireStateRanger

Brom definitely on the front foot but either sending shots straight at Lumley or into the stands.
Boing boing Baggies match thread. on 19:49 - Jul 22 with 1113 viewsQPRSteve

Masterson's looking a bit dodgy
Boing boing Baggies match thread. on 19:51 - Jul 22 with 1065 viewsEmpireStateRanger

There's been a goal scored in every match except for the ones involving Brom, Brentford and Fulham.
Boing boing Baggies match thread. on 19:52 - Jul 22 with 1054 viewsBoston

Anyone else refused access to audio stream because they didn’t have (after paying for the whole season), a valid subscription? F...ing annoying, I’d promised to inflict this game onto a few of the lads at work!

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024