Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
1st Pop Record you Bought? 23:37 - Aug 9 with 12638 viewsmarkrtid

Don't judge me. I was 11.

1st Pop Record you Bought? on 17:20 - Aug 12 with 1214 viewsBoston

1st Pop Record you Bought? on 09:14 - Aug 12 by markqpr

I wish I could say Adam and the Ants 'Stand and Deliver' 7" but it was Sheena Easton 'For Your Eyes Only"! 'Stand and Deliver' was the third one I bought after the 82' World Cup song!

Album - Adam and the Ants - 'Kings Of The Wild Frontier'

Disco - you are so right, but Kings is still a great album that I still listen to. Loved them up until 'Prince Charming' then discovered punk, hip hop and Led Zep. Men in make up don't make good music.

Calling Vince Furnier...
[Post edited 12 Aug 2020 17:20]

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

1st Pop Record you Bought? on 18:48 - Aug 12 with 1178 viewsmarkqpr

1st Pop Record you Bought? on 17:20 - Aug 12 by Boston

Calling Vince Furnier...
[Post edited 12 Aug 2020 17:20]

No point mate, school's out for summer.........

(1 half decent song, the rest was just poor pantomime. Decent bloke though)
1st Pop Record you Bought? on 13:11 - Aug 13 with 1111 viewsYorkRanger

For me I remember two records

Under The Moon of Love by Showaddywaddy
The Girl of my Best Friend by Elvis
1st Pop Record you Bought? on 14:59 - Aug 13 with 1090 viewsHamptonR

My mum said I could have a record for my seventh birthday, it was 1973 a golden year for top tunes. I was torn between Wizard, The Sweet or Slade. I opted for Wizard.
Mum gave me the money and asked me to pick up a few things for her from the grocers on Brixton Road, before buying my record. Being seven, mum wrote me a list.
Unbeknown to me she also wrote Wizard on the list.
I went to grocers and attempted to read the list, he took it off me and proceeded to read it aloud, while selecting the items. When he got to Wizard, he shouted What?
We ain’t got any of those! He then took great pleasure in telling every person in the shop that This idiot wants to buy a wizard! The young girls were laughing as were the older ladies.
My humiliation continued while he cracked jokes about him not having a magic wand etc etc.
When he got all the jokes out of his system, I left red faced and went to the record shop.
I asked for the record by Wizard and left with See my baby jive.
Never told mum about the grocer, she would have been straight over there.
1st Pop Record you Bought? on 17:21 - Aug 13 with 1066 viewsMickS

1st Pop Record you Bought? on 08:37 - Aug 11 by R_from_afar

On holiday one year, my brother and I were loitering in a shop when a shop assistant came over to ask if he could help us. I replied: "Oh, we don't want to buy anything, we're just listening to that song on your radio".

It was "Superwomble" by, erm, The Wombles.

See, even as a 10 year old, I was hard as nails and cool as funk

Still got it?

1st Pop Record you Bought? on 20:52 - Aug 13 with 1032 viewsMonahoop

1st Pop Record you Bought? on 14:59 - Aug 13 by HamptonR

My mum said I could have a record for my seventh birthday, it was 1973 a golden year for top tunes. I was torn between Wizard, The Sweet or Slade. I opted for Wizard.
Mum gave me the money and asked me to pick up a few things for her from the grocers on Brixton Road, before buying my record. Being seven, mum wrote me a list.
I went to grocers and attempted to read the list, he took it off me and proceeded to read it aloud, while selecting the items. When he got to Wizard, he shouted What?
We ain’t got any of those! He then took great pleasure in telling every person in the shop that This idiot wants to buy a wizard! The young girls were laughing as were the older ladies.
My humiliation continued while he cracked jokes about him not having a magic wand etc etc.
When he got all the jokes out of his system, I left red faced and went to the record shop.

Great story. See my baby jive was probably the second or third single I bought or was it Rocket Man by Elton John? Don't know can't remember now. All I know is my older sister nicked it and then got it nicked by someone else from a party she held. Still have Rocket Man in its original sleeve.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

1st Pop Record you Bought? on 20:57 - Aug 13 with 1029 viewsqpr_1968

1st Pop Record you Bought? on 14:59 - Aug 13 by HamptonR

nowadays that would be bordering on child abuse.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

1st Pop Record you Bought? on 23:44 - Aug 13 with 1003 viewsBoston

1st Pop Record you Bought? on 20:57 - Aug 13 by qpr_1968

nowadays that would be bordering on child abuse.

Nowadays no six year old would go shopping unaccompanied. Actually ...

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024