Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bizarre Club Statements 17:23 - Aug 27 with 3707 viewsRANGERS4EVER

I don't think this one by Bury will be topped. Have a read, it is quite unbelievable

https://www.buryfc.co.uk/news/latest-statement-07-08-2020/august/club-update/

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

Bizarre Club Statements on 17:29 - Aug 27 with 3639 viewsrsonist

Lol
Bizarre Club Statements on 17:30 - Aug 27 with 3632 viewsfrancisbowles

I have had a read and have a lot of empathy with how they have been treated. I hope they can come back.
Bizarre Club Statements on 17:30 - Aug 27 with 3629 viewsBrianMcCarthy

That's a belter. I was crying by the end.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Bizarre Club Statements on 17:40 - Aug 27 with 3558 viewsslmrstid

That is just crazy, especially the weird tangent it goes off at the end.

Its full of spelling and grammatical errors too. Was that bloke who owns them drunk when he wrote this?!
Bizarre Club Statements on 18:20 - Aug 27 with 3427 viewsLeedsR

Got a headache from trying to negotiate the first sentence, if indeed it counts as one! A few commas and full stops wouldn’t go amiss!!
Bizarre Club Statements on 18:33 - Aug 27 with 3377 viewsHunterhoop

Bizarre Club Statements on 18:20 - Aug 27 by LeedsR

Got a headache from trying to negotiate the first sentence, if indeed it counts as one! A few commas and full stops wouldn’t go amiss!!

Yeah, took me several goes to work it out!

The ending is the best bit. Having eventually got past that first paragraph/sentence...no way did I think the statement would conclude with a quote from Voltaire!

In hindsight, given the preceding paragraphs, surely he could have found a quote from an Englishman who considered the church and bible sacred, rather than a Frenchman who did not!

Strange read. Must have had a day on the shandies after an early morning round of golf.
Bizarre Club Statements on 18:53 - Aug 27 with 3310 viewsLeedsR

Bizarre Club Statements on 18:33 - Aug 27 by Hunterhoop

Yeah, took me several goes to work it out!

The ending is the best bit. Having eventually got past that first paragraph/sentence...no way did I think the statement would conclude with a quote from Voltaire!

In hindsight, given the preceding paragraphs, surely he could have found a quote from an Englishman who considered the church and bible sacred, rather than a Frenchman who did not!

Strange read. Must have had a day on the shandies after an early morning round of golf.

Definitely on the shandies if not something stronger! Voltaire caught me out too. I’m pretty sure he was a philosophical satirist and so I’m not sure that the Bury writer used it in the context it was meant.

Hey ho what do I know! I think I’ll have a few of what he’s having!
Bizarre Club Statements on 03:02 - Aug 28 with 3003 viewslarsricchi

Next time I have to hire an editor, and I need an article to test the mettle of the candidates, I know what I'll throw at them.

First person to toss it back in my face and scream obscenities gets the job.
Login to get fewer ads

Bizarre Club Statements on 07:57 - Aug 28 with 2778 viewsMetallica_Hoop

After a shaky start I enjoyed that.

I loved the end bit.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Bizarre Club Statements on 08:50 - Aug 28 with 2663 viewslondonscottish

That's the equivalent of an entire season of TF's tweets in one go.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Bizarre Club Statements on 08:51 - Aug 28 with 2661 viewsbosh67

This sort of reminds me of Father Ted's award rant.

"And now where are you, Father Eamonn Hunter?"

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Bizarre Club Statements on 09:05 - Aug 28 with 2631 viewsMyke

Probably a hacker
Bizarre Club Statements on 09:12 - Aug 28 with 2607 viewsPhildo

Poor Bury fans though
Bizarre Club Statements on 15:25 - Aug 28 with 2480 viewsterryb

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't that a statement from Forever Bury as opposed to Steve Dale, the owner of Bury FC?

That would be the equivalent of the QPR LSA posting a statement!

I also found it interesting that they mentioned "when they come out of a CVA" (or something similar). As far as I'm aware Bury FC still exists & have not entered administration or agreed any CVA.

How Dale has kept the club intact I will never know & how HMRC or other creditors have allowed him to stay as the owner is baffling.

Dale, or Bury FC, employ nobody & although he/they own the ground they don't own the car park! If Dale was to go, Bury FC might stand a chance of being brought back to life, but every day he holds on makes this less likely.
Bizarre Club Statements on 15:59 - Aug 28 with 2418 viewsjoe90

A lot to unpack in that statement...

I remember when we participated in the London Is Open campaign and had it plastered around the stadium. That compared to Bury the statement is the north/south divide in a nutshell.
[Post edited 28 Aug 2020 15:59]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024