Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Form 21:02 - Nov 24 with 3653 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

10 points from 5 games is promotion form. Just saying.
Form on 11:06 - Nov 25 with 764 viewsLazyFan

On another note our Form is improving as we fix mistakes.

For example, I noticed that Rotherham looked to exploit us at corners by smashing one in low across the box, learning from how Watford scored against us.

Well, this was totally blocked as I noticed Chair has been told to stand in the way of that, he did it on every corner. So, this way to score against us has been stopped. That is an improvement.

This is an example of how we are a "work in progress". To become a champ contender we must first improve from being a relegation battler. On zero budget and being forced to sell our best players every year means this will take years not a season.

Over the last few seasons we have started to fix our problem of a very leaky defence. It has been realised we never had proper fullbacks and we only had two real CB' so, when one got injured or suspended we were screwed. And some of those first-choice were no better than Masterson who is a our reserve.

Now we have two proper CB's and one reserve. We now have two proper RB's and at least one LB in Niko. The defence still needs time to be solid. but it has the capability now to do that. Not to mention after trying three different cheapo keepers, we have found one that works for our team. Dieng if he keeps this up, could possibly play in the Prem.

We now have our own forwards, more than one. Whilst they are not Wells or Hugill levels, they actually ours. They will take time to develop. I have noticed already that Bonne can hold the ball up better than he did when he first joined us. They are learning. Then we have Rooney2, who looks better than Oteh. Willock who looks better than Shodipo and Uncle who is a stop-gap until Smythe makes it or not.

This is a work in progress, there will be many failures and Charity Park Rangers results, but considering the constraints every year we stay up is a success in my view. As I can see the foundations not only being put in place but starting to bear fruit.

zzzzzzzzzz

Form on 11:15 - Nov 25 with 750 viewsCiderwithRsie

Form on 08:57 - Nov 25 by TheChef

I think we should at least buy thirteenth place a drink first. Bit of class innit.

As Northern points out we are still basically a bits and pieces side which is gradually coming together, and given the squad upheaval we've had every single summer for the last few seasons, the hope is that we can keep the majority of this side and have some continuity for next season and maybe then look to push for a play off place. 13th again, or a top half finish, would be a great achievement this season.

Being QPR we'll probably put in a more complete performance at Brentford, but still end up losing.

Exactly this.

What will start to get to me is if next summer we have yet another big churn of players.

It's so sad that financial mismanagement has meant us having to sell Smithies, Freeman, Furlong and Eze, who collectively could have been the difference between this squad and genuine contenders. Well, we did have to and we are rebuilding but I want this squad to be the basis of next year's (with slight doubt over the strikers, but give 'em time and see if at least one of them comes good.)

At least these boys are fun to watch.
Form on 11:59 - Nov 25 with 674 viewsWrightUp5hit___

Told you ages ago Clive, Ben Pearson will one day wash up on our shores as Geoff Camerons successor
Form on 12:18 - Nov 25 with 646 viewsPhilmyRs

Form on 23:46 - Nov 24 by Northernr

- It's a young team, relatively.
- It's a team put together on a wage structure now very firmly in the bottom five in this league.
- It's a team with a new goalkeeper, who's never played at this level.
- It's a team with two new full backs and one new centre back, from this point last season.
- It's a team with a central midfield made up of one very old pro who we brought in to do us a year three years ago, another who was seen as a crap reserve full back by our opposition tonight, and a nice little academy boy who we thought was a bit lightweight when we had him previously when him and we were good.
- It's a team with an entirely new strike force, made up of a punt from Livingston, a lad from Charlton they weren't too sorry to see leave, and a kid with a questionable waistline from Southend.
- It's a team that has undergone enormous turnover in players over the last three summers. I mean we laugh at Forest but we did 16 in and out last summer and then performed pretty significant surgery again this.
- It's a squad that has lost a large amount of very good players at this level in a short period of time - Smithies, Luongo, Robinson, Onuoha, Freeman, Eze, Wells, Hugill, Manning.

It's not going to be consistent is it? If we were offered thirteenth place now we should fck it to death.

Exactly this.

Our golakeeper has hardly played, nor have the two full backs or centre back. That's a huge vulnerability and so players "not knowing how to win" and not knowing how to see out games comfortably is entirely to be expected. Have we ever played a backline with so little experience? I can't think off the top of my head.

We still don't actually know how good some of these kids will be. Is Niko really Championship level? is Connor or Kakay? or the goalkeeper. In a couple of years they could all be playing League1 or 2. We just don;t know yet. I'm hoping these players kick on BOS style. There's been some promissing signs, particularly with the goalkeeper but we need more time before forming a judgement.

I can understand where people are coming from but in terms of Championship experience and genuine Football experience, we're way behind other teams. I fear for us on Friday night but there is something potentially exciting about us if we can learn quickly. Willock looks a talent, BOS is dangerous and Dykes with his Scotland hat on is a handful and then we have Chair, potentially the best of them all. Exciting stuff.
Form on 12:23 - Nov 25 with 636 viewsPinnerPaul

Form on 09:02 - Nov 25 by BostonR

We lost this game at home to Rotherham, when they last visited. They were a better side than the last team we played.

It's s step forward picking up the 3 points. If LR had a decent crowd for this game and given the first half performance I am sure the crowd would have pushed the team on.

It all looks promising!

I think we might have beaten Watford with a full LR, but a half empty LR last night might not have been too patient with that 2nd half - especially Bonne's walk on the off side!
Form on 12:57 - Nov 25 with 606 viewsEGRanger

Form on 12:18 - Nov 25 by PhilmyRs

Exactly this.

Our golakeeper has hardly played, nor have the two full backs or centre back. That's a huge vulnerability and so players "not knowing how to win" and not knowing how to see out games comfortably is entirely to be expected. Have we ever played a backline with so little experience? I can't think off the top of my head.

We still don't actually know how good some of these kids will be. Is Niko really Championship level? is Connor or Kakay? or the goalkeeper. In a couple of years they could all be playing League1 or 2. We just don;t know yet. I'm hoping these players kick on BOS style. There's been some promissing signs, particularly with the goalkeeper but we need more time before forming a judgement.

I can understand where people are coming from but in terms of Championship experience and genuine Football experience, we're way behind other teams. I fear for us on Friday night but there is something potentially exciting about us if we can learn quickly. Willock looks a talent, BOS is dangerous and Dykes with his Scotland hat on is a handful and then we have Chair, potentially the best of them all. Exciting stuff.

Actually Dieng, Kakay and Hamalainen have been with us for several years (Kakay is our longest serving player) and do have playing experience albeit at different levels.

The club should be congratulated for monitoring their progress and signing them all on long term contracts.
Form on 13:04 - Nov 25 with 592 viewsMyke

Form on 12:57 - Nov 25 by EGRanger

Actually Dieng, Kakay and Hamalainen have been with us for several years (Kakay is our longest serving player) and do have playing experience albeit at different levels.

The club should be congratulated for monitoring their progress and signing them all on long term contracts.

Yes but the key word is CHAMPIONSHIP experience. They are all just novices at this level. As is Dickie, Dykes and Bonne. Get them all a hundred caps under their belt and reassess them then
Form on 13:23 - Nov 25 with 547 viewsNorthernr

Form on 13:04 - Nov 25 by Myke

Yes but the key word is CHAMPIONSHIP experience. They are all just novices at this level. As is Dickie, Dykes and Bonne. Get them all a hundred caps under their belt and reassess them then

Look how Chair is growing (not physically) atm. Somewhere between 80 and 90 senior apps now I think, 60-70 at Champ level. We've seen that a lot in recent years with players like Eze and Manning, once they go past that 100 mark they're so much more consistent and assured as players.

Kakay is at 50, 30 of them at Champ level. Niko is on 40 and 10. Masterson still isn't at 20 senior appearances in his life.
Login to get fewer ads

Form on 13:34 - Nov 25 with 518 viewsQPR_Jim

Form on 13:23 - Nov 25 by Northernr

Look how Chair is growing (not physically) atm. Somewhere between 80 and 90 senior apps now I think, 60-70 at Champ level. We've seen that a lot in recent years with players like Eze and Manning, once they go past that 100 mark they're so much more consistent and assured as players.

Kakay is at 50, 30 of them at Champ level. Niko is on 40 and 10. Masterson still isn't at 20 senior appearances in his life.

Also these players we're bringing through now are going to have to learn how to deal with crowds when they return too as they would have played even fewer games at this level before lockdown.
Form on 14:04 - Nov 25 with 477 viewsBAWHoops

I actually think this iteration of the team is one that is more settled than we've been for years. We always knew Wells, Hugill, Eze were off this summer. Losing Manning was a massive blow though.

Projecting ahead to next summer you'd only expect Cameron Wallace and BOS to be off. Maybe Caroll as well.

Dieng, Kakay, Kane, Dickie, Barbet, Masterson, Niko, Ball, Amos, Willock, Adomah, Chair, Dykes, Bonne all should be here and arguably all on an upward curve as they play games at this level.

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Form on 14:25 - Nov 25 with 450 viewsNorthernr

Form on 14:04 - Nov 25 by BAWHoops

I actually think this iteration of the team is one that is more settled than we've been for years. We always knew Wells, Hugill, Eze were off this summer. Losing Manning was a massive blow though.

Projecting ahead to next summer you'd only expect Cameron Wallace and BOS to be off. Maybe Caroll as well.

Dieng, Kakay, Kane, Dickie, Barbet, Masterson, Niko, Ball, Amos, Willock, Adomah, Chair, Dykes, Bonne all should be here and arguably all on an upward curve as they play games at this level.

That would be nice, if we could concentrate what budget we have on just a couple of key weak spots, particularly central midfield. Nedum said on the pod last week, and I agree with him, that we won't get very far turning over players every summer at the rate we are.
Form on 14:55 - Nov 25 with 416 viewsfrancisbowles

Last night, second half. We were forced to go long as they ended up pressing us high and we found it extremely difficult to get any time on the ball. They were obviously bombarding us with long high balls as well. The problem was that when we went long, we failed to get second balls and failed to hold the ball in their half. The offsides just added to that. Additionally, they got a bit naughty on a few occasions and battered us as well. Barbet didn't look too happy at the end of the game! Ref was a bit too lenient to.

Lack of experience in many, we really needed a big personality after Geoff went off, to calm it down a bit and for someone to put their foot on the ball and try and slow it down. Ball, unfortunately was having one of those spells where he keeps conceding possession.

It's all a learning curve and hopefully we will benefit from the experience.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024