Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
MOTM? 17:30 - Feb 6 with 2654 viewsHantsR

Many shouts for Barbet and of course the usual suspects, Dieng and Dickie and I don't disagree, but I thought that the team as a whole was MOTM if that makes sense? as there were few poor performances today. Well done everyone.
MOTM? on 17:36 - Feb 6 with 2606 viewsGloucs_R

Not sure Ball and Dykes had good games.

The back three looked solid.

Chair was my motm comfortably.

Poll: Are we staying up?

MOTM? on 17:38 - Feb 6 with 2569 viewsdavman

Say it quietly...

Wallace for me.

Barbet, Seny, Johansen and Dickie honourable mentions...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

MOTM? on 17:39 - Feb 6 with 2558 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Barbet, even without the goal.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

MOTM? on 17:41 - Feb 6 with 2527 viewsjoolsyp

I've been very critical of Cameron and Wallace recently but both had good games. Positionally Wallace is miles ahead of Nico (which you'd expect given his experience) - shame he's so slow!

Barbet MoM for me.
MOTM? on 17:48 - Feb 6 with 2463 viewsMalintabuk

Said on the thread Barbet and stand by that
There is light years difference in a year with that defence.... so is it actually Dieng that as made the difference or Dickie?
But Barbet today looked in total control and made some really good decisions.....though the block of the season must go to Dickie
MOTM? on 17:53 - Feb 6 with 2419 viewsLongsufferingR

Barbet definitely with Dickie and Dieng close behind. Ball was sailing a bit close to the wind for periods of that game and with 10 men it would have been very difficult especially when their bigger names came on. Johansen is quietly getting on with exactly the things we bought him for and the 5 minute trudge off the pitch when he was subbed was the sign of a true shthouse.
MOTM? on 18:01 - Feb 6 with 2374 viewsA40Bosh

I am wondering whether we get to the stage now that with Seny, because he is proving to be a good keeper and more important, consistent, there is less need to appoint him MOTM when he has a good game.

Like a few it would be easier to just award it to the back 6 as a whole because there were a few squeaky bum moments today and between them they kept a clean sheet. Have to also say that Rob Dickie really is a great young defender and Barbet in the last few matches is overcoming his previous rep with many of us.

Not a day for Charlie and Lyndon today in terms of them terrorizing the defence, but it was more a grind it out result today and a result that should renew some confidence with a goal and win together with a clean sheet at home.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

MOTM? on 18:11 - Feb 6 with 2318 viewsqpr_1968

was anyone suprised that ball wasnt subbed, obviously right choice in the end, but would it have made a difference if he was.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Login to get fewer ads

MOTM? on 18:15 - Feb 6 with 2289 viewsBrianMcCarthy

MOTM? on 18:11 - Feb 6 by qpr_1968

was anyone suprised that ball wasnt subbed, obviously right choice in the end, but would it have made a difference if he was.

Brave to leave him on, but he was playing well at that stage and never looked like picking up another yellow. plus we needed two defensive mids and we needed Bettache for the tiring Johansen.

MOTM? on 18:15 - Feb 6 with 2286 viewsQPR_John

Wonder what would have happened last season if we had had Dieng and Dickie in defence. Of corse we could have had Dieng in goal. No change of manager so what did Warburton not see in Dieng last season
[Post edited 6 Feb 2021 18:17]
MOTM? on 18:17 - Feb 6 with 2262 viewsqpr_1968

MOTM? on 18:15 - Feb 6 by BrianMcCarthy

Brave to leave him on, but he was playing well at that stage and never looked like picking up another yellow. plus we needed two defensive mids and we needed Bettache for the tiring Johansen.

nice one, glad for bettache, always liked him when i watched the u23's.

MOTM? on 18:18 - Feb 6 with 2253 viewsBoston

Dickie has surpassed Chair as my favourite. Today, hmm, Barbet for the goal or Dickie for the block. Spins the coin, it’s Yoann.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

MOTM? on 18:21 - Feb 6 with 2228 viewsNorthernr

Barbet.
MOTM? on 18:23 - Feb 6 with 2213 viewsBoston

MOTM? on 18:21 - Feb 6 by Northernr

Barbet.

...he’s a doll, isn’t he?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

MOTM? on 18:25 - Feb 6 with 2188 viewsNorthernr

MOTM? on 18:23 - Feb 6 by Boston

...he’s a doll, isn’t he?

You can brush his hair, undress him everywhere.
MOTM? on 18:32 - Feb 6 with 2138 viewsdm97

Barbet - a more natural LCB in a three you will not see
MOTM? on 18:35 - Feb 6 with 2125 viewsBrianMcCarthy

MOTM? on 18:32 - Feb 6 by dm97

Barbet - a more natural LCB in a three you will not see

I feel like that's really a poem in some ancient Japanese form:

Barbet
A more natural LCB
In a Three
You will not
See.

MOTM? on 18:38 - Feb 6 with 2109 viewsdm97

MOTM? on 18:35 - Feb 6 by BrianMcCarthy

I feel like that's really a poem in some ancient Japanese form:

Barbet
A more natural LCB
In a Three
You will not
See.

QPR related haiku’s - a lockdown project
MOTM? on 18:39 - Feb 6 with 2101 viewsdm97

P.S honourable mention to Seny (everyone look at seny etc) the guy is a joke and we must treasure him
MOTM? on 18:42 - Feb 6 with 2085 viewsW7Ranger

MOTM? on 18:15 - Feb 6 by QPR_John

Wonder what would have happened last season if we had had Dieng and Dickie in defence. Of corse we could have had Dieng in goal. No change of manager so what did Warburton not see in Dieng last season
[Post edited 6 Feb 2021 18:17]

But who's to say that Warbs done the right thing by loaning him out to make him the keeper he is now?

Dieng in front of fans a year/18 months ago might have been too early for him and he might've struggled.

So maybe his situation has been managed brilliantly by Warbs to get him to where he's at now, which is a very composed and very good goalkeeper,
[Post edited 6 Feb 2021 18:51]
MOTM? on 18:43 - Feb 6 with 2078 viewsqpr_1968

not much mention of kane today, how did he perform compared to midweek.

solid?

MOTM? on 18:48 - Feb 6 with 2044 viewsBrianMcCarthy

MOTM? on 18:43 - Feb 6 by qpr_1968

not much mention of kane today, how did he perform compared to midweek.

solid?

Solid is a good word. Armstrong, as we expected, played in behind Kane but it was Dickie who was detailed to pick him up, so no error or frailty or failure by Kane in any way. Clive pointed out that Kane was dropped deeper after HT to help out, which was true and a good spot. And it did help.

Going forward, he was naturally quieter. But we rarely had the same amount or quality of possession in the oppo half that would bring him into play.

MOTM? on 18:49 - Feb 6 with 2032 viewsBrianMcCarthy

MOTM? on 18:42 - Feb 6 by W7Ranger

But who's to say that Warbs done the right thing by loaning him out to make him the keeper he is now?

Dieng in front of fans a year/18 months ago might have been too early for him and he might've struggled.

So maybe his situation has been managed brilliantly by Warbs to get him to where he's at now, which is a very composed and very good goalkeeper,
[Post edited 6 Feb 2021 18:51]

Very good point. I suppose we'll never know. I'd give Warburton the benefit of the doubt on this one.

MOTM? on 18:50 - Feb 6 with 2027 viewsqpr_1968

MOTM? on 18:48 - Feb 6 by BrianMcCarthy

Solid is a good word. Armstrong, as we expected, played in behind Kane but it was Dickie who was detailed to pick him up, so no error or frailty or failure by Kane in any way. Clive pointed out that Kane was dropped deeper after HT to help out, which was true and a good spot. And it did help.

Going forward, he was naturally quieter. But we rarely had the same amount or quality of possession in the oppo half that would bring him into play.

thanks again brian.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024