Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
BFD 11:34 - Mar 18 with 3940 viewsHantsR

He's got a 100% win record with us so far. Geweldig!
BFD on 12:45 - Mar 18 with 3841 viewsrsonist

Especially pleasing bit of recruitment given he was out of the Hull team and at a real low point when signed.
BFD on 12:47 - Mar 18 with 3833 viewsNorthernr

BFD on 12:45 - Mar 18 by rsonist

Especially pleasing bit of recruitment given he was out of the Hull team and at a real low point when signed.

Yeh I wouldn't have touched him from what I'd seen at Hull. So far so good.
BFD on 12:55 - Mar 18 with 3802 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Very solid.
Couple of nice confident passes as well last night.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

BFD on 12:59 - Mar 18 with 3785 viewsrsonist

BFD on 12:47 - Mar 18 by Northernr

Yeh I wouldn't have touched him from what I'd seen at Hull. So far so good.

As with all our other defenders there's been a couple of flashes where you can see where he would have been more exposed in a back two like he was played in at Hull.
BFD on 13:07 - Mar 18 with 3760 viewsrsonist

As a big left footer only just turned 26 it's not out of the question he might still have pretty decent resale value. Not knowing how firmly in place "with a view to a perm" means in this instance I'm not sure whether that applies to us or Hull though...
BFD on 14:49 - Mar 18 with 3541 viewscolinallcars

He looks a bit lightweight to me, needs to build himself up.....
BFD on 15:21 - Mar 18 with 3468 viewsDavieQPR

BFD on 13:07 - Mar 18 by rsonist

As a big left footer only just turned 26 it's not out of the question he might still have pretty decent resale value. Not knowing how firmly in place "with a view to a perm" means in this instance I'm not sure whether that applies to us or Hull though...

He is out of contract at end of season. Seems to me that as he was virtually ever present for Hull in the last two seasons and Captain last he was dropped because he wouldn't sign a new one.
BFD on 15:33 - Mar 18 with 3442 viewsWestbourneR

Can't believe this guy wasn't in the Hull team in League One.

He looks like he could play Premiership football to me.

Looks an absolute find at this level. Barbet, Dickie and De Wijs is a really really formidable backline. Promotion quality foundation.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Login to get fewer ads

BFD on 15:34 - Mar 18 with 3433 viewsbosh67

So far he has looked excellent. He's quick across the ground and we can see what he can do in the air. The best thing is his actual presence. He is just over 6 foot 2 so not an absolute giant but he has the presence of someone much bigger. He has a lot of upper body strength and that is something we've been missing at the back.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

BFD on 15:35 - Mar 18 with 3432 viewsrsonist

BFD on 15:21 - Mar 18 by DavieQPR

He is out of contract at end of season. Seems to me that as he was virtually ever present for Hull in the last two seasons and Captain last he was dropped because he wouldn't sign a new one.

Yes okay right - like Austin and West Brom, Hull have an option to extend they're unlikely to take up.

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/jordy-de-wijs-hull-

They rejected bids for him despite the contract refusal to have a go at promotion but injury, iffy form, and the emergence of Jacob Greaves in his absence did for him.

Comments I read about his time at Hull when we signed him were very bipolar between colossus and liability so the loan with a view looked a smart play.
BFD on 20:08 - Mar 18 with 3324 viewsDorse

I like him. Shexshy football.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

BFD on 22:13 - Mar 18 with 3240 viewsGloryHunter

BFD on 14:49 - Mar 18 by colinallcars

BFD on 23:09 - Mar 18 with 3184 viewsMrSheen

BFD on 14:49 - Mar 18 by colinallcars

Shirt like a big top. Never seen so many hoops.
BFD on 16:54 - Mar 19 with 2970 viewsLazyFan

His jump for the goal was salmon-like. This means with his strength that he can take on the oppos target men.

However, I suspect in a 2 of a back 4 he can get exposed to the fast nippy type. We saw that with Jeds run away from him (remember Jed had the ball to run with as well) to score their first. True it was Kane who lost possession and the skilful Woods played him in straight away, which could catch anyone out of position as it happens very quickly, but BFD could not catch him.

Thus I feel he needs to be played in the correct tactical way and as a bruising Sweeper type. We have done this before when Macca of old used to play sweeper a few times.

zzzzzzzzzz

BFD on 17:08 - Mar 19 with 2939 viewsbosh67

BFD on 16:54 - Mar 19 by LazyFan

His jump for the goal was salmon-like. This means with his strength that he can take on the oppos target men.

However, I suspect in a 2 of a back 4 he can get exposed to the fast nippy type. We saw that with Jeds run away from him (remember Jed had the ball to run with as well) to score their first. True it was Kane who lost possession and the skilful Woods played him in straight away, which could catch anyone out of position as it happens very quickly, but BFD could not catch him.

Thus I feel he needs to be played in the correct tactical way and as a bruising Sweeper type. We have done this before when Macca of old used to play sweeper a few times.

You may well be right but he had a lot of ground to make up on that first goal and it wasn't his man to track.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

BFD on 23:09 - Mar 19 with 2779 viewsLazyFan

BFD on 17:08 - Mar 19 by bosh67

You may well be right but he had a lot of ground to make up on that first goal and it wasn't his man to track.

Agreed, but he was Sweeper and Jed did have the ball.

zzzzzzzzzz

BFD on 00:10 - Mar 20 with 2749 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Got a decent pass on him but looks like a fella you’d avoid in a Prison shower.

Great combo in a CB
[Post edited 20 Mar 2021 0:13]
BFD on 08:08 - Mar 20 with 2667 viewsrsonist

https://www.psv.nl/jeugd/spelers/speler/jordy-de-wijs-7.htm

From Mad magazine to mad football club.
BFD on 08:11 - Mar 20 with 2663 viewsgazza1

Made a good start to his QPR career......
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024