Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
warburton rumour 15:36 - Mar 30 with 6364 viewsLowerloftLad

just read that aidy boothroyd is under pressure in his role as the England under 21 and that mark warburton is one of the possible candidates for the job.

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

warburton rumour on 15:44 - Mar 30 with 4644 viewsdanehoop

First part makes sense. Beggars belief how someone so incompetent has been able to completely screw up having some of the finest U21 talent in a generation and continue in the role.

Not sure that the second part works so well, the best choice with a huge reputation in the game for his excellent work in developing young players and playing good football would be another of our employees, and they cant have him. Chris Ramsay is ours.

Never knowingly understood

warburton rumour on 16:18 - Mar 30 with 4546 viewsBklynRanger

If we were still in that earlier nosedive I'd be worried, but shirley the potential upside with us is more appealing than the U21s job? At least for now.
warburton rumour on 16:22 - Mar 30 with 4525 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Is there something about Boothroyd we aren’t seeing? He’s held in high regard by a lot of footballing people and low regard by all the fans. Sort of a reverse Alex Smithies.
warburton rumour on 16:26 - Mar 30 with 4512 viewsdenhamhoop2

Cannot believe a footballing dinosaur such as Boothroyd is anywhere near developing England's future starting lineup I can see why Warbs would be mentioned for this job but think the best fit would be Eddie Howe but he would need someone who can coach the defenders as anyone who thinks Meopham and Steve Cook is a Premiership centre back pairing obviously doesn't quite understand the subject
warburton rumour on 16:27 - Mar 30 with 4509 viewsMrSheen

Justin Cochrane in with a chance according to the Telegraph. Haven't heard his name for a while. Has coached England U-15, U-16, U-17.

I didn't realise until I looked at Wiki that he was sent off on his only appearance for us. Elite!
[Post edited 30 Mar 2021 16:31]
warburton rumour on 16:33 - Mar 30 with 4487 viewsAshdown_Ranger

warburton rumour on 16:26 - Mar 30 by denhamhoop2

Cannot believe a footballing dinosaur such as Boothroyd is anywhere near developing England's future starting lineup I can see why Warbs would be mentioned for this job but think the best fit would be Eddie Howe but he would need someone who can coach the defenders as anyone who thinks Meopham and Steve Cook is a Premiership centre back pairing obviously doesn't quite understand the subject

But he certainly kept the House of Commons under control.

Oh no, that was Betty Boothroyd...
warburton rumour on 16:37 - Mar 30 with 4467 viewsLazyFan

I would guess the papers have it wrong and it's Chris Ramsey they are after.
This makes sense as he has massive experience of developing youngsters in the game and that is well known.

Also, he is not a PR disaster and holds himself well in the public eye. A point that is minimal to us, but massive for the FA.

No doubt some will call the BAME card, but in reality, he is proven regardless of where he self identifies.

zzzzzzzzzz

warburton rumour on 16:39 - Mar 30 with 4460 viewsMaggsinho

warburton rumour on 16:27 - Mar 30 by MrSheen

Justin Cochrane in with a chance according to the Telegraph. Haven't heard his name for a while. Has coached England U-15, U-16, U-17.

I didn't realise until I looked at Wiki that he was sent off on his only appearance for us. Elite!
[Post edited 30 Mar 2021 16:31]

Yep, came on as a sub and was then sent off, we lost 3-0 at home to Stockport in our last game before relegation.

What a miserable day that was.
Login to get fewer ads

warburton rumour on 16:46 - Mar 30 with 4427 viewsEsox_Lucius

I would have thought that Eddie Howe is someone who would be looked at.

The grass is always greener.

warburton rumour on 16:48 - Mar 30 with 4418 viewsbosh67

I can imagine the England set up looking at Chris Ramsey. Hope not but I think he kind of fits the bill.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

warburton rumour on 16:57 - Mar 30 with 4380 viewsTacticalR

warburton rumour on 16:22 - Mar 30 by BazzaInTheLoft

Is there something about Boothroyd we aren’t seeing? He’s held in high regard by a lot of footballing people and low regard by all the fans. Sort of a reverse Alex Smithies.

The chapter on Boothroyd in Michael Calvin's 'Living on the Volcano' says this about the beginning of his career (at Watford):

'A Premier League manager at 35, Boothroyd was touted as the next big thing, an innovative coach and dynamic, challenging personality. He was spoken of as a mini-Mourinho, a future England manager.'

At the time of the Calvin book (after he had been sacked by Northampton, but just before he got appointed as England under-20 coach), he seemed to be in the middle of an identity crisis about what sort of manager he was and what sort of football he should be playing.

He knew Dan Ashworth as they had worked together at Peterborough and West Brom.

Air hostess clique

warburton rumour on 17:00 - Mar 30 with 4362 viewsWestbourneR

I think Warburton would be a good fit for the role and, unlike most of you, I can easily believe the rumour.

Ramsey isn't a manager.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

warburton rumour on 17:09 - Mar 30 with 4326 viewsDannyPaddox

I say this from my own observation and without any inside knowledge - people inside the England set-up of limited ability who climb up the greasy pole to be England manager are either schemers (Howard Wilkinson) or squeaky-clean yes-men (Gareth Southgate). Boothroyd is of shockingly limited ability. If Chris Ramsey was to take his place could he feasibility do both jobs - QPR and England?
warburton rumour on 17:21 - Mar 30 with 4273 viewsLongsufferingR

You would have thought the FA would want Lampard. Perfect fit for them.
warburton rumour on 17:29 - Mar 30 with 4241 viewsMatch82

warburton rumour on 17:00 - Mar 30 by WestbourneR

I think Warburton would be a good fit for the role and, unlike most of you, I can easily believe the rumour.

Ramsey isn't a manager.

Not sure you really want someone who fits the traditional "manager" role in the u21s though. More about development and preparing for the transition into the full squad I would have thought.
warburton rumour on 17:42 - Mar 30 with 4188 viewseastside_r

I’d take a £5m transfer fee for Warburton. That would be a good deal for the club.

Surely the buy cheap and sell big policy also applies to the manager.
warburton rumour on 17:54 - Mar 30 with 4150 viewsrsonist

warburton rumour on 17:29 - Mar 30 by Match82

Not sure you really want someone who fits the traditional "manager" role in the u21s though. More about development and preparing for the transition into the full squad I would have thought.

Correct, and you don't get the feeling Boothroyd ever really understood what that meant.

[Post edited 30 Mar 2021 17:56]
warburton rumour on 17:59 - Mar 30 with 4130 viewsCamberleyR

warburton rumour on 17:21 - Mar 30 by LongsufferingR

You would have thought the FA would want Lampard. Perfect fit for them.

Frank Lampard's England U-21s

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

warburton rumour on 18:14 - Mar 30 with 4079 viewslightwaterhoop

Just watched a podcast with Clint Hill talking to Si Ferry a Scottish ex player.Clint played for Warburton at Glasgow Rangers and liked him but said he didnt coach defending and didnt have a plan B if anything in the game changed.An excellent podcast if anyone's interested Clint talks a lot about his time at QPR.Its on youtube.
warburton rumour on 18:15 - Mar 30 with 4075 viewsdanehoop

warburton rumour on 17:59 - Mar 30 by CamberleyR

Frank Lampard's England U-21s

I'd probably start supporting Denmark if that became the official title.

Never knowingly understood

warburton rumour on 18:43 - Mar 30 with 3974 viewsGuppy

warburton rumour on 18:15 - Mar 30 by danehoop

I'd probably start supporting Denmark if that became the official title.

Me too!!
warburton rumour on 19:04 - Mar 30 with 3916 viewskensalriser

Hard to believe the England U-21 job would be especially financially attractive for even a middle ranking Championship manager.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

warburton rumour on 20:51 - Mar 30 with 3687 viewsdaveB

warburton rumour on 18:14 - Mar 30 by lightwaterhoop

Just watched a podcast with Clint Hill talking to Si Ferry a Scottish ex player.Clint played for Warburton at Glasgow Rangers and liked him but said he didnt coach defending and didnt have a plan B if anything in the game changed.An excellent podcast if anyone's interested Clint talks a lot about his time at QPR.Its on youtube.

always thought that interview was incredibly unfair on Warburton
warburton rumour on 21:10 - Mar 30 with 3644 viewsdistortR

warburton rumour on 20:51 - Mar 30 by daveB

always thought that interview was incredibly unfair on Warburton

yeah, It's Hill's opinion, and doesn't fit with what we've seen.
warburton rumour on 21:46 - Mar 30 with 3575 viewsbosh67

Warburton clearly has some faults but he's an extremely good fit for us in terms of the way he tries to get us to play football and his understanding of finances. I think he's slowly getting the defending thing and although he doesn't have a very visible plan B he is learning to make certain substitutions to change a game. Back in the old days managers got 5 seasons to get it right. Warburton has done 2 and I think that given 3-4-5 and pulling our finances around he could build something special.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024