Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tour de France 22:23 - Jun 27 with 12034 viewsRanger_Things

Anyone following it?
A couple of big crashes on the first day, including one caused by a fan. Then today a stunning ride and win by Van Der Poel. This is shaping up to be a great race.
Tour de France on 11:47 - Jul 8 with 1573 viewstkqpr

I did my double ascent of Mont Ventoux on 4th July 2015. Bedoin to Malucene and back up and over again, tremendous day in the saddle which starated at 7am however it was so hot and exposed to no shelter on the second ascent i got something called 'hot foot' which is tremendous pain under the ball of the foot, despite this and near 40 degrees heat we made it ok, bought the obligatory cycling shirt in Cafe Reynard and descended for beers and food and rested up for a comfy second nights sleep in an giant ant infested tent for the even before leaving to do the Col d'Isrean and tehn ontothe Col du Madalane. How i miss my cycling holidays in the Alps and/or Pyrennes
Tour de France on 11:47 - Jul 8 with 1570 viewscyprusmel

Tour de France on 11:15 - Jul 8 by BrianMcCarthy

WvA imperious yesterday.

Today all set up for Cavendish, you'd think.

I would like to think so Brian but he must have been hurting in the mountains yesterday just trying to finish in the time limit.
Also one of the riders who leads him Alaphilippe was destroyed on yesterdays stage, still a good nights sleep and who knows.
Really hope Cav can do it today and break the record in Paris.
Tour de France on 17:29 - Jul 8 with 1498 viewsNewhopphoops

We watched the Grand Bornand stage from a bar about 200 metres from the finish, no point hanging around in the pouring rain... I bet the riders are glad to be in the warm again.

Lachlan Morton is holding his lead, he'll need it for the Bordeaux-Paris stretch. https://alttour.ef.com/
Tour de France on 18:52 - Jul 8 with 1459 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Finally able to start watching, which is good news as tomorrow's stage finishes at the top of our road and starts around the corner on the Saturday.

A chum I used to sit with at the Rangers for many years, lives in a neighbouring town and we're getting our RV points sorted.

As a non-footy fan of mine says: we QPR fans may not be many, but we are bloody well spread out!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Tour de France on 18:54 - Jul 8 with 1452 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Today's winner was the scenery.

Staggering beauty in those 40km through the gorges.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Tour de France on 09:16 - Jul 9 with 1343 viewsericgen34

Tour de France on 18:52 - Jul 8 by PlanetHonneywood

Finally able to start watching, which is good news as tomorrow's stage finishes at the top of our road and starts around the corner on the Saturday.

A chum I used to sit with at the Rangers for many years, lives in a neighbouring town and we're getting our RV points sorted.

As a non-footy fan of mine says: we QPR fans may not be many, but we are bloody well spread out!

So you're in Nimes? I'm not the only R supporter in Languedoc then :)

The tour goes through my village between 1:30 and 1:45 today, near the Pic St Loup
[Post edited 9 Jul 2021 13:00]
Tour de France on 11:32 - Jul 9 with 1292 viewsNewhopphoops

I'm enjoying the relay of Rs stewarding the Tour round France.

And Brian was right about the views yesterday in the Ardeche, absolutely stunning and would be great to ride.

Hoping for crosswinds today to liven it up. But still a Cavendish win giving him a chance to go ahead of Eddy Merckx in Paris. Too much to ask?
Tour de France on 11:49 - Jul 9 with 1278 viewstkqpr

Anyone saw this BBC Clip about Ventoux?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/cycling/36788632
Login to get fewer ads

Tour de France on 13:21 - Jul 9 with 1254 viewsNewhopphoops

Tour de France on 11:49 - Jul 9 by tkqpr

Anyone saw this BBC Clip about Ventoux?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/cycling/36788632

I really hope to climb it one day, at least from the "easy" (Malaucène) side. I'm way out of shape and I've climbed enough 800m hills to know what 1600m of vertical means. Massive respect to those who've done it.

Oddly you can be very close to it without ever seeing it - I've stayed about 20km to the north and ridden 30km to the south, and you know the beast is looming but there's always hills in the way.
Tour de France on 14:36 - Jul 9 with 1224 viewsLythamR

Tour de France on 18:52 - Jul 8 by PlanetHonneywood

What top are you wearing this afternoon John?
Tour de France on 15:24 - Jul 9 with 1209 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Tour de France on 14:36 - Jul 9 by LythamR

What top are you wearing this afternoon John?

Going to be a Fullers London Pride cycling top Pedro. F….d if I can find anything else currently.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!

Tour de France on 16:24 - Jul 9 with 1194 viewsSott

Tour de France on 15:24 - Jul 9 by PlanetHonneywood

Going to be a Fullers London Pride cycling top Pedro. F….d if I can find anything else currently.

Cav did it!!
Tied for all time stage wins
Tour de France on 16:35 - Jul 9 with 1177 viewsdezzar

Incredible the man is amazing
Tour de France on 16:39 - Jul 9 with 1168 viewsLythamR

Stunning finish, thought he was going to get crowded out. big up to his quick step team as well, consistently excellent

Shame about Simon Yates, some nasty crashes today.
Tour de France on 16:45 - Jul 9 with 1157 viewsNewhopphoops

Tour de France on 16:39 - Jul 9 by LythamR

Stunning finish, thought he was going to get crowded out. big up to his quick step team as well, consistently excellent

Well done Cav. The desire to win of the Quickstep boys is awesome.

Simon Yates now worth a punt for the Vuelta...
Tour de France on 16:46 - Jul 9 with 1156 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Tour de France on 16:24 - Jul 9 by Sott

Cav did it!!
Tied for all time stage wins

I’d like to think the bloke hollering at 400 meters was enough to tip him over the edge but Lord above, the speed they go past at is just staggering.

Well done Cav!!

Tour de France on 16:50 - Jul 9 with 1150 viewsNewhopphoops

Tour de France on 16:46 - Jul 9 by PlanetHonneywood

I’d like to think the bloke hollering at 400 meters was enough to tip him over the edge but Lord above, the speed they go past at is just staggering.

Well done Cav!!

I saw you... probably! They're going about 45 mph at that point.
Tour de France on 17:06 - Jul 9 with 1137 viewsdenhamhoop2

Tour de France on 16:39 - Jul 9 by LythamR

The Wolf Pack have been exceptional all ready for the record in Paris
Tour de France on 11:50 - Jul 10 with 1009 viewslongbottom

Tour de France on 09:16 - Jul 9 by ericgen34

So you're in Nimes? I'm not the only R supporter in Languedoc then :)

The tour goes through my village between 1:30 and 1:45 today, near the Pic St Loup
[Post edited 9 Jul 2021 13:00]

I live a few miles from Ceret and I'm hoping to be at the start tomorrow. Keep an eye out for an Ericsson hoops shirt.
Tour de France on 13:03 - Jul 10 with 979 viewsR_from_afar

Tour de France on 11:32 - Jul 9 by Newhopphoops

I'm enjoying the relay of Rs stewarding the Tour round France.

And Brian was right about the views yesterday in the Ardeche, absolutely stunning and would be great to ride.

Hoping for crosswinds today to liven it up. But still a Cavendish win giving him a chance to go ahead of Eddy Merckx in Paris. Too much to ask?

On a cycle camping trip yonks ago, I got a puncture right by the stone arch (Vallon Pont D'Arc). Then we ran out of drink and had to ask a fellow Brit with a camping van for some water.

We knew we were low on fluids that morning but it takes ages to strike camp when you're cycling and having done that and mindful of the heat - it really hits you when you come down from the Auvergne plateau - and thinking that the Ardeche gorge was such a big tourist attraction that there would be at least a shop or two, we headed off only to find that there was nowhere to buy anything

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Tour de France on 13:27 - Jul 10 with 967 viewsR_from_afar

Tour de France on 11:47 - Jul 8 by tkqpr

I did my double ascent of Mont Ventoux on 4th July 2015. Bedoin to Malucene and back up and over again, tremendous day in the saddle which starated at 7am however it was so hot and exposed to no shelter on the second ascent i got something called 'hot foot' which is tremendous pain under the ball of the foot, despite this and near 40 degrees heat we made it ok, bought the obligatory cycling shirt in Cafe Reynard and descended for beers and food and rested up for a comfy second nights sleep in an giant ant infested tent for the even before leaving to do the Col d'Isrean and tehn ontothe Col du Madalane. How i miss my cycling holidays in the Alps and/or Pyrennes

Respect to you, that was some serious climbing on the Ventoux. I've never done the Col de L'Iseran but it's colossal, at over 2700m and is the highest surfaced pass in the Alps.

Many years ago, my mate and I did the Col d' Allos (2200m) which was a decent effort because we were cycle camping and carrying all our own gear. I also did the Albula Pass in Switzerland on a youth hostelling trip. That was a real mental battle because
- I was on my own and therefore had no one suffering by my side
- It was early in the trip so I was well short of peak fitness
- After only a mile of the 17 mile ascent, I was already in bottom gear.

I did the old motivational thing of breaking it into very small chunks and somehow managed to drag myself up to the top (at just over 2300m). There was one moment of crushing disappointment when I crawled into a village, and not having a very detailed map, asked some hikers what height we were at. I was thinking it had to be 1900m because I was shot to pieces so when they told me it was only 1300m, meaning I had the small matter of a kilometre of vertical ascent to go, I was devastated 💔

On the downhill section, there was a surprise when I swooped into the first village: The road signs were all in some bizarre language. I later discovered I had entered the small corner of Switzerland where they speak Romansch.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024