Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Banning racist fans 19:10 - Jul 14 with 6917 viewsonlyrinmoray

Re the PMs announcement OK so a racist fan gets banned Why can’t he get his mate to get him a ticket or go to a local non league pay at the turnstile game or lower league game ?

Banning racist fans on 18:28 - Jul 15 with 1656 viewsPaddyhoops

Banning racist fans on 18:14 - Jul 15 by WatfordR

Arrested is one thing, prosecuted quite another.

I presumed they will be named and shamed!
Banning racist fans on 12:19 - Jul 16 with 1514 viewsthemodfather

they will get banned, hopefully corrupt and immoral mps get banned too!
Banning racist fans on 13:34 - Jul 16 with 1484 viewsrrrspricey

Banning racist fans on 18:28 - Jul 15 by Paddyhoops

I presumed they will be named and shamed!

Lets hope so Paddy.

I'd stick them on national TV too and make them explain why they thinks it's acceptable to abuse a young footballer purely because of the colour of his skin.

Scum of the earth
[Post edited 16 Jul 2021 16:00]
Banning racist fans on 14:33 - Jul 16 with 1449 viewswood_hoop

Banning racist fans on 13:34 - Jul 16 by rrrspricey

Lets hope so Paddy.

I'd stick them on national TV too and make them explain why they thinks it's acceptable to abuse a young footballer purely because of the colour of his skin.

Scum of the earth

Might not get all the news channels reporting on it though........our so called democratic media may have different views on what is news worthy......

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-57862332
Banning racist fans on 16:07 - Jul 16 with 1391 viewsrrrspricey

Banning racist fans on 14:33 - Jul 16 by wood_hoop

Might not get all the news channels reporting on it though........our so called democratic media may have different views on what is news worthy......

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-57862332

Doesn't matter if GBN broadcast it or not, very few, if any, will see it

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/media/gb-news-boycott-zero-viewers-b1885207.h
[Post edited 16 Jul 2021 16:08]
Banning racist fans on 16:25 - Jul 16 with 1376 viewswood_hoop

Banning racist fans on 16:07 - Jul 16 by rrrspricey

Doesn't matter if GBN broadcast it or not, very few, if any, will see it

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/media/gb-news-boycott-zero-viewers-b1885207.h
[Post edited 16 Jul 2021 16:08]

They stopped watching AFTER the presenter took the knee, then the Channel suspended him, I suppose it's only fair that the audience can air their opinion, but for a so called tv news channel that claims to air all viewpoints and not be at all like Fox News, its sure coming across to be nothing but a propoganda machine for the right wing viewers of our land.

Maybe I am being hyper sensitive but yet just another mouth piece for our Tory barons to inflict more drivel while claiming to support all.
Banning racist fans on 17:02 - Jul 16 with 1341 viewsQPROslo

Banning racist fans on 13:34 - Jul 16 by rrrspricey

Lets hope so Paddy.

Scum of the earth

When I first saw this thread I read it as "Burning racist fans", which after a second or two's thought I realised is going a bit far. But nevertheless this is closer to my preferred treatment of them than just "banning them".
Banning racist fans on 17:20 - Jul 16 with 1310 viewsngbqpr

Banning racist fans on 14:08 - Jul 15 by SheffieldHoop

Yeh let's start going after low information QPR fans for liking the Britain First page on facebook in 2013

and that's been suggested....er, where exactly?

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Login to get fewer ads

Banning racist fans on 11:25 - Jul 17 with 1177 viewsSheffieldHoop

Banning racist fans on 17:20 - Jul 16 by ngbqpr

and that's been suggested....er, where exactly?

It was a joke
Based on how certain QPR fans go about things on social media
I said I'm interested to see how clubs implement it
Read the thread

"Someone despises me. That's their problem." Marcus Aurelius

Banning racist fans on 12:49 - Jul 17 with 1123 viewsngbqpr

Banning racist fans on 11:25 - Jul 17 by SheffieldHoop

It was a joke
Based on how certain QPR fans go about things on social media
I said I'm interested to see how clubs implement it
Read the thread

I have read it thanks.
I didn't realise we were branching out into other (unspecified) social media.
Would love to see these examples shared of the Rangers woke police in action.
Meanwhile, I think derby hoop's point was spot on.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Banning racist fans on 13:13 - Jul 17 with 1083 viewsSheffieldHoop

Banning racist fans on 12:49 - Jul 17 by ngbqpr

I have read it thanks.
I didn't realise we were branching out into other (unspecified) social media.
Would love to see these examples shared of the Rangers woke police in action.
Meanwhile, I think derby hoop's point was spot on.

"It's up to us as supporters of an ethnically diverse club, to show that racism, however, expressed, should not be tolerated."

There are without a doubt QPR fans who would perceive a like for Britain First on Facebook as an expression of racism.

Whether or not these people are empowered to turn in to "Rangers Woke Police" would depend on how the club IMPLEMENTS the new rules around banning people for racist attitudes. We clearly have supporters who would relish the opportunity to get others banned.

Banning racist fans on 15:48 - Jul 17 with 1045 viewsngbqpr

Banning racist fans on 13:13 - Jul 17 by SheffieldHoop

"It's up to us as supporters of an ethnically diverse club, to show that racism, however, expressed, should not be tolerated."

There are without a doubt QPR fans who would perceive a like for Britain First on Facebook as an expression of racism.

Whether or not these people are empowered to turn in to "Rangers Woke Police" would depend on how the club IMPLEMENTS the new rules around banning people for racist attitudes. We clearly have supporters who would relish the opportunity to get others banned.

"without a doubt"

"clearly relish the opportunity"

You're making a lot of presumptions based on...what? That's all I've asked. An actual example of a Rangers fan reporting a fellow fan for liking Britain First on Facebook? (before they were banned from Facebook for being...oh yeh...racist). Something similar?

Banning racist fans on 15:52 - Jul 17 with 1040 views80s_Boy

Banning racist fans on 13:13 - Jul 17 by SheffieldHoop

As I said on another part of this thread, last year there was someone on QPR Twitter advocating bans if they had shared any tweets supporting Tommy Robinson...
Banning racist fans on 16:40 - Jul 17 with 996 viewsSheffieldHoop

Banning racist fans on 15:48 - Jul 17 by ngbqpr

"without a doubt"

"clearly relish the opportunity"

You're making a lot of presumptions based on...what? That's all I've asked. An actual example of a Rangers fan reporting a fellow fan for liking Britain First on Facebook? (before they were banned from Facebook for being...oh yeh...racist). Something similar?

There's loads of evidence supporting this, as mentioned above by 80's, as mentioned on QPR Podcast and other QPR related media from time to time.

Perhaps Britain Frist was a bad and old example. I don't follow these groups, so I didn't know they'd been banned. Let's change that then to the "Democratic Football Lads alliance" - You honestly think clubs could bring this ban in, and whenever the next big protest comes around, not be swamped with requests from "Football Lads & Lasses Against Fascism" members to ban supporters who are members of the "Democratic Football Lads alliance" and visa versa? It's entirely predictable and something clubs should look to avoid getting involved in

Say there's a QPR fan who never posts anything but positives about all QPR players, loves Uncs, thinks Willock is a star.....but absolutely hates Lewis Hamilton and everything he "stands for"? Loads of people would interpret that as being racist, but should QPR? If a random F1 fan takes offence and reports them to QPR, Is it QPR's job to police their fans like that? Or is QPR's job simply to look after the players?

As I said in my first post on the thread, fine to bring in a rule, but the parameters need to be set in stone and not open to interpretation.

Banning racist fans on 16:57 - Jul 17 with 976 views80s_Boy

On a slight tangent, but some interesting extracts from a New Statesman article:

'Sanjay Bhandari, chair of Kick It Out, the campaign group against racism in football, says that data from the last two seasons of football shows around 70 per cent of abuse originates overseas.'

'Brighton striker Neal Maupay received digital death threats after scoring against Arsenal in June 2020. The person who sent them was given a nine-month probation order this month. The 19-year-old perpetrator wasn’t from Sunderland or Somerset, but Singapore.'

' Italian and French football fans are as likely, if not more likely, to abuse black players with monkey emojis'

https://www.newstatesman.com/science-tech/social-media/2021/07/who-behind-online
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024