Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Moving 09:40 - Sep 6 with 4903 viewsDubaiR

Morning All,

This morning I have resigned and accepted a role for Ransomes Jacobsen in Ipswich. House is going on the market this week.

Any areas to avoid / look at within an hour of IP3 would be appreciated as don't know the area at all.

Thanks in advance
Moving on 19:31 - Sep 7 with 655 viewsCiderwithRsie

Moving on 14:34 - Sep 6 by DevonWhite

I'm moving the other way so will take the opportunity to ask if you can recommend good places to live in/near to Gloucestershire. My partner has been offered a job in Cheltenham and we're considering Stroud, maybe even Worcester as it's only 25 mins on the train. Not huge fans of Cheltenham itself. Would prefer a town/city to a village. What's Gloucester itself like?

Horses for courses but I'd disagree with GordanoR about Stroud. It does have that hippy thing but that's basically because there is stuff going on - bands, comedy, artsy stuff generally - which as you'll know isn't always the case in the countryside. Also no-one gives a f*ck where you're from or whether your grandparents lived here, which is also not always the case. It also does have the train both to Cheltenham and Paddington, which sounds like it might be relevant.

Wouldn't say any of it is a sh*thole, certainly not by standards of, e.g. Kilburn. But if you wanted somewhere more village-y then have a look at Nailsworth or Horsley. Minchinhampton and Painswick are lovely but hugely expensive. Chalford's also nice, not too sure about cost.

Gloucester's a bit marmite. I quite like it but basically Gloucester and Cheltenham are like one city with a gap down the middle and all the industrial and historic stuff is in Gloucester while all the shopping and fun (and expensive) stuff is in Cheltenham. Personally I find Cheltenham a bit up itself and Gloucester mostly OK but a bit run-down and unhappy about it. (There is also a surprisingly violent bit of Cheltenham not far from GCHQ, which doesn't look like it would be.)
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024