Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bonne 21:42 - Nov 20 with 15983 viewsLowerloftLad

I don't want to come back to QPR and be third or fourth choice,last season I used to sit around eating Jaffa cakes and getting fat, He may support Ipswich but I think his comment's show me about his attitude.

Get him sold to Ipswich or anyone else in league one who fancy spending 3mill.
[Post edited 20 Nov 2021 21:43]

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Bonne on 08:17 - Nov 21 with 1779 viewsgazza1

Bonne on 00:31 - Nov 21 by WatfordR

Easy one this.

Get his agent to persuade Ipswich to pay us what we paid Charlton, plus what we've paid him in wages, and get Ipswich to pay him what he's getting paid by us for the remainder of his contract.

Then he can eat all the jaffa cakes he wants.

What a pr1ck.

Why is he a prick???
Bonne on 08:30 - Nov 21 with 1751 viewsdmm

This could be an indication Ipswich will table an offer for him in January. It's quite unusual for a player on loan to talk like this. He wants to stay, and no doubt Ipswich want him, so a statement like this could be an attempt to help make it happen.
Bonne on 08:34 - Nov 21 with 1709 viewsRussian__Bot

Bonne on 08:15 - Nov 21 by gazza1

Firstly, lets clear up the Jaffa cakes........it is a food that many footballers eat because of the ingredients in the Jaffa cakes. They will eat them at training, before a game and at half time and after the game.

As for what he is saying re football, basically he wants to play football and not train all week and then play for 5 mins on Saturday afternoon when he comes on as a sub or start a game once a month.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with what he is saying.

Except that isn't the only thing to consider here. There is a financial side. Bearing in mind we have invested around £2 million in him so far I would guess.

Imagine we aren't talking about Bonne here and he was never loaned out. But Ipswich had a striker who had scored 11 goals in 16 games and we decided we wanted to try and buy him to help our promotion push. How much money do you think they would demand from us?

Why should we accept any less?
Bonne on 08:37 - Nov 21 with 1712 viewsgazza1

Bonne on 08:30 - Nov 21 by dmm

This could be an indication Ipswich will table an offer for him in January. It's quite unusual for a player on loan to talk like this. He wants to stay, and no doubt Ipswich want him, so a statement like this could be an attempt to help make it happen.

Nah, silence is golden as they saying goes.......
Bonne on 08:40 - Nov 21 with 1706 viewsgazza1

Bonne on 08:34 - Nov 21 by Russian__Bot

Except that isn't the only thing to consider here. There is a financial side. Bearing in mind we have invested around £2 million in him so far I would guess.

Imagine we aren't talking about Bonne here and he was never loaned out. But Ipswich had a striker who had scored 11 goals in 16 games and we decided we wanted to try and buy him to help our promotion push. How much money do you think they would demand from us?

Why should we accept any less?

Unlike you I don't know what he cost us......I do not believe that Ipswich will be paying £2 million for him though. If we do not want him then no point in keeping him, unhappy players are not healthy for the squad or the Club.
[Post edited 21 Nov 2021 8:43]
Bonne on 08:40 - Nov 21 with 1713 viewsQPR_Jim

Bonne on 00:02 - Nov 21 by BazzaInTheLoft

Just can’t get myself worked up over Jaffa cake for some reason.

When he played I couldn’t fault his effort, just his finishing.

I agree, can't fault his effort when he played and he can eat Jaffa cakes if he wants. However if he was putting on weight, that doesn't seem like the actions of a professional football to me. Also as you say his finishing needed some work, so maybe rather than expecting more opportunities just for hanging around, he should have been working hard after training to improve his finishing? Might have helped him shift the extra pounds too.
Bonne on 08:48 - Nov 21 with 1693 viewsdistortR

yeah, not so sure we should be reading so much into Bonne's throwaway jaffa cake comment.

edited because johncharles beat me to it
[Post edited 21 Nov 2021 8:54]
Bonne on 08:49 - Nov 21 with 1681 viewsstevec

Get the impression he simply wasn’t happy here and doesn’t want to put himself through it again. Best for all sides if we unload and write off a significant portion of the said £2 million.
Login to get fewer ads

Bonne on 08:51 - Nov 21 with 1676 viewsdistortR

Firstly, lets clear up the Jaffa cakes........it is a food that many footballers eat because of the ingredients in the Jaffa cakes. They will eat them at training, before a game and at half time and after the game.

As for what he is saying re football, basically he wants to play football and not train all week and then play for 5 mins on Saturday afternoon when he comes on as a sub or start a game once a month.

edit. yeah he did.
[Post edited 21 Nov 2021 8:52]
Bonne on 08:55 - Nov 21 with 1621 viewsRussian__Bot

Bonne on 08:40 - Nov 21 by gazza1

Unlike you I don't know what he cost us......I do not believe that Ipswich will be paying £2 million for him though. If we do not want him then no point in keeping him, unhappy players are not healthy for the squad or the Club.
[Post edited 21 Nov 2021 8:43]

How much do you think Ipswich would want if they owned a striker who we wanted to buy and he had scored 11 goals in 16 games? (Would be nice if you didn’t Doge this question)

If that hypothetical Ipswich striker happened to be a QPR fan and came out in the press saying he wanted to leave do you think that it would be reasonable to expect that Ipswich let that player sign for us for whatever we are prepared to pay? And that striker can sign himself a nice little contract extension

If he’s unhappy let him train with the U23’s I say. But the only way he should leave if he gets sold for what he’s worth.

We signed Connor Washington for £2.5 million years ago for scoring less goals on that same league. Will Grigg cost Sunderland £4m in the same league. £4m is a low fee for Bonne
[Post edited 21 Nov 2021 8:57]
Bonne on 09:03 - Nov 21 with 1621 viewsbosh67

I think the guy is very unlucky really. We can see he is a striker, albeit at a level down but there is more than enough there to suggest that he could do it at this level. I like him as a player, he's just had a bit of a crisis of confidence here in front of goal. We got Dykes through that and I am. sure we could have done the same with Bonne.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Bonne on 09:09 - Nov 21 with 1592 viewsgazza1

Bonne on 08:55 - Nov 21 by Russian__Bot

How much do you think Ipswich would want if they owned a striker who we wanted to buy and he had scored 11 goals in 16 games? (Would be nice if you didn’t Doge this question)

If that hypothetical Ipswich striker happened to be a QPR fan and came out in the press saying he wanted to leave do you think that it would be reasonable to expect that Ipswich let that player sign for us for whatever we are prepared to pay? And that striker can sign himself a nice little contract extension

If he’s unhappy let him train with the U23’s I say. But the only way he should leave if he gets sold for what he’s worth.

We signed Connor Washington for £2.5 million years ago for scoring less goals on that same league. Will Grigg cost Sunderland £4m in the same league. £4m is a low fee for Bonne
[Post edited 21 Nov 2021 8:57]

As I have said if you read my post.....I have not got any real idea what players cost or what they earn. I do not do guessing. If the club say that they paid £2 million & his pay is £5k per week then fine but I do not believe that they have spoken money.

As for selling him or loaning him out......if he is going to improve by loans then let him go out and see if he improves and can then play for the first team. If he is not going to play for the first team then sell him for the best price that we can get - no point in playing him in the B team or U23s.

I have no idea what Bonne is worth.
Bonne on 09:22 - Nov 21 with 1557 viewsdmm

Bonne on 09:09 - Nov 21 by gazza1

As I have said if you read my post.....I have not got any real idea what players cost or what they earn. I do not do guessing. If the club say that they paid £2 million & his pay is £5k per week then fine but I do not believe that they have spoken money.

As for selling him or loaning him out......if he is going to improve by loans then let him go out and see if he improves and can then play for the first team. If he is not going to play for the first team then sell him for the best price that we can get - no point in playing him in the B team or U23s.

I have no idea what Bonne is worth.

It's a truism that something is only worth what someone will pay for it. That goes for players too. Ipswich must believe he's intrinsic to getting promotion, so he'll be highly valued.

And keep in mind, Ipswich have relatively new and wealthy owners.
Bonne on 09:28 - Nov 21 with 1532 viewsgazza1

Bonne on 09:22 - Nov 21 by dmm

It's a truism that something is only worth what someone will pay for it. That goes for players too. Ipswich must believe he's intrinsic to getting promotion, so he'll be highly valued.

And keep in mind, Ipswich have relatively new and wealthy owners.

Yes, I am sure Hoos and Les will be very mindful of what is happening at Ipswich however I do not believe that they will be paying OTT for a striker of Bonne's ability.....they will be looking at Championship level and not First Division.
Bonne on 09:29 - Nov 21 with 1535 viewsmcqpr10

I quite liked his interview. Not media trained platitudes. Told us exactly how he feels. Similar to the noises Lee cook made when on loan to us.

Cards are in our hands for once. He's done well there, he and the Ipswich fans want the move.

Demand 3 mill at least. If they want to play hard ball we end his loan in Jan.

Never rated him from the little i saw. Doesn't strike me as a warbs player as technically on the ball I thought he was shocking.
Bonne on 09:31 - Nov 21 with 1520 viewsgazza1

Bonne on 09:29 - Nov 21 by mcqpr10

I quite liked his interview. Not media trained platitudes. Told us exactly how he feels. Similar to the noises Lee cook made when on loan to us.

Cards are in our hands for once. He's done well there, he and the Ipswich fans want the move.

Demand 3 mill at least. If they want to play hard ball we end his loan in Jan.

Never rated him from the little i saw. Doesn't strike me as a warbs player as technically on the ball I thought he was shocking.

Well, I am sure he was a 'Warbs Player' when Warbs signed him.

I do not know what the price is for a first Division striker.
[Post edited 21 Nov 2021 9:32]
Bonne on 09:37 - Nov 21 with 1504 viewsmcqpr10

Bonne on 09:31 - Nov 21 by gazza1

Well, I am sure he was a 'Warbs Player' when Warbs signed him.

I do not know what the price is for a first Division striker.
[Post edited 21 Nov 2021 9:32]

As been stated regularly our transfers are decided by more people than the manager.
Bonne on 09:39 - Nov 21 with 1493 viewsgazza1

Bonne on 09:37 - Nov 21 by mcqpr10

As been stated regularly our transfers are decided by more people than the manager.

I very much doubt that is factual.......if the Manager did not want the player then that player would NOT be signed. MW will have the final say.
[Post edited 21 Nov 2021 9:40]
Bonne on 09:47 - Nov 21 with 1464 viewsmcqpr10

Bonne on 09:39 - Nov 21 by gazza1

I very much doubt that is factual.......if the Manager did not want the player then that player would NOT be signed. MW will have the final say.
[Post edited 21 Nov 2021 9:40]

Belk, hoos and Les all have say in transfers too.

Signings like Kelly ball and Wallace were clearly warbs signings.

De wijs was scouted by belk based on stats and how dominant he was in the air.

Warbs admitted Charlie was a signing pushed by Fernandes.many involved in these signings today. Not like the Clough days when managers and chairman were the only ones with a say.
[Post edited 21 Nov 2021 9:50]
Bonne on 10:09 - Nov 21 with 1417 viewsSK_hoops

I'd have him back in Jan. Gray isn't up for it, Chaz will need resting at times and Dykes could always get injured. I know he's constantly offside and plays a bit erratically but genuinely think this loan has made him. You don't get 0.7 goals a game by being terrible regardless of whether you've gone down a level. The only problem would be getting him regular first team football.

Or... loan in a different striker.
Bonne on 10:20 - Nov 21 with 1390 viewsGloryHunter

Jaffa Cakes are food ??
Bonne on 11:20 - Nov 21 with 1336 viewsWatfordR

Bonne on 08:17 - Nov 21 by gazza1

Why is he a prick???

Because the business he is in is a competitive one. He can eat whatever he wants, but if he wants to succeed at his profession, then he's got to be busting a gut to do so, not whinging about not getting treatment he doesn't merit..

He can't possibly complain about not playing more often here, because he wasn't doing what he was bought and given a chance to do, score goals. I don't believe that Warbs could be accused of not giving players a chance, as long as he is happy that their attitude is right.

It's all very well scoring goals in League One but he hasn't done it with any degree of consistency in the Championship.

Had I been him, and if I was ambitious to succeed, I'd be saying things like "I've worked hard on my game, I think I'm a better player now than I was a year ago, and I'd welcome the chance to prove that at a higher level if given the opportunity".

If he wants to stay at Ipswich, as I said, get Ipswich to reimburse us for what we've spent on him, and negotiate a deal with them. The fact it probably won't match what he's currently on shouldn't matter as he's just wanting to play every week, should it?

Back in the real world, that's not going to happen, and what he's looking for is us, a club who were prepared to pay a lot of money for his services, to take a hit to accommodate him.

So, all in all, prick.
Bonne on 11:28 - Nov 21 with 1325 viewsrobith

Wow some people are really easily triggered about obviously throw away light hearted comments. Some real disproportionate reactions ITT
Bonne on 11:29 - Nov 21 with 1322 viewsCiderwithRsie

Couldn't agree more.

I don't get the idea that Bonne is being ungrateful or getting above himself. Sure, he hasn't cut it in the Championship - but that's exactly the point, isn't it. If he comes back to us we're a side in the play-off places which means we might be in the Premier League next year; if not we'll be expected to be challenging unless it all goes tits up in 2022.

Is Bonne going to start regularly in a Premier League side or one that aspires to it? Of course not. Which is best - to stay where he's doing well and might progress, or hang around as a bit-part player? It's a no-brainer for all sides.

If we stay down and if he keeps improving as a result of his loan he might be a frequent starter next season, but it's a gamble for us and him.
Bonne on 11:33 - Nov 21 with 1316 viewsNorthernr

I'd be more concerned if he was one of those footballers that doesn't care whether they play football or not - SWP, Luke Young etc
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024