Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Post match thread 22:17 - Apr 5 with 5894 viewswortonranger

Sky comms man said we already had our towels on the beach. Says it all. Players should pay the costs of those going to Preston..including my son and his mates.
Post match thread on 10:09 - Apr 6 with 1692 viewsDamo1962

Post match thread on 08:26 - Apr 6 by CroydonCaptJack

The Sky commentator clearly hated us and was constantly digging us out. I don't really get Sky. The people in charge seem to love showing us but the commentators and pundits generally don't seem to like us.

They are all probably Brentfart, Foolham and Chelski gobshites. Always have the volume turned down when watching us or anyone else on TV. Most modern football is boring enough, without being bored even more by inane commentary.
Post match thread on 10:36 - Apr 6 with 1596 viewsthemodfather

i can't recall the game it was weeks back but we were still looking hopeful and sky commentators kept on about us blowing it, and forest forest forest.....but to be fair did we look like turning it around last night? no cutting edge m not outplayed one creative set piece did us.
Post match thread on 10:49 - Apr 6 with 1570 viewsdaveB

Post match thread on 10:00 - Apr 6 by ParkRoyalR

It's relevant because Warburton feels forced into rushing Dykes back or playing Gray in front of a forward who has had all season to get match fit and is on a very sizeable wage in our circumstances.

It's also relevant because unless that wage is freed up where are we going to find the money to fund the 2 new forwards I think 100% of our fanbase can see we need next season.

It's the No1 issue to fix in my opinion, the 2nd being how we reinvigorate or if unable to, replace Johansen, the 3rd being not being reliant on 34 year old wing-backs.

Dykes has been out for 2 months was hardly rushed back. Did Austin run over your cat or something, if the number 1 issue is to get rid of someone who is not playing then I think you need a new list.
Post match thread on 10:58 - Apr 6 with 1548 viewsParkRoyalR

Post match thread on 10:49 - Apr 6 by daveB

Dykes has been out for 2 months was hardly rushed back. Did Austin run over your cat or something, if the number 1 issue is to get rid of someone who is not playing then I think you need a new list.

Dykes played 30 minutes for Scotland midweek and the full 90 for us on the Saturday after 2 months out - in Warbs world of medical science that is being rushed back and the reason being he has lost all faith in Austin, as have many of the fans. Why is he not playing a bit part in crucial games when the 2 other strikers have been away or are coming back from injury?

Too not even being considered to come off the bench last night just shows how far his stock has fallen.

I'm sure most of our fans would put 2 new forwards very high on their lists - and in my opinion we can only afford this if Austin does the honourable thing or the club pay up part of his contract so he's a free agent and can get a 1 Year deal elsewhere.
Post match thread on 11:06 - Apr 6 with 1526 viewsdaveB

Post match thread on 10:58 - Apr 6 by ParkRoyalR

Dykes played 30 minutes for Scotland midweek and the full 90 for us on the Saturday after 2 months out - in Warbs world of medical science that is being rushed back and the reason being he has lost all faith in Austin, as have many of the fans. Why is he not playing a bit part in crucial games when the 2 other strikers have been away or are coming back from injury?

Too not even being considered to come off the bench last night just shows how far his stock has fallen.

I'm sure most of our fans would put 2 new forwards very high on their lists - and in my opinion we can only afford this if Austin does the honourable thing or the club pay up part of his contract so he's a free agent and can get a 1 Year deal elsewhere.

He had to leave Dykes on as he did his sports science thing with Hendrick, Gray and Wallace instead, he even said that after the game. At the weekend he was about to take him off then Johansen got injured.

Warbs clearly doesn't think Austin should be playing which is fair enough and upto him, I wouldn't have started him either last night but as I say I struggle to see where this anger towards Austin has cone from not just from yourself but a lot of fans. It seems very sudden and personal in tone.I find it all quite sad and confusing really.

The likes of Mackie and Cook were crap in their second spell with us and never got anything like this kind of stick
Post match thread on 11:13 - Apr 6 with 1495 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Post match thread on 11:06 - Apr 6 by daveB

He had to leave Dykes on as he did his sports science thing with Hendrick, Gray and Wallace instead, he even said that after the game. At the weekend he was about to take him off then Johansen got injured.

Warbs clearly doesn't think Austin should be playing which is fair enough and upto him, I wouldn't have started him either last night but as I say I struggle to see where this anger towards Austin has cone from not just from yourself but a lot of fans. It seems very sudden and personal in tone.I find it all quite sad and confusing really.

The likes of Mackie and Cook were crap in their second spell with us and never got anything like this kind of stick

I think part of the issue with Charlie is that he's higher profile than either of them, what with his Talksport gig and social media presence. Therefore, people see him tweeting about going for a curry with his Talksport mate, see him struggling on the pitch and equate the two. Tbh our problems are more about a lack of service to the front men but he really has dropped off from last season for whatever reason.
Post match thread on 11:13 - Apr 6 with 1500 viewsdmm

I too think the service last night, and for a while now, has been awful. There are so few decent balls into the box or balls onto which a player can run onto that, although our strikers are out of form, there is so little they can work with.

The creative side of our play has almost died a death since February and it's not just Willock's absence. The lack of quality from the wingbacks, CMs and second strikers is a problem too.
Post match thread on 11:20 - Apr 6 with 1472 viewsParkRoyalR

Post match thread on 11:06 - Apr 6 by daveB

Mackie + Cook were rightly held in the highest of esteem regardless of their abilities waning with age as they were model professionals who always put the club first. They didn't just talk the talk and it showed whenever they played.

I think it's best left there rather than making the very obvious comparisons with Austin this season.

If anyone is unconcerned with our dire financial circumstances and Austin tying up a sizeable proportion of our wage bill (maybe 20% of our season ticket revenue) they are being nostalgic to the point of being naive, which is easy when someone else is picking up the bill.
Login to get fewer ads

Post match thread on 11:20 - Apr 6 with 1473 viewsdaveB

Post match thread on 11:13 - Apr 6 by Wegerles_Stairs

I think part of the issue with Charlie is that he's higher profile than either of them, what with his Talksport gig and social media presence. Therefore, people see him tweeting about going for a curry with his Talksport mate, see him struggling on the pitch and equate the two. Tbh our problems are more about a lack of service to the front men but he really has dropped off from last season for whatever reason.

Thats probably true but those tweets were part of the charm before, he's one of us etc and someone who would talk to fans as if he was one of us. It's a shame thats now being used against him
Post match thread on 13:39 - Apr 6 with 1294 viewsBklynRanger

Post match thread on 09:00 - Apr 6 by daveB

We are far too guided by sports science so all 3 subs every week are guided by how many games they've played recently. Wallace was always gonna have to come off, he looked shot by half time. I did find it odd that when needing a goal he took off Gray and ignored Austin to bring on Thomas who run around a lot but I think I had more chance of scoring.

True, and assuming it was known you'd have to sub Wallace after an hour max shirley it would have made sense to give McCallum the start instead? He's quite a decent little player from what I've seen.
Post match thread on 14:05 - Apr 6 with 1239 viewsgolborne

Post match thread on 11:13 - Apr 6 by dmm

I too think the service last night, and for a while now, has been awful. There are so few decent balls into the box or balls onto which a player can run onto that, although our strikers are out of form, there is so little they can work with.

The creative side of our play has almost died a death since February and it's not just Willock's absence. The lack of quality from the wingbacks, CMs and second strikers is a problem too.

We moved our best footballing defensive midfielder out of his deep position to make way for Field when he returned towards the end of last year. I appreciate everything Field does and nobody covers more ground etc, but his first touch from a pass is poor much of the time and he often ends up having to head back to safety, rather than playing one around the corner etc. He can't drop deep to collect the ball either for this reason. This is not pointing a finger at Field as his effort, attitude and battling are something to be admired, but if you take out a footballing midfielder who continually dropped deep to get it going and replace him with a battler, then something has to give. The Steph deep, onto Chair/Willock into Wallace and around we go has gone because it doesn't even start. And that's why the CH's go around like an early flight circling Heathrow, as they have nowhere to go. They need a deep lying outlet.
Post match thread on 14:23 - Apr 6 with 1196 viewsParkRoyalR

Post match thread on 14:05 - Apr 6 by golborne

We moved our best footballing defensive midfielder out of his deep position to make way for Field when he returned towards the end of last year. I appreciate everything Field does and nobody covers more ground etc, but his first touch from a pass is poor much of the time and he often ends up having to head back to safety, rather than playing one around the corner etc. He can't drop deep to collect the ball either for this reason. This is not pointing a finger at Field as his effort, attitude and battling are something to be admired, but if you take out a footballing midfielder who continually dropped deep to get it going and replace him with a battler, then something has to give. The Steph deep, onto Chair/Willock into Wallace and around we go has gone because it doesn't even start. And that's why the CH's go around like an early flight circling Heathrow, as they have nowhere to go. They need a deep lying outlet.

I thought our biggest weakness early in the season was our lack of mobility in the CDM area and that teams were running past us and shooting for fun in this area. Field fixed this.

I get his first touch can be lose but as much as I like Dom Ball, he sat too deep and passed over responsibility too often to the Centre Halves to step forward with the ball, rather than doing it himself.

Similar to Thomas is a good understudy to Willock / Chair, believe Ball is a good understudy to Field but unfortunately no more than that. Dozzell as Johansen's understudy is where there is a major drop-off in quality my opinion and the most important area to address in the midfield.
Post match thread on 14:49 - Apr 6 with 1157 viewsTheChef

Post match thread on 14:05 - Apr 6 by golborne

Hmmm interesting point re Field.

However Johansen has still largely been playing alongside or ahead of Field, so when he gets the ball he should still be able to make an attacking contribution (even more so if he's being played further upfield).

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Post match thread on 16:46 - Apr 6 with 1049 viewsPinnerPaul

Post match thread on 04:59 - Apr 6 by CLAREMAN1995

If Charlie cannot get on to the field in must win games there must be something serious going on behind the scenes.
Either he is just not up to it anymore or just cannot bring the intensity to training and on to games .
MW praised him this week (pre game I think ) for his professionalism and dedication around the team but does that include leading by example on game day.
We cannot score in a brothel right now surely there is a place for Austin in that 11

He came on on Saturday.

MW is never going to say they don't get on, but if there WAS 'something serious' going on, he'd hardly go out of his way to praise him just a few days ago?

Losing breeds lots of things I guess - conspiracy theories being one of them!
Post match thread on 23:41 - Apr 7 with 805 viewsgolborne

Post match thread on 14:23 - Apr 6 by ParkRoyalR

I thought our biggest weakness early in the season was our lack of mobility in the CDM area and that teams were running past us and shooting for fun in this area. Field fixed this.

I get his first touch can be lose but as much as I like Dom Ball, he sat too deep and passed over responsibility too often to the Centre Halves to step forward with the ball, rather than doing it himself.

Similar to Thomas is a good understudy to Willock / Chair, believe Ball is a good understudy to Field but unfortunately no more than that. Dozzell as Johansen's understudy is where there is a major drop-off in quality my opinion and the most important area to address in the midfield.

Oh we were fairly open at times, but we were also very bloody exciting and ask any fan what the most enjoyable part of the season was and most will say the first third. It’s about finding the balance and changing it up for different games. The thing I’ve highlighted with Field - if I’m the manager (and I love ours) I’d have him over at the side working on that day in day out. Just keep firing balls into his feet. Practice makes perfect and no player should be above working on the basics when it’s a weakness. Could you imagine the player we’d have if he added deft control to his game.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024