Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is it just me? . . . . . 16:26 - Jul 1 with 6986 viewsCFW

Currently enjoying a months holiday in Spain, now I am not in the Costa del Sol but am in a fairly exclusive part of the Costa Blanca. Although very few I have seen a few older men (50 upwards) walking about in football shirts. Now, I love my team as much as anyone else but to me a older man walking about in a football shirt on holiday just does not do it for me.

Perhaps I am getting too old but would be interested in what some of the younger people views might be, I guess the opposite to me.

Having said all that about 6 years ago I met a guy in a supermarket who was wearing a nice top with a very small QPR logo on and we did have quite a long conversation and he actually lived near me in Essex.

So far it has been West Ham, Leeds, Notts Forrest and Man City shirts.

Do me a favour guys leave them at home and wear them with pride on match days!!!!
Is it just me? . . . . . on 16:28 - Jul 1 with 5535 viewsNorthernr

Quite useful for beach/sea/pool though because they dry instantly.
Wouldn't go out to dinner in one mind.
Is it just me? . . . . . on 16:40 - Jul 1 with 5473 viewslightwaterhoop

We always go to Italy on holiday to all different parts and you never see any Italian adults wearing football shirts despite the fact that they love football.But they are the coolest people on the planet!
Is it just me? . . . . . on 16:52 - Jul 1 with 5413 viewsMaggsinho

Is it just me? . . . . . on 16:28 - Jul 1 by Northernr

Quite useful for beach/sea/pool though because they dry instantly.
Wouldn't go out to dinner in one mind.

You need a towelling tee shirt or polo.
Is it just me? . . . . . on 19:59 - Jul 1 with 5268 viewsPunteR

I'm the opposite. Don't wear the shirt to games but will wear one around on holiday.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Is it just me? . . . . . on 20:03 - Jul 1 with 5245 viewsaston_hoop

Wore a Rs shirt on a day trip to Chichen Itza in February and ended up finding a fellow R, always happens wherever you are!

On that note, I saw a bloke happily chatting away in Catalan to his mates earlier while wearing last seasons Millwall shirt! imagine going on holiday to England and coming back with that

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Is it just me? . . . . . on 17:54 - Jul 3 with 4746 viewsjoe90

Just got home from a local fayre, shirts on display included:

West Ham - anyone wearing claret & blue in my area does so in defiance
Bournemouth - very surprised
Arsenal - most popular
Spurs - just the one
Man Utd - standard
Man City - always children wearing them
Liverpool - the full kit w****r thing is true
Chelsea - never a good look
Palace - local(ish) so no surprise
Reading - very surprised
PSG - see these a lot
Ajax - Bob Marley away, very popular.

Kids get a free pass, but regarding adults wearing kits…I don’t like to be judgmental about what people wear, but why would you want to advertise the fact you’re a glory hunter? I get some shirts have transcended into fashion - Ajax/PSG, but what is the point in wearing a Liverpool/Man Utd/Citeh etc. Also, football shirts just don’t look good on men with a certain physique.

I have a modest collection of QPR shirts and two England shirts. I’ve worn QPR tops when playing 5 a side and it’s always been a talking point, people seem genuinely intrigued to meet a QPR fan. It probably makes a change from all the usual kits you see. Apart from that I don’t really wear them.
[Post edited 3 Jul 2022 18:05]
Is it just me? . . . . . on 18:06 - Jul 3 with 4721 viewsMatch82

Is it just me? . . . . . on 17:54 - Jul 3 by joe90

Just got home from a local fayre, shirts on display included:

West Ham - anyone wearing claret & blue in my area does so in defiance
Bournemouth - very surprised
Arsenal - most popular
Spurs - just the one
Man Utd - standard
Man City - always children wearing them
Liverpool - the full kit w****r thing is true
Chelsea - never a good look
Palace - local(ish) so no surprise
Reading - very surprised
PSG - see these a lot
Ajax - Bob Marley away, very popular.

Kids get a free pass, but regarding adults wearing kits…I don’t like to be judgmental about what people wear, but why would you want to advertise the fact you’re a glory hunter? I get some shirts have transcended into fashion - Ajax/PSG, but what is the point in wearing a Liverpool/Man Utd/Citeh etc. Also, football shirts just don’t look good on men with a certain physique.

I have a modest collection of QPR shirts and two England shirts. I’ve worn QPR tops when playing 5 a side and it’s always been a talking point, people seem genuinely intrigued to meet a QPR fan. It probably makes a change from all the usual kits you see. Apart from that I don’t really wear them.
[Post edited 3 Jul 2022 18:05]

On that last note I wonder if there's a deliberate effort by fans of clubs like Man City who have been around since they were shite to wear their 20 year old shirts in preference to the newer ones as some sort of point of principle.

Although I suppose the increased reproductions recently of retro kits still might make that hard to tell. Not that I'm complaining, got a nice Holland Fly KLM / Influence jobbie for my birthday recently 👌
Is it just me? . . . . . on 18:23 - Jul 3 with 4666 viewsjoe90

Is it just me? . . . . . on 18:06 - Jul 3 by Match82

On that last note I wonder if there's a deliberate effort by fans of clubs like Man City who have been around since they were shite to wear their 20 year old shirts in preference to the newer ones as some sort of point of principle.

Although I suppose the increased reproductions recently of retro kits still might make that hard to tell. Not that I'm complaining, got a nice Holland Fly KLM / Influence jobbie for my birthday recently 👌

I imagine that’s definitely the case, but like you say, with all the retros that are available it’s hard to tell.
Login to get fewer ads

Is it just me? . . . . . on 18:34 - Jul 3 with 4632 viewshoopsmark

I live in an exclusive part of the CB…where are you located?
Is it just me? . . . . . on 20:15 - Jul 3 with 4421 viewsslmrstid

If, like me, you love football shirts and patterns but wouldn't want to wear one as every day social wear, then I can recommend looking online at a company called Football Town. I've got their QPR patterned shirt ("The Superhoop", not to be confused with a similar patterned one they do for Reading called "The Maiwand Lion") and a couple of overseas ones.

I really like quite a few of the UK inspired clubs shirts they do but my loyalty to QPR has as yet not allowed me to buy one. Which is a bit dumb really because they are not expressly those clubs, just inspired by.

They are a bit pricey, but really nice material and quality.
Is it just me? . . . . . on 23:36 - Jul 3 with 4156 viewsBoston

I really don't do much in the way of football wear, find most of the stuff a little too loud for my taste. A few years ago, one of my kids bought me a light blue sweater with a smallish club crest adorned on it and it's ok, only Rangers would spot it without close scrutiny.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Is it just me? . . . . . on 01:04 - Jul 4 with 4098 viewsCLAREMAN1995

I have been admiring that beautiful Blue Star shirt forever and when I see it on Clive's match day photos it stands out even more .
My daughter surprised me by ordering one during my covid isolation in 2020 and when it came put it away for my birthday then promptly forgot about it
She came across it yesterday I opened and its as gorgeous as I thought but she ordered medium by mistake and its a wee bit tight lol.
I exclusivly wear my QPR gear while cycling and everytime I go downtown to the beach or sightseeing just in case anybody calls our Urrrrrrs .Still waiting after 35 years in America
Is it just me? . . . . . on 06:30 - Jul 4 with 3994 viewsLblock

This is all well and good, but what I want to know is what summer trainers Brian McCarthy has gone for this year

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Is it just me? . . . . . on 09:52 - Jul 4 with 3768 viewsdaveB

I wear my retro Guinness 83/84 shirt when on holiday and it's cotton so doesn't have to be 5 sizes to big to fit into
Is it just me? . . . . . on 10:09 - Jul 4 with 3728 viewslightwaterhoop

Is it just me? . . . . . on 20:15 - Jul 3 by slmrstid

If, like me, you love football shirts and patterns but wouldn't want to wear one as every day social wear, then I can recommend looking online at a company called Football Town. I've got their QPR patterned shirt ("The Superhoop", not to be confused with a similar patterned one they do for Reading called "The Maiwand Lion") and a couple of overseas ones.

I really like quite a few of the UK inspired clubs shirts they do but my loyalty to QPR has as yet not allowed me to buy one. Which is a bit dumb really because they are not expressly those clubs, just inspired by.

They are a bit pricey, but really nice material and quality.

Just had a look at their website and the QPR shirt is the only one sold out!
[Post edited 4 Jul 2022 10:10]
Is it just me? . . . . . on 10:10 - Jul 4 with 3719 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Is it just me? . . . . . on 06:30 - Jul 4 by Lblock

This is all well and good, but what I want to know is what summer trainers Brian McCarthy has gone for this year

I've had a mare, LB!

Bought a pair of navy vans. Never again.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Is it just me? . . . . . on 10:20 - Jul 4 with 3680 viewsjoe90

Is it just me? . . . . . on 10:10 - Jul 4 by BrianMcCarthy

I've had a mare, LB!

Why never again?!
Is it just me? . . . . . on 10:26 - Jul 4 with 3668 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Is it just me? . . . . . on 10:20 - Jul 4 by joe90

Why never again?!

Awful trainers. Too hard, too flat, like wearing lumps of clay. Wallace and Gromit trainers.

I was stuck, though. Bit of a panic buy!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Is it just me? . . . . . on 12:05 - Jul 4 with 3545 viewsMyke

Is it just me? . . . . . on 18:34 - Jul 3 by hoopsmark

I live in an exclusive part of the CB…where are you located?

I live in an exclusive part of the West of Ireland -aka 'remote'
Is it just me? . . . . . on 23:28 - Jul 4 with 3325 viewswombat

Is it just me? . . . . . on 12:05 - Jul 4 by Myke

I live in an exclusive part of the West of Ireland -aka 'remote'

In the Dominican Republic at the moment , so far only seen one shirt a rather nice Leicester shirt the pink away one , as my shoulders are currently on fire from sunburn my shirt won’t be worn until I can actually move my arms in something which looks normal and that’s with factor 50 applied

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Is it just me? . . . . . on 07:14 - Jul 5 with 3212 viewsTonto

Saw someone in a QPR shirt going through Kings X yesterday evening on the way home.

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Is it just me? . . . . . on 08:05 - Jul 5 with 3157 viewsLblock

Is it just me? . . . . . on 10:10 - Jul 4 by BrianMcCarthy

I've had a mare, LB!

Horrendous things!!

I assume the recent popularity in these is some sort of skater boy fashion?
Never like em and never will.

I’ll let you off BC as a panic buy.

White and black Nike Court and the ADIDAS Red Dragons current choices when I can manage to make it out the door.
[Post edited 5 Jul 2022 9:02]

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Is it just me? . . . . . on 08:49 - Jul 5 with 3097 viewsToast_R

I remember going to Vegas in 2003 and while wearing the home shirt, got into the roller coaster ride that goes off the top of one of the tall buildings. I was on my own sitting in the cart waiting for it to start and some sap in a Chelsea shirt ends up sharing with me. Wanted to talk about football. It was like when you're on a bus and the obligatory stinky drunk gets on and typically homes in on your seat. Completely ruined the experience.
[Post edited 5 Jul 2022 8:50]
Is it just me? . . . . . on 10:17 - Jul 5 with 2965 viewsjoe90

Is it just me? . . . . . on 08:49 - Jul 5 by Toast_R

I remember going to Vegas in 2003 and while wearing the home shirt, got into the roller coaster ride that goes off the top of one of the tall buildings. I was on my own sitting in the cart waiting for it to start and some sap in a Chelsea shirt ends up sharing with me. Wanted to talk about football. It was like when you're on a bus and the obligatory stinky drunk gets on and typically homes in on your seat. Completely ruined the experience.
[Post edited 5 Jul 2022 8:50]

That actually made me chuckle.

Had a similar experience in Thailand. I was with my girlfriend on a beach, we wanted a drink and the first bar we went in was covered in Chelsea and Rangers paraphernalia. I walked in took one look and walked straight out.
[Post edited 5 Jul 2022 10:47]
Is it just me? . . . . . on 10:18 - Jul 5 with 2964 viewsjoe90

Is wearing another teams shirt an absolute no-no or are there ever exceptions?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024