Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tyler Roberts ( incoming) 11:38 - Jul 6 with 20201 viewseghamranger

So says the daily mail, having a medial ( not a medical) so could be BS.

4.5million… ????
Tyler Roberts ( incoming) on 15:01 - Jul 6 with 4356 viewsDannytheR

... On the other hand, would be interesting to think about which of our current squad, not least our much maligned strikers, will ever do 60 games in the Premiership.

Clearly it would be nice to have a forward onboard who can do the necessary with a cow's arse and a banjo, and here's hoping that also happens. In the meantime, having someone at least capable of covering the ground quicker than me (slow at 23, now 50 with a fcked knee) sounds like progress.
Tyler Roberts ( incoming) on 15:06 - Jul 6 with 4304 viewsSuffolk

If he is willing to work hard for the team he he will do for me.
Tyler Roberts ( incoming) on 15:11 - Jul 6 with 4225 viewsenfieldargh

My daughters boyfriend is a lids fan.

Says he's Very skilful extremely pacey but his muscles are made from spaghetti so breaks down a fair bit. Don't expect too much from him

Has offered to drive him down.

Hopefully he's the one that got away from them

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Tyler Roberts ( incoming) on 15:24 - Jul 6 with 4123 viewsBklynRanger

I'm putting him down as 'additional option up front'.
Tyler Roberts ( incoming) on 15:50 - Jul 6 with 3948 viewsTheChef

Hopefully he's better than Jack Clarke.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Tyler Roberts ( incoming) on 15:52 - Jul 6 with 3932 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Sounds alright to me, I've not seen him play though.

I was like Wat Tyler?....

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Tyler Roberts ( incoming) on 15:54 - Jul 6 with 3919 viewsessextaxiboy

Tyler Roberts ( incoming) on 15:24 - Jul 6 by BklynRanger

I'm putting him down as 'additional option up front'.

Behind, Dykes, Bonne and Kelman ....really ?

He has Prem appearances in double figures .
Tyler Roberts ( incoming) on 16:06 - Jul 6 with 3824 viewsDoudou87

Positive signing if you ask me. It’s not like we have the resources to take our pick. Tyler is 23 years old, premiership and international experience, athletic (pacey) and hard working. Might not yet have the goals to show for it but dropping down a league and slotting into a new system might just work for him. Shrewd loan signing, now ship off Bonne to Ipswich and get ourselves a decent right back and a couple more loans and the squad looks well balanced to me.

Poll: Preferred rumoured CB

Login to get fewer ads

Tyler Roberts ( incoming) on 16:10 - Jul 6 with 3795 viewsDorse

Tell him I hate him.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Tyler Roberts ( incoming) on 16:18 - Jul 6 with 3746 viewsBklynRanger

Tyler Roberts ( incoming) on 15:54 - Jul 6 by essextaxiboy

Behind, Dykes, Bonne and Kelman ....really ?

He has Prem appearances in double figures .

I'm assuming we won't start the season like that though - additional option to Dykes, Kelman if we don't loan out again, and (I think?) also able to play out wide, possibly as a foil to the Illy and a willy vortex. Option isn't intended as a slight, just literally gives us options.
[Post edited 6 Jul 2022 16:25]
Tyler Roberts ( incoming) on 17:19 - Jul 6 with 3477 viewscolinallcars

Tyler Roberts ( incoming) on 15:52 - Jul 6 by Metallica_Hoop

Sounds alright to me, I've not seen him play though.

I was like Wat Tyler?....

No, he's a left winger.
Tyler Roberts ( incoming) on 17:44 - Jul 6 with 3378 viewsRsinWales

Not so much a comment on bringing TR in, but an expression of hope that this is in addition to brining in a goal-scorer. If we start the season without someone(s) who can regularly hit the back of the net (and TR's record certainly suggests it is not him) we can forget challenging at the top end.

Kelman and Bonne did not do enough on loan to suggest they are ready to make a big impact in the Championship, and I really do not know what to say about our Lyndon...

At the moment, we have taken Gray's goals out of the team and not replaced them. I would have thought we needed more goals, not less. I think we still require two goal-scorers to make progress on last season.
Tyler Roberts ( incoming) on 18:02 - Jul 6 with 3241 viewsLblock

In a bid to check myself I have to remember I’ve only seen him on Sky coming on a sun in two games.
One, I think it was v Villa actually, he did look okay until he got near the box and I noted he was pretty poor.
However, we’ve seen this before where players are derided by us who’ve never seen them and they prove us wrong - positives like Derry and Hill; negatives far too many to mention but Caulker probably top of the list.

The view of Leedscum fans is a concern as they seem to echo the general views we have on Bonne (save for the pace and skill).

Not announced so we’ll see

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Tyler Roberts ( incoming) on 18:18 - Jul 6 with 3168 viewsgolborne

Tyler Roberts ( incoming) on 14:49 - Jul 6 by simmo

General consensus is positive, IMO.

Works hard first and foremost ✅️
Available because he's deemed not ready for PL, rather than because he's shit/injured/a bellend ✅️
Can play across the top - so cover for 9 & Chair/Willock ✅️
Good age so lots of improvement still ✅️
23 and 150 odd league appearances already (Sean Goss could never) ✅️
Wont expect to automatically play ahead of our own ✅️
If unthinkable promotion happens and he does great, we can make him our own ✅️

It doesn't solve the goals issue necessarily, but you never know... Overall, with loans the only legit option for us, this seems to tick a lot of boxes. Good to get him in before Germany too
[Post edited 6 Jul 2022 23:27]

Just need the No 9 now....
Tyler Roberts ( incoming) on 18:42 - Jul 6 with 3028 viewsMyke

Tyler Roberts ( incoming) on 17:44 - Jul 6 by RsinWales

Not so much a comment on bringing TR in, but an expression of hope that this is in addition to brining in a goal-scorer. If we start the season without someone(s) who can regularly hit the back of the net (and TR's record certainly suggests it is not him) we can forget challenging at the top end.

Kelman and Bonne did not do enough on loan to suggest they are ready to make a big impact in the Championship, and I really do not know what to say about our Lyndon...

At the moment, we have taken Gray's goals out of the team and not replaced them. I would have thought we needed more goals, not less. I think we still require two goal-scorers to make progress on last season.

It's not certain that the remit is to improve on last seasons's final position - unlike last summer we haven't heard any noises coming from the club to indicate that a promotion push is part of the agenda.What is clear, is that the desire to unearth and develop young talent is very much back on the agenda, having being jettisoned somewhat last season in our bid to make the play-offs. Are the two things mutually exclusive ? They don't have to be of course, but time and patience will be needed and I think, having at best stood still last season ,after two seasons of progress, we need to keep our expectations firmly in check this season.
With regards to Roberts, IF he comes in, I confess to knowing nothing about him. I acknowledge Wales superior knowledge and admit it doesn;s sound awfully inspiring from a goal scoring perspective. But this is exactly the kind of guy we were always going to sign and I am pleasantly surprised it is happening (IF it happens) this early. We were never going to afford a prolific young striker even on loan and like wise we were never going so sign a Wells/ Long type. If we are going to sign a striker who doesn't score much, I would much prefer it was one with development potential than Long (28/198 for Southampton) or Wells 6 goals in like forever for Bristol City. Again, it's an IF, but if he comes in, it indicates that management have identified our lack of pace and are going to address it, which is a good thing. I would be happy with this, if it happens. From a purely goal-scoring perspective, I suspect we will be relying heavily on Willock and Chair to both hit around the 15 goal mark and Dykes to weigh in with at least 10.
After we lost Wells/Hugill/Eze/Manning/Hall, over 50 goals were taken out of the team, but we still did okay the following season.
Tyler Roberts ( incoming) on 18:43 - Jul 6 with 3025 viewsPadulas_Shampoo

Tyler Roberts ( incoming) on 14:37 - Jul 6 by DannyPaddox

I asked a Leeds mate to sum up Tyler Roberts in not more than 12 words. He replied:

Frustrating, talented, frustrating and frustrating! Potential

I thanked him, consolidated the word frustration into one big frustration and said he had 8 words left. To which he added:

Welsh, Brummie, manbun, never made an impact, skilful

And there you have it.

A Welsh Brummy from Gloucester?

Has your mate had a few?
Tyler Roberts ( incoming) on 19:09 - Jul 6 with 2889 viewsaston_hoop

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Tyler Roberts ( incoming) on 19:16 - Jul 6 with 2817 viewssimmo

Tyler Roberts ( incoming) on 18:42 - Jul 6 by Myke

It's not certain that the remit is to improve on last seasons's final position - unlike last summer we haven't heard any noises coming from the club to indicate that a promotion push is part of the agenda.What is clear, is that the desire to unearth and develop young talent is very much back on the agenda, having being jettisoned somewhat last season in our bid to make the play-offs. Are the two things mutually exclusive ? They don't have to be of course, but time and patience will be needed and I think, having at best stood still last season ,after two seasons of progress, we need to keep our expectations firmly in check this season.
With regards to Roberts, IF he comes in, I confess to knowing nothing about him. I acknowledge Wales superior knowledge and admit it doesn;s sound awfully inspiring from a goal scoring perspective. But this is exactly the kind of guy we were always going to sign and I am pleasantly surprised it is happening (IF it happens) this early. We were never going to afford a prolific young striker even on loan and like wise we were never going so sign a Wells/ Long type. If we are going to sign a striker who doesn't score much, I would much prefer it was one with development potential than Long (28/198 for Southampton) or Wells 6 goals in like forever for Bristol City. Again, it's an IF, but if he comes in, it indicates that management have identified our lack of pace and are going to address it, which is a good thing. I would be happy with this, if it happens. From a purely goal-scoring perspective, I suspect we will be relying heavily on Willock and Chair to both hit around the 15 goal mark and Dykes to weigh in with at least 10.
After we lost Wells/Hugill/Eze/Manning/Hall, over 50 goals were taken out of the team, but we still did okay the following season.

Good post, particularly the first paragraph.

The loaning of players with lots of development potential is a tough one... We shouldn't be developing players for others where possible, especially if that blocks one of our own, but Roberts should certainly be better than current backups to chair and willock and also gives us another body up top if necessary.

Also the valuation of 4m shows the market we're working in, not prolific and limited track record but already well out our price range... This is the reality.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Tyler Roberts ( incoming) on 19:21 - Jul 6 with 2789 viewsBrazilNutR

if he doesn't score goals, then hopefully he is Tyler, The Creator.
Tyler Roberts ( incoming) on 19:22 - Jul 6 with 2769 viewsbosh67

I've just remembered that this is the guy I saw playing for Leeds against us some years ago. I think he was 19 or something at the time, and I remember saying at the time, that kid's got real potential. He was a nuisance, very quick and made space. Obviously he hasn't made the type of progress expected but let's see how he does under a coach who is known to progress young players.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Tyler Roberts ( incoming) on 19:30 - Jul 6 with 2700 viewsDorse

Tyler Roberts ( incoming) on 19:22 - Jul 6 by bosh67

I've just remembered that this is the guy I saw playing for Leeds against us some years ago. I think he was 19 or something at the time, and I remember saying at the time, that kid's got real potential. He was a nuisance, very quick and made space. Obviously he hasn't made the type of progress expected but let's see how he does under a coach who is known to progress young players.

Nuisance, eh? What, tried to talk to people on the Underground did he?

Welcome whatsisname.

Tyler Roberts ( incoming) on 19:30 - Jul 6 with 2692 viewsbosh67

https://www.qpr.co.uk/videos/interviews/roberts-signing-video-060722/

Comes across very well. Mature for his age.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Tyler Roberts ( incoming) on 19:38 - Jul 6 with 2630 viewskensalriser

Looks like he can levitate a ball above his finger, that's certainly an unusual skill.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Tyler Roberts ( incoming) on 19:39 - Jul 6 with 2628 viewsDorse

Tyler Roberts ( incoming) on 19:38 - Jul 6 by kensalriser

Looks like he can levitate a ball above his finger, that's certainly an unusual skill.

You should see him in the urinals.

Tyler Roberts ( incoming) on 19:47 - Jul 6 with 2552 viewsNed_Kennedys

His goal per game ratio is low but I’d assume a lot of those were sub appearances, also I think he has been played on the wing and attacking midfield as well.

Good luck to him: I’m actually quite confident he will be a success here.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024