Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Officials tonight 23:34 - Aug 16 with 8046 viewsactonman

Putting aside the performance but if the efl are just going to let this sh!thousery and cheating go unpunished by letting referees ignore it by adding 4 mins extra time at the end of games considering we have up to 10 substitutes to allow for , players having near death experiences on the pitch , water breaks etc then what’s the point ?
As for the Lino at the elleslie road side , blatant cheating and no fcuks given
Officials tonight on 23:38 - Aug 16 with 4214 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

At one point Armstrong had his shirt pulled for so long it looked like Dominic Thompson was taking a Bull Mastiff for a walk.

Someone’s going to get nicked for throwing that pint on the pitch too.
Officials tonight on 23:43 - Aug 16 with 4192 viewsStanisgod

I think weve seen from the 2 home games alone that the impossible is being done again, even worse than last season.
As Ive said on an earlier thread, the new directive of letting more go has just blown their tiny minds, now letting everything go in the first half, even blatant yellows, then losing their sh#t in the second.
4 minutes was an absolute joke, Paal was down about 2 on his own. How hard is it to tell the f#cking time, theres FOUR of you for christs sake.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Officials tonight on 23:53 - Aug 16 with 4113 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Listened to the latest Undr The Cosh episode by former ref Kevin Lynch on the way home and he says England can’t even fulfil it’s 10 FIFA class referee quota.
[Post edited 17 Aug 2022 19:40]
Officials tonight on 00:02 - Aug 17 with 4088 viewsMyke

Simple solution to the sh1thousery; don't go behind, especially at home.
Officials tonight on 01:07 - Aug 17 with 3972 viewsstowmarketrange

Officials tonight on 00:02 - Aug 17 by Myke

Simple solution to the sh1thousery; don't go behind, especially at home.

Not very practical that though Myke,is it?Stop the shitehousing at source and the game would be a lot better.I know we’ve had this argument before,but either play on round them for 30 seconds and see if they’re really injured,or make them leave the pitch for a minute if they go down injured if their team is winning.
That tonight was another fecking disgrace,and it’s time the fa gave the refs the power to deal with it properly.
Officials tonight on 06:56 - Aug 17 with 3862 viewsWirralHoop

Never thought I’d say this but think it’s time for 2x 30 minute halves with the clock stopped when the ball is out of play.
Officials tonight on 06:57 - Aug 17 with 3848 viewsNed_Kennedys

Unfortunately the officials were not to blame for yesterday’s terrible performance and result.
[Post edited 17 Aug 2022 6:58]
Officials tonight on 07:04 - Aug 17 with 3819 viewsozranger

If this referee was being assessed, he would have failed, perhaps a 4 out of 10. Not on the shithousery or lack of added time as per all the discussion above but owing to his total incorrect following of the directives given together with the current laws.

There was an incident in the first half. JoJo made a tackle that caused two of their players to go down and get treated on the field of play. After the treatment, neither player went off the field and both remained on and a free kick was taken. It is a simple situation that happens in every game and every official knows what to do. Here, it just showed the total incompetence of all four officials, not one of them abiding by the directives given re injured players being treated on the field of play.

Love to know Pinner's comment on this and if the ref chat had also picked it up.
Login to get fewer ads

Officials tonight on 10:18 - Aug 17 with 3605 viewsdaveB

The players have a part to play, this nonsence of just dropping to the floor holding your face to get the game stopped is ridiculous. Refs have to clamp down on it but it's not easy as if they ignore the player and there is something seriously wrong they'd be finished.
Officials tonight on 10:25 - Aug 17 with 3587 viewsQPR_John

Officials tonight on 10:18 - Aug 17 by daveB

The players have a part to play, this nonsence of just dropping to the floor holding your face to get the game stopped is ridiculous. Refs have to clamp down on it but it's not easy as if they ignore the player and there is something seriously wrong they'd be finished.

Simple solution. I agree if a player goes down holding his head then the ref has no option than to stop the game. Solution is said player once up on his feet goes off for 10 minutes to be properly assessed.
Officials tonight on 11:10 - Aug 17 with 3539 viewsozranger

Officials tonight on 10:25 - Aug 17 by QPR_John

Simple solution. I agree if a player goes down holding his head then the ref has no option than to stop the game. Solution is said player once up on his feet goes off for 10 minutes to be properly assessed.

Not really.

If you instil such HIA then do you mean that a team has to play with one less player than prior to when the player was told to go for the HIA? If there really was a HIA situation and concussion, is that not really unfair to that team? Yet, if you do what is common in some of the other football codes, that is to have a replacement put in, then there is the obvious situation that a fresh player could be put in to give another player a ten minute rest or what happened last season with Luton, I think, at home.

It is a minefield, as many have said. Good luck to whomever is set to work out a proper solution to it.
Officials tonight on 11:27 - Aug 17 with 3487 viewsjohncharles

We need referees of a much higher standard. Last night’s ref (don’t tell me his name, I don’t want to know) just wanted to be somewhere else. Thompson was clearly taking the piss, insulting to the paying public and to the game of football but mostly insulting to the referee but didn’t seem to care. Just wanted to go home. Was he on a promise ?

Strong and stable my arse.

Officials tonight on 11:28 - Aug 17 with 3468 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Retrospective punishment is the way forward. They do it for crowd incitement or for thing lien the Terry / Ferdinand affair.

Just broaden the brief to include simulation.

If you have a one game ban for each breach managers will soon learn you can’t afford to pull that shit.
Officials tonight on 11:36 - Aug 17 with 3444 viewsfrancisbowles

Officials tonight on 11:10 - Aug 17 by ozranger

Not really.

If you instil such HIA then do you mean that a team has to play with one less player than prior to when the player was told to go for the HIA? If there really was a HIA situation and concussion, is that not really unfair to that team? Yet, if you do what is common in some of the other football codes, that is to have a replacement put in, then there is the obvious situation that a fresh player could be put in to give another player a ten minute rest or what happened last season with Luton, I think, at home.

It is a minefield, as many have said. Good luck to whomever is set to work out a proper solution to it.

They got five subs so they can plan for such a thing. Either play for ten minutes a man short or sub the player, your choice.

If it happens after all subs have been used, then tough luck as with any other injury.
Officials tonight on 11:42 - Aug 17 with 3404 viewsderbyhoop

Very lenient on all the time wasting. Thomson could have had a second yellow for all the time his throes took.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Officials tonight on 11:47 - Aug 17 with 3396 viewsSuperhoop83

Officials tonight on 11:42 - Aug 17 by derbyhoop

Very lenient on all the time wasting. Thomson could have had a second yellow for all the time his throes took.

Are you including the time he took to jog 10 yards up the touchline before throwing the fcuking thing?

Suffering since 1978.

Officials tonight on 11:52 - Aug 17 with 3378 viewsstanistheman

Officials tonight on 11:28 - Aug 17 by BazzaInTheLoft

Retrospective punishment is the way forward. They do it for crowd incitement or for thing lien the Terry / Ferdinand affair.

Just broaden the brief to include simulation.

If you have a one game ban for each breach managers will soon learn you can’t afford to pull that shit.

Agree with this and some other comments like making players go off the pitch for 1 minute if they have had the physio on to tend to them and even introducing 30 min halves with an official time keeper who stops the clock when the ball is out of play (as they do with in other sports).
The 4 added minutes was a joke, I was expecting about 8 given the 5 or 6 subs, the injury and treatment to Paal and others - some Blackpool players who just fell to the floor and then there was the time wasting with goal kicks snd throw ins.

As for the holding/ shirt pulling of Armstrong when he was down the right had side heading for the penalty area, how was that not given as a free kick and maybe a red card ( I think the defender may have been the last man), it should at least have been a yellow card even if the advantage was being played. Field got a yellow in another game recently when the advantage was played after he fouled an opponent.

However, I also agree that the loss was more to do with the players and Beale for his tactics & lateness in making changes. Dykes was the main culprit for his 1st half misses - Laird put one on a plate for him and he kicked it at the keeper. Then there was the chance where he was one on one and onside in the area. We need to get a loan striker or buy one in this window. We can try and recoup any losses by selling a player in the January window if we are not in the promotion or play offs hunt. Both currently look unlikely.
Officials tonight on 11:54 - Aug 17 with 3361 viewsHayesender

The lino on the Ellerslie Road side was one of the most inept I've ever seen.

He was so bad it was bordering on blatant cheating

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Officials tonight on 11:58 - Aug 17 with 3349 viewsQPR_John

Officials tonight on 11:10 - Aug 17 by ozranger

Not really.

“ If there really was a HIA situation and concussion, is that not really unfair to that team? ”

Of course but something needs to be done. Do this for a season and see how many head injuries there are. If a player has a very serious injury then he would not come back anyway. That would be clear and the 10 minute rule would not apply and an immediate substitution can be made,
Officials tonight on 12:00 - Aug 17 with 3339 viewsParkRoyalR

Officials tonight on 11:52 - Aug 17 by stanistheman

Agree with this and some other comments like making players go off the pitch for 1 minute if they have had the physio on to tend to them and even introducing 30 min halves with an official time keeper who stops the clock when the ball is out of play (as they do with in other sports).
The 4 added minutes was a joke, I was expecting about 8 given the 5 or 6 subs, the injury and treatment to Paal and others - some Blackpool players who just fell to the floor and then there was the time wasting with goal kicks snd throw ins.

As for the holding/ shirt pulling of Armstrong when he was down the right had side heading for the penalty area, how was that not given as a free kick and maybe a red card ( I think the defender may have been the last man), it should at least have been a yellow card even if the advantage was being played. Field got a yellow in another game recently when the advantage was played after he fouled an opponent.

However, I also agree that the loss was more to do with the players and Beale for his tactics & lateness in making changes. Dykes was the main culprit for his 1st half misses - Laird put one on a plate for him and he kicked it at the keeper. Then there was the chance where he was one on one and onside in the area. We need to get a loan striker or buy one in this window. We can try and recoup any losses by selling a player in the January window if we are not in the promotion or play offs hunt. Both currently look unlikely.

To defend Dykes, which is hard after last nights sitter, his touch to set Laird up for that cross was superb, his press led to that sitter and and that early shooting chance was closed down quickly as 1st touch was just off, likewise he pulled out to 6 yard line for Lairds late cross which is where you'd want him to be, and a great headed flick-on for Sinclair's late run on goal,

I get I'm in the ever increasing minority, but with with a fully fit Amos running onto flick-ons, likewise Sinclair as a late sub, and with Willock, Chair and Roberts in a 3, I am confident we will score plenty of goals this year.
Officials tonight on 12:23 - Aug 17 with 3302 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

The trouble is players like Thompson last night revel in it. He loved every minute. So whatever measures you use, players like that will find ways around it and abuse it.

I think stopping the clock for head injuries alone would be a good start. Other areas like time taken for freekicks/goalkicks/throwins - a set time could be agreed. Is there really any need for more than 30 seconds for any of those? If there is then you stop the clock after 30 seconds has elapsed.

I’m not sure whether playing around injured players is feasible or indeed fair. Thompson (the little sh!t) for example ‘needed’ treatment on the goal line last night, so it wouldn’t have worked that time.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Officials tonight on 12:26 - Aug 17 with 3271 viewstoboboly

Officials tonight on 12:23 - Aug 17 by CliveWilsonSaid

The trouble is players like Thompson last night revel in it. He loved every minute. So whatever measures you use, players like that will find ways around it and abuse it.

I think stopping the clock for head injuries alone would be a good start. Other areas like time taken for freekicks/goalkicks/throwins - a set time could be agreed. Is there really any need for more than 30 seconds for any of those? If there is then you stop the clock after 30 seconds has elapsed.

I’m not sure whether playing around injured players is feasible or indeed fair. Thompson (the little sh!t) for example ‘needed’ treatment on the goal line last night, so it wouldn’t have worked that time.

He didn't need treatment. He took it because it was offered. The number of 'Pool players whom went down and because play wasn't stopped they got straight back up shows that having the physios on during play would not be a problem. As soon as the ball then goes out you stop the watch and check to see if the player does indeed have a serious issue, if not then start the watch and carry on.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Officials tonight on 12:28 - Aug 17 with 3274 viewsstowmarketrange

Officials tonight on 12:23 - Aug 17 by CliveWilsonSaid

And the players would soon realise that they’d suddenly all be injured in the vital parts of the pitch,but if it’s not a head injury play should continue for 30 secs to see if it’s a real injury or a fake.
Officials tonight on 12:34 - Aug 17 with 3236 viewsRs_Holy

Officials tonight on 06:56 - Aug 17 by WirralHoop

Never thought I’d say this but think it’s time for 2x 30 minute halves with the clock stopped when the ball is out of play.

Rugby Union and League, American football, Hockey, Ice Hockey, basketball, netball... Yep they all take this approach and it works and works really well too! Time football cottoned on!
Officials tonight on 12:57 - Aug 17 with 3165 viewstoboboly

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024