Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
QPR v Livingston Mid-Season Friendly 10:10 - Nov 4 with 3439 viewsLazyFan

Saurce:
https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/livingston-boss-outlines-world-c

"The Lions will travel to London and face the English Championship side on November 29"

Good job the players are getting that Winter Break we have always been hearing about. This whole Qatar WC is crackers, isn't it?

zzzzzzzzzz

QPR v Livingston Mid-Season Friendly on 10:14 - Nov 4 with 3409 viewsNorthernr

That counts as 'warm weather training' for Livingston.
QPR v Livingston Mid-Season Friendly on 10:22 - Nov 4 with 3356 viewsnix

In fairness Beale said they'd get seven to ten days off with their families and then go back into training if they're not at the WC. I guess he can't let them totally lose their match fitness and then go straight into the Christmas period.
QPR v Livingston Mid-Season Friendly on 10:26 - Nov 4 with 3332 viewsterryb

It seems very sensible to play a couple of friendlies during the break.

Far better to rehearse than to go into the Burnley game lacking sharpness. As we did at Blackburn!
QPR v Livingston Mid-Season Friendly on 10:39 - Nov 4 with 3289 viewsHayesender

Shame it's behind closed doors. I'd rather watch that than this farce of a world cup.

Did anyone else watch the programme on ITV last night on Qatar? Shameful that this is going ahead

Poll: Shamima Beghum

QPR v Livingston Mid-Season Friendly on 10:41 - Nov 4 with 3288 viewsNorthernr

QPR v Livingston Mid-Season Friendly on 10:39 - Nov 4 by Hayesender

Shame it's behind closed doors. I'd rather watch that than this farce of a world cup.

Did anyone else watch the programme on ITV last night on Qatar? Shameful that this is going ahead

There's a Netflix doc about to drop on it as well which is supposedly fcking horrendous.
QPR v Livingston Mid-Season Friendly on 10:43 - Nov 4 with 3261 viewsRangersDave

QPR v Livingston Mid-Season Friendly on 10:14 - Nov 4 by Northernr

That counts as 'warm weather training' for Livingston.

wish it was held at Livingston, i could have got a ground thats new to me!

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

QPR v Livingston Mid-Season Friendly on 10:46 - Nov 4 with 3245 viewsBoston

Aw man, a history buffs dream, get Bowles to greet them as they run on the pitch..

Livingston, I presume...Stanley.

Yeah, quiet day.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

QPR v Livingston Mid-Season Friendly on 11:53 - Nov 4 with 3129 viewsDannyPaddox

Elsewhere I’ve heard Millwall have lined one up against Brondby.
Login to get fewer ads

QPR v Livingston Mid-Season Friendly on 12:08 - Nov 4 with 3086 viewsCLAREMAN1995

QPR v Livingston Mid-Season Friendly on 10:41 - Nov 4 by Northernr

There's a Netflix doc about to drop on it as well which is supposedly fcking horrendous.

Top FIFA officials asking / demanding / begging countries to focus on football instead of the horrible safety records and human rights abuse issues what a bunch of kunts.
It was a cash grab from the second bidding started now its too late obviously
QPR v Livingston Mid-Season Friendly on 12:33 - Nov 4 with 3019 viewsHayesender

I saw the other day they're drafting in police from Pakistan for crowd control in the staduims, and Turkish police as a sort of private security force.

What could possibly go wrong 🤔

Poll: Shamima Beghum

QPR v Livingston Mid-Season Friendly on 14:09 - Nov 4 with 2878 viewsBoston

QPR v Livingston Mid-Season Friendly on 12:33 - Nov 4 by Hayesender

I saw the other day they're drafting in police from Pakistan for crowd control in the staduims, and Turkish police as a sort of private security force.

Curried kebabs?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

QPR v Livingston Mid-Season Friendly on 14:16 - Nov 4 with 2859 viewsWelsh_Ranger

Also, British police aimed at being intermediaries offering advice on customs to the Brits going.
QPR v Livingston Mid-Season Friendly on 17:18 - Nov 4 with 2676 viewsqpr_1968

that'll be very hot around the old khyber pass.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

QPR v Livingston Mid-Season Friendly on 17:30 - Nov 4 with 2642 viewsloftus77

Assume Lyndon Dykes will want to play?
QPR v Livingston Mid-Season Friendly on 17:44 - Nov 4 with 2606 viewsGloryHunter

Does anyone else remember QPR playing Arbroath in a mid-season friendly? In 1968 or '69 I think. I can't remember why - maybe we were not playing in the FA Cup and had a spare weekend? But it was played before a good crowd on a Saturday afternoon. I've always looked out for Arbroath's results ever since.
QPR v Livingston Mid-Season Friendly on 17:56 - Nov 4 with 2582 viewsBucksRanger

Yes, I have some vague memories of being at that game. I found the following report on the game that might interest you.

https://www.indyrs.co.uk/2019/05/friendly-scottish-opposition-no-5-qpr-v-arbroat
QPR v Livingston Mid-Season Friendly on 18:58 - Nov 4 with 2493 viewsloftus77

QPR v Livingston Mid-Season Friendly on 17:44 - Nov 4 by GloryHunter

Does anyone else remember QPR playing Arbroath in a mid-season friendly? In 1968 or '69 I think. I can't remember why - maybe we were not playing in the FA Cup and had a spare weekend? But it was played before a good crowd on a Saturday afternoon. I've always looked out for Arbroath's results ever since.

Especially when they play Bon Accord....

Lucky old Arbroath.....
QPR v Livingston Mid-Season Friendly on 19:41 - Nov 4 with 2419 viewsThe_Beast1976

QPR v Livingston Mid-Season Friendly on 12:08 - Nov 4 by CLAREMAN1995

Top FIFA officials asking / demanding / begging countries to focus on football instead of the horrible safety records and human rights abuse issues what a bunch of kunts.
It was a cash grab from the second bidding started now its too late obviously

I hope the whole country gets torn to bits by hooligans. That would be highly amusing indeed
QPR v Livingston Mid-Season Friendly on 19:50 - Nov 4 with 2402 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Who was that CB we brought from them that disappeared like a fart in a hurricane?
QPR v Livingston Mid-Season Friendly on 19:54 - Nov 4 with 2386 viewsaston_hoop

QPR v Livingston Mid-Season Friendly on 19:50 - Nov 4 by BazzaInTheLoft

Who was that CB we brought from them that disappeared like a fart in a hurricane?

Coll Donaldson. Looks like he's had an average Scottish league career

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coll_Donaldson

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

QPR v Livingston Mid-Season Friendly on 22:58 - Nov 4 with 2233 viewsGloryHunter

QPR v Livingston Mid-Season Friendly on 17:56 - Nov 4 by BucksRanger

Yes, I have some vague memories of being at that game. I found the following report on the game that might interest you.

https://www.indyrs.co.uk/2019/05/friendly-scottish-opposition-no-5-qpr-v-arbroat

Thanks mate. Good to know that I hadn't imagined it.
QPR v Livingston Mid-Season Friendly on 06:03 - Nov 5 with 2100 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Exactly!

I mentioned this was planned in a previous thread a while back. The issue always seemed to me: how well drilled would these guys be both in terms of previous experience and knowing the local layout.

Quite possible they might be ideal and I certainly hope so. But Qatar has no real experience of handling events with loud, partizan alcohol fuelled fans who themselves are well versed in being violent and not just while at matches.

Most events are in sports where fans are well behaved or featuring teams where the fans that attend were mainly "locals" working there who don't want to risk losing jobs by being deported. To what extent World Club games saw unruly elements attend I couldn't say, as I was away on holiday.

This is a city WC. Which is an advantage in saving fans time/money getting between games. But it also means there won't be much segregation in Doha as fans will be in close proximity to each other. Not sure how many fans will go or how many unruly elements will attend, but the fact cost might deter many, might save Doha from witnessing the type of shenanigans we've previously seen.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

QPR v Livingston Mid-Season Friendly on 06:40 - Nov 5 with 2070 viewsTGRRRSSS

I wonder how many are even going to Travel plenty of expats in Dubai etc though who may go to the odd game, but I reckon it won't be like any other world cup in terms of travel for multitude reasons including sheer cost plus cost of living issues here and elsewhere... and also the fact your mostly going to end up camping as I think all hotels have long been snapped up - FIFA family and their sponsors innit...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024