Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Driving Tests 10:15 - Nov 28 with 1945 viewstoboboly

Your best/worst stories and fcuk ups

I went too fast and then hit a width restrictor. It wasn't a surprise when he gave me the bad news.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Driving Tests on 10:16 - Nov 28 with 1938 viewstoboboly

The wife failed her first one by reversing into the barrier in the test centre's car park.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Driving Tests on 10:23 - Nov 28 with 1910 viewsloftboy

My driving test back in 1984 had been rescheduled due to an examiner being Ill, all 4 people in the test centre were in the same boat, all of us was out on the road for less than 20 minutes and all passed!

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Driving Tests on 10:42 - Nov 28 with 1869 viewsted_hendrix

Passed mine first time whilst In the Army In West Germany 1968.

Five day course, start Monday morning theory, German road signs, wee bit of driving round the barracks (about ten of us on the course).
Exams on the Friday after you've driven and had cross country training in different types of Landrovers.
One hour written exam and about 30 minutes driving around the streets of Celle followed by about an hour cross country on the tank training grounds.
The gear boxes In the Landrovers back then were known as double declutching or crash gear boxes, If you 'crunched' the gears whilst being examined It was an automatic failure.

I duly passed which entitled me to a British licence.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Driving Tests on 10:57 - Nov 28 with 1841 viewsJuzzie

I passed my motorbike & car tests first time.

Bit boring really.
Driving Tests on 11:27 - Nov 28 with 1799 viewsHantsR

Driving Tests on 10:57 - Nov 28 by Juzzie

I passed my motorbike & car tests first time.

Bit boring really.

Me too - and never had any driving lessons either.

I also had to take a driving test in Jamaica in my Land Rover. I drove to the top of a ramp in the test centre, looked around and examiner had already gone inside. He gave me a HGV licence!
Driving Tests on 11:31 - Nov 28 with 1788 viewskingsburyR

Mine was at 3pm on the 23rd December 1991 in Burnt Oak.

It was the last test of the year for the examiner.

I stalled at traffic lights, only got asked 3 questions of which I got 1 wrong and only drove round the block.

I passed and he couldn't get out of the car quick enough to start the festive period.

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Driving Tests on 11:41 - Nov 28 with 1768 viewsNorthernr

Grandad infamously failed his nine times. Used to kill us every Christmas with stories about it.

One major was "abuse of a pedestrian". His mate Bricky had come out of The Britannia in Scunny while Tom was trying to negotiate the junction and started waving him out telling him it was clear, so he leant over the instructor, wound the window down and told him to "fck off".

Another major on another test, he turned the engine of the car off completely while driving along the Kingsway and free-wheeled 3/4 of a mile downhill into the Berkeley Circle roundabout. The bloke who'd taught him told him to do this to save petrol.
Driving Tests on 11:48 - Nov 28 with 1752 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I never made it to the test.

I was driving down the Great West Road doing about 50/60 in a Nissan sunny in '94 and my foot itches and it's such a smooth ride I forgot I was driving the car so bent down to have a good scratch. I was mid-scratch when The instructor grabbed the wheel and said 'What are you doing?' 'I forgot I was driving' was my reply.

I gave up after that a) it hurts my back and b) I'd kill someone.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Login to get fewer ads

Driving Tests on 12:08 - Nov 28 with 1728 viewsMaggsinho

Driving Tests on 11:41 - Nov 28 by Northernr

Grandad infamously failed his nine times. Used to kill us every Christmas with stories about it.

One major was "abuse of a pedestrian". His mate Bricky had come out of The Britannia in Scunny while Tom was trying to negotiate the junction and started waving him out telling him it was clear, so he leant over the instructor, wound the window down and told him to "fck off".

Another major on another test, he turned the engine of the car off completely while driving along the Kingsway and free-wheeled 3/4 of a mile downhill into the Berkeley Circle roundabout. The bloke who'd taught him told him to do this to save petrol.

My dad used to do this, I can recall freewheeling down the Yorkshire Dales on holiday. Must have been a thing in the 70s
Driving Tests on 12:41 - Nov 28 with 1668 viewsBoston

Failed my first UK test for speeding. Second time was rush hour in the Greenford / Sudbury area. Spoke to the instructor beforehand about the difficulties I / we, were likely to encounter if I stuck to the rule book, Scottish gent, he nodded and said let's see what happens. Broke every rule in the book but told him when and why before doing so, passed.

But, my fav was in Boston '94ish. In Massachusetts you not only have either an official from the 'Registry', or a State Trooper as your tester, you also have a licensed driver in the back of the vehicle (they the person who accompanied you to the test centre). I offered my time to a confused west of Ireland lady who, during the test had the police officer wind down the window on his side and put his arm out to indicate she was turning.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Driving Tests on 13:10 - Nov 28 with 1627 viewshubble

Passed my motorbike test in 1978 - I couldn't believe how easy it was. The instructor told me to ride round the block and when I came back he'd lower his arm to indicate that I had to perform an emergency stop. While I was out of his sight I thought it would be funny to take my hands off the bars, went into a tank slapper, almost ploughed into the oncoming traffic and just about kept it together, appearing back on the road like nothing had happened of course.

For my car test, I employed the new age technique of chanting to get what you want. I visualised everything being simple and passing with ease. I did a practice test with my instructor first and then the examiner took me around exactly the same route, exactly the same place for the 3-point turn, same place for parking, same place for emergency stop.... it went so well that I thought the examiner was going to give me some kind of special award for best ever driving test. Cant didn't even crack a smile. Passed me though.

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Driving Tests on 13:54 - Nov 28 with 1577 viewsTomS

I was determined not to break any rules of the road during my test. We were about halfway through and we arrived behind a bus at a bus stop, with a continuous white line in the middle of the road. There was no other traffic, yet my instinct told me to that if I crossed that continuous line, he'd fail me.

I thought the best thing to do would be to pull up behind the bus and wait for it to drop off its passengers and move on. So I did...... I waited, but the bus didn't pull out.

Sometime later the examiner turned to me and said, "Tom, this is a terminus".
Driving Tests on 14:06 - Nov 28 with 1551 viewsstowmarketrange

I was a bit nervous before my test in 1982 so I had a large vodka and orange juice to calm the nerves.Passed first time.Got home and got into my car on my own for the first time and couldn’t move due to nerves.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024