Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fleetwood FA Cup Coach Sold Out 14:50 - Dec 15 with 2159 viewstoboboly

FFS - how can it be sold out - charter more?!?!?!?!?!?!

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Fleetwood FA Cup Coach Sold Out on 14:54 - Dec 15 with 2144 viewsBoston

The Official?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Fleetwood FA Cup Coach Sold Out on 14:56 - Dec 15 with 2134 viewstoboboly

Fleetwood FA Cup Coach Sold Out on 14:54 - Dec 15 by Boston

The Official?

Yep. Due to train strikes and barely no bugger driving it was going to be my fall back.

Fleetwood FA Cup Coach Sold Out on 15:03 - Dec 15 with 2102 viewsstowmarketrange

It shouldn’t be that difficult these days to hire more than 1 coach surely?
Fleetwood FA Cup Coach Sold Out on 16:05 - Dec 15 with 1978 viewstoboboly

Fleetwood FA Cup Coach Sold Out on 15:03 - Dec 15 by stowmarketrange

Development - I emailed the box office and pointed out the very same. They kindly got back rather quickly and explained that they are holding some back for general sale. Now I fully get that but you surely keep the option open throughout the purchase window and either book more coaches or alternatively stop selling if it is slow and the coach is almost filled.

Anyway they have kindly reserved a seat and after waiting over 21 minutes on the phone have sold me a match ticket and a coach ticket. If anyone needs a coach ticket that has loyalty points then email them rather than wait for general sale.

I think I would do the whole process very differently as people may be put off given it just says "sold out" on the webpage.

Fleetwood FA Cup Coach Sold Out on 16:36 - Dec 15 with 1922 viewsstowmarketrange

Fleetwood FA Cup Coach Sold Out on 16:05 - Dec 15 by toboboly

Development - I emailed the box office and pointed out the very same. They kindly got back rather quickly and explained that they are holding some back for general sale. Now I fully get that but you surely keep the option open throughout the purchase window and either book more coaches or alternatively stop selling if it is slow and the coach is almost filled.

Anyway they have kindly reserved a seat and after waiting over 21 minutes on the phone have sold me a match ticket and a coach ticket. If anyone needs a coach ticket that has loyalty points then email them rather than wait for general sale.

I think I would do the whole process very differently as people may be put off given it just says "sold out" on the webpage.

With 1100 tickets on sale and a rail strike,there could be 10 or 15 coaches laid on and it still might not be enough.But to stop at only 1 or 2 coaches seems very short sighted to me.
Not that it would do me much good as I couldn’t get to London to get the coach anyway.
Fleetwood FA Cup Coach Sold Out on 17:13 - Dec 15 with 1861 viewstoboboly

Fleetwood FA Cup Coach Sold Out on 16:36 - Dec 15 by stowmarketrange

With 1100 tickets on sale and a rail strike,there could be 10 or 15 coaches laid on and it still might not be enough.But to stop at only 1 or 2 coaches seems very short sighted to me.
Not that it would do me much good as I couldn’t get to London to get the coach anyway.

It's a 7am start, god knows how long the coach will take but I am thinking of bringing a sleeping bag

Fleetwood FA Cup Coach Sold Out on 19:40 - Dec 15 with 1753 viewspaulhoop2

From Speaking to box office staff it’s down to cost ! Usually only 1 coach goes and apparently that costs a lot of money .

Poll: Now it’s slightly clearer cut who do you want as manager ?

Fleetwood FA Cup Coach Sold Out on 20:21 - Dec 15 with 1695 viewsstowmarketrange

Fleetwood FA Cup Coach Sold Out on 19:40 - Dec 15 by paulhoop2

From Speaking to box office staff it’s down to cost ! Usually only 1 coach goes and apparently that costs a lot of money .

How do other clubs manage to take more coaches than we seem to be able to afford then?If they lose money on them why did we take so many to coventry?
I don’t think the independent fans coaches lose money do they.I guess we might have a higher percentage of younger fans who pay less than the adults do,but so do other clubs who run coaches too.
Login to get fewer ads

Fleetwood FA Cup Coach Sold Out on 20:48 - Dec 15 with 1658 viewspaulhoop2

Well don’t shoot the messenger ! That’s what I was told. It may have something to do with us being a London club and the coaches coming from I believe Kent ? I’ve very rarely seen more then 1 coach myself and I have regularly attended away matches over the years

Fleetwood FA Cup Coach Sold Out on 20:56 - Dec 15 with 1644 viewsstowmarketrange

Fleetwood FA Cup Coach Sold Out on 20:48 - Dec 15 by paulhoop2

Well don’t shoot the messenger ! That’s what I was told. It may have something to do with us being a London club and the coaches coming from I believe Kent ? I’ve very rarely seen more then 1 coach myself and I have regularly attended away matches over the years

I wasn’t having a go at you mate,but I can’t believe that our club can still afford to waste money right,left and centre but can’t lose a few quid to provide coaches for the real lifeblood of the club at the time of a rail strike.
As I said,it won’t matter to me unless they make a detour via Suffolk,but there will be fans living in London that won’t be able to get to Fleetwood any other way than by coach.
Fleetwood FA Cup Coach Sold Out on 21:24 - Dec 15 with 1604 viewsozranger

Fleetwood FA Cup Coach Sold Out on 20:56 - Dec 15 by stowmarketrange

I wasn’t having a go at you mate,but I can’t believe that our club can still afford to waste money right,left and centre but can’t lose a few quid to provide coaches for the real lifeblood of the club at the time of a rail strike.
As I said,it won’t matter to me unless they make a detour via Suffolk,but there will be fans living in London that won’t be able to get to Fleetwood any other way than by coach.

Perhaps I am being misled by Google, but a return trip from Loftus Rd to Highbury Stadium is approximately 500 miles. The rates for buses these days is up to around £4/mile which should equate to £2,000 per coach for the trip. There may be a little more for tolls, etc.

Now, the charge for the coach trip is about £30 per person and coaches can hold 49 passengers or a bit under £1,500 per coach is coming in as income. So, the club would be suffering about a £500 loss per coach it takes to Fleetwood.

The problem, as you have put it, is where is the pay-off for the club to have more fans there who cannot get there owing to the train strike versus the £500 loss per coach? One wonders if Amit or any of the owners could not put their hand in their pocket to cover that small loss to get a few more coaches going?

Mind you, they could be waiting to see how ticket sales are going before actually choosing to add more coaches.
Fleetwood FA Cup Coach Sold Out on 21:30 - Dec 15 with 1584 viewspaulhoop2

That’s ok stowmarket agree with all other posters under this our club has been guilty of spunking money up the wall maybe it’s a legitimate question for hoos to answer at a fans forum ? But that was the answer i got back from them. Always thought a club our size with the support base we take away should be bringing a minimum of 2 off coaches i don’t count Lsa ones they just aren’t for me what with the debauchery that goes on lol

Fleetwood FA Cup Coach Sold Out on 21:36 - Dec 15 with 1573 viewsstowmarketrange

Fleetwood FA Cup Coach Sold Out on 21:24 - Dec 15 by ozranger

Perhaps I am being misled by Google, but a return trip from Loftus Rd to Highbury Stadium is approximately 500 miles. The rates for buses these days is up to around £4/mile which should equate to £2,000 per coach for the trip. There may be a little more for tolls, etc.

Now, the charge for the coach trip is about £30 per person and coaches can hold 49 passengers or a bit under £1,500 per coach is coming in as income. So, the club would be suffering about a £500 loss per coach it takes to Fleetwood.

The problem, as you have put it, is where is the pay-off for the club to have more fans there who cannot get there owing to the train strike versus the £500 loss per coach? One wonders if Amit or any of the owners could not put their hand in their pocket to cover that small loss to get a few more coaches going?

Mind you, they could be waiting to see how ticket sales are going before actually choosing to add more coaches.

The minimum cost is around £30,but adults pay £46,which equates to a lot more than the £1500.You can get 54 seater coaches these days,so I guess it would be a lot nearer the break even price if it was full.And could they not do a deal with a coach company to hire a 26 or 30 seater assuming that they couldn’t sell out a 2nd or 3rd full coach?
Fleetwood FA Cup Coach Sold Out on 22:42 - Dec 15 with 1510 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Fleetwood FA Cup Coach Sold Out on 15:03 - Dec 15 by stowmarketrange

Coach of living crisis innit.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024