Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Intensity 21:24 - Dec 29 with 4498 viewsoldmeadoniansR

Completely lacking from start to finish. Luton were quicker, more decisive and made better decisions throughout. I watched their subs warming up at half time and they played high intensity possession games throughout. I looked over to our half and nothing. A few keepy ups and the odd flick. No wonder Wilock looked undercooked when he came on. Something does seem amiss. Also, very disappointed to see Tim shackled to a deep lying defensive role. He is a game breaker and we need him higher up the pitch. He looked totally disinterested today. No excuse for that but when you lack attacking options it is a waste playing him there. I was very willing to lambast Tyler Roberts today as I have not liked his body language anytime I have seen him play but he played well today. Never thought I would say that
Intensity on 22:16 - Dec 29 with 3531 viewsdixiedean

Tim looks like he wants to be somewhere else ( he’s not alone to be fair) His sum total tonight and v Cardiff was one mazy run in each game . Otherwise zilch .
Intensity on 22:41 - Dec 29 with 3413 viewsbaz_qpr

Luton were really well drilled and we were not. First time Field and Tim have played as a two and it looked to me like Tim was being very disciplined.

I thought Roberts especially first half was a big part of the problem played in no mans land neither got up alongside dykes or came out wide enough to support or create overloads with Shodipo and Chair
Intensity on 22:43 - Dec 29 with 3406 viewsnix

What the hell.

I often think the fanbase are entitled when they demand another striker or beating everyone in sight. But FFS we deserve better than this.

Any decent club player can put in a shift. Can run towards the ball rather than wait for it to come to them. Can try and win duels. Can anticipate a Dykes flick and take a gamble on him winning sometimes, so we can actually launch an attack. Can take a shot first time rather than faffing around passing and dribbling across the outside of the box rather than into it.

We looked disinterested and frankly lazy.

I don't know what the manager can do to change whatever is going on in the dressing room but I can't see things changing any time soon without maybe some of those players who don't want to be here actually leaving.

Who would have recognised Laird and Paal as the same players that started so brightly early in the season. Willock and Chair are nowhere near their best.

I do blame Beale a lot for where we are now. He not only insisted Willock, Chair and Dieng stayed, he also enticed players like JCS, Paal, Iroegbunan and Laird to join us as part of his long term project. I'm not surprised they're disgruntled. We all know they should be more professional than to not put the effort in. But in practice that often happens when players feel they've been mucked about.

I just don't think Critchley can turn things around with this squad. They just don't look like they are committed to it.
[Post edited 29 Dec 2022 22:51]
Intensity on 22:45 - Dec 29 with 3396 viewsHunterhoop

Tyler Roberts did not play well today. I despair of anyone who thinks he did.

He had one good run and one good cross in the second half. He was a disgrace in the first half. He does not give a flying fcuk about this club and he does not know how to play a 10 role. Bloke is a waster.

Honestly, I’d wager the distance covered stats would have him at half some of his teammates.
Intensity on 22:45 - Dec 29 with 3394 viewsnix

Intensity on 22:45 - Dec 29 by Hunterhoop

He had one good run and one good cross in the second half. He was a disgrace in the first half. He does not give a flying fcuk about this club and he does not know how to play a 10 role. Bloke is a waster.

Honestly, I’d wager the distance covered stats would have him at half some of his teammates.

Yes him too!
Intensity on 22:50 - Dec 29 with 3369 viewsdistortR

Intensity on 22:43 - Dec 29 by nix

What the hell.

I often think the fanbase are entitled when they demand another striker or beating everyone in sight. But FFS we deserve better than this.

Any decent club player can put in a shift. Can run towards the ball rather than wait for it to come to them. Can try and win duels. Can anticipate a Dykes flick and take a gamble on him winning sometimes, so we can actually launch an attack. Can take a shot first time rather than faffing around passing and dribbling across the outside of the box rather than into it.

I don't know what the manager can do to change whatever is going on in the dressing room but I can't see things changing any time soon without maybe some of those players who don't want to be here actually leaving.

Who would have recognised Laird and Paal as the same players that started so brightly early in the season. Willock and Chair are nowhere near their best.

I do blame Beale a lot for where we are now. He not only insisted Willock, Chair and Dieng stayed, he also enticed players like JCS, Paal, Iroegbunan and Laird to join us as part of his long term project. I'm not surprised they're disgruntled. We all know they should be more professional than to not put the effort in. But in practice that often happens when players feel they've been mucked about.

I just don't think Critchley can turn things around with this squad. They just don't look like they are committed to it.

This. Very worrying.
Intensity on 23:12 - Dec 29 with 3263 viewsDamo1962

What the hell.

Sadly spot on. Wish I could say more...but you have covered everything beautifully.
Intensity on 23:23 - Dec 29 with 3234 viewsngbqpr

What the hell.

Oh dear. Missed tonight (both live & TV) - came on here looking for a crumb of comfort from a glass half full poster or two...only to find the poster who I find myself in total agreement with 99% of the time saying this :(

I don't think the Beale factor can be underestimated - we as fans see elite athletes on good wages and expect effort as a bare minimum - and rightly so. But as I've posted before, for these players it's a place of work first & foremost, and they're a bunch of mostly young blokes who've been royally shafted by their boss in a way I can think of very few similar cases in sport.

Good luck Mr. Critchley...

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Login to get fewer ads

Intensity on 23:35 - Dec 29 with 3206 viewsnix

Intensity on 23:23 - Dec 29 by ngbqpr

Oh dear. Missed tonight (both live & TV) - came on here looking for a crumb of comfort from a glass half full poster or two...only to find the poster who I find myself in total agreement with 99% of the time saying this :(

I don't think the Beale factor can be underestimated - we as fans see elite athletes on good wages and expect effort as a bare minimum - and rightly so. But as I've posted before, for these players it's a place of work first & foremost, and they're a bunch of mostly young blokes who've been royally shafted by their boss in a way I can think of very few similar cases in sport.

Good luck Mr. Critchley...

I'm sorry I couldn't be more positive ngb.

I can forgive players not being good enough: I'm not expecting Messi playing for us any time soon. What I can't forgive, and never have, is players not putting the effort in.
Intensity on 00:29 - Dec 30 with 3079 viewsDamo1962

Intensity on 23:35 - Dec 29 by nix

I'm sorry I couldn't be more positive ngb.

I can forgive players not being good enough: I'm not expecting Messi playing for us any time soon. What I can't forgive, and never have, is players not putting the effort in.

I think we are an honest,to!erant bunch of supporters for the most of the time. We don't expect to win more than we lose,or be in contention for success - but what we should be entitled to is players being able to do the basics of football. Is that really too much to ask for? Bad results are soon forgotten( by me anyway) - but performances aren't. We need some leaders on the pitch to help Critchley, as we have too many players who go missing too often when it is tough. I look at some of our players, and think they would rather be doing something else, and that the football gets in the way. Too harsh?
Intensity on 07:09 - Dec 30 with 2901 viewsoldmeadoniansR

Intensity on 22:45 - Dec 29 by Hunterhoop

Please don't despair of me. A waste of despair when there are plenty more things going on in the world to despair about. I. am saying what I saw. Very subjective. In a poor team performance .I thought he was trying to be progressive and link up play. Obviously a game of opinions and I do not despair of yours.
Intensity on 09:14 - Dec 30 with 2743 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

The lack of intensity has been obvious ever since Beale and Wolves broke. We beat Cardiff to go top, and since then, nothing bar the Preston game.
Something is seriously amiss in the squad, probably players looking to get out asap.
The loans need to go back, except Laird who did try last night.
Roberts was OK, but in the wrong areas of the pitch. If you're playing a ten role you're meant to be the support player for the man in possession, or close to the 9. How many times was Dykes up against their centre backs and Robert's was 20 yards away! No option for Chair or Shodipo to play off him either as again not close enough. Maybe if he ran rather than jogged he might get there.

We are in trouble.
Intensity on 09:26 - Dec 30 with 2695 viewsoldmeadoniansR

Intensity on 09:14 - Dec 30 by Wilkinswatercarrier

The lack of intensity has been obvious ever since Beale and Wolves broke. We beat Cardiff to go top, and since then, nothing bar the Preston game.
Something is seriously amiss in the squad, probably players looking to get out asap.
The loans need to go back, except Laird who did try last night.
Roberts was OK, but in the wrong areas of the pitch. If you're playing a ten role you're meant to be the support player for the man in possession, or close to the 9. How many times was Dykes up against their centre backs and Robert's was 20 yards away! No option for Chair or Shodipo to play off him either as again not close enough. Maybe if he ran rather than jogged he might get there.

We are in trouble.

You are right. There was very little link up between Dykes and Robers bar one quality cross he delivered. The long ball to Dykes was only ever any use if it was to his chest so he could hold it up. The Luton defenders could effectively let him win the aerial battle as there was nobody within 30 yards of him.
Intensity on 13:26 - Dec 30 with 2554 viewsNorthernr

This thread is very much how I saw it too.

I'm fairly stunned at the 'I didn't think we were that bad' stuff I'm reading elsewhere on here and having tweeted at me.

We were abysmal.
Intensity on 13:32 - Dec 30 with 2523 viewscyprusmel

Intensity on 13:26 - Dec 30 by Northernr

I'm fairly stunned at the 'I didn't think we were that bad' stuff I'm reading elsewhere on here and having tweeted at me.

We were abysmal.

Abysmal Clive, abysmal, rose tinted glasses my friend, we were not as good as that !
Intensity on 13:38 - Dec 30 with 2494 viewsdaveB

We were abysmal.

I thought we were poor but not hugely different to the Huddersfield and West Brom games. Had lots of the ball, lots of huff and puff but never really looked like we believed we would score a goal and when chances did come Dykes looked so shocked he fluffed it.

Fine margins in games though, we didn't give up and had chances at 1-0 and 2-0 which if taken change the game, if my Auntie and balls etc but thats the difference for us at the moment. People were raving about Preston but again I didn't think last night was much different apart from Preston not taking their chances and Luton taking theirs. I thought it was better than Burnley but still pretty rubbish.

One big problem was the tactics, playing 2 wide players left those 2 in midfield with a hell of a lot to do, they were outnumbered all night and as the wide players kept putting balls in the box to one striker against 3 centre halves the midfield 2 were not able to get in the box and Roberts was usually out wide with the wingers.
Intensity on 13:47 - Dec 30 with 2462 viewsNorthernr

Intensity on 13:38 - Dec 30 by daveB

I thought we were poor but not hugely different to the Huddersfield and West Brom games. Had lots of the ball, lots of huff and puff but never really looked like we believed we would score a goal and when chances did come Dykes looked so shocked he fluffed it.

Fine margins in games though, we didn't give up and had chances at 1-0 and 2-0 which if taken change the game, if my Auntie and balls etc but thats the difference for us at the moment. People were raving about Preston but again I didn't think last night was much different apart from Preston not taking their chances and Luton taking theirs. I thought it was better than Burnley but still pretty rubbish.

One big problem was the tactics, playing 2 wide players left those 2 in midfield with a hell of a lot to do, they were outnumbered all night and as the wide players kept putting balls in the box to one striker against 3 centre halves the midfield 2 were not able to get in the box and Roberts was usually out wide with the wingers.

I don't think last night was a fine margins thing at all, like Burnley they were several streets ahead of us in every department.

The title of this thread is exactly right. Formations, team selections, poor strikers, missed chances, shape... none of it matters if you're not going to compete. If you're not going to win headers, if you're not going to tackle, if you're not going to win a decent amount of second ball, if you're not willing to get hurt and hurt other people. We're insipid, we're limp, we're completely silent. Third goal, fine, great strike - watch Iroegbunam for it. We had players last night attacking crosses at the near post and pulling their head out for fear of getting hurt, rather than sticking it in there to try and score us a goal. We didn't play with any intensity, any aggression, any pace or tempo. Everything was just so slow and passive.

I thought we were pathetic.
Intensity on 13:55 - Dec 30 with 2431 viewscyprusmel

I have been supporting Rangers for most of my life as have my family, over the years we have come to expect, not much in the way of glory, nor do we seek glory but what we do like, no demand, that players put a shift in. you can get away playing at QPR when your not very good or you have an off day as long as you work hard and try, show us you care but at the moment this current crop apart from one or two look like they don't want to be here.
The annoying thing is this team can play well, we've seen them do it.
A team with the heart of Sam Field would be nice, one of the players that always give everything.
What has gone wrong ?
Intensity on 14:19 - Dec 30 with 2390 viewsdaveB

Intensity on 13:47 - Dec 30 by Northernr

I don't think last night was a fine margins thing at all, like Burnley they were several streets ahead of us in every department.

The title of this thread is exactly right. Formations, team selections, poor strikers, missed chances, shape... none of it matters if you're not going to compete. If you're not going to win headers, if you're not going to tackle, if you're not going to win a decent amount of second ball, if you're not willing to get hurt and hurt other people. We're insipid, we're limp, we're completely silent. Third goal, fine, great strike - watch Iroegbunam for it. We had players last night attacking crosses at the near post and pulling their head out for fear of getting hurt, rather than sticking it in there to try and score us a goal. We didn't play with any intensity, any aggression, any pace or tempo. Everything was just so slow and passive.

I thought we were pathetic.

It looked like we competed to me, they were just better than us and tactically I thought we made some big mistakes. Maybe I'm wrong but I don't remember the same kind of stick for the team in the away Luton game where i thought we were a lot worse than yesterday

We had multiple opportunities last night at 1-0 but put in poor final balls or took the wrong option, earlier in the season we were taking those chances and the games completely changed. I'm not for a second saying we played well or deserved anything from the game but I didn't see this lack of wanting to compete last night, they just looked a side lacking quality and confidence.
Intensity on 14:29 - Dec 30 with 2372 viewspaulparker

Our first eleven on its day is decent at this level but beyond that we have some right dross drawing a wage from this club , another bright start then by Christmas it all falls to Sh1t again ,then we will back to the drawing board again in the summer , btw Beale isn’t to blame imo these are professionals FFS and in a local Derby under the lights you need grit and determination and as soon as the first goal went in our heads dropped which is unforgivable
The fans turned up the players didn’t , that was an utter disgrace last night, where are the winners at this club , who is the one demanding more , it’s all to cosy and nice , we are truly pathetic and a soft touch on and off the pitch
The likes of Roberts, Thomas, Nico, Bonne ,Dozzell, Shodipo need to be the first out the door ( if possible)
We may as well play young Armstrong and a couple of others from the youth as they won’t be so crap or half interested than some of our lot who are stealing a wage at the moment

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Intensity on 14:37 - Dec 30 with 2344 viewsSonofpugwash

It's because the planet Mercury has gone into retrograde - ends on Jan 18th.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Intensity on 17:11 - Dec 30 with 2224 viewsdenhamhoop2

We were abysmal.

The really worrying part for me is Luton weren't anything special but just seemed to do the basic of running around tackling and keeping things simple much better than us. The third goal was probably the one moment of real quality in the game. Sadly wasn't that surprised when I saw the starting XI as somehow a man who has strolled around for virtually the whole of his loan gets a start ahead of Uncle who we at least know gives a shit about QPR. Then throw in the random selection of Shodipo and Chair in place of Willock and it didn't bode well.
Intensity on 17:23 - Dec 30 with 2206 viewskensalriser

Luton were better coached and more motivated. That was the difference. Individually we probably have better players on balance but clearly that doesn't count for much if there's no application.

How many times have we seen this game over the last two or three seasons? Any decently coached side at this level that's prepared to press high and be physical will beat us nine times out of ten and the only difference will be the margin of goals.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Intensity on 17:28 - Dec 30 with 2196 viewsellersliehoop

Intensity on 17:11 - Dec 30 by denhamhoop2

The really worrying part for me is Luton weren't anything special but just seemed to do the basic of running around tackling and keeping things simple much better than us. The third goal was probably the one moment of real quality in the game. Sadly wasn't that surprised when I saw the starting XI as somehow a man who has strolled around for virtually the whole of his loan gets a start ahead of Uncle who we at least know gives a shit about QPR. Then throw in the random selection of Shodipo and Chair in place of Willock and it didn't bode well.

The majority of the teams in this league are nothing special, there are a handful of decent teams.
When I saw Shodipo was playing I couldn't understand it, but he was actually one of our better players. We were worse when he went off, he offered more than Willock did when he came on.
As for Roberts, where was he supposed to be playing? Did you see the header he pretty much pulled out of in their penalty area in the second half? What a joke
Intensity on 17:33 - Dec 30 with 2184 viewsGroveR

Intensity on 17:23 - Dec 30 by kensalriser

Luton were better coached and more motivated. That was the difference. Individually we probably have better players on balance but clearly that doesn't count for much if there's no application.

How many times have we seen this game over the last two or three seasons? Any decently coached side at this level that's prepared to press high and be physical will beat us nine times out of ten and the only difference will be the margin of goals.

Luton beat Norwich - a much better team on paper than both them and us - because they competed from the first to the ninety first minute. Every. Single. Ball. I can't understand how we're so surprised they showed up with an aggressive game plan and a pair of bòllocks - anyone who watched that game knew what was coming.
[Post edited 30 Dec 2022 17:34]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024