Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Charlton 19:05 - Jan 12 with 2485 viewsandrew1302

Just signed Bonne and Kane. They must be laughing on Bonne
Charlton on 19:36 - Jan 12 with 2345 viewsLowerloftLad

Did Coventry demand the 13mill asking fee for todd Kane?

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Charlton on 19:42 - Jan 12 with 2308 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Kakay probably having a good laugh.
Charlton on 08:56 - Jan 13 with 1896 viewsLazyFan

Charlton on 19:42 - Jan 12 by BazzaInTheLoft

Ozzy is in double figures for International Caps now after AFCON and is 4 years younger than Toddy, who is now 29!

He will be on his Todd again when League 2 beckons!

zzzzzzzzzz

Charlton on 08:59 - Jan 13 with 1886 viewsRs_Holy

Charlton on 19:36 - Jan 12 by LowerloftLad

Did Coventry demand the 13mill asking fee for todd Kane?

Charlton on 14:33 - Jan 13 with 1702 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Charlton on 08:56 - Jan 13 by LazyFan

Ozzy is in double figures for International Caps now after AFCON and is 4 years younger than Toddy, who is now 29!

He will be on his Todd again when League 2 beckons!

I don't see the same player that everyone else sees. I think he's great and should fill that spot permanently when Laird goes back.

Not to say he wasn't dogshit v Fleetwood but who wasn't.
Charlton on 14:45 - Jan 13 with 1669 viewsPhilmyRs

Charlton on 14:33 - Jan 13 by BazzaInTheLoft

I don't see the same player that everyone else sees. I think he's great and should fill that spot permanently when Laird goes back.

Not to say he wasn't dogshit v Fleetwood but who wasn't.

For a team that has aspirations to challenge for a top 6 place, and one that places a lot of emphasis on the full backs — as we do — then you cannot have a player like Kakay as first choice, he’s not good enough.

Having Kakay as a squad player, or if you play a system where you’re not asking too much of your full back in an attacking sense, a bit more of an old fashioned type if you like, he could do ok. Laird and him are streets apart in terms of technical ability.
Charlton on 15:02 - Jan 13 with 1622 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Charlton on 14:45 - Jan 13 by PhilmyRs

For a team that has aspirations to challenge for a top 6 place, and one that places a lot of emphasis on the full backs — as we do — then you cannot have a player like Kakay as first choice, he’s not good enough.

Having Kakay as a squad player, or if you play a system where you’re not asking too much of your full back in an attacking sense, a bit more of an old fashioned type if you like, he could do ok. Laird and him are streets apart in terms of technical ability.

I dunno mate, I think the myth has overtaken the man on this one. Was MOM against Sheffield United I thought and was a significant outlet on the right for attacking phases.

There was a heat map floating around which backed that up.

I think overall you are right about his attacking credentials. He’s got nearly everything and if he learns how to deliver a ball he’d be a great RWB. Hopefully these new facilities will bring that out of him.

He‘s no Paal or Laird, granted, but I don’t think he‘s out of place in a top 6 team especially if in the future Paal is the main attacking FB.
[Post edited 13 Jan 2023 15:03]
Charlton on 15:21 - Jan 13 with 1537 viewsPhilmyRs

Charlton on 15:02 - Jan 13 by BazzaInTheLoft

I dunno mate, I think the myth has overtaken the man on this one. Was MOM against Sheffield United I thought and was a significant outlet on the right for attacking phases.

I think overall you are right about his attacking credentials. He’s got nearly everything and if he learns how to deliver a ball he’d be a great RWB. Hopefully these new facilities will bring that out of him.

He‘s no Paal or Laird, granted, but I don’t think he‘s out of place in a top 6 team especially if in the future Paal is the main attacking FB.

Fair enough. I think on this one we'll disagree.

When I watch Kakay I see a lot of effort, commitment and hardwork, with an occasional decent cross or surprising bit of skill thrown in. But in the main, I rarely see 90 minutes without him falling over, he doesn’t have the technical ability to receive the ball ahead of the opposition press, is not blessed with pace and panics and gives up possession by going long or slicing it out when under pressure.

I would love to be proved wrong on this one and for you to be right because I really like the guy and the fact he’s come via our youth system is an added plus, I just can’t see it happening.
Login to get fewer ads

Charlton on 15:35 - Jan 13 with 1478 viewspaulparker

Charlton on 19:42 - Jan 12 by BazzaInTheLoft

I would have thought Todd Kane would be laughing at him especially after his performance against the mighty Fleetwood

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Charlton on 15:45 - Jan 13 with 1450 viewsPhildo

Bonnes first task on signing was to apologise to Charlton fans for chatting sh@t on the way out of there last time.

I don't think signing those two will have upped the average IQ of their squad.

Got a mate who is a die hard there and they have really had an awful time the last few years
Charlton on 15:56 - Jan 13 with 1401 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Charlton on 15:02 - Jan 13 by BazzaInTheLoft

Though it's harsh, their equaliser was down to him. Even when he plays well, there's always a mistake in him.
Charlton on 15:56 - Jan 13 with 1403 viewsthorpebankR

Says a lot that Ipswich didn't want Bonne back.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024