Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Magic of the cup 13:54 - Jan 17 with 3113 viewstoboboly

Accrington pocketed a whopping £2.99 profit after an FA Cup match earlier this season. Yet the PL teams want to do away with replays. Utter cnts, would save a season for the likes of Accrington

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Magic of the cup on 17:31 - Jan 17 with 2879 viewsPlanetHonneywood

The obvious question: how much do they make for a league game?

If they have to give away 'cheap' tickets to get bums on seats for cup games, then how would replays make any difference?

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Magic of the cup on 17:31 - Jan 17 with 2871 viewsstevec

No wonder we try and go out as early as possible.

Better to be the away team, all your expenses covered and in round 2, wasn’t it £67000 to the winner?
Magic of the cup on 18:35 - Jan 17 with 2759 viewstoboboly

Magic of the cup on 17:31 - Jan 17 by PlanetHonneywood

If they have to give away 'cheap' tickets to get bums on seats for cup games, then how would replays make any difference?

Hey mate not sure on league costs.

Sorry, my replay grump is more about how the early rounds of the cup that do have replays aren't great for making money (unless you are non-league) and as soon as the PL teams come in they are desperate to stop replays which actually would make a significant amount for teams like Accrington.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Magic of the cup on 18:49 - Jan 17 with 2736 viewsterryb

Magic of the cup on 17:31 - Jan 17 by PlanetHonneywood

In league games the home side retain all the income, whereas in FA Cup games the profit/loss is split between the two clubs. I think any profit is after the FA have received a share.

That might have changed in recent years as it is 20 years since I had to fill in all the match forms for FA competitions!
Magic of the cup on 22:59 - Jan 17 with 2547 viewsDannyPaddox

😇
Magic of the cup on 23:19 - Jan 17 with 2510 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Back when Brentford were fan owned, they used to do 'pay what you can' days and it always turned out people were more generous when standard ticket prices were asked for.

Wonder if earl round games could do the same?
Magic of the cup on 10:05 - Jan 18 with 2276 viewsAntti_Heinola

Magic of the cup on 18:35 - Jan 17 by toboboly

Hey mate not sure on league costs.

Sorry, my replay grump is more about how the early rounds of the cup that do have replays aren't great for making money (unless you are non-league) and as soon as the PL teams come in they are desperate to stop replays which actually would make a significant amount for teams like Accrington.

I've come around to abandoning replays to be honest.
I get your point, but in terms of a 'money spinning' replay for a small club, how often does that actually happen for all clubs combined? It's so rare that you almost might as well just play the lottery.
I used to love replays, now they feel like a waste of time and for most clubs it probably costs more money to put them on except in the extremely rare cases they get a big game.

90 mins, straight to pens for me, Clive.

Bare bones.

Magic of the cup on 10:16 - Jan 18 with 2225 viewsdaveB

I get the financial thing but I did think it was better last season when it just went to penalties, more chance of an upset as well. They should just increase the prize money for the earlier rounds as an incentive to scrap replays.
Login to get fewer ads

Magic of the cup on 15:07 - Jan 19 with 1907 viewsTomS

Magic of the cup on 10:05 - Jan 18 by Antti_Heinola

I've come around to abandoning replays to be honest.
I get your point, but in terms of a 'money spinning' replay for a small club, how often does that actually happen for all clubs combined? It's so rare that you almost might as well just play the lottery.
I used to love replays, now they feel like a waste of time and for most clubs it probably costs more money to put them on except in the extremely rare cases they get a big game.

90 mins, straight to pens for me, Clive.

I agree. Unless you draw a Premiership team attendance numbers will typically be disappointing for an early round cup match. The fixed costs in opening the ground etc will remain fairly high, so I doubt that there is much profit margin in most scenarios.

The fixture lists are congested enough as things stand.
Magic of the cup on 16:45 - Jan 19 with 1834 viewsderbyhoop

Is it any wonder we don't open all 4 sides for early round cup games?

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Magic of the cup on 16:55 - Jan 19 with 1817 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Might be a controversial opinion, especially considering it’s our only cup triumph, but i’d fck off the league cup and that other one and just enter the ‘bigger teams’ into earlier rounds so there is more chance of a non / lower league hitting the big time.
Magic of the cup on 18:25 - Jan 19 with 1737 viewsdavman

Magic of the cup on 22:59 - Jan 17 by DannyPaddox

😇

Got to be your best yet - great work, Mr. P.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024