Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Barbet 16:56 - Jan 31 with 2690 viewsNorthernr

To mark the occasion of Yoann Barbet scoring with a direct free kick at the weekend, here's me in French saying he never scores direct from free kicks.

In depth profile via @RaphBrosse

https://www.sofoot.com/articles/yoann-barbet-le-scapulaire-de-famille
Barbet on 17:24 - Jan 31 with 2557 viewsjohnhoop

Having watched Barbet’s efforts to score from direct free kicks go sailing into the Upper Loft on numerous occasions over the last few years I am a bit concerned that this might be an “End of Days” omen and the next thing will be the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse appearing over the horizon!
Barbet on 17:24 - Jan 31 with 2546 viewscolinallcars

They should show the current team that picture of Barbet with the bandage on his bonce.
Barbet on 17:42 - Jan 31 with 2489 viewsaston_hoop

"moments de classe et de catastrophe"....yep

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Barbet on 17:54 - Jan 31 with 2414 viewsMick_S

https://fo-fo.facebook.com/OfficialQPRFC/videos/411035870450446/

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Barbet on 07:17 - Feb 1 with 1995 viewsPaddyhoops

Would have Barbet before any of our current centre halfs .
Relatively speaking he’s streets ahead.
Missing those Diags.
Barbet on 07:19 - Feb 1 with 1993 viewsNorthernr

Barbet on 07:17 - Feb 1 by Paddyhoops

Missing those Diags.

Well certainly swapping somebody who played 98 consecutive games for us, including some with a fractured collar bone, and replacing him with Jake Clarke-Salter, who it seems will be lucky to play 98 games the rest of his life, because Mick Beale used to read him a bed time story, has not proven shrewd.
Barbet on 07:29 - Feb 1 with 1968 viewsPhildo

Barbet on 07:19 - Feb 1 by Northernr

Well certainly swapping somebody who played 98 consecutive games for us, including some with a fractured collar bone, and replacing him with Jake Clarke-Salter, who it seems will be lucky to play 98 games the rest of his life, because Mick Beale used to read him a bed time story, has not proven shrewd.

#therightsort

Everything at our club goes round in a circle doesn't it?
Barbet on 07:40 - Feb 1 with 1925 viewsPaddyhoops

On the theme of central defenders. I see Harry Souter the Stoke defender went for 15 million yesterday. In contrast our guy Dickie was being touted for a big move a year or so ago . Sadly his form has dropped off a cliff of late and if JSC or Belagon were fit probably wouldn’t even make our first eleven.
Pretty much worthless now and sadly Willocks value has dropped through the floor as well.
Login to get fewer ads

Barbet on 08:36 - Feb 1 with 1833 viewsdaveB

loved Barbet but seems obvious now it was all about his wages and we couldn't afford an improved contract for him, same reason most of those players went in the summer
Clarke Salter was a cheaper and younger option, also a similar player who I personally think would look a lot better in a back 3. Barbet was just as crap as him in a back 4 when he first joined
Barbet on 08:39 - Feb 1 with 1821 viewsNorthernr

Barbet on 08:36 - Feb 1 by daveB

loved Barbet but seems obvious now it was all about his wages and we couldn't afford an improved contract for him, same reason most of those players went in the summer
Clarke Salter was a cheaper and younger option, also a similar player who I personally think would look a lot better in a back 3. Barbet was just as crap as him in a back 4 when he first joined

I actually still think JCS could turn out to be a good signing, if he can get fit, but as I said when he joined he'd never been able to play 30 games in a season before now so why would that suddenly change? Younger, certainly, much more sell on potential in theory. But as for cheaper than Barbet... do we think he is? Ex-Chelsea, and we had to out bid Coventry and several others to get him.
Barbet on 08:39 - Feb 1 with 1819 viewsTheChef

Barbet on 07:40 - Feb 1 by Paddyhoops

On the theme of central defenders. I see Harry Souter the Stoke defender went for 15 million yesterday. In contrast our guy Dickie was being touted for a big move a year or so ago . Sadly his form has dropped off a cliff of late and if JSC or Belagon were fit probably wouldn’t even make our first eleven.
Pretty much worthless now and sadly Willocks value has dropped through the floor as well.

Belagon - is he the LOTR version of Balogun?

Anyway I'd rather have Belagon, sounds like the bastard child of Claudio Gentile and Hans-Peter Briegel.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Barbet on 12:12 - Feb 1 with 1669 viewsstanistheman

Barbet on 07:17 - Feb 1 by Paddyhoops

Missing those Diags.

I couldn’t understand why we never renewed his contra as he wanted to stay.

Replaced him with JCS who has been more absent than present and has no real threat at set pieces (not including Barbet’s free kicks).
Barbet on 12:47 - Feb 1 with 1603 viewsTheChef

Barbet on 17:24 - Jan 31 by johnhoop

Having watched Barbet’s efforts to score from direct free kicks go sailing into the Upper Loft on numerous occasions over the last few years I am a bit concerned that this might be an “End of Days” omen and the next thing will be the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse appearing over the horizon!

Cats and dogs, living together. Mass hysteria!

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Barbet on 13:06 - Feb 1 with 1574 viewskernowhoop

Barbet on 07:29 - Feb 1 by Phildo

#therightsort

Everything at our club goes round in a circle doesn't it?

Those hoops
Barbet on 15:22 - Feb 2 with 1272 viewsOldPedro

Barbet on 07:40 - Feb 1 by Paddyhoops

Didn't Souter impress at the World Cup for Australia?

Not sure why Leicester have paid £15 Mil for him - panic buy maybe?

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Barbet on 16:01 - Feb 2 with 1215 viewsericgen34

It's a great free kick, maybe a different ball in league 2...

Barbet on 16:06 - Feb 2 with 1203 viewsrobith

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024