Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
George Thomas 17:11 - Jan 31 with 4710 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Released on a free. Good luck to him. One I thought would work out.
George Thomas on 17:24 - Jan 31 with 3602 viewsLazyFan

He tried his hardest so we cannot complain it just did not work out.

I suspect if he goes to a L1 team, he will be a massive success at that level, and then the question becomes could he do it in the Champ?

Or a L2 team like Leyton Orient, London-based, a good team having a wobble as Smyth is injured, Thomas could slot straight in there.

zzzzzzzzzz

George Thomas on 17:37 - Jan 31 with 3527 viewsMick_S

George Thomas on 17:24 - Jan 31 by LazyFan

He tried his hardest so we cannot complain it just did not work out.

I suspect if he goes to a L1 team, he will be a massive success at that level, and then the question becomes could he do it in the Champ?

Or a L2 team like Leyton Orient, London-based, a good team having a wobble as Smyth is injured, Thomas could slot straight in there.

I really, really liked the little that we saw from him. There’s a decent player there. Wrong club or out of his depth? His attitude seemed spot on; I hope it goes well for him.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

George Thomas on 17:39 - Jan 31 with 3512 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

George Thomas on 17:37 - Jan 31 by Mick_S

I really, really liked the little that we saw from him. There’s a decent player there. Wrong club or out of his depth? His attitude seemed spot on; I hope it goes well for him.

He went from Welsh international to not getting into a side with 1 win in 14.

A proper mystery.

Good luck to him.
George Thomas on 17:42 - Jan 31 with 3476 viewsHarbour

Good Luck George thanks for time here. Had a few injuries to start but never really got going. But always put a shift when put the shirt on.
George Thomas on 18:04 - Jan 31 with 3350 viewsLblock

Have to disagree.

I saw absolutely nothing from the fella apart from harassing a team into a late goal when he closed someone down last minute when coming on near the end of the game.

"Running around a bit" is surely the base requirement from our players?! (I know a few aren't at the moment).
This fella was weak, lacked anything in terms of goal threat, assists or defensive contribution and looked to be a level above where he should be playing.

I wish him well but he'll be instantly forgettable

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

George Thomas on 18:08 - Jan 31 with 3310 viewsLongsufferingR

George Thomas on 18:04 - Jan 31 by Lblock

Have to disagree.

I saw absolutely nothing from the fella apart from harassing a team into a late goal when he closed someone down last minute when coming on near the end of the game.

"Running around a bit" is surely the base requirement from our players?! (I know a few aren't at the moment).
This fella was weak, lacked anything in terms of goal threat, assists or defensive contribution and looked to be a level above where he should be playing.

Who will be instantly forgettable?
George Thomas on 18:17 - Jan 31 with 3219 viewsDixie_CT

There can’t be much subjectivity for an attacking midfielder who, in over 1500 minutes, has never scored a goal at the Championship level.

He did seem to try (not a common attribute in this squad) but his efforts were well below the required standard.
George Thomas on 18:26 - Jan 31 with 3130 viewsPunteR

Good luck to him. Clearly this league was one or two above his talent level but that's the way it goes sometimes.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Login to get fewer ads

George Thomas on 18:26 - Jan 31 with 3128 viewsTacticalR

Thank God for that.

Remember when he had to be taken off before half-time when we were getting mullered at home by Barnsley?

Air hostess clique

George Thomas on 18:27 - Jan 31 with 3122 viewspaulparker

George Thomas on 18:04 - Jan 31 by Lblock

Have to disagree.

Totally agree
I can’t hardly remember him having a shot on goal for us
Conference player at best , truly awful

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

George Thomas on 18:36 - Jan 31 with 3063 viewsLoyalitat

George Thomas on 18:26 - Jan 31 by TacticalR

Thank God for that.

Remember when he had to be taken off before half-time when we were getting mullered at home by Barnsley?

In his defence, he was played out of position as a right wing back and Kakay on the left.

Remember how he came on at half-time when we were down to 10 men against Blackpool, after Sanderson was correctly sent off for retaliating, and he contributed to our winning that game by giving his all and delivering the cross towards the very end of the game for Amos to get a vital touch for the winning goal.

Probably his best moment at the club and here's wishing him all the best.
George Thomas on 18:41 - Jan 31 with 3007 viewsPlanetHonneywood

George Stanley Thomas: he mostly ran around chasing opposition players who had the ball. Other times when he had the ball, opposition players mostly got the ball back from fans, throwing it back to the opposition keeper.

Have I missed anything?

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

George Thomas on 19:58 - Jan 31 with 2753 viewsQPRSteve

George Thomas on 18:41 - Jan 31 by PlanetHonneywood

George Stanley Thomas: he mostly ran around chasing opposition players who had the ball. Other times when he had the ball, opposition players mostly got the ball back from fans, throwing it back to the opposition keeper.

Have I missed anything?

Had a great middle name for a footballer though.
George Thomas on 20:38 - Jan 31 with 2639 viewsactonman

Good luck to him , better off away from this basket case of a club anyway !
Would at least of put a shift in last Saturday unlike a few others. Maybe he was guilty of trying too hard when he did get the odd chance ?
Might thrive at another club when trusted to play regularly, I just hope there was some benefit of terminating his contract or what’s the point of getting rid if we have to pay out his contract anyway
George Thomas on 20:55 - Jan 31 with 2556 viewsHooping_Mad

I liked George, It never came good for him here but he will graft and no doubt score in an FA cup 3rd round fixture against us in the near future.

Best wishes.
[Post edited 31 Jan 2023 20:58]

Chairman of the Junior Hoilett appreciation society

George Thomas on 21:12 - Jan 31 with 2488 viewssteveo04

Glad they waited to the last day so they didn’t ruin my calendar
George Thomas on 21:38 - Jan 31 with 2394 viewspaulhoop2

Waste of wages never Impressed good riddance another belter from belk

As for travelman can’t wait for Clive’s reaction lol

Poll: Now it’s slightly clearer cut who do you want as manager ?

George Thomas on 21:45 - Jan 31 with 2349 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Why, on every single decision or event, do we have to play angry hyperbole top trumps.
George Thomas on 21:46 - Jan 31 with 2332 viewsaston_hoop

Not a bad player, not necessarily good enough for the way we were playing but he'll get himself a nice little League 1 move

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

George Thomas on 22:02 - Jan 31 with 2244 viewsaston_hoop

George Thomas on 21:46 - Jan 31 by aston_hoop

Not a bad player, not necessarily good enough for the way we were playing but he'll get himself a nice little League 1 move

Joined Cambridge Utd

[Post edited 31 Jan 2023 22:09]

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

George Thomas on 22:10 - Jan 31 with 2166 viewsLowerloftLad

So he joins Cambridge, Who sit 23rd place in league one and have won just 2 out of the last 15 games, so he should feel right at home.

Though he will probably do well in a top six league two side.
[Post edited 31 Jan 2023 22:13]

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

George Thomas on 22:20 - Jan 31 with 2075 viewsJigsore

I thought there was a player in there somewhere, maybe another who just always gets a small injury whenever he threatens to get up to speed

in the end I think he's much like David Wheeler and the Championship is just one level too high for him, but I wish him well

On the other hand the club needed to try offload him maybe a year ago and certainly 6 months ago.

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

George Thomas on 22:29 - Jan 31 with 2018 viewsterryb

George Thomas on 22:02 - Jan 31 by aston_hoop

Joined Cambridge Utd

[Post edited 31 Jan 2023 22:09]

Good luck George, I hope it works out for you.
George Thomas on 22:52 - Jan 31 with 1958 viewsQPunkR

If I were a youngster again, Thomas would give me hope that I too could be a professional footballer. The fact that he’s so painfully below average at every aspect of the game but runs about a lot would give me the drive to put down that burger and forego that pint.

I’ve no anger towards him, he always seemed to try but he’s patently not a footballer. Trävellingägäin, on the other hand, I have no idea how he’s been a pro for so long. He makes me feel that even in my late 30s I could well yet make it

QPR - "shit but local"

George Thomas on 23:44 - Jan 31 with 1850 viewsPlanetHonneywood

George Thomas on 21:45 - Jan 31 by BazzaInTheLoft

Why, on every single decision or event, do we have to play angry hyperbole top trumps.

Because it's cathartic.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024