Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Damning with faint praise 17:01 - Feb 4 with 6682 viewsE17hoop

Better than last week.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Championship Playoffs - who's going up?

Damning with faint praise on 17:05 - Feb 4 with 4596 viewshertshoops

+ we didn't lose
Damning with faint praise on 17:06 - Feb 4 with 4577 viewsbosh67

I'll take a point at most away games. It's our home form that has to improve drastically.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Damning with faint praise on 17:11 - Feb 4 with 4525 viewspaulparker

My god they were poor and there for the taking
With each passing game Critchley shows as bout as much passion and enthusiasm for QPR than i would a visit from my mother in law

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Damning with faint praise on 17:12 - Feb 4 with 4500 viewsDamo1962

Damning with faint praise on 17:06 - Feb 4 by bosh67

I'll take a point at most away games. It's our home form that has to improve drastically.

Agree. Results at LR will determine the outcome of this season for us. Many bemoaning that we aren't beating Huddersfield, but maybe that is because we are no better than them in reality.
Damning with faint praise on 17:13 - Feb 4 with 4513 viewsManinBlack

Better than what I was expecting in that we didn't lose. The win ratio is still gradually getting worse. Must get a few home wins now.
Damning with faint praise on 17:15 - Feb 4 with 4473 viewsdavman

Marginal though.

Jojo massive upgrade on Tim, but Dozzell passive, ineffective and Field too far up the pitch as he was needed to win flick ons.

If Town had been even at Hull's standard, they'd have scored as many as Hull did.

Take the point all day, but that was not good on any level.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Damning with faint praise on 17:23 - Feb 4 with 4363 viewsDamo1962

Damning with faint praise on 17:11 - Feb 4 by paulparker

With each passing game Critchley shows as bout as much passion and enthusiasm for QPR than i would a visit from my mother in law

I know it's early days for NC and he must be given time to sort out this mess,but to me...he just doesn't feel a good fit for us. Thought it at the time he took over, and it still niggles away at me. Hopefully he will prove me and any other doubters wrong. It is a tough gig managing our club.
Damning with faint praise on 17:26 - Feb 4 with 4348 viewsLblock

Damning with faint praise on 17:11 - Feb 4 by paulparker

Always thinking about what pigeon feed to give the birds later I reckon

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Login to get fewer ads

Damning with faint praise on 17:32 - Feb 4 with 4299 viewsdmm

I'm not looking forward to next Saturday very much.
Damning with faint praise on 17:40 - Feb 4 with 4219 viewsBushRanger82

Indeed. A London Derby next week.

Just might as well be a cup game.
Damning with faint praise on 17:52 - Feb 4 with 4150 viewsted_hendrix

We're not very good and we haven't been very good for an awful long time.
We managed to 'burgle' a few points earlier In the season for which we should be grateful for.
I'm not even sure If our players deserve any faint praise for todays result or performance.
I'm hardly happy about how things are panning out at the club but week by week I'm slowly but surely beginning to lose interest.
I could give you ten reasons why but like some of our players I can't be arsed.

I'm genuinly stuck in some kind of a malaise time warp about It all now.

I mean look we make a sub at near on 70 minutes and who comes on as a sub? yea Adomah, c'mon really Is that as good as It gets? nothing against Albert but he's an antique FFS.

I dunno anymore, and never mind all this we should be beating Huddersfield bolox, we've had two attempts this season and failed on both accounts.

No praise from me faint or otherwise.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Damning with faint praise on 18:07 - Feb 4 with 4030 viewsDamo1962

Damning with faint praise on 17:40 - Feb 4 by BushRanger82

Indeed. A London Derby next week.

Just might as well be a cup game.

But we don't do " Cup games"😉
Damning with faint praise on 18:07 - Feb 4 with 4042 viewssteveo04

Damning with faint praise on 17:52 - Feb 4 by ted_hendrix

We're not very good and we haven't been very good for an awful long time.
We managed to 'burgle' a few points earlier In the season for which we should be grateful for.
I'm not even sure If our players deserve any faint praise for todays result or performance.
I'm hardly happy about how things are panning out at the club but week by week I'm slowly but surely beginning to lose interest.
I could give you ten reasons why but like some of our players I can't be arsed.

I'm genuinly stuck in some kind of a malaise time warp about It all now.

I mean look we make a sub at near on 70 minutes and who comes on as a sub? yea Adomah, c'mon really Is that as good as It gets? nothing against Albert but he's an antique FFS.

I dunno anymore, and never mind all this we should be beating Huddersfield bolox, we've had two attempts this season and failed on both accounts.

No praise from me faint or otherwise.

Is anyone getting Jimmy Floyd hasselbaink vibes at the way we’re set up and play ?
Damning with faint praise on 19:15 - Feb 4 with 3828 viewsBushRanger82

Damning with faint praise on 18:07 - Feb 4 by Damo1962

But we don't do " Cup games"😉

I know.
Like we don't do London derbies, either.
Damning with faint praise on 19:18 - Feb 4 with 3811 viewsdaveB

It was a lot better, but that wasn't difficult. we at least had a gameplan and thought Critchley did well to move Field forward where he kept winning kick ons and getting us in good areas, just didn't get that second goal when we were well on top and they were a lot better second half to be fair to them.

Once again though final ball when in good positions was so poor, we make so many bad decisions in the final third. Chair again too many touches when a quick pass gets us in on goal, Armstrong has to either hit it or square it but takes too long.
Damning with faint praise on 19:19 - Feb 4 with 3803 viewsdaveB

Damning with faint praise on 18:07 - Feb 4 by steveo04

Is anyone getting Jimmy Floyd hasselbaink vibes at the way we’re set up and play ?

not really, I thought we were quite positive especially in the first half, just looks a team very low in self belief
Damning with faint praise on 19:37 - Feb 4 with 3706 viewssteveo04

Damning with faint praise on 19:19 - Feb 4 by daveB

not really, I thought we were quite positive especially in the first half, just looks a team very low in self belief

Do you think they’re a fitness issue there ? I actually thought under Beale we lacked fitness.
Damning with faint praise on 19:44 - Feb 4 with 3667 viewsdaveB

Damning with faint praise on 19:37 - Feb 4 by steveo04

Do you think they’re a fitness issue there ? I actually thought under Beale we lacked fitness.

possibly but just think a lot of our problems are mental. We made bad decisions and longer the games goes on you can see the panic set in, they had a 10 minute spell where we just needed someone to stop the game, slow it down keep possession for a few minutes but we kept rushing everything and giving it back to them
Damning with faint praise on 20:12 - Feb 4 with 3603 viewsaston_hoop

Damning with faint praise on 17:26 - Feb 4 by Lblock

Always thinking about what pigeon feed to give the birds later I reckon

Did I miss Gerry Francis being re-appointed??

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Damning with faint praise on 20:21 - Feb 4 with 3561 viewsbosh67

Neil's record so far in the league

10 games
1 win
6 draws
3 losses

He has a striker only just released from hospital who I think has been ill for weeks. One loan striker who at least looks like he can score a few and a rookie striker who hasn't really come close to scoring yet. Plus other better players out of form. It's not difficult to see why he's been struggling to get a win.

Some are accusing him of being out of his depth. At least 2 of those draws could have been wins. He's working with what he has to work with and very little by way of real injection of players where needed.
[Post edited 4 Feb 2023 20:22]

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Damning with faint praise on 20:37 - Feb 4 with 3454 viewsMonkey_Roots

There was no passing it around at the back, which was great.

I think Chair, for all his effort and skill, slowed it down a bit today. He’d get himself some space to put the ball over, and then he insists on beating his man again. Love him, but that was a bit annoying.

Dozzell was anonymous.

Lowe was busy and effective.

JoJo was a sight for sore eyes.

All in all, happy with the point, but we should have capitalised on just how poor Huddersfield were - they (Hogg) gAve us the ball 5 or 6 times… we should have punished them.
Damning with faint praise on 22:34 - Feb 4 with 3210 viewsNorthernr

Better than last week only because you're playing against another circus.
Damning with faint praise on 23:24 - Feb 4 with 3085 viewsE17hoop

Damning with faint praise on 22:34 - Feb 4 by Northernr

Better than last week only because you're playing against another circus.

E17's theory of relatively - we look better because the opposition are shítter.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Championship Playoffs - who's going up?

Damning with faint praise on 23:32 - Feb 4 with 3058 viewsNortholt_Rs

Damning with faint praise on 23:24 - Feb 4 by E17hoop

E17's theory of relatively - we look better because the opposition are shítter.

And we were hanging on by our fingernails at the end. To Huddersfield….

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Damning with faint praise on 23:42 - Feb 4 with 3015 viewsBurnleyhoop

Didn’t take Dyche long to sort the lazy rabble at Everton out did it?

No messing about, no room for poncing around, no snoods and hats and handbags at training. Just, get your arse in gear and work hard for 90. 3 points in the bag at the first attempt….against the league leaders.

Still waiting for Critchley to inject some passion and determination into our lot. The wait goes on.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024