Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ale Faurlin q&a 16:45 - Mar 6 with 9930 viewsterryb

Are any others of you attending this on Thursday?

I know that I'm looking forward to this far more than the Watford game on Saturday! If it wasn't for Ale being inducted into the Forever R's at half time, the bus replacement service (again!) might have tempted me to stay away.

No doubt this is a stupid question, but I assume the entrance to the W12 Suite is situated in South Africa Road?
Ale Faurlin q&a on 16:46 - Mar 6 with 8102 viewsRangersDave

Ask him to bring his boots for Saturday please.

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Ale Faurlin q&a on 16:47 - Mar 6 with 8095 viewsNorthernr

Yes a few of us going along. Sweet, glorious nostalgia eases the pain.
Ale Faurlin q&a on 16:51 - Mar 6 with 8067 viewsterryb

Ale Faurlin q&a on 16:47 - Mar 6 by Northernr

I don't think I can get to the C&S prior to the event as I won't make Shepherds Bush until 6.00pm, but hopefully I will get the chance to say hello to you & other posters whilst consuming our free drink!
Ale Faurlin q&a on 17:07 - Mar 6 with 7979 viewsthame_hoops

On another topic, but similar, has anyone seen that one Warnock is doing a show at the Empire in May
Ale Faurlin q&a on 18:05 - Mar 6 with 7886 viewsNoelmc

This and he's my favourite R's player this century. Pure class before his injuries.

Terryb, the W12 entrance is through the main reception between the box office & superstore.
Ale Faurlin q&a on 18:08 - Mar 6 with 7856 viewscolinallcars

It says on the Offish, An Evening With Ale.
I've had ale every evening since I was about 17.
Ale Faurlin q&a on 19:30 - Mar 6 with 7756 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Ale Faurlin q&a on 18:08 - Mar 6 by colinallcars

It says on the Offish, An Evening With Ale.
I've had ale every evening since I was about 17.

And you've never charged anyone for it either!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Ale Faurlin q&a on 21:20 - Mar 6 with 7642 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Ale Faurlin q&a on 17:07 - Mar 6 by thame_hoops

On another topic, but similar, has anyone seen that one Warnock is doing a show at the Empire in May

I want to go but i'm not paying those prices out of principle.
Login to get fewer ads

Ale Faurlin q&a on 21:46 - Mar 6 with 7586 viewsHayesender

Unfortunately I can't make this one, but I hope it's not ruined by fellow fans arguing amongst themselves and offering others out like the Holloway evening a couple of weeks ago

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Ale Faurlin q&a on 22:19 - Mar 6 with 7533 viewsDorse

That's why I went to Dom Ball's balloon modelling evening.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Ale Faurlin q&a on 09:38 - Mar 7 with 7340 viewsterryb

Ale Faurlin q&a on 18:05 - Mar 6 by Noelmc

This and he's my favourite R's player this century. Pure class before his injuries.

Terryb, the W12 entrance is through the main reception between the box office & superstore.

Thanks Noel
Ale Faurlin q&a on 01:00 - Mar 10 with 7043 viewsNorthernr

This was absolutely fcking brilliant. So nice to walk away from Loftus Road in a positive, warm frame of mind after a great night. Loved meeting you Terry, and seeing so many familiar faces.

Faurlin was unreal. Storytelling, comic timing, and raffle gifts, all in his second language.

He's really let himself go though which is a shame, looked an absolute mess.
Ale Faurlin q&a on 02:19 - Mar 10 with 6999 viewsdixiedean

A great evening. Yes what a state he is 😂 Such a top bloke and universally loved . Strange that he likes Barton - Mackie, Hill and many others also speak well of him which really surprises me . Only one to openly dislike him is Chief . A nice change to have had a positive experience at HQ. Let’s hope we’re feeling even half as happy as this when we leave the ground on Saturday.
Ale Faurlin q&a on 05:10 - Mar 10 with 6932 viewsHAYESBOY

Hope this is ok to put these all here.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Ale Faurlin q&a on 06:48 - Mar 10 with 6812 viewsMarc

Ale Faurlin q&a on 02:19 - Mar 10 by dixiedean

A great evening. Yes what a state he is 😂 Such a top bloke and universally loved . Strange that he likes Barton - Mackie, Hill and many others also speak well of him which really surprises me . Only one to openly dislike him is Chief . A nice change to have had a positive experience at HQ. Let’s hope we’re feeling even half as happy as this when we leave the ground on Saturday.

What's the story with Chief?

They had this on twitter last night

Ale Faurlin q&a on 07:06 - Mar 10 with 6764 viewsmikeygunn

Ale Faurlin q&a on 06:48 - Mar 10 by Marc

What's the story with Chief?

They had this on twitter last night

I think he meant chief disliked Barton, not Ale
Ale Faurlin q&a on 07:24 - Mar 10 with 6673 viewsHunterhoop

Ale Faurlin q&a on 07:06 - Mar 10 by mikeygunn

I think he meant chief disliked Barton, not Ale

Yeah, no secret Onouha hated Barton. No surprise really. One is educated and has principles. The other is Joey Barton. And they came up through the same youth set up, didn’t they, so must have had a number of run ins.

Faurlin is great.
Ale Faurlin q&a on 08:26 - Mar 10 with 6392 viewsAntti_Heinola

I can’t face tomorrow.

But I also cannot miss seeing my all time favourite player again.

Great messages above - Gorkssy’s is brilliant.

Sounds like a brilliant night, wonder if the club filmed it?

Bare bones.

Ale Faurlin q&a on 08:40 - Mar 10 with 6321 viewsPinnerPaul

Ale Faurlin q&a on 05:10 - Mar 10 by HAYESBOY

Hope this is ok to put these all here.

Excellent - thanks
Ale Faurlin q&a on 09:02 - Mar 10 with 6174 viewsslmrstid

Lovely to see all those messages, definitely one of my all time favourite players is Faurlin and I can't go tomorrow which is a real shame.

Hope to hear some stories from last night from those who could go.
Ale Faurlin q&a on 10:18 - Mar 10 with 5659 viewsNoelmc

Ale Faurlin q&a on 08:26 - Mar 10 by Antti_Heinola

I can’t face tomorrow.

But I also cannot miss seeing my all time favourite player again.

Great messages above - Gorkssy’s is brilliant.

Sounds like a brilliant night, wonder if the club filmed it?

The Club did film it Antti so think it will be on the website at some point. Very well organised event & Faurlin is an absolute class act. Paul Morrisey, who compered very well, said near the end Ale donated the proceeds from the event to the Forever R's.

It was great to speak to Ale and finally thank him for all he did for our club and also managed to chat with his younger brother who was there and looks just like him. Another lovely guy.

A fantastic night, and as Clive said, left everyone heading home with a happy feeling.

Well done to everyone involved in it.
Ale Faurlin q&a on 10:19 - Mar 10 with 5593 viewsterryb

Ale Faurlin q&a on 01:00 - Mar 10 by Northernr

This was absolutely fcking brilliant. So nice to walk away from Loftus Road in a positive, warm frame of mind after a great night. Loved meeting you Terry, and seeing so many familiar faces.

Faurlin was unreal. Storytelling, comic timing, and raffle gifts, all in his second language.

He's really let himself go though which is a shame, looked an absolute mess.

Cheers Clive. Our chat was really good, even reminiscing about our "stars" from before you were born! Stand up Victor Bloody Mobley & Brian Williams, you will never be forgotten!

As to Ale, what an absolute mess he looked! If anything, he appeared even leaner than when he was playing. And to repeat his clarion call to all supporters - "Our club needs you now more than any time since I joined us. You will still be here after all the players, managers, owners have left".

I admit that recently I've found it harder to get up the enthusiasm to travel to The Bush & have lost respect for a lot of our "players", but this was a plea from Ale's heart.

I'm not even certain that English is his second language, but not only was he articulate, he has a command of colloquialisms (if that is the right word) beyond many a natural English speaker.

I'm so pleased that I attended & look forward to seeing Ale on the pitch on Saturday. I just hope we can hear him in the Upper Loft!

The only downpart was that there was even less leg room between seats than there is while watching games!
[Post edited 10 Mar 2023 10:27]
Ale Faurlin q&a on 10:25 - Mar 10 with 5507 viewsTheChef

Ale Faurlin q&a on 10:19 - Mar 10 by terryb

Cheers Clive. Our chat was really good, even reminiscing about our "stars" from before you were born! Stand up Victor Bloody Mobley & Brian Williams, you will never be forgotten!

As to Ale, what an absolute mess he looked! If anything, he appeared even leaner than when he was playing. And to repeat his clarion call to all supporters - "Our club needs you now more than any time since I joined us. You will still be here after all the players, managers, owners have left".

I admit that recently I've found it harder to get up the enthusiasm to travel to The Bush & have lost respect for a lot of our "players", but this was a plea from Ale's heart.

I'm not even certain that English is his second language, but not only was he articulate, he has a command of colloquialisms (if that is the right word) beyond many a natural English speaker.

I'm so pleased that I attended & look forward to seeing Ale on the pitch on Saturday. I just hope we can hear him in the Upper Loft!

The only downpart was that there was even less leg room between seats than there is while watching games!

So they really packed everyone in eh?

I'm going tomorrow - less enthused about watching our current lot but will great to see Ale and give him a big round of applause.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Ale Faurlin q&a on 11:03 - Mar 10 with 5200 viewsBlue_Castello

Ale Faurlin q&a on 10:19 - Mar 10 by terryb

Thanks Terry much appreciated and Ali's right the club does need us now more than ever, bit like the old WW2 poster that one, it's been very tough watching these last four months since we topped the league, totally understand some of the sentiments recently posted but we're not in the bottom three yet and the crowd / atmosphere can make a huge difference to the players at Loftus Road.

After the Burnley home game at the beginning of December I said to my brother that we need to switch to three at the back with wing backs and that still needs to happen to stop the flow of goals conceded, I know injuries have possibly prevented that being chosen as an option but I would use Kakay as a third centre back when that options available.

Like the rest of you we loved Faurlin as a player, he was pure class and before his injuries had everything in his locker, the combination of Faurlin and Taarabt will live long in the memory, what exactly is Ale doing now he is retired, is he involved in football at all, I genuinely hope he made a decent amount of money from the game but my fear is he missed the big pay day years.
[Post edited 10 Mar 2023 11:06]
Ale Faurlin q&a on 12:37 - Mar 10 with 4793 viewsBrianWilson

Ale Faurlin q&a on 07:24 - Mar 10 by Hunterhoop

Yeah, no secret Onouha hated Barton. No surprise really. One is educated and has principles. The other is Joey Barton. And they came up through the same youth set up, didn’t they, so must have had a number of run ins.

Faurlin is great.

Surprised there was no video message from Barton. Didn't Paddy, Clint, Derry, Mackie and Ale have a regular zoom group with Joey Barton? or something like that.

"a diseased bunch of mofos if there ever was one, their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons." - Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024