Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Replacement Referee 21:16 - Mar 11 with 2481 viewsdachiltern

Who would be an official?

2nd half - Replacement referee, we go down to ten men and want to make a sub. Replacement and colleagues ignore it? Dialogue?

2nd half - later on, we battle to keep Watford in their corner, throw in to them but keeper takes a goal kick and between sub ref and his Lino eventually get a right decision.

Sadly a team of officials who can only learn from their experience today.

P.s. how did Choudhry not get a 2ndyellow and why did it take nearly 96 minutes before Hoedt got a yellow.

Who would be an official?
Replacement Referee on 21:25 - Mar 11 with 2407 viewsQPR_Jim

I thought Choudhry was the ref in the second half. If he'd have put as much energy into his football as he did trying to ref the game we'd have been in trouble.

Also what was it with the Watford sub arguing with the crowd in the paddocks when warming up, needed to feck off.
Replacement Referee on 22:06 - Mar 11 with 2254 viewsflynnbo

Replacement Referee on 21:25 - Mar 11 by QPR_Jim

I thought Choudhry was the ref in the second half. If he'd have put as much energy into his football as he did trying to ref the game we'd have been in trouble.

Also what was it with the Watford sub arguing with the crowd in the paddocks when warming up, needed to feck off.

He was doing a lot of pointing.
Replacement Referee on 22:49 - Mar 11 with 2186 viewsterryb

The substitution hold up was nothing to do with the officials.

We had already used two of our three windows when Drewe went down injured. Ainsworth & company couldn't bring anyone on for Dozzell at that moment, or else we would not have been able to substitute Drewe.

Once they had made up their minds as to the changes, one of our players got conveniently injured so the subs could be made.
Replacement Referee on 23:01 - Mar 11 with 2147 viewsEsgaroth

Replacement Referee on 21:25 - Mar 11 by QPR_Jim

Thier sub shoved the ball into our players chest way too hard so they had a bit of handbags. That's when you know you have mentally beaten them.

Been here since 1984. Now THAT is what you call punishment

Replacement Referee on 13:58 - Mar 12 with 1911 viewsPinnerPaul

Not sure what happened there.

Original referee obviously injured or ill, but no idea why they asked for an official from the crowd as James (the original referee) WAS fit enough to be 4th official.

Mrs Pinner wanted me to volunteer but I couldn't have enjoyed the 2nd half standing in the tunnel.

Can you imagine me as as 4th - " QPR sub? " 2 on, 1 off? Yep that's fine" and giving the home manager a big hug at FT probably wouldn't have gone down well!

They DID get someone to volunteer though - saw him having his photo taken by the dugouts at the end.

I HAVE officiated on the hallowed turf (Day for Grenfell) so I'm happy with that!
Replacement Referee on 14:00 - Mar 12 with 1907 viewsPinnerPaul

Replacement Referee on 22:49 - Mar 11 by terryb

The substitution hold up was nothing to do with the officials.

We had already used two of our three windows when Drewe went down injured. Ainsworth & company couldn't bring anyone on for Dozzell at that moment, or else we would not have been able to substitute Drewe.

Once they had made up their minds as to the changes, one of our players got conveniently injured so the subs could be made.

Well done Terry, I was going mad screaming at anyone who would listen that we were down to 10 men - I wondered why they didn't just chuck Amos on at the first stoppage!
Replacement Referee on 14:00 - Mar 12 with 1908 viewsNorthernr

Replacement Referee on 13:58 - Mar 12 by PinnerPaul

Not sure what happened there.

Original referee obviously injured or ill, but no idea why they asked for an official from the crowd as James (the original referee) WAS fit enough to be 4th official.

Mrs Pinner wanted me to volunteer but I couldn't have enjoyed the 2nd half standing in the tunnel.

Can you imagine me as as 4th - " QPR sub? " 2 on, 1 off? Yep that's fine" and giving the home manager a big hug at FT probably wouldn't have gone down well!

They DID get someone to volunteer though - saw him having his photo taken by the dugouts at the end.

I HAVE officiated on the hallowed turf (Day for Grenfell) so I'm happy with that!

I've checked this with the media lads this morning because I was sure the lino on Ellerslie Road side must have been a stand in second half - at one point he got a really obvious decision wrong, Lowe went mad, he laughed, changed his mind, flagged the other way, and gave Lowe a big hug! Apparently though, genuine lino.

Anyway the answer is the referee and fourth official swapped around at half time but they then needed a fit and able 'reserve official' to be on hand in case anybody else died in the second half, so that's who the volunteer was.
Replacement Referee on 14:14 - Mar 12 with 1851 viewsNoelmc

Replacement Referee on 14:00 - Mar 12 by Northernr

I've checked this with the media lads this morning because I was sure the lino on Ellerslie Road side must have been a stand in second half - at one point he got a really obvious decision wrong, Lowe went mad, he laughed, changed his mind, flagged the other way, and gave Lowe a big hug! Apparently though, genuine lino.

Anyway the answer is the referee and fourth official swapped around at half time but they then needed a fit and able 'reserve official' to be on hand in case anybody else died in the second half, so that's who the volunteer was.

How do they check 'able' fourth official? Do you have to carry your qualifications with you Paul 'just in case' or could anyone bluff it?
[Post edited 12 Mar 2023 14:15]
Login to get fewer ads

Replacement Referee on 14:15 - Mar 12 with 1844 viewsNorthernr

Replacement Referee on 14:14 - Mar 12 by Noelmc

How do they check 'able' fourth official? Do you have to carry your qualifications with you Paul 'just in case' or could anyone bluff it?

There's a secret handshake.
Replacement Referee on 14:23 - Mar 12 with 1787 viewsLazyFan

Ref went off apparently due to a pulled hamstring; welcome to QPR!

The replacement was poor, very bad indeed. Lino got most things right, 2nd ref was poor and everyone knew it.

Choudhury was very poor; no wonder Watford loses games if you have him in your team. He is not a Champ player at all. Chair or Willock would have totally annihilated him. Lucky for him he only had to face up to Tim and he still got ghosted by.

I would guess that Choudhury knows he's not good enough so, he does all this complaining to try and look a part of the team and 1 time in 5 it will come off and he will be seen as a useful player. But really he's part of their problems. And another loan I see.

Can we have a Referee? Can we have a Referee?

zzzzzzzzzz

Replacement Referee on 14:30 - Mar 12 with 1760 viewsPinnerPaul

Replacement Referee on 14:14 - Mar 12 by Noelmc

No!

You do occasionally get managers/spectators trying to build their argument against you by saying they are a qualified referee.

Just asking them what level they are usually finds them out!
Replacement Referee on 14:31 - Mar 12 with 1756 viewsPinnerPaul

Replacement Referee on 14:00 - Mar 12 by Northernr

Thanks
Replacement Referee on 14:33 - Mar 12 with 1749 viewsPinnerPaul

Replacement Referee on 14:23 - Mar 12 by LazyFan

Ref went off apparently due to a pulled hamstring; welcome to QPR!

The replacement was poor, very bad indeed. Lino got most things right, 2nd ref was poor and everyone knew it.

Choudhury was very poor; no wonder Watford loses games if you have him in your team. He is not a Champ player at all. Chair or Willock would have totally annihilated him. Lucky for him he only had to face up to Tim and he still got ghosted by.

I would guess that Choudhury knows he's not good enough so, he does all this complaining to try and look a part of the team and 1 time in 5 it will come off and he will be seen as a useful player. But really he's part of their problems. And another loan I see.

Can we have a Referee? Can we have a Referee?

I wouldn't say he was poor, but clearly not a s good as the original who me, Clive and many on here think is one of the best at this level.
Replacement Referee on 14:36 - Mar 12 with 1743 viewsdaveB

I thought the ref was fine, we took the piss second half with the timewasting and he actually added it all on at the end as well. Only thing I thought he got wrong was the penalty to Watford which looked blatant at the timer, not see the highlights yet though so may well be wrong
Replacement Referee on 15:39 - Mar 12 with 1655 viewspaulhoop2

I covered this in previous thread

If further injury to a Lino game would have been called off unless a replacement came forward as 4th unable to run line

Poll: Now it’s slightly clearer cut who do you want as manager ?

Replacement Referee on 18:24 - Mar 12 with 1495 viewsFrankRightguard

Replacement Referee on 14:36 - Mar 12 by daveB

I thought the ref was fine, we took the piss second half with the timewasting and he actually added it all on at the end as well. Only thing I thought he got wrong was the penalty to Watford which looked blatant at the timer, not see the highlights yet though so may well be wrong

As he did all afternoon, Pedro went down under the most minimal of contact.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024