Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
QPR Media Team - doing too much? 12:55 - Mar 16 with 6006 viewstoboboly

Not a moan but more of an observation, actually it is a full on moan.

In recent years (since 2010 I reckon) we have far more coverage and content on mediums such as Twitter/Facebook etc.

Some of it is important - team news, links to QPR plus, new signings, departing players etc

Some of it is filler - admin video showing "a day in the life", training ground pics, community interaction, birthday shout outs etc

Some of it should probably be mothballed - players saying sorry for a bad performance (has that ever seen an improved performance the next game), bigging up a single game achievement (recently Drewe but previously Ledesma, Shodipo and a whole host of others whom it was a high point of an otherwise unremarkable career), in depth's with behind the scenes people such as Belk, the Haka/team bonding video's (how is that helping anyone showing a team building exercise?), putting out statements about set piece coaches etc, alternative angle video w@nkathons about beating Watford - why do we have 15 odd go pro's dotted about the ground? Why do we need two people video'ing the players walking round after a win?

We should go back to basics, stop increasing expectation and let the talking be done on the field. Don't give out players Twitter account details, if a player wants to be on Twitter that is up to them but don't tag them in because as soon as something goes wrong it is just abuse from the nutters.

To me it seems like setting yourself up for a fall, the amount of content after the Watford game would have seemed excessive for the majority of PL teams.

Examples - in 24 hours including the final score tweet there have been four tweets after Blackpool. One is Ainsworth's post match, one is an apology, one is the official pics.

Watford - in 24 hours including the final score tweet there are 4x videos of the players/staff post whistle, Ainsworth's post match interview, a reply taking the pi$$ out of the Watford twitter, a selfie from Kakay, the official pics, selfie video of Tim saying it was great to score, 2x good morning tweet with pics, another interview with Ainsworth, retweeting Tim, plugging the highlights, who was your MOTM?, Tim goal video'd from 'all the angles', retweet of Drewe, Drewe/Kakay appreciation tweet, Dykes appreciation tweet, final whistle video.

That is all in 24 hours. Just. Stop. I haven't included the subsequent deluge of content between Monday and ko on Tuesday.

It's not even like we have had a great season with all the bells and whistles. Seems like the club is all fur coat and no knickers. Tell you what, you win the fc king league and I will take as many alternative angles rubbish as you like, but until then give me the basic bits and sod off with the rest.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

QPR Media Team - doing too much? on 13:05 - Mar 16 with 4231 viewsWegerles_Stairs

I do feel sorry for the poor sap having to post their updates after games like Blackpool. It truly is a hiding to nothing.
QPR Media Team - doing too much? on 13:06 - Mar 16 with 4252 viewsE15Hoop

I think its a sign of the hierarchy panicking and generally coming up with ways to try to keep the ship afloat, even though its listing badly, and manuch of the fanbase is becoming very disillusioned very quickly.

i was just about to post that they've made sure to get the GA Birmingham pre-match interview up on site 24 hours earlier than they normally do. I suspect that was to protect our fragile luvvies from making bigger fools of themselves after Tuesday,as well as a hopefully positive sign that the manager was seething and told everyone to keep a low profile this week.
QPR Media Team - doing too much? on 13:06 - Mar 16 with 4248 viewsJuzzie

Media coverage is also fueled by the demand of people wanting it.

Not enough coverage... people will moan
Too much coverage... people will moan

If people don't like it, just ignore it. No one is being forced to watch..... yet....
QPR Media Team - doing too much? on 13:13 - Mar 16 with 4194 viewstoboboly

QPR Media Team - doing too much? on 13:06 - Mar 16 by Juzzie

Media coverage is also fueled by the demand of people wanting it.

Not enough coverage... people will moan
Too much coverage... people will moan

If people don't like it, just ignore it. No one is being forced to watch..... yet....

You say that Juzzie but when it clogs your feed with absolute dross it gets quite frustrating. But also whom are they appealing to? The vast, vast majority of replies to official QPR tweets are dodgy betting accounts and absolute mouth breathers.

QPR Media Team - doing too much? on 13:21 - Mar 16 with 4153 viewsPunteR

I quite like the coverage not that I watch all of it. I just click on what I fancy. The Ale Faulin coverage was good . We all fancy a bit of Faurlin don't we?

I guess the problem is when we're losing all the time while playing rubbish. It starts to grate.
For younger fans though, Twitter, Instagram, FB is the only access to QPR . QPR need to keep that social media profile up to date to keep those younger minds engaged.
Us old c*nts can argue on LFW instead .. lol

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

QPR Media Team - doing too much? on 13:22 - Mar 16 with 4155 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I think it's been brilliant for a few years now. Couldn't be happier with it, and I'd say it's one of the very best things about the club.

I would imagine it's designed to attract new fans and to keep existing fans informed and happy.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

QPR Media Team - doing too much? on 13:23 - Mar 16 with 4151 viewssteveo04

I found the Kakay/Drewe one the worst “ how good was these two” they was ok nothing special run around a lot , what you expect from a footballer. To me they picked out two academy players and say , hey look we promote players from the youth and how great are our coaches.

Everything supporters have been questioning.

The one thing I noticed pre Watford and after was Ainsworth in every club and west London sport he mentioned Ramsey and how good he is and Hall to , I’m finding this more worrying
QPR Media Team - doing too much? on 13:28 - Mar 16 with 4116 viewstoboboly

QPR Media Team - doing too much? on 13:23 - Mar 16 by steveo04

I found the Kakay/Drewe one the worst “ how good was these two” they was ok nothing special run around a lot , what you expect from a footballer. To me they picked out two academy players and say , hey look we promote players from the youth and how great are our coaches.

The one thing I noticed pre Watford and after was Ainsworth in every club and west London sport he mentioned Ramsey and how good he is and Hall to , I’m finding this more worrying

I think it is obvious that the tone is set by those who have messages to send, you're right that if that means we go over the top on a latest youth player or new signing to bolster someone above in a precarious position we double down with all our might.

edit: just like mentioning a set piece coach at the start of this season cos everyone has got sick to the back teeth of us conceding from Every. Single. Corner. It doesn't end up making a jot of difference and we never hear about the guy ever again.
[Post edited 16 Mar 2023 13:30]

Login to get fewer ads

QPR Media Team - doing too much? on 13:29 - Mar 16 with 4096 viewsJuzzie

QPR Media Team - doing too much? on 13:13 - Mar 16 by toboboly

You say that Juzzie but when it clogs your feed with absolute dross it gets quite frustrating. But also whom are they appealing to? The vast, vast majority of replies to official QPR tweets are dodgy betting accounts and absolute mouth breathers.

I don't have twitter so not a problem for me
QPR Media Team - doing too much? on 13:31 - Mar 16 with 4055 viewstoboboly

QPR Media Team - doing too much? on 13:29 - Mar 16 by Juzzie

I don't have twitter so not a problem for me

Is probably the correct answer

It is incredibly useful for other things, I may just have to unfollow the team I spend a shedload of money on. What a time to be a legacy fan.

QPR Media Team - doing too much? on 13:36 - Mar 16 with 4018 viewsPunteR

QPR Media Team - doing too much? on 13:28 - Mar 16 by toboboly

I think it is obvious that the tone is set by those who have messages to send, you're right that if that means we go over the top on a latest youth player or new signing to bolster someone above in a precarious position we double down with all our might.

edit: just like mentioning a set piece coach at the start of this season cos everyone has got sick to the back teeth of us conceding from Every. Single. Corner. It doesn't end up making a jot of difference and we never hear about the guy ever again.
[Post edited 16 Mar 2023 13:30]

Yeh, I hear you on that.
Same with that Andy Belk. It can have the opposite effect. He gets put up on the socials because recruitment was getting questioned ( and rightly so)and the following week some fans want him sacked. I never even heard of the bloke until he got plastered up on the socials.

QPR Media Team - doing too much? on 13:37 - Mar 16 with 4019 viewsCateLeBonR

QPR Media Team - doing too much? on 13:31 - Mar 16 by toboboly

Is probably the correct answer

It is incredibly useful for other things, I may just have to unfollow the team I spend a shedload of money on. What a time to be a legacy fan.

I deleted the app on Tuesday night about goal number 4 I think.
QPR Media Team - doing too much? on 13:41 - Mar 16 with 3971 viewsTheChef

I blame social media and everything having to be content driven...

Even more difficult when the team is going through a terrible spell, but there is a lot to be said for "less is more".

Sadly not a mantra for the modern world we live in.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

QPR Media Team - doing too much? on 13:44 - Mar 16 with 3946 viewstoboboly

QPR Media Team - doing too much? on 13:37 - Mar 16 by CateLeBonR

I deleted the app on Tuesday night about goal number 4 I think.

I never bothered downloading the new one

QPR Media Team - doing too much? on 13:44 - Mar 16 with 3935 viewsBrianMcCarthy

QPR Media Team - doing too much? on 13:36 - Mar 16 by PunteR

Yeh, I hear you on that.
Same with that Andy Belk. It can have the opposite effect. He gets put up on the socials because recruitment was getting questioned ( and rightly so)and the following week some fans want him sacked. I never even heard of the bloke until he got plastered up on the socials.

That really was strange, wasn't it?

I'd heard a lot about him, on here first I think, but after on non-QPR podcasts and he really is rated very highly in the recruitment world, it seems.

As you say, though - nothing on QPR offish about him until the recruitment was called into question and then, pointlessly, I thought, they do a big feature on him, and he cops a load of stick.

Not the wisest decision, but then who could have guessed the (over)reaction from Twitter.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

QPR Media Team - doing too much? on 14:05 - Mar 16 with 3822 viewsngbqpr

QPR Media Team - doing too much? on 13:23 - Mar 16 by steveo04

Maybe it's a bit more innocent than that.

You've got a kid playing his second game, who struggled in his first; another lad who's been in & out of the team for 3-4 seasons, but never been trusted as first choice - they both have good games, so maybe the thinking was, give 'em a confidence boost?

Ainsworth, just maybe, was extending his 'all for one one for all mantra' to coaches in the system he wants to keep onside, and who he knows have been in the firing line - and he wants his unity to message to be applied universally. He actually alluded to Les, Lee, Chris R and Tyler R all having had stick, so he's not dressing it up.

Not every decision is necessarily an edict from the top.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

QPR Media Team - doing too much? on 15:40 - Mar 16 with 3694 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Let’s cut to the chase here...if we were winning regularly, thumping teams, playing them off the park, and on such a roll, that Burnley are looking over their shoulders and Sheffield have run out of adult nappies, then we’d be sucking it up like a hooker when the 6th Fleet are in town!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

QPR Media Team - doing too much? on 16:19 - Mar 16 with 3609 viewsCateLeBonR

QPR Media Team - doing too much? on 13:44 - Mar 16 by toboboly

I never bothered downloading the new one

#QPR APP 2.0 💪
QPR Media Team - doing too much? on 16:23 - Mar 16 with 3591 viewstoboboly

QPR Media Team - doing too much? on 15:40 - Mar 16 by PlanetHonneywood

Let’s cut to the chase here...if we were winning regularly, thumping teams, playing them off the park, and on such a roll, that Burnley are looking over their shoulders and Sheffield have run out of adult nappies, then we’d be sucking it up like a hooker when the 6th Fleet are in town!

Absolutely. If we are playing like Olympian Gods and destroying everyone in our path then I will happily watch a goal video'd through a Fox's Glacier Mint whilst the media man is in a zeppelin.

But, if we have won a game in a miserable, dire season which has consisted of almost 5 months of shockingly amateur football, then don't make out it is the best thing that has ever happened and spam me with selfie's and alt angles and "this was for the fans" soundbites.

QPR Media Team - doing too much? on 18:08 - Mar 16 with 3456 viewsPunteR

QPR Media Team - doing too much? on 16:23 - Mar 16 by toboboly

Absolutely. If we are playing like Olympian Gods and destroying everyone in our path then I will happily watch a goal video'd through a Fox's Glacier Mint whilst the media man is in a zeppelin.

But, if we have won a game in a miserable, dire season which has consisted of almost 5 months of shockingly amateur football, then don't make out it is the best thing that has ever happened and spam me with selfie's and alt angles and "this was for the fans" soundbites.

I will happily watch a goal video'd through a Fox's Glacier Mint whilst the media man is in a zeppelin.

QPR Media Team - doing too much? on 20:17 - Mar 16 with 3360 viewsderbyhoop

How difficult is it to get a Tweet about U18 or B Team games.

B team winning 2-1 @ HT.
No details but it's on flashscore

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

QPR Media Team - doing too much? on 09:45 - Mar 17 with 3055 viewstoboboly

QPR Media Team - doing too much? on 20:17 - Mar 16 by derbyhoop

How difficult is it to get a Tweet about U18 or B Team games.

B team winning 2-1 @ HT.
No details but it's on flashscore

Good point. You wouldn't know we even had a B team or a youth team half the time.

QPR Media Team - doing too much? on 10:10 - Mar 17 with 2979 viewsDieByYourSide

Wider Football Twitter came across the Haka video this week with predictable consequences. Don't help ourselves sometimes.

Poll: And it's hi ho

QPR Media Team - doing too much? on 10:16 - Mar 17 with 2938 viewshertshoops

QPR Media Team - doing too much? on 09:45 - Mar 17 by toboboly

Good point. You wouldn't know we even had a B team or a youth team half the time.

Maybe for my own sanity I should just let the 1st team carry on cocking up in the championship, but go and watch the B team for enjoyment
QPR Media Team - doing too much? on 10:18 - Mar 17 with 2932 viewsToast_R

It appears the club is being ridiculed by online trolls...

Be honest, any other club and we'd be all over it too.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024