Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Do you believe in God? 23:51 - Mar 31 with 6900 viewsqprxtc

Nah.

Or

Maybe

Yeah but nah.

But I was brought up Roman Cathlolic.

F uck that.

I’m agnostic . Who knows. Or cares.

Dear God. Someone should write a great song about that.

Is God gay? Or just happy ?
Do you believe in God? on 00:11 - Apr 1 with 3651 viewsMrSheen

I’d like to, but he’s keeping himself to himself. Keep ‘em peeled.
Do you believe in God? on 00:17 - Apr 1 with 3638 viewsHayesender

All that Catholic nonsense at school put me off religion for life.

Plus the way the nuns treated my mum and others in Ireland back in the day. Horrible fckers.

Now dogs I believe in

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Do you believe in God? on 00:19 - Apr 1 with 3634 viewsqprxtc

Do you believe in God? on 00:11 - Apr 1 by MrSheen

I’d like to, but he’s keeping himself to himself. Keep ‘em peeled.

https://images.app.goo.gl/PbjT6X9UYWcsMixa9
Do you believe in God? on 00:23 - Apr 1 with 3629 viewsqprxtc

Do you believe in God? on 00:17 - Apr 1 by Hayesender

All that Catholic nonsense at school put me off religion for life.

Plus the way the nuns treated my mum and others in Ireland back in the day. Horrible fckers.

Now dogs I believe in

Cats, Dave.

Cats.
Do you believe in God? on 00:25 - Apr 1 with 3613 viewsBoston

Jesus Christ, what a question!

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Do you believe in God? on 00:28 - Apr 1 with 3610 viewsHayesender

Do you believe in God? on 00:25 - Apr 1 by Boston

Jesus Christ, what a question!

Little know fact.

Jesus was gonna be called Bob until Mary stubbed her toe at the registry office

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Do you believe in God? on 00:30 - Apr 1 with 3598 viewsBoston

Do you believe in God? on 00:28 - Apr 1 by Hayesender

Little know fact.

Jesus was gonna be called Bob until Mary stubbed her toe at the registry office

Who told you that...three wise men?

Do you believe in God? on 00:33 - Apr 1 with 3594 viewsloftboy

Completely lost any religion I had the minute I was old enough to realise that no matter what the religion,it’s been written by the rich to keep the poor in line by terrifying them into believing if they don’t follow the book then they will end up in some make believe place called Hell.
How can anyone put the writing of what is basically a fairy story ahead of their own family is beyond me.
Friend I went to school with, family of devout catholics, when he reached 16 he told his mum he didn’t want to go to church anymore, she kicked him out, that compassion for you.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Login to get fewer ads

Do you believe in God? on 00:36 - Apr 1 with 3590 viewsqprxtc

Do you believe in God? on 00:30 - Apr 1 by Boston

Who told you that...three wise men?

Do you believe in God? on 00:44 - Apr 1 with 3556 viewsBoston

Do you believe in God? on 00:33 - Apr 1 by loftboy

Completely lost any religion I had the minute I was old enough to realise that no matter what the religion,it’s been written by the rich to keep the poor in line by terrifying them into believing if they don’t follow the book then they will end up in some make believe place called Hell.
How can anyone put the writing of what is basically a fairy story ahead of their own family is beyond me.
Friend I went to school with, family of devout catholics, when he reached 16 he told his mum he didn’t want to go to church anymore, she kicked him out, that compassion for you.

You full well know that 'Hell', is reserved for season ticket holders.

Do you believe in God? on 01:15 - Apr 1 with 3530 viewsDamo1962

If there is a God...he definitely doesn't like QPR 🤔
Do you believe in God? on 05:10 - Apr 1 with 3413 viewsBushRanger82

Yes, I do.
Do you believe in God? on 08:08 - Apr 1 with 3340 viewsDorse

I like the idea that in, an alternate universe, there is a Web forum called Gods For Words, where the Pantheon is discussing whether they believe in QPR.
[Post edited 1 Apr 2023 8:09]

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Do you believe in God? on 08:33 - Apr 1 with 3303 viewsRs_Holy

Do you believe in God? on 08:41 - Apr 1 with 3295 viewsAirtomoreira

Just about sums it up...

Do you believe in God? on 09:58 - Apr 1 with 3200 viewsTomS

Religious discrimination has been the excuse for too much pain and suffering over the centuries. It still goes on, even today.

Religious belief should be a personal matter, to give those who choose to embrace it peace of mind. The problem with it arises when it is used as a tool to manipulate others, or for political purposes. Creating rules to prevent this happening is easier said than done I suppose.
Do you believe in God? on 10:06 - Apr 1 with 3181 viewsjohann28

The problem is that we've swallowed too much of the Christian anthropomorphic view of God (guy in sky that you pray to etc) which in my view is clearly nonsense. The very word 'God' is a problem, which stems from a German root meaning 'good' (as opposed to evil) which has created a dualism which has almost certainly had a profound effect on Western thinking. If we turn to the Middle East with find names such as Elat (Canaan), Elohim (Hebrew), Alaha (the Aramaic word Jesus used) and of course Allah (Arabic), which stem from roots more correctly translated as Oneness, the All, the Being, thus seeing God as more mystical, the Divine presence in and creative energy of the Universe.
Do you believe in God? on 10:25 - Apr 1 with 3137 viewsSonofpugwash

The universe(this one at least) is too structured to be random - right down to the sub atomic level.
It's got the touch of an engineer about it.Some geezer with a ginormous white beard sitting on a cloud?
Nah.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Do you believe in God? on 11:07 - Apr 1 with 3085 viewsSonofpugwash

How Jesus and co.would have looked like with a smartphone portrait...

#

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Do you believe in God? on 11:32 - Apr 1 with 3063 viewscolinallcars

Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
Dunno what it means but sounds good.
Do you believe in God? on 11:37 - Apr 1 with 3053 viewsBerkoRanger

Do you believe in God? on 05:10 - Apr 1 by BushRanger82

Yes, I do.

And so do I.
Far too many things have happened to me and my family over the years that have convinced me that there is a "Grand Planner" and very little is random.
However, I do struggle with the word "Religion" - mine is a Christian Faith based on life experiences.
Also, God regularly speaks to me - so either He is real - or I need a shrink.
Do you believe in God? on 11:44 - Apr 1 with 3043 viewsstevec

Do you believe in God? on 00:33 - Apr 1 by loftboy

You could actually remove the word religion, replace it with the word environmentalism, and it would still be factually correct.

And on it goes.
Do you believe in God? on 12:13 - Apr 1 with 3002 viewsPlanetHonneywood

In my humble, it isn't so much the deity (or non deity in some faiths) or the central values that are the problems, it's the many charlatans who are deemed 'religious leaders' who are at the root of the many problems down the centuries.

Some of whom are no better than snakeoil salesmen, deft at fleecing their gullible followers out of their hard earned. Of course, some of these religious zealots are plain idiots. If you've ever engaged with the religious right in the US or the Philippines then it's just scary how removed from reality they are.

Once in the US I got in late and as I was flicking through the TV channels, I was listening to this preacher pleading for more money to allow his oddly named church, to continue doing God's work in Africa. I damn near wet myself laughing when he puts up the following message: firstly, he discards the parable of the widow's mite out the window, and promises his flock: the more you give, the greater God's blessings on you and then, I shit you not, he flashes up a picture of his preferred mode of transport to Africa...a private jet!!

Anyway, the Lear didn't put the faithful off, as evidenced by the wedge that flieed in.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Do you believe in God? on 12:16 - Apr 1 with 2994 viewsBushRanger82

Do you believe in God? on 11:37 - Apr 1 by BerkoRanger

And so do I.
Far too many things have happened to me and my family over the years that have convinced me that there is a "Grand Planner" and very little is random.
However, I do struggle with the word "Religion" - mine is a Christian Faith based on life experiences.
Also, God regularly speaks to me - so either He is real - or I need a shrink.

I'm religious. I'm Roman Catholic, love the faith, love Christ, which is why I will be at mass 3.00 on Good Friday, and not at Loftus Rd.
Do you believe in God? on 12:31 - Apr 1 with 2975 viewscolinallcars

There was an old saying something like - some bad things have been done in the name of religion but many, many, more in the absence of religion.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024