Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Team for Friday 11:49 - Apr 4 with 8244 viewsTheChef

If Chair will be fit enough to start, I'd look to go back to the 4231 formation:

Dieng

Kakay Dunne/Dickie Balogun Paal

Field Dozzell/Amos

Chair Johansen/Lowe Willock

Dykes

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Team for Friday on 11:55 - Apr 4 with 4702 viewsGaryBannister86

I'd go

Dieng

Dickie Dunne Balogun Paal

Chair Field Johansen Willock

Dykes Armstrong

And pray.
Team for Friday on 11:56 - Apr 4 with 4701 viewsNorthernr

Man City's.
Team for Friday on 12:02 - Apr 4 with 4661 viewsHunterhoop

There are a few injury doubts so hard to say, but I would go.

Dieng
Dickie Balogun Dunne
Kakay Paal
Field Amos
Willock Chair
Dykes

1) I think a back 3 is safer for us. Can always sub one of the centre halves to bring on a midfielder or forward if we want to change the shape.
2) I think we need Amos’s legs for pressing and I wrong ground against the type of side Preston are
3) Fed up with Martin’s complete immobility
4) Think this side is quite well balanced - as well as it can be - between attack and defence, legs and ball playing
5) NOT A SINGLE LOAN PLAYER and only one player whose contract is up this summer.

Armstrong, Johansen, Lowe off the bench gives us options too if we need to push for a goal.
[Post edited 4 Apr 2023 13:21]
Team for Friday on 12:19 - Apr 4 with 4572 viewstoboboly

I wouldn't pick Balogun again. Cnt.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Team for Friday on 12:21 - Apr 4 with 4570 viewsLoyalitat

Vastly improved ball retention, movement and less of the aimless hoofball will be required if we are to have any chance against Preston, who although they remain as cynical as ever, are playing better football under Ryan Lowe.
Team for Friday on 13:09 - Apr 4 with 4419 viewsterryb

Team for Friday on 12:02 - Apr 4 by Hunterhoop

There are a few injury doubts so hard to say, but I would go.

Dieng
Dickie Balogun Dunne
Kakay Paal
Field Amos
Willock Chair
Dykes

1) I think a back 3 is safer for us. Can always sub one of the centre halves to bring on a midfielder or forward if we want to change the shape.
2) I think we need Amos’s legs for pressing and I wrong ground against the type of side Preston are
3) Fed up with Martin’s complete immobility
4) Think this side is quite well balanced - as well as it can be - between attack and defence, legs and ball playing
5) NOT A SINGLE LOAN PLAYER and only one player whose contract is up this summer.

Armstrong, Johansen, Lowe off the bench gives us options too if we need to push for a goal.
[Post edited 4 Apr 2023 13:21]

I hope you succeed in getting to play all 12 Hunter!

I've no arguement against your 6 reasons though.
Team for Friday on 13:14 - Apr 4 with 4386 viewsHunterhoop

Team for Friday on 13:09 - Apr 4 by terryb

I hope you succeed in getting to play all 12 Hunter!

I've no arguement against your 6 reasons though.

Haha! Damn it. Foiled. Will revise.
Team for Friday on 13:55 - Apr 4 with 4268 viewsQPRConor2000

I would go to a 4-3-3

Dieng

Paal, Dunne, Balogun, Dickie.
Field, Johansen, Dozzell
Chair, Dykes, Willock

Subs: Archer, Lowe, Martin, Adomah, Armstrong, Drewe, Kakay
Login to get fewer ads

Team for Friday on 14:32 - Apr 4 with 4152 viewsAntti_Heinola

Awww. It's so cute you all have these debates every week, as if who plays will make a blind bit of difference. Adorable! I wish I could just smush you all up and eat you for tea.

Bare bones.

Team for Friday on 15:32 - Apr 4 with 4046 viewsAndybrat

Team for Friday on 13:55 - Apr 4 by QPRConor2000

I would go to a 4-3-3

Dieng

Paal, Dunne, Balogun, Dickie.
Field, Johansen, Dozzell
Chair, Dykes, Willock

Subs: Archer, Lowe, Martin, Adomah, Armstrong, Drewe, Kakay

If Tim is fit he should play. Anyone who can score a goal should be an automatic starter. And he actually has that piece of class that can make a difference ( assuming he’s up for it). Ahead of JoJo for me
Team for Friday on 15:45 - Apr 4 with 4000 viewsDorse

Dieng
The chip on Balogun's right shoulder, Balogun, the chip on Balogun's left shoulder
Drewe, the ghost of Dom Ball, anyone but Dozzell, Paal
Chair, the artist formerly known as Willock
Dykes

Subs:
Archer
Connor off the box office
Quentin Bumjoy
Ray Jinghorn
Mr Bananas (if he makes bail)
Flo and Joan
Martin

Lord help us.
[Post edited 4 Apr 2023 15:49]

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Team for Friday on 15:53 - Apr 4 with 3948 viewsNorthantsHoop

I shall take my seat in the upper loft and watch when in the 7th minute Preston score and for the next 83 mins or so our hooped shirts huff and puff a lot while Preston fall about on the floor and do their usual sxxthousery, oh and for good measure we gift them a 2nd goal in added time. Hope springs eternal that we might turn up, who knows!
Team for Friday on 16:02 - Apr 4 with 3917 viewsconnell10

We should really be discussing the teams formations that are playing our relevant relegation candidates, because I'm afraid we are gonna have to rely on others to keep us up.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Team for Friday on 16:08 - Apr 4 with 3896 viewsTheChef

Team for Friday on 14:32 - Apr 4 by Antti_Heinola

Awww. It's so cute you all have these debates every week, as if who plays will make a blind bit of difference. Adorable! I wish I could just smush you all up and eat you for tea.

I know I know but it's like monkeys and typewriters, you throw players and formations in the air and hope that magically it will all click, and we'll win 4-0.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Team for Friday on 16:11 - Apr 4 with 3878 viewsthemodfather

just pick the eleven who want to fight for us, play for the hoops, give 110% , run thru walls and give their all.
not send out fragile, wimps, beaten before they wake up with a losing mindset and grabbing their wages feeling hard done by!
Team for Friday on 16:31 - Apr 4 with 3798 viewsHunterhoop

Team for Friday on 15:53 - Apr 4 by NorthantsHoop

I shall take my seat in the upper loft and watch when in the 7th minute Preston score and for the next 83 mins or so our hooped shirts huff and puff a lot while Preston fall about on the floor and do their usual sxxthousery, oh and for good measure we gift them a 2nd goal in added time. Hope springs eternal that we might turn up, who knows!

This is such a well trodden path now, surely, SURELY, it can’t happen like that again?!
Team for Friday on 16:32 - Apr 4 with 3800 viewsOldPedro

Team for Friday on 16:11 - Apr 4 by themodfather

just pick the eleven who want to fight for us, play for the hoops, give 110% , run thru walls and give their all.
not send out fragile, wimps, beaten before they wake up with a losing mindset and grabbing their wages feeling hard done by!

Do we have 11 who would do that at the moment...??

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Team for Friday on 17:01 - Apr 4 with 3703 viewsGreenbay

Team for Friday on 16:32 - Apr 4 by OldPedro

Do we have 11 who would do that at the moment...??

We did - when we beat Watford.
Team for Friday on 17:29 - Apr 4 with 3624 viewsEastR

Team for Friday on 17:01 - Apr 4 by Greenbay

Revised definition in New Oxford English Dictionary

'False Dawn'

e.g. QPR performance Vs Watford

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Team for Friday on 17:32 - Apr 4 with 3621 viewsHooping_Mad

Deckchairs on the Titanic.

Chairman of the Junior Hoilett appreciation society

Team for Friday on 17:41 - Apr 4 with 3586 viewsterryb

Team for Friday on 17:01 - Apr 4 by Greenbay

Did we? Or was it just that the Watford players cared even less about playing than ours did?
Team for Friday on 18:12 - Apr 4 with 3531 viewsjohann28

So I'm going for 4-3-3

Albert Camus - goalkeeper - did so well in Algeria, handles and distributes well, gets furious at suicidal passes.

Karl Popper - Right Wing back - a bit loose in possession but seriously aggressive going forward, chops attackers if required and not in it for the money.

Karl Marx - Left back - not flashy but shed loads of experience; guaranteed to fight to the end and refreshingly injury-free.

Thomas Aquinas - Centre back. Bit slow but stubborn and immovable and heads everything safely. No getting past him.

Bertrand Russell (Cap) - No nonsense sweeper. Clears the crap nicely. No fkg around and gets in ref's ear when necessary.

Plato - Creative midfield - our flair player - dreamy passes, some speculative, but when gets it right everything ticks nicely and gives everyone else confidence

Aristotle - defensive midfield - neatly complementing Plato, slips ahead, slips behind him when required.

Machiavelli - creative midfield - a bit unpredictable but always has a trick or two up his sleeve, and keen practiser of the dark arts

Nietzsche - forward - wow, what a player, the one even neutrals come to watch. Bit of a dark horse, but that's why we love him. Can switch wings, and great at set-pieces.

Rousseau - forward - Unpredictable but great finisher. Unselfish and creates lots for others, but thumps anything away if close to goal. Loved the celebration in 1789 to see what it meant to him.

Socrates - Perhaps the best striker I've ever seen and whatever anyone says, a potential great youth coach.
[Post edited 4 Apr 2023 18:14]
Team for Friday on 19:03 - Apr 4 with 3416 viewsParkRoyalR

On basis we are not creating any chances and need an extra pair of legs in midfield, and I don't like Kakay & Dickie playing side by side in a flat back 4, plus I'd prefer Dunne for the rough-housing likely from Preston,

I'd either go 4-3-3 or preferably 4-2-3-1 and move Chair back into the 2 to get us moving with the ball from deep

4-3-3
Kakay/Balogun/Dunne/Paal
Tim/Johansen/Field
Chair / Dykes / Willock

4-2-3-1
Kakay/Balogun/Dunne/Paal
Chair/Field
Lowe/Tim/Willock
Dykes

Chair is our best utility player and always puts in 100%, plus can support Ossie in possession, plus Tim can't be trusted to remain focused and concentrate for 90 minutes in the 2 so now's the time for me to move Chair back to get us going like Leon Britton and Joe Allen did for Swansea.
Team for Friday on 19:45 - Apr 4 with 3321 viewsHooping_Mad

Hearing Laird may not be 'available' as he currently considering an offer to become number One Powder Puff girl.

His agent is bitching though as a season is 13 episodes long, each lasting around 11 minutes and Ethan just isn't ready for that kind of commitment.

Apparently there's rumors of another opening on a My little pony venture but it involves a meeting with a man called Harvey to discuss the 'opening'.

I think he should go for it.

Edit: Attempted to embed an image and have failed the Danny Paddox entrance exam. Fetching coat.

Edit 2: Have revised and tried again, all looking good apart from from the grinning idiot.
[Post edited 4 Apr 2023 19:54]

Chairman of the Junior Hoilett appreciation society

Team for Friday on 21:07 - Apr 4 with 3182 viewsjoe90

Jude The Cat

Kakay - Dickie - Balogun - Dunn - Drewe

Field - Chair

Armstrong - Martin - Dykes

I’m going for 1-5-2-3. A debut for Jude, flat back 5, I’ll give Field and Chair free rein of the entire midfield. If we need to defend deep Field can always drop back and Chair can cover the entire midfield. Finally, 3 up top, hopefully one of them will score.

No subs.

Uncle Albert can entertain us at half time with some kick ups.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024