Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Johansen the silent kiss of midfield death 09:08 - Apr 10 with 3371 viewsWestbourneR

Among the many bad things I saw vs Preston for me Stefan Johansen has become possibly the biggest problem.

He doesn’t just do nothing he actively throws other players into the s**t. Weak and hesitant on the ball he waits and waits until it’s totally blatant what he’s going to do and then releases a slow 4 yard backward pass to a defender on his heels. It’s criminal.

He’s also clearly shot physically, so slow and underpowered - lightweight.

Creates zilch.

Such a shame as I LOVED the player I saw in loan but ever since he’s been permanent he’s been absolutely diabolical. So so so poor.

He absolutely must not play - how he gets on ahead of Amos I’ll never know. At least Amos can run and pass.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Johansen the silent kiss of midfield death on 09:13 - Apr 10 with 3317 viewsEsox_Lucius

I would prefer both Amos and Dozzell in front of him. Even Stephen Duke-McKenna or Alex Aroaha would be an improvement I think. I struggle with an elite player being so one footed that it is a liability and actually causes problems in play. Poor from him this season and against PNE, was a liability.
[Post edited 10 Apr 2023 10:49]

The grass is always greener.

Johansen the silent kiss of midfield death on 09:41 - Apr 10 with 3191 viewsThe_Beast1976

Agreed. His performance on Friday, as a supposed seasoned professional and captain of the team, was completely unacceptable. As an absolute minimum he should be leading the team and geeing them up for the battle, but he did nothing. Absolutely NOTHING. In fact, his performance was a disgrace TBH
[Post edited 10 Apr 2023 11:08]
Johansen the silent kiss of midfield death on 10:17 - Apr 10 with 3045 views1JD

This issue with Stefan Johansen is long running, back into Warburton’s time. And I am amazed the club have not recognised it. Painfully slow, weak and lacking in all parts of the defensive side of the game.

His best football at Fulham was part of a 3-man CM, as it provided extra cover for him. He defensive duties were negated, and he could get on the ball and pull the strings.

Yet at QPR, he continually plays alongside Field in a 2-man midfield, and it is a massive part of the problem. It was same under Warburton. The amount of space given to the CM opposition, and how wide open we are the transition it is incredible to watch. The only way he can fit in is part of a 3-man CM. But frankly, he hasn’t deserved to start games for a long time.
Johansen the silent kiss of midfield death on 10:27 - Apr 10 with 3001 viewsdaveB

He's been poor but Amos was just as bad against Birmingham, has to play in a 3 man midfield if you are going to get anything from him
Johansen the silent kiss of midfield death on 10:34 - Apr 10 with 2969 viewsWatfordR

Got to say, the sort of football we are playing, we'd be better off playing 5-0-5. It's hard for a midfield to have much influence when the ball is being wellied from back to front. With the current formation and tactics, our midfield two will always be facing three in opposition at a minimum.
Johansen the silent kiss of midfield death on 10:46 - Apr 10 with 2909 viewsFredManRave

"There was zero midfield to speak of, whatsoever. Some old codger in a Stefan Johansen shirt turned up for his weekly Friday walking football league at the Play Football pitches on South Africa Road, got waved in through the wrong door, and ended up nominally doing 74 minutes."

© Clive Whittingham. 8th of April 2023.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Johansen the silent kiss of midfield death on 11:33 - Apr 10 with 2761 viewsParkRoyalR

Johansen struggles to contribute in a 3 man midfield so playing him in a 2 is poor management,

Dozzell has his critics and is a frustrating player but did a superb man-marking job against Watford's best player, showing the much needed desire and discipline to follow the Managers instructions,

We need a playmaker in the middle someone to open the pitch up so he should be a starter (not sure if injured since Watford game?) ahead of Johansen,

Plus now we have our 2 first choice full-backs available we do not need to play a 3rd CB to plug the Dickie and Kakay weaknesses,

So we need to go back to a 4 man defence with a 4-3-3 or similar with my preferred 3 probably being Field / Dozzell / Tim as Tim will have Chair in front and Laird behind to help cover the space he's prone to leave.
Johansen the silent kiss of midfield death on 12:40 - Apr 10 with 2561 viewsbosh67

I think the injuries have caught up with Stefan.

It's all very well the cavalry returning but they are all atop 3 legged horses programmed to ride towards the glue factory.

There is no doubt that Stefan has been a brilliant player. When he came in with Austin it was just what we needed, but the injuries he has incurred with the very long lay offs means that we just aren't seeing a match fit player anymore.

I don't think there is any lack of effort from Stefan but there is an obvious lack of ways he can change his basic game and adapt to the pace of the game now. Whereas Ale Faurlin continually seemed to reinvent how to play with no legs at all, Stefan doesn't seem to have the same ability. Nor does he have the players around him to carry his lack of pace.

Our magnificent 7 have returned on crippled donkeys wearing unbeknown kick me signs on their backs. However, I can't say that Stefan lacks commitment. His body has seemingly given up over the last year. It's a great shame.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Login to get fewer ads

Johansen the silent kiss of midfield death on 12:51 - Apr 10 with 2497 viewsHooping_Mad

Considering this seasons goal tally, bombing Charlie out instead of Stef looks like a very bad decision indeed.

I know Swindon is league 2 but 4 goals in a game verses Stef who will be lucky to get 4 assists before he retires.

We F**ked up.

Chairman of the Junior Hoilett appreciation society

Johansen the silent kiss of midfield death on 13:05 - Apr 10 with 2431 viewsmart_Goblin

As I’ve said elsewhere I think he is faking it.
He runs around but did he win any first balls …second balls…did you see him organising ..directing …shouting ….geeing his teammates up ?
Nothing . He seems like he feels above ‘all this nonsense’.
And then add the one thing he is supposed to be good at, his passing which has completely gone ..the in I’d pay him up and show him the door .

The worst captain I’ve ever seen in a team void of any sort of leadership skills or attitudes whatsoever .

In the first half on Friday , when we didn’t have the ball, which was all of it , he was dropping in to make a back 6 between Dunne and Paal, leaving Field on his own to cover the whole vast area . There was one pass into the midfield, passed the ‘half pressing’ Field into a Preston midfielder who had the whole of W12 to move into with the ball . Where was Stef? In our back ‘6’.
Even if GA has set this madness up , our captain is experienced enough to take control on the pitch and do the right thing .

Sorry..it’s a sore point. I think Stef has been phoning it in since he signed permanently and he was club captain during our collapse last season too.
[Post edited 10 Apr 2023 13:06]
Johansen the silent kiss of midfield death on 13:07 - Apr 10 with 2413 viewsLazyFan

Wildthing knows JoJo is gone; he said as much after the PNE game, saying...

"We've got a lack of leaders and characters in the squad."

This is aimed at people like JoJo, Balogun and Uncle. They are the old guard and should know better. I think Uncle is trying, but the other two might as well not bother. I would drop them, go with 4 at the back and another up front to go long ball. Playing the ball in behind them, at least moves it away from our goal.

I would also drop Willock as well for Uncle as at least he gets crosses into the box and creates chances on the actual goal, you know, shots on target, as in more than 1, we shall need that first.

zzzzzzzzzz

Johansen the silent kiss of midfield death on 13:21 - Apr 10 with 2355 viewsjoe90

Johansen expired long ago. Not even worth thread on here.
Johansen the silent kiss of midfield death on 13:43 - Apr 10 with 2286 viewsToast_R

Again it's back to the DOF. Has a good loan spell so breaks the bank to sign him. No one else being monitored for that role within the budget then? That's the sound you've been looking for is it?
Johansen the silent kiss of midfield death on 13:50 - Apr 10 with 2226 viewsdaveB

Johansen the silent kiss of midfield death on 13:43 - Apr 10 by Toast_R

Again it's back to the DOF. Has a good loan spell so breaks the bank to sign him. No one else being monitored for that role within the budget then? That's the sound you've been looking for is it?

lets be fair here, we were all screaming for the club to sign Johansen and Warburton was desperate for him to sign as well
Johansen the silent kiss of midfield death on 13:52 - Apr 10 with 2214 viewsCamberleyR

Johansen the silent kiss of midfield death on 12:40 - Apr 10 by bosh67

I think the injuries have caught up with Stefan.

It's all very well the cavalry returning but they are all atop 3 legged horses programmed to ride towards the glue factory.

There is no doubt that Stefan has been a brilliant player. When he came in with Austin it was just what we needed, but the injuries he has incurred with the very long lay offs means that we just aren't seeing a match fit player anymore.

I don't think there is any lack of effort from Stefan but there is an obvious lack of ways he can change his basic game and adapt to the pace of the game now. Whereas Ale Faurlin continually seemed to reinvent how to play with no legs at all, Stefan doesn't seem to have the same ability. Nor does he have the players around him to carry his lack of pace.

Our magnificent 7 have returned on crippled donkeys wearing unbeknown kick me signs on their backs. However, I can't say that Stefan lacks commitment. His body has seemingly given up over the last year. It's a great shame.

True, I think that last injury he picked up at Birmingham in October has sadly finished him.

I think the club will definitely look to come to some arrangement in the summer over the last year of his contract.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Johansen the silent kiss of midfield death on 13:55 - Apr 10 with 2167 viewsGloucs_R

Johansen, Uncle and Martin are all past it. They wouldn't get into another Championship club.

He was shocking against Preston. Lost the ball continuously and offered no physical presence whatsoever.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Johansen the silent kiss of midfield death on 13:56 - Apr 10 with 2165 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Johansen the silent kiss of midfield death on 13:50 - Apr 10 by daveB

lets be fair here, we were all screaming for the club to sign Johansen and Warburton was desperate for him to sign as well

A competent DoF doesn't need to listen to what supporters are saying on Twitter because he's already scouted a better option.
Johansen the silent kiss of midfield death on 13:57 - Apr 10 with 2140 viewstraininvain

Kiss of death suggests the team were doing ok before Johansen returned from injury. As poor as he’s been, we weren’t exactly pulling up trees in his absence.
Johansen the silent kiss of midfield death on 14:01 - Apr 10 with 2098 viewsdaveB

Johansen the silent kiss of midfield death on 13:56 - Apr 10 by Wegerles_Stairs

A competent DoF doesn't need to listen to what supporters are saying on Twitter because he's already scouted a better option.

true but when his manager, the players, the coaching staff and the fans are all saying we should sign him you can see why he did it
Johansen the silent kiss of midfield death on 14:29 - Apr 10 with 1997 viewsLazyFan

Johansen the silent kiss of midfield death on 14:01 - Apr 10 by daveB

true but when his manager, the players, the coaching staff and the fans are all saying we should sign him you can see why he did it

He was great for a while, reverse passes through the opp, dropping in behind, closing down with the press, and organisation the midfield.

International with many caps, worth signing. All that is gone now.
Which means he won't be here next season.

zzzzzzzzzz

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024