Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Summer Transfer Rumours 16:26 - May 9 with 396478 viewsderbyhoop

As they seem to have started already, this should be an ongoing thread until August

Seny Dieng - Reims who are mid table in Ligue 1 reportedly interested
Conor Masterson - Gillingham, where he spent the 2nd half of the season; are confident of signing him, but Exeter are also interested

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Summer Transfer Rumours on 10:20 - Jun 5 with 3765 viewsRangersw12

Roll roll up fire sale in progress everything must go

Don't get how Hoos and Ferdinand are still employed
Summer Transfer Rumours on 10:24 - Jun 5 with 3707 viewsted_hendrix

Goodbye.

Next.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Summer Transfer Rumours on 10:26 - Jun 5 with 3686 viewssparkey

Poor fee, but glad he's going. Mentality strength comparable to a bread stick
Summer Transfer Rumours on 10:38 - Jun 5 with 3591 viewsdmm

Summer Transfer Rumours on 10:02 - Jun 5 by Northernr

Just 700k up front

After the (up to) £1.8m we shelled out for him, that's bleedin' depressing.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 10:47 - Jun 5 with 3526 viewsderbyhoop

Summer Transfer Rumours on 09:00 - Jun 5 by Sakura

I have said in pretty much every post I've made on this thread that the other parts are most likely triggered by appearances and goals in addition to the England cap.

He's played 85 times. Just finished the season as comfortably their top goal scorer. So only the biggest pessimist would think we haven't triggered those or very worst case won't have by the end of this season

It's quite funny to see the mental gymnastics Derby is going through to try and pretend it isn't likely the £4m in add ons will be met if not already

Strange he's being secret about the name of that ex-Wycombe player that went straight into a Prem teams first team and had a career as comparably successful as Eze?!

I can't think of who that would be...

Those suggesting that Eze hasn't had a good enough Palace career to trigger those add ons just doesn't feel credible and I think is evidence of my point that there is a chunk of the fan base who are over the top with their negativity

My response illustrated that add ons in any contract are not guaranteed payments. For all we know we may have already received som extra money for Eze. E.g. After 50 appearances for Palace. There's a big difference between appearances and starts as my brother pointed out to me.
The chances of QPR getting all £4m and getting it all in the next 12 months seems highly unlikely.

And I won't name the player nor the PL club. It
S not fair on either party.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Summer Transfer Rumours on 10:49 - Jun 5 with 3492 viewsNorthernr

Summer Transfer Rumours on 10:38 - Jun 5 by dmm

Development club.

Is there a conversation to be had about how we're managing contracts? Dickie, like BOS and arguably Manning (Hoos disputes this), would have extended his contract at several points over the past few years, now he's got a year left and he's pissed off so we're forced to flog quickly at a loss after a crap season.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 10:58 - Jun 5 with 3404 viewsMonkey_Roots

What a shrewd bit of business.

Well done QPR.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 11:04 - Jun 5 with 3324 viewsdaveB

Summer Transfer Rumours on 10:49 - Jun 5 by Northernr

Development club.

Is there a conversation to be had about how we're managing contracts? Dickie, like BOS and arguably Manning (Hoos disputes this), would have extended his contract at several points over the past few years, now he's got a year left and he's pissed off so we're forced to flog quickly at a loss after a crap season.

would he have signed a new deal if offered a year ago? I'm not so sure. We sold the club to him as a do well and you'll get a move upwards, when you do that it's unlikely they are going to want to stay more than 4 years which is what it would have been if he saw his current deal out

For all the clubs faults they have been really unlucky that covid and the end of big money deals from the championship died at the point we had the likes of Chair, Dickie, Willock and Dieng all playing well.
Login to get fewer ads

Summer Transfer Rumours on 11:11 - Jun 5 with 3266 viewsdaveB

Summer Transfer Rumours on 10:20 - Jun 5 by Rangersw12

Roll roll up fire sale in progress everything must go

Don't get how Hoos and Ferdinand are still employed

Whether they are still here or not this was always going to happen this summer. Ainsworth keeps talking about big changes so plenty are going to leave
Summer Transfer Rumours on 11:22 - Jun 5 with 3212 viewsHunterhoop

Summer Transfer Rumours on 11:04 - Jun 5 by daveB

would he have signed a new deal if offered a year ago? I'm not so sure. We sold the club to him as a do well and you'll get a move upwards, when you do that it's unlikely they are going to want to stay more than 4 years which is what it would have been if he saw his current deal out

For all the clubs faults they have been really unlucky that covid and the end of big money deals from the championship died at the point we had the likes of Chair, Dickie, Willock and Dieng all playing well.

Also the club would have looked like fools if they’d shelled out on a much improved contract offer last summer, which it would have had to be for him to accept after 2 good seasons, only for him to then disintegrate this year into the shell of a centre half he is now.

Everyone would be bemoaning the coin wasted on him and how we’re be lumbered with him for years unless someone bought him.

Yes, it might have meant we could have sold him for more, but perhaps that valuation would have been out of City’s reach and anyone else’s ceiling for him as a player.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 11:24 - Jun 5 with 3196 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Summer Transfer Rumours on 11:04 - Jun 5 by daveB

Bristol City are still getting decent transfer fees for players because (i) they're good and (ii) they can sell them safe in the knowledge that there's a conveyor belt of talent at the club to replace them with. They are actually showing how a development club should work, just as Brentford did. Meanwhile, we're flogging players to them at a loss and signing their cast-offs to cover our striker for a few weeks as we don't have anyone capable of doing so at the club.

And the people responsible for this are still at the club! Absolute clown show.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 11:26 - Jun 5 with 3194 viewsPhildo

Well we watched him all season so could see that any value had been destroyed.

On a separate note I see Charlie Methvin of Sunderland till I die fame has taken over at Charlton.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 11:27 - Jun 5 with 3181 viewsmonners1969

Summer Transfer Rumours on 10:02 - Jun 5 by Northernr

Just 700k up front

and so it begins - deep breath needed for the next few months.... no idea how we will compete next season....
Summer Transfer Rumours on 11:28 - Jun 5 with 3165 viewsRangersw12

Summer Transfer Rumours on 11:22 - Jun 5 by Hunterhoop

Also the club would have looked like fools if they’d shelled out on a much improved contract offer last summer, which it would have had to be for him to accept after 2 good seasons, only for him to then disintegrate this year into the shell of a centre half he is now.

Everyone would be bemoaning the coin wasted on him and how we’re be lumbered with him for years unless someone bought him.

Yes, it might have meant we could have sold him for more, but perhaps that valuation would have been out of City’s reach and anyone else’s ceiling for him as a player.

We should have tried to sell him when he was in good form but Ferdinand and Hoos didn't as they didn't want to be unpopular ( worked out well)

As usual we did the whole "development club " half arsed and poorly executed and we're now selling any assets for pittance.

Every department at the club seems to be experts in self preservation and not putting the club first .
[Post edited 5 Jun 2023 11:30]
Summer Transfer Rumours on 11:32 - Jun 5 with 3134 viewsdaveB

Summer Transfer Rumours on 11:28 - Jun 5 by Rangersw12

We should have tried to sell him when he was in good form but Ferdinand and Hoos didn't as they didn't want to be unpopular ( worked out well)

As usual we did the whole "development club " half arsed and poorly executed and we're now selling any assets for pittance.

Every department at the club seems to be experts in self preservation and not putting the club first .
[Post edited 5 Jun 2023 11:30]

How do you know they didn't try and sell him, you need a buyer to sell someone and his lack of pace meant we were never going to struggle to get big money for him
Summer Transfer Rumours on 11:35 - Jun 5 with 3115 viewsdaveB

Summer Transfer Rumours on 11:24 - Jun 5 by Wegerles_Stairs

Bristol City are still getting decent transfer fees for players because (i) they're good and (ii) they can sell them safe in the knowledge that there's a conveyor belt of talent at the club to replace them with. They are actually showing how a development club should work, just as Brentford did. Meanwhile, we're flogging players to them at a loss and signing their cast-offs to cover our striker for a few weeks as we don't have anyone capable of doing so at the club.

And the people responsible for this are still at the club! Absolute clown show.

They got good money for Alex Scott, most of the other ones they sold and Brentford were before covid

I'm not suggesting we are doing anything right but the club were a bit unlucky and the big mistake they made was having a go in 2021 which we all thought was a great idea at the time
Summer Transfer Rumours on 11:39 - Jun 5 with 3093 viewsJamieNaz

Summer Transfer Rumours on 10:49 - Jun 5 by Northernr

Development club.

I guess.

But, then, if everything is on fire, then whatever strategy they did have with contracts is also on fire.

If we do keep signing 15/16 players every three or four years and then do okay for two and then burn everything to the ground in the next two - then I guess everyone will be coming to the end of their contract term and the whole cycle starts again.

At least it'll be a profit on the books because of amortisation or whatever.

I guess because money was so tight we kind of didn't want to extend when the going was good?
Summer Transfer Rumours on 11:53 - Jun 5 with 2999 viewsterryb

Summer Transfer Rumours on 10:38 - Jun 5 by dmm

I've no idea if this is the correct fee that we paid for him & I won't try to argue that this is anything like what we expected when we signed him in 2020.

BUT, if this figure is correct, we will have a profit of £250,000 on him for the current accounts period! Plus saving on his wages!

Amortisation would have reduced his asset value to £450,000 for this season, so there's a quarter of a million towards Sakura's £6 million savings!
Summer Transfer Rumours on 12:10 - Jun 5 with 2855 viewsDavieQPR

With the players released and the loan players going back most of that £6m would have disappeared. Trouble is that leaves nowt for replacements.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 12:17 - Jun 5 with 2812 viewsdmm

Summer Transfer Rumours on 11:53 - Jun 5 by terryb

I've no idea if this is the correct fee that we paid for him & I won't try to argue that this is anything like what we expected when we signed him in 2020.

BUT, if this figure is correct, we will have a profit of £250,000 on him for the current accounts period! Plus saving on his wages!

Amortisation would have reduced his asset value to £450,000 for this season, so there's a quarter of a million towards Sakura's £6 million savings!

That's a nice positive view Terry but, as has been pointed out many times, the plan was to buy low, develop and sell high. Should this Dickie deal be true, we'll have done the reverse.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 12:24 - Jun 5 with 2749 viewsTK1

Summer Transfer Rumours on 11:32 - Jun 5 by daveB

How do you know they didn't try and sell him, you need a buyer to sell someone and his lack of pace meant we were never going to struggle to get big money for him

A (non-QPR specific) journalist told me that he very nearly signed for Watford last summer, but there was a hurdle at the very last minute (from his end). That partly explains him on the bench at the start of the season, his subsequent form, his general air of depression. This is not gospel truth, it is a rumour. But it would make sense. I imagine there are a lot of nearly-moves that happen every window that we know nothing about (thankfully).
Summer Transfer Rumours on 12:29 - Jun 5 with 2713 viewsRangersw12

Summer Transfer Rumours on 11:32 - Jun 5 by daveB

Ferdinand more or less said in his interview with Clive that the didn't sell anyone as they were " going for it " and if they did the fans would have given them then pelters .

Also Beale only agreed to come to the club if we didn't sell any assets which again shows we haven't a clue what we're doing and now in a position where it's a fire sale

As for a lack of pace I don't see that as a reason why we would couldn't of at least doubled out money on him plus add ons
Summer Transfer Rumours on 12:37 - Jun 5 with 2671 viewsYorkshirehoop

Just throwing a name out there but Keane Lewis potter of Brentford would be a good loan signing.just had surgery and needs game time.would make sense for all parties what with the locality.cleary not premier league standard but at this level he ain't shy in front of goal.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 12:40 - Jun 5 with 2660 viewsqprcmob

Summer Transfer Rumours on 19:07 - Jun 3 by Dorse

We'll get £9.50, in real money, a token for a free Chinese burn and 15% off midweek appointments at Dr Phineas O'Grady's Back, Sack 'n' Crack Emporium.

That sounds like a good deal to me
Summer Transfer Rumours on 12:41 - Jun 5 with 2649 viewsAntti_Heinola

Summer Transfer Rumours on 11:32 - Jun 4 by SimonD

Absolutely my thinking Jim. Someone who couldn't get into Palace's starting eleven, was not going to get a game for England.

He was.
Always.

Bare bones.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024