Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Summer Transfer Rumours 16:26 - May 9 with 396425 viewsderbyhoop

As they seem to have started already, this should be an ongoing thread until August

Seny Dieng - Reims who are mid table in Ligue 1 reportedly interested
Conor Masterson - Gillingham, where he spent the 2nd half of the season; are confident of signing him, but Exeter are also interested

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Summer Transfer Rumours on 09:59 - Jun 6 with 6280 viewsRangersw12

Summer Transfer Rumours on 09:05 - Jun 6 by DWQPR

What can be laid at the door of Andy Belk if how teams like Luton and Ipswich get forwards cheap from the likes of Barnsley and we pay Charlton £2million for Bonne. How we struggle to find a right back whilst Luton, again pick up Amari Bell Free from Blackburn. That Rotherham sign Hugill and we end up with Chris Martin. Whatever his role in recruitment really is I will say that his misses far exceeds his hits.

Depends if he's listened to though doesn't it

For example Beale had his own targets last season which could have been completely different to what Belks were.

Problem is the club talk b*llshit like the Paal nonsense which then backs them into a corner when it all goes wrong

I would like us to solely rely on the recruitment team and get away from manager wants and manager gets
Summer Transfer Rumours on 13:08 - Jun 6 with 5910 viewscaliforniahoop

Summer Transfer Rumours on 09:59 - Jun 6 by Rangersw12

For example Beale had his own targets last season which could have been completely different to what Belks were.

Problem is the club talk b*llshit like the Paal nonsense which then backs them into a corner when it all goes wrong

I would like us to solely rely on the recruitment team and get away from manager wants and manager gets

Nothing to add, 100% correct
Summer Transfer Rumours on 13:09 - Jun 6 with 5898 viewsLazyFan

I am not sure Belks is the problem.
Before, I defended Les and Hoos on the condition they sell players for more than they were bought.

Dickie is a failure on that; Eze is a massive success. However, if they cannot continue to do even moderate successes then either they give us another Eze (probably not gonna happen) or they need to go.

As, at that point we might as well have anyone if they are not gonna increase the value of our player assets and prove that by collecting upon that value.

The sales of Chair and Willoock and Dieng should make that possible, but we shall see and the test will be in the next load of assets if we are still in the Champ at all come end of next season!

zzzzzzzzzz

Summer Transfer Rumours on 13:30 - Jun 6 with 5740 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Summer Transfer Rumours on 13:37 - Jun 5 by Match82

If we had sold him when he was in good form they would have been crucified by the fan base. Very easy to say with hindsight

I don't think so. Most fans understand the model and would welcome big profits on players provided part of it is reinvested in the team. What's difficult to comprehend is positioning QPR as a development club yet producing little to no talent, allowing the few we do develop to run their contracts down, and then signing old stagers like Chris Martin.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 13:36 - Jun 6 with 5704 viewsQPR_Jim

Summer Transfer Rumours on 13:09 - Jun 6 by LazyFan

I am not sure Belks is the problem.
Before, I defended Les and Hoos on the condition they sell players for more than they were bought.

Dickie is a failure on that; Eze is a massive success. However, if they cannot continue to do even moderate successes then either they give us another Eze (probably not gonna happen) or they need to go.

As, at that point we might as well have anyone if they are not gonna increase the value of our player assets and prove that by collecting upon that value.

The sales of Chair and Willoock and Dieng should make that possible, but we shall see and the test will be in the next load of assets if we are still in the Champ at all come end of next season!

What I find strange is that we seem to struggle more in the £1 to £2m signing bracket. We had decent success with free transfers or nominal fee players(Chair, Eze, BoS, Manning, Dieng, Dunne). But when we had money and brought in players like Dickie, Washington, Dykes they've not been as good. Brentford is often cited as an example of how it should be done but they had to pay decent fees for most of their promotion team, with money gained from transfers. With us it's that second phase of reinvesting which has gone wrong.

I'm sure there are more examples and some which go against this but as a general rule it seems to fit. Is this because the more expensive signings are intended for first team use and the manager is more involved? Is it the expectation on the signing or pressure?
Summer Transfer Rumours on 16:58 - Jun 6 with 5330 viewsSakura

Summer Transfer Rumours on 09:59 - Jun 6 by Rangersw12

Well Paal is someone Beale said he used to pick up from school every other Tuesday and used to play 5 aside at Goals with his next door neighbour. But when Belk did his piece to camera a few months ago he claimed Paal was one of his signings as well.
But if you argue that Belk generally isn’t listened to then he needs to be sacked. Because what’s the point in having someone in that position who is a passenger.

As QPR Jim points out we’ve spent real money, significant money in our position on a number of players over the years and not one of them has come off. Belk needs to be putting his neck on the line for some of these signings and if he isn’t pushing through the one’s he really recommends then he literally isn’t worth employing either.

An individual signing you can never criticise him for but when its player after player with millions spent and bugger all in return. The guy needs to go whichever way you look at it he is a failure

Having been at the club since Dowie was manager when we spent significant sums on Borysiuk (£1.5m) Ngbakoto (£2.5m) which were so obviously his signings.

You cant, with a straight face tell me the £4m+ spent on Borysiuk and Ngbakoto were an Ian Holloway signing. You cant say Les went and found them off his own accord and convinced himself on his own. It wasof course Belk!! Its his fault. We should have been rolling that money up into bigger investments like Brentford did

But we went for David Wheeler from Exeter. Brentfortd the same year went for Ollie Watkins who we could have afforded instead.

Belk along with Les carries the most blame for the mess our transfer policy sits in. With the money he has had influence over he nothing to show for it. Sacking Belk would be my number one move this summer if I was Ainsworth
[Post edited 6 Jun 2023 17:04]
Summer Transfer Rumours on 17:57 - Jun 6 with 5127 viewsdistortR

Summer Transfer Rumours on 09:05 - Jun 6 by DWQPR

What can be laid at the door of Andy Belk if how teams like Luton and Ipswich get forwards cheap from the likes of Barnsley and we pay Charlton £2million for Bonne. How we struggle to find a right back whilst Luton, again pick up Amari Bell Free from Blackburn. That Rotherham sign Hugill and we end up with Chris Martin. Whatever his role in recruitment really is I will say that his misses far exceeds his hits.

We're all emotional, but you should leave his missus out of it, mate.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 18:00 - Jun 6 with 5103 viewsQPRConor2000

Seen Sonny Bradley's name pop up a few times for QPR.

Personally think he would be an excellent pick up on a free
Login to get fewer ads

Summer Transfer Rumours on 18:24 - Jun 6 with 4980 viewsTonto

He's 31 though. No sell on value.

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Summer Transfer Rumours on 18:26 - Jun 6 with 4970 viewstkqpr

I would imagine someone like Alistair Smith of Sutton United, just turned 24 in May , voted Young Player of the Year for Sutton, they are very sad to see him go but out of contract in June and will leave on a free, will obviously play at a higher level than League 2 he's in now. A good solid young industrious goalscoring midfielder who can play.

Also believe we should be looking at Regan Poole (ex Man Utd),right sided CB, attracting interest now from Sheff Weds, obviously wants to play higher up the leagues, 24, free & Sean Roughan out of contract at Lincoln, 19, been looked at by Southampton, left sided CB, would demand a fee as under 24 but out of contract.

Lets get back to throwing names about :)
Summer Transfer Rumours on 18:49 - Jun 6 with 4848 viewsMedwayR

Summer Transfer Rumours on 16:58 - Jun 6 by Sakura

Well Paal is someone Beale said he used to pick up from school every other Tuesday and used to play 5 aside at Goals with his next door neighbour. But when Belk did his piece to camera a few months ago he claimed Paal was one of his signings as well.
But if you argue that Belk generally isn’t listened to then he needs to be sacked. Because what’s the point in having someone in that position who is a passenger.

As QPR Jim points out we’ve spent real money, significant money in our position on a number of players over the years and not one of them has come off. Belk needs to be putting his neck on the line for some of these signings and if he isn’t pushing through the one’s he really recommends then he literally isn’t worth employing either.

An individual signing you can never criticise him for but when its player after player with millions spent and bugger all in return. The guy needs to go whichever way you look at it he is a failure

Having been at the club since Dowie was manager when we spent significant sums on Borysiuk (£1.5m) Ngbakoto (£2.5m) which were so obviously his signings.

You cant, with a straight face tell me the £4m+ spent on Borysiuk and Ngbakoto were an Ian Holloway signing. You cant say Les went and found them off his own accord and convinced himself on his own. It wasof course Belk!! Its his fault. We should have been rolling that money up into bigger investments like Brentford did

But we went for David Wheeler from Exeter. Brentfortd the same year went for Ollie Watkins who we could have afforded instead.

Belk along with Les carries the most blame for the mess our transfer policy sits in. With the money he has had influence over he nothing to show for it. Sacking Belk would be my number one move this summer if I was Ainsworth

You could argue the other way that Chery was a Belk signing that paid off handsomely, but the truth is we'll never know for sure who to credit/blame for each signing. The club probably like it that way too.

I seem to recall we were in for Watkins too but couldn't afford both, so we went for the cheaper option (Wheeler) which was a bad choice in hindsight. I have a feeling we did similar with Ipswich and Dozzell/Downes, again we made the wrong choice. Basically, whatever decision we make, we should do the opposite!!

Our signings haven't been good enough I agree, but who to blame, replace etc isn't so clear for me.

Poll: Who’s better?

Summer Transfer Rumours on 18:52 - Jun 6 with 4839 viewsThird_Division_South

Summer Transfer Rumours on 18:00 - Jun 6 by QPRConor2000

Seen Sonny Bradley's name pop up a few times for QPR.

Personally think he would be an excellent pick up on a free

Not very likely, he’s moving back up to Hull to be near his family. Derby seems like the favourite destination atm
Summer Transfer Rumours on 19:27 - Jun 6 with 4742 viewsQPROslo

Maybe already posted but there are rumours supposedly sourced by the Mail, that Burnley, Blackburn and Stoke are all interested in Dykes
Summer Transfer Rumours on 19:33 - Jun 6 with 4700 viewsderbyhoop

Summer Transfer Rumours on 16:58 - Jun 6 by Sakura

What makes you believe that we paid £4m+ for Borysiuk and Ngbakoto?
Only place I found Dany wherec near those figures is Transfermarkt, which is just guesswork. Nothing on BBC nor Sky.

And to blame Belk, alone, when one was a Polish international and the other a French U23 player implies that Ferdinand et al knew nothing about them.

Bell's job is to identify targets within parameters set by the executive and input to discussions as to whether re commendations are adopted.
[Post edited 6 Jun 2023 19:37]

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Summer Transfer Rumours on 20:03 - Jun 6 with 4549 viewsLoyalitat

Summer Transfer Rumours on 19:27 - Jun 6 by QPROslo

Maybe already posted but there are rumours supposedly sourced by the Mail, that Burnley, Blackburn and Stoke are all interested in Dykes

Lyndon to Burnley, when they've got Weghorst to come back from his loan at Man Utd. Not believing that one.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 20:06 - Jun 6 with 4523 viewsdmm

Summer Transfer Rumours on 19:33 - Jun 6 by derbyhoop

What makes you believe that we paid £4m+ for Borysiuk and Ngbakoto?
Only place I found Dany wherec near those figures is Transfermarkt, which is just guesswork. Nothing on BBC nor Sky.

And to blame Belk, alone, when one was a Polish international and the other a French U23 player implies that Ferdinand et al knew nothing about them.

Bell's job is to identify targets within parameters set by the executive and input to discussions as to whether re commendations are adopted.
[Post edited 6 Jun 2023 19:37]

I'm almost certain Ariel Borysiuk cost £800k from Legia Warsaw and Yeni Ngbakoto £1.5m from FC Metz.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 20:26 - Jun 6 with 4397 viewsMedwayR

Summer Transfer Rumours on 20:06 - Jun 6 by dmm

I'm almost certain Ariel Borysiuk cost £800k from Legia Warsaw and Yeni Ngbakoto £1.5m from FC Metz.

Sounds about right to me.

Poll: Who’s better?

Summer Transfer Rumours on 22:57 - Jun 6 with 4018 viewsderbyhoop

Allegedly, Burnley, Blacburn and Stoke interested in Dykes.

Not sure i believe it, but competition would help drive up any selling price. If we decide he wont sign a new contract so, like Dickie, sell now or lose him for nothing.

Summer Transfer Rumours on 23:40 - Jun 6 with 3891 viewsLblock

Summer Transfer Rumours on 20:26 - Jun 6 by MedwayR

Sounds about right to me.

Sounds WRONG to me!!! So, so, so WRONG!

Lets face it.
The transfer policy at this club has been a trainwreck for decades.
I actually have no idea how we are still in existence

We are pissing money out the door on a bunch of w@nkers both on and off the field

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Summer Transfer Rumours on 06:37 - Jun 7 with 3692 viewsArcticHoop

Summer Transfer Rumours on 20:03 - Jun 6 by Loyalitat

Lyndon to Burnley, when they've got Weghorst to come back from his loan at Man Utd. Not believing that one.

One rumour is that Dyche want Wieghorst to Everton. He brought him to Burnley,so could be true. Burnley already let Barnes go to Norwich and if they sell Wieghorst they need a target man. I´m pretty sure that Dykes is not PL standard player,but if Burnley want him,pay decent fee let them have him.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 06:55 - Jun 7 with 3652 viewsdistortR

Summer Transfer Rumours on 06:37 - Jun 7 by ArcticHoop

One rumour is that Dyche want Wieghorst to Everton. He brought him to Burnley,so could be true. Burnley already let Barnes go to Norwich and if they sell Wieghorst they need a target man. I´m pretty sure that Dykes is not PL standard player,but if Burnley want him,pay decent fee let them have him.

That Burnley may want Dykes kind of forgets that Dyche isn't there anymore.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 07:21 - Jun 7 with 3600 viewsdmm

Summer Transfer Rumours on 23:40 - Jun 6 by Lblock

Sounds WRONG to me!!! So, so, so WRONG!

Lets face it.
The transfer policy at this club has been a trainwreck for decades.
I actually have no idea how we are still in existence

We are pissing money out the door on a bunch of w@nkers both on and off the field

In general, I don't disagree but we were supposed to have got around £3m for Ngbakoto when we sold him to Guingamp. Borysiuk however had his contract cancelled by mutual consent.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 09:40 - Jun 7 with 3342 viewsbosh67

I saw something on Facebook showing that we currently have a first team squad of 21 players, including 4 goal keepers. Although Kelman wasn't on the list. With him that's 22 and 18 outfield players.

If Dieng and another keeper leave, Willock, Chair, Dykes and possibly Martin leaving, that leaves a squad of 16 senior players and you have to wonder if Stefan stays? The alarming thing is that it leaves Dozzell and a few others as our go to players next season.

I think Gareth wanted a slimmer senior squad and then academy players so that still leaves us potentially needing 7-8 senior players in over the next few months. Not an easy task.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Summer Transfer Rumours on 10:17 - Jun 7 with 3229 viewshoopdog

Summer Transfer Rumours on 13:08 - Jun 6 by californiahoop

Nothing to add, 100% correct

Who is Andy Belks . Al
Summer Transfer Rumours on 12:50 - Jun 7 with 2926 viewscaliforniahoop

Summer Transfer Rumours on 18:49 - Jun 6 by MedwayR

You could argue the other way that Chery was a Belk signing that paid off handsomely, but the truth is we'll never know for sure who to credit/blame for each signing. The club probably like it that way too.

I seem to recall we were in for Watkins too but couldn't afford both, so we went for the cheaper option (Wheeler) which was a bad choice in hindsight. I have a feeling we did similar with Ipswich and Dozzell/Downes, again we made the wrong choice. Basically, whatever decision we make, we should do the opposite!!

Our signings haven't been good enough I agree, but who to blame, replace etc isn't so clear for me.

Too funny
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024