Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Summer Transfer Rumours 16:26 - May 9 with 396362 viewsderbyhoop

As they seem to have started already, this should be an ongoing thread until August

Seny Dieng - Reims who are mid table in Ligue 1 reportedly interested
Conor Masterson - Gillingham, where he spent the 2nd half of the season; are confident of signing him, but Exeter are also interested

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Summer Transfer Rumours on 22:31 - Jun 7 with 6820 viewskensalriser

A world in which Dykes goes to Burnley would be strange and perhaps even wonderful, but it's not the one we inhabit.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Summer Transfer Rumours on 14:36 - Jun 8 with 6186 viewsdaveB

Summer Transfer Rumours on 09:40 - Jun 7 by bosh67

I saw something on Facebook showing that we currently have a first team squad of 21 players, including 4 goal keepers. Although Kelman wasn't on the list. With him that's 22 and 18 outfield players.

If Dieng and another keeper leave, Willock, Chair, Dykes and possibly Martin leaving, that leaves a squad of 16 senior players and you have to wonder if Stefan stays? The alarming thing is that it leaves Dozzell and a few others as our go to players next season.

I think Gareth wanted a slimmer senior squad and then academy players so that still leaves us potentially needing 7-8 senior players in over the next few months. Not an easy task.

not really a shock though, I thought it was pretty obvious we'd be signing 7/8 players this window, we sign at least that many every summer
Summer Transfer Rumours on 20:06 - Jun 8 with 5732 viewsArcticHoop

Something interesting from Iroegbunams Instagram. today He might hint another season with us "We go harder next season". and Dunne reply "Can’t wait to have you back mate x"
Summer Transfer Rumours on 20:44 - Jun 8 with 5614 viewsdmm

Summer Transfer Rumours on 20:06 - Jun 8 by ArcticHoop

Something interesting from Iroegbunams Instagram. today He might hint another season with us "We go harder next season". and Dunne reply "Can’t wait to have you back mate x"

I'd have him back. He'll have learned about the division last season and be better for it. If used as a box to box CM rather than a DCM he'd be a good asset.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 20:48 - Jun 8 with 5582 viewsOakR

Summer Transfer Rumours on 20:44 - Jun 8 by dmm

I'd have him back. He'll have learned about the division last season and be better for it. If used as a box to box CM rather than a DCM he'd be a good asset.

I'd have him back as well. Got hard for him of course, but stil didn't shy away from the ball.

I still think he has huge potential box to box. Sadly it looks like we might be bypassing midfield entirely so I'm not sure how he will fit into that.

Poll: Will we stay up?

Summer Transfer Rumours on 21:53 - Jun 8 with 5306 viewsnumptydumpty

Summer Transfer Rumours on 20:48 - Jun 8 by OakR

I'd have him back as well. Got hard for him of course, but stil didn't shy away from the ball.

I still think he has huge potential box to box. Sadly it looks like we might be bypassing midfield entirely so I'm not sure how he will fit into that.

He did get bit of stick from some occasionally which I found hard to understand

Most of our loans last season were abysmal. He was the best by far and still only a teenager.

Love to have him here next season as do believe he will really kick in but as we all aware our stock is very low currently

Can see him being at a more fancied championship club on loan this season.
[Post edited 8 Jun 2023 21:54]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

Summer Transfer Rumours on 22:28 - Jun 8 with 5171 viewsGloucs_R

Summer Transfer Rumours on 20:44 - Jun 8 by dmm

Where would you play him in a 4231 or 433? As I suspect that's what we'll be playing next season

Poll: Are we staying up?

Summer Transfer Rumours on 06:27 - Jun 9 with 4837 viewsdmm

Summer Transfer Rumours on 22:28 - Jun 8 by Gloucs_R

Where would you play him in a 4231 or 433? As I suspect that's what we'll be playing next season

It may partly depend on what the squad looks like and also on who we're playing - Ains seems to favour a 'horses for courses' approach. Probably wide right of a midfield 3.
Login to get fewer ads

Summer Transfer Rumours on 07:47 - Jun 9 with 4660 viewsDubaiR

Agree on the right of a 3. Question is if we keep Field, play him on the left due to being left footed or in the central role?

Personally would like us to get a dynamic box to box CM and have field and Tim either side.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 07:51 - Jun 9 with 4647 viewsHunterhoop

Summer Transfer Rumours on 07:47 - Jun 9 by DubaiR

Agree on the right of a 3. Question is if we keep Field, play him on the left due to being left footed or in the central role?

Personally would like us to get a dynamic box to box CM and have field and Tim either side.

If you play a back 4 and a midfield 3, the bloke in the middle has to be defensively minded and hold, so that’s Field. If you don’t our defence will be ripped apart. You can’t protect the defence from wide left in a 3 man midfield. If you want a box to box midfielder in the middle, you need to play a diamond of box shaped 4 man midfield or a 4231. The old days of a 442 with a 4 and an 8 in the middle are gone.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 08:01 - Jun 9 with 4628 viewsDubaiR

A diamond may actually suit us better, if you look at what we have.

Field
Tim Wing
Richards

Also means we don't have to find 3 forward players which cost more money.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 08:11 - Jun 9 with 4590 viewsTK1

"I'd have him back as well. Got hard for him of course"
Blimey. Think this might be for a different website?
Summer Transfer Rumours on 08:14 - Jun 9 with 4573 viewsBklynRanger

Summer Transfer Rumours on 21:53 - Jun 8 by numptydumpty

He did get bit of stick from some occasionally which I found hard to understand

Most of our loans last season were abysmal. He was the best by far and still only a teenager.

Love to have him here next season as do believe he will really kick in but as we all aware our stock is very low currently

Can see him being at a more fancied championship club on loan this season.
[Post edited 8 Jun 2023 21:54]

It was more than a bit of stick sometimes though wasn't it? There was a period of a month or two when he being picked because he was our only midfielder with legs, but every time he got it he was giving it away.

I think by the time we got to the end of the season two things had happened:

He'd been played a bit further forward, as he should have been and not relied on to be the complete midfielder at this stage.

He'd been present more than most and kept going - which compared to the rest was a huge positive, plus his celebration after the goals.

Would be a pleasant surprise if he's still here next season.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 08:24 - Jun 9 with 4542 viewsdavman

Summer Transfer Rumours on 08:14 - Jun 9 by BklynRanger

It was more than a bit of stick sometimes though wasn't it? There was a period of a month or two when he being picked because he was our only midfielder with legs, but every time he got it he was giving it away.

He'd been played a bit further forward, as he should have been and not relied on to be the complete midfielder at this stage.

He'd been present more than most and kept going - which compared to the rest was a huge positive, plus his celebration after the goals.

Come on. 1. He will not be cheap. 2. There was a game under our current manager where he touched the ball less than 10 times and completed no passes.

No way on earth will Villa let him back here.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Summer Transfer Rumours on 08:51 - Jun 9 with 4460 viewsBklynRanger

Summer Transfer Rumours on 08:24 - Jun 9 by davman

Come on. 1. He will not be cheap. 2. There was a game under our current manager where he touched the ball less than 10 times and completed no passes.

No way on earth will Villa let him back here.

I did say 'if' - am only going by that reported exchange with Dunne above.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 09:13 - Jun 9 with 4395 viewsterryb

It might have been Dunne welcoming Tim back from the operation that he required! He arrived back at Villa & they immediately arranged for him to go under the knife.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 09:41 - Jun 9 with 4264 viewsAntti_Heinola

I liked him, but I never got hard for him. Not at matches anyway.

Bare bones.

Summer Transfer Rumours on 09:56 - Jun 9 with 4196 viewsdistortR

Summer Transfer Rumours on 08:14 - Jun 9 by BklynRanger

Her's got talent, and looked ok at times among the dross, but his habit of letting players run off him - all season - boiled my piss at times.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 11:45 - Jun 9 with 3946 viewsdmm

Summer Transfer Rumours on 09:56 - Jun 9 by distortR

Her's got talent, and looked ok at times among the dross, but his habit of letting players run off him - all season - boiled my piss at times.

It's a funny old saying 'boiled my piss'. Can't say I've ever tried doing it. Has anyone had a go?
Summer Transfer Rumours on 12:00 - Jun 9 with 3849 viewsNorthernr

I would have thought the mere mention of ever setting foot in Loftus Road ever again would have brought the poor boy out in terror sweats.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 15:53 - Jun 9 with 3497 viewsaston_hoop

I doubt we'll be getting Tim back, wouldn't be surprised if he stays at Villa for the first half of the season at least and maybe gets 10 appearances with their being Conference League group stage football and League cup matches. A chance for Unai Emery to look at him before either loaning him out in Jan or keeping him. If there was a chance, I definitely wouldn't say no though.

BUT....would love us to sign at least one midfielder this summer who can make those runs into the box and add goals. It was his one big strength for me. Luke Amos on the rare occasions he was fit could do it too. Hope we can identify someone who can do that. We need all the goals we can get and we always seem to be lacking in midfield

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Summer Transfer Rumours on 16:22 - Jun 9 with 3391 viewsBklynRanger

Summer Transfer Rumours on 11:45 - Jun 9 by dmm

It's a funny old saying 'boiled my piss'. Can't say I've ever tried doing it. Has anyone had a go?

Mountaineers must be at it all the time.

He did loose more men than Napoleon, Distort - cannot argue with that.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 16:38 - Jun 9 with 3301 viewsdistortR

Summer Transfer Rumours on 16:22 - Jun 9 by BklynRanger

Mountaineers must be at it all the time.

He did loose more men than Napoleon, Distort - cannot argue with that.

He reminds me of myself looking for something I just put down after wobbling into the house pissed. "I'm sure it was there a minute ago.."
As I just have, Manx national holiday today, probably the only place in the world to have a bank holiday to enable people to watch a motorbike race, which now happens on Saturday anyway! How good is that!!

Summer Transfer Rumours on 19:03 - Jun 9 with 3051 viewsLblock

Summer Transfer Rumours on 15:53 - Jun 9 by aston_hoop

I doubt we'll be getting Tim back, wouldn't be surprised if he stays at Villa for the first half of the season at least and maybe gets 10 appearances with their being Conference League group stage football and League cup matches. A chance for Unai Emery to look at him before either loaning him out in Jan or keeping him. If there was a chance, I definitely wouldn't say no though.

BUT....would love us to sign at least one midfielder this summer who can make those runs into the box and add goals. It was his one big strength for me. Luke Amos on the rare occasions he was fit could do it too. Hope we can identify someone who can do that. We need all the goals we can get and we always seem to be lacking in midfield

Strength?

I think he got 2 goals and another 4 shots on target across the whole season?!

He’ll be a great player but I thought his time with us was shocking
As was Luke Amos. Period

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Summer Transfer Rumours on 19:44 - Jun 9 with 2926 viewsBklynRanger

Summer Transfer Rumours on 16:38 - Jun 9 by distortR

He reminds me of myself looking for something I just put down after wobbling into the house pissed. "I'm sure it was there a minute ago.."
As I just have, Manx national holiday today, probably the only place in the world to have a bank holiday to enable people to watch a motorbike race, which now happens on Saturday anyway! How good is that!!

Must be some scene. My people have the North West 200. I spent years of my childhood summers in caravans and tents close to the course but somehow have still never seen it. Must correct that.
[Post edited 9 Jun 2023 19:45]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024