Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Summer Transfer Rumours 16:26 - May 9 with 396452 viewsderbyhoop

As they seem to have started already, this should be an ongoing thread until August

Seny Dieng - Reims who are mid table in Ligue 1 reportedly interested
Conor Masterson - Gillingham, where he spent the 2nd half of the season; are confident of signing him, but Exeter are also interested

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Summer Transfer Rumours on 12:30 - Jun 12 with 6929 viewsterryb

Summer Transfer Rumours on 10:25 - Jun 12 by QPR_John

"but the EFL is a membership body where ALL clubs have to abide by the rules that have been approved by the clubs at an AGM or EGM."

Not if those rules are contrary to the law. FFP has never been challenged in the courts for many obvious reasons. Lets hope Manchester City with their financial clout can drive a coach and horses through it. Your last paragraph sums up nicely why FFP has not been challenged.

"There are other competitions available, The National League, Southern League, Isthmian League etc, not that any EFL clubs would wish to join them!"

You answer my point re there is no other competition. No club would expel themselves from the top 4 divisions.
[Post edited 12 Jun 2023 10:26]

I think you are contradicting yourself over law.

In law, they would be alternative competitions. That no EFL club would wish to join them & that they are "inferior" would not matter, they are in exsistence. Not wishing to join them is a reason why FFP should be followed by clubs.

I suspect that many of the rules of Lloyds of London are contrary to law, but members still have to adhere to them.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 12:44 - Jun 12 with 6837 viewsderbyhoop

This thread is supposed to be about Summer Transfers rather than speculation about clubs' financial shenanigans.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Summer Transfer Rumours on 13:01 - Jun 12 with 6739 viewsterryb

Summer Transfer Rumours on 12:44 - Jun 12 by derbyhoop

This thread is supposed to be about Summer Transfers rather than speculation about clubs' financial shenanigans.

My apologies Derby. I got sucked in!
Summer Transfer Rumours on 13:07 - Jun 12 with 6680 viewsQPR_John

Summer Transfer Rumours on 12:30 - Jun 12 by terryb

I think you are contradicting yourself over law.

In law, they would be alternative competitions. That no EFL club would wish to join them & that they are "inferior" would not matter, they are in exsistence. Not wishing to join them is a reason why FFP should be followed by clubs.

I suspect that many of the rules of Lloyds of London are contrary to law, but members still have to adhere to them.

Not disputing that all I am saying is that the lower leagues are not a viable alternative to the top four divisions in reality if so in law and as such not an argument in support of FFP. Still as has been pointed out this is a thread about transfers so let’s leave it as that
[Post edited 12 Jun 2023 13:08]
Summer Transfer Rumours on 13:12 - Jun 12 with 6643 viewsderbyhoop

Summer Transfer Rumours on 13:01 - Jun 12 by terryb

My apologies Derby. I got sucked in!

Fair enough.
If people want to discuss other EFL clubs finances, start another thread.

Summer Transfer Rumours on 13:12 - Jun 12 with 6629 viewsDannyPaddox

Agreed. There should be a separate thread for contractual minutiae. I visit this thread to read stuff like “mate works in a pet shop in Acton, young West Ham reserve centre-forward Divin Mubama just came in and bought all the tropical fish, says he’s moving local for a year - season-long loan?

Only decent rumour has been the Wycombe player renewing his gym membership and that was on another thread and from a Wycombe supporter - top work fella!
Summer Transfer Rumours on 13:15 - Jun 12 with 6607 viewsAndybrat

My fault for initiating, it was originally directly connected but so many great people on here that it took its own journey, So much actual silence about anything specific.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 13:44 - Jun 12 with 6414 viewsGloucs_R

I agree, let's get back to talking about non-existent, clickbait articles linking us with who we "should" buy.... 😁

Poll: Are we staying up?

Login to get fewer ads

Summer Transfer Rumours on 13:58 - Jun 12 with 6294 viewsArcticHoop

Less than two weeks when pre season starts and hoping at least couple of new signings before that. Rumour mill has been very quiet lately. Only rumours i have seen are from one of the QPR supporters Facebook page and actually nothing new there either. Same names mentioned (House, Wing, Brannagan, Isted, Clarke-Harris)
[Post edited 12 Jun 2023 13:59]
Summer Transfer Rumours on 14:04 - Jun 12 with 6256 viewsGloucs_R

Summer Transfer Rumours on 13:58 - Jun 12 by ArcticHoop

Less than two weeks when pre season starts and hoping at least couple of new signings before that. Rumour mill has been very quiet lately. Only rumours i have seen are from one of the QPR supporters Facebook page and actually nothing new there either. Same names mentioned (House, Wing, Brannagan, Isted, Clarke-Harris)
[Post edited 12 Jun 2023 13:59]

Free transfers in 19 days....

Poll: Are we staying up?

Summer Transfer Rumours on 14:54 - Jun 12 with 6057 viewsTheChef

Summer Transfer Rumours on 14:04 - Jun 12 by Gloucs_R

Free transfers in 19 days....

Exactly, not much happening till 1st July.

Until then, more clickbait unrealistic transfer links please!

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Summer Transfer Rumours on 15:26 - Jun 12 with 5884 viewsAntti_Heinola

I don't even think there'll be much then. I think our business is going to happen very late and there's going to be a lot of panic...

Bare bones.

Summer Transfer Rumours on 16:10 - Jun 12 with 5647 viewsSakura

Summer Transfer Rumours on 14:54 - Jun 12 by TheChef

Exactly, not much happening till 1st July.

Until then, more clickbait unrealistic transfer links please!

Domestic Transfer window opens the Wednesday. 14th June!!

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12893159/summer-transfer-window-20
Its signing players from abroad that sticks to the 1st July transfer window.

So Dickie’s sale goes through officially as of Wednesday and he’s off the wage bill.
Any free transfers can be expected between now and 1st July.

It was 17th June that Paal signed last year and 19th June 22 that Clarke Salter signed last year. So I’m anticipating something similar this year as not many pro’s want to sit without a club and without a wage.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 16:14 - Jun 12 with 5633 viewsfrancisbowles

Summer Transfer Rumours on 15:26 - Jun 12 by Antti_Heinola

I don't even think there'll be much then. I think our business is going to happen very late and there's going to be a lot of panic...

Agree players who are free agents will be trying to get better deals than their first offer. They and their agents will be reluctant to rush into anything.

There will be panic from clubs and players who get more desperate in the later stages of the window.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 21:47 - Jun 12 with 5087 viewsdavman

Summer Transfer Rumours on 16:14 - Jun 12 by francisbowles

Agree players who are free agents will be trying to get better deals than their first offer. They and their agents will be reluctant to rush into anything.

There will be panic from clubs and players who get more desperate in the later stages of the window.

If that first statement is true, we'll be sure to lose out on any semi-decent signings as most Champ clubs will be able to pay more that a bag of wotsits and a curly wurly...

If we are panic buying as late as August, God Help us!

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Summer Transfer Rumours on 22:35 - Jun 12 with 4898 viewsDannyPaddox

❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓
Summer Transfer Rumours on 06:58 - Jun 13 with 4532 viewsdmm

Summer Transfer Rumours on 22:35 - Jun 12 by DannyPaddox

❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓

James Perch?
Summer Transfer Rumours on 07:10 - Jun 13 with 4506 viewsBklynRanger

Alex Salmond in as DoF?
Summer Transfer Rumours on 07:47 - Jun 13 with 4410 viewsloftboy

So after 18 pages we still have no rumours!

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Summer Transfer Rumours on 07:59 - Jun 13 with 4377 viewsHoopstar

Will Fish?

Probably more likely to be coaxing John Scales out of retirement
Summer Transfer Rumours on 08:42 - Jun 13 with 4260 viewsTheChef

Summer Transfer Rumours on 16:10 - Jun 12 by Sakura

Domestic Transfer window opens the Wednesday. 14th June!!

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12893159/summer-transfer-window-20
Its signing players from abroad that sticks to the 1st July transfer window.

So Dickie’s sale goes through officially as of Wednesday and he’s off the wage bill.
Any free transfers can be expected between now and 1st July.

It was 17th June that Paal signed last year and 19th June 22 that Clarke Salter signed last year. So I’m anticipating something similar this year as not many pro’s want to sit without a club and without a wage.

Well I thought it was the case that most players' contracts expire on 30th June. Domestically anyway.

Can't see us playing much in the overseas market, especially no thanks to Brexit.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Summer Transfer Rumours on 13:23 - Jun 13 with 3841 viewsDavieQPR

There are 159 Championship players out of contract on 1st July plus loads from lower leagues. Agents are not going to be that fussy for most of those.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 14:42 - Jun 13 with 3578 viewsSakura

Summer Transfer Rumours on 08:42 - Jun 13 by TheChef

Well I thought it was the case that most players' contracts expire on 30th June. Domestically anyway.

Can't see us playing much in the overseas market, especially no thanks to Brexit.

Some may be on 30th June as that used to be the more common date. But our two free transfers last year were in line with the mid June date so we will see I guess
As for your Brexit point, 1.2 million people migrated to UK last year. Higher than at any stage than pre-Brexit!!!

A well paid professional has trouble getting in tells you everything you need to know about the ruling elites priorities. The Blob aren’t interested in letting well paid professionals in. But everyone else seemingly no problem
[Post edited 13 Jun 2023 14:51]
Summer Transfer Rumours on 14:43 - Jun 13 with 3574 viewsSakura

Summer Transfer Rumours on 07:47 - Jun 13 by loftboy

So after 18 pages we still have no rumours!

Lewis Wing and Tim coming back are the two rumours.

Jimmy Dunne our ITK for Tim’s rumour
[Post edited 13 Jun 2023 14:49]
Summer Transfer Rumours on 18:35 - Jun 13 with 3163 viewsswisscottage

Leeds supposedly in for BOS with an 8.2mil bid... I believe we included a sell-on clause in that contract... here's hoping anyway.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024