Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Summer Transfer Rumours 16:26 - May 9 with 396405 viewsderbyhoop

As they seem to have started already, this should be an ongoing thread until August

Seny Dieng - Reims who are mid table in Ligue 1 reportedly interested
Conor Masterson - Gillingham, where he spent the 2nd half of the season; are confident of signing him, but Exeter are also interested

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Summer Transfer Rumours on 14:16 - May 10 with 8384 viewsAndybrat

Summer Transfer Rumours on 09:46 - May 10 by terryb

I assume that if the club don't take the extra year option, he will be able to leave as an out of contract player.

I'm in agreement with you that he would be a waste of our wages budget next season, but selling for £500,000 would be better than getting nowt.

You know what I could see him playing a different role next season. Potentially middle of the park in front of Sam? Mind you he will have to learn to tackle
Summer Transfer Rumours on 14:56 - May 10 with 8204 viewsMatch82

Summer Transfer Rumours on 12:58 - May 10 by BAWHoops

He can't move around the pitch, can't effectively press high up. He can sit in the middle and spray the ball around but is never fit enough to do that

I would have thought Amos is a good fit for that role, though I suppose another important trait for the role is ability to actually be on the pitch
Summer Transfer Rumours on 14:57 - May 10 with 8200 viewsMatch82

Summer Transfer Rumours on 22:21 - May 9 by wombat

Wycombe keeper Poss replacement for dieng , refusing to sign new deal Aval on a free transfer

At one point they thought very highly of Joe Walsh, has his star faded?
Summer Transfer Rumours on 15:04 - May 10 with 8168 viewsaston_hoop

Summer Transfer Rumours on 14:57 - May 10 by Match82

At one point they thought very highly of Joe Walsh, has his star faded?

He's only recently turned 21 and been on loan in the national league. For reference, Seny Dieng was 23 when we sent him on loan to Whitehawk. I would guess the club would be a long way from writing him off and would be looking for a season long loan next season somewhere. Not one we need to rush into thinking about.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Summer Transfer Rumours on 15:35 - May 10 with 8044 viewsDieByYourSide

Having a good keeper is a nice luxury but anything in seven figures and he can be replaced on the cheap, maybe get a bidding war going.

Not his best season and you wonder whether he's got his eye on a move, best to shake hands and move on.

Next...

Poll: And it's hi ho

Summer Transfer Rumours on 18:14 - May 10 with 7793 viewsE17hoop

Regan Poole from Lincoln apparently. Right back and club captain. 24 years old, out of contract and the kind of signing we probably should be making.

https://therealefl.co.uk/2023/05/10/queens-park-rangers-linked-defender-released

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: When you go to QPR games, what do you think will happen?

Summer Transfer Rumours on 20:27 - May 10 with 7573 viewsQPR_John

Summer Transfer Rumours on 18:14 - May 10 by E17hoop

Regan Poole from Lincoln apparently. Right back and club captain. 24 years old, out of contract and the kind of signing we probably should be making.

https://therealefl.co.uk/2023/05/10/queens-park-rangers-linked-defender-released

Unless I missed the only mention is in the headline
Summer Transfer Rumours on 20:30 - May 10 with 7566 viewsderbyhoop

We were supposedly interested last Summer, but he still had a year to run on his contract. Hes now OOC after playing 45 games and captaining the Lincoln City side.
Do a swap deal with Shodipo?

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Login to get fewer ads

Summer Transfer Rumours on 20:54 - May 10 with 7457 viewsMonkey_Roots

Summer Transfer Rumours on 20:30 - May 10 by derbyhoop

We were supposedly interested last Summer, but he still had a year to run on his contract. Hes now OOC after playing 45 games and captaining the Lincoln City side.

He’s been released, and we have been linked due to our alleged interest earlier.

Stefan also being linked with Blackburn on News Now
Summer Transfer Rumours on 20:56 - May 10 with 7445 viewsE17hoop

Shodipo has been sent back although more likely to be picking up any personal effects.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: When you go to QPR games, what do you think will happen?

Summer Transfer Rumours on 20:58 - May 10 with 7418 viewsdmm

Summer Transfer Rumours on 20:30 - May 10 by derbyhoop

Shodipo's contract is up this summer too so clubs won't do any deal as such.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 22:44 - May 10 with 7149 viewsLongRanger

Know nothing about him or if we’re genuinely interested in him, but his profile of age, experience, their player of the year and leader is exactly what we should be going for in my opinion, given where we are financially
Summer Transfer Rumours on 19:36 - May 12 with 6672 viewsderbyhoop

Nick Powell OOC at Stoke. 29 yo
For DubaiR, in particular, Keiran Dowell is likely to end up at Boilface's Rangers

Summer Transfer Rumours on 19:39 - May 12 with 6658 viewsderbyhoop

Nick Powell OOC at Stoke. 29 yo
For DubaiR, in particular, Keiran Dowell is likely to end up at Boilface's Rangers

Summer Transfer Rumours on 19:18 - May 13 with 6234 viewsHammersmithR

Was told in the week we are in talks with some bloke called Chris Forino-Joseph from Wycombe. Don’t know anything about him except he’s a quick centre back who played university football for Loughborough 🤷🏼‍♂️
Summer Transfer Rumours on 20:17 - May 13 with 6072 viewswesty

Summer Transfer Rumours on 19:18 - May 13 by HammersmithR

Was told in the week we are in talks with some bloke called Chris Forino-Joseph from Wycombe. Don’t know anything about him except he’s a quick centre back who played university football for Loughborough 🤷🏼‍♂️

Good young defender. Very athletic but has a year left on his contract. Not sure Wycombe would be doing GA too many favours if they can avoid it.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 18:51 - May 25 with 5276 viewsderbyhoop

Ryan Nyambe from Wigan likely to be released. Was with Blackburn. Still only 25. Can play RB, where we have Kakay & Drewe. Or anywhere on right side.

Summer Transfer Rumours on 18:56 - May 25 with 5230 viewsHayesender

Chris Forino from Wycombe (surprise surprise) rumour on social media.

6'3 Centre back apparently

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Summer Transfer Rumours on 19:11 - May 25 with 5181 viewsdaveB

I signed him in football manager recently, he was quite good
Summer Transfer Rumours on 21:45 - May 25 with 4774 viewsLblock

Summer Transfer Rumours on 18:51 - May 25 by derbyhoop

Ryan Nyambe from Wigan likely to be released. Was with Blackburn. Still only 25. Can play RB, where we have Kakay & Drewe. Or anywhere on right side.

A player I've always rated when I've seen him play

I was really surprised when he pitched up at Wigwam.

He's a yes from me

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Summer Transfer Rumours on 22:35 - May 25 with 4666 viewsdistortR

Summer Transfer Rumours on 21:45 - May 25 by Lblock

A player I've always rated when I've seen him play

I was really surprised when he pitched up at Wigwam.

He's a yes from me

yeah, he ran his contract down at Blackburn, thinking he'd get a better gig. I was surprised he didn't as well. I'd have him as a player, don't know what his attitude is like.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 08:01 - May 26 with 4299 viewsgazza1

Agreed.....could be a good signing at the right price. I like that he was named 'players player of the year' which suggests he is a good team player which is what we need and something that GA would like as well. A good possible option and a position we need to fill in close season.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 10:56 - May 26 with 4068 viewsTonto

am i the only one not expecting much business until after the season starts? Why do football clubs leave it so long? I would have thought bringing in players for the START of pre-season training would be ideal, and yet it rarely happens (and this is not just QPR)

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Summer Transfer Rumours on 11:00 - May 26 with 4050 viewsslmrstid

Summer Transfer Rumours on 10:56 - May 26 by Tonto

am i the only one not expecting much business until after the season starts? Why do football clubs leave it so long? I would have thought bringing in players for the START of pre-season training would be ideal, and yet it rarely happens (and this is not just QPR)

Its just like a giant game of poker isn't it? Clubs wont release X player until they sign Y player, so the club hoping to buy X player are holding onto Z player so the club hoping to sign Z player are holding onto A player and so on...

I suppose it can also be thought of like a housing chain. And then if just one transaction collapses it can bring the whole thing tumbling down.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 11:52 - May 26 with 3910 viewsDavieQPR

Summer Transfer Rumours on 10:56 - May 26 by Tonto

Not so much the clubs but agents looking round for best deals and other interest in their players. Rarely would anyone accept first offer.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024