Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Summer Transfer Rumours 16:26 - May 9 with 396360 viewsderbyhoop

As they seem to have started already, this should be an ongoing thread until August

Seny Dieng - Reims who are mid table in Ligue 1 reportedly interested
Conor Masterson - Gillingham, where he spent the 2nd half of the season; are confident of signing him, but Exeter are also interested

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Summer Transfer Rumours on 23:36 - Jun 29 with 8154 viewsYorkshirehoop

Last one to add to what I was saying.
Chris Martin 34 or Billy Sharp 37 ?
I know who I would rather and it ain't Chris Martin.
I think he would be an awesome signing for us.
Enough said.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 00:31 - Jun 30 with 8018 viewsgolborne

Summer Transfer Rumours on 21:27 - Jun 29 by dmm

Martin's been conspicuous by his absence from preseason training pics and vids, so the signs are he's gone.

Balogun has been given permission to train with the squad in order to get fit following his injury at the back end of last season. There are robust suspicions he'll be given a new contract...heaven help us.

Good and good
Summer Transfer Rumours on 12:11 - Jun 30 with 7494 viewsbenhurst

looks like the new LB deal is already done. I wonder if he'll play a decent amount and Paal will push further forwards
Summer Transfer Rumours on 12:12 - Jun 30 with 7465 viewsrobith

Seen some chatter Brum are going to sign Laird.

Dying at another club looking at us last year, licking there lips and going "I want me some of that"
Summer Transfer Rumours on 14:39 - Jun 30 with 7192 viewsQPRSteve

Begovic linked

https://www.teamtalk.com/news/sources-luton-town-battling-qpr-canny-signing-ever
Summer Transfer Rumours on 15:11 - Jun 30 with 7071 viewsdmm

Summer Transfer Rumours on 14:39 - Jun 30 by QPRSteve

Begovic linked

https://www.teamtalk.com/news/sources-luton-town-battling-qpr-canny-signing-ever

A sign Dieng is on his way?
Summer Transfer Rumours on 15:24 - Jun 30 with 7027 viewsozexile

Begovic linked

Never liked Begovic.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 18:05 - Jun 30 with 6712 viewsQPR_John

Begovic linked

Remember Luton are a Premier League club
Login to get fewer ads

Summer Transfer Rumours on 19:03 - Jun 30 with 6546 viewsDavieQPR

Wouldn't worry too much about click bait. Begovic was on a reputed £43k a week.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 19:55 - Jun 30 with 6336 viewsAndybrat

I am an optimist but in the last few weeks we have rightly sold Rob Dickie, extended Dykes contract which almost feels like a buy, Paul Smyth in as he is hitting his peak, we have packed Travelmans bags for the last time and replaced him with a PSG protege and opened a state of the art training ground. Mind you shame about the pitch, sort of feel things are starting to take the right shape
Summer Transfer Rumours on 20:04 - Jun 30 with 6300 viewsDorse

Summer Transfer Rumours on 19:55 - Jun 30 by Andybrat

I am an optimist but in the last few weeks we have rightly sold Rob Dickie, extended Dykes contract which almost feels like a buy, Paul Smyth in as he is hitting his peak, we have packed Travelmans bags for the last time and replaced him with a PSG protege and opened a state of the art training ground. Mind you shame about the pitch, sort of feel things are starting to take the right shape

I thought it was just me!

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Summer Transfer Rumours on 20:23 - Jun 30 with 6231 viewsBlue_Castello

Summer Transfer Rumours on 20:04 - Jun 30 by Dorse

I thought it was just me!

Nope that's very similar to what I posted earlier on the Larkeche thread...
[Post edited 30 Jun 2023 20:24]
Summer Transfer Rumours on 12:18 - Jul 1 with 5698 viewsArcticHoop

Martin departs

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/chris-martin-departs-300623/
Summer Transfer Rumours on 13:51 - Jul 1 with 5394 viewsMatch82

Summer Transfer Rumours on 23:15 - Jun 29 by Yorkshirehoop

I'm gonna get stick for saying this but 3 players that are free agents....
Theo Walcott, ok I may be dreaming on this one but is training with Reading.
Wages would or could be a massive issue.
Andros Townsend, forget how good he was on loan because that was a long time ago but for me that man is loaded with talent and at this level could be a cut above.
The last one is Billy Sharp, may be In his golden years but is a attacking version of James Milner.
He looks after his body and does everything right, surely there will be championship clubs queuing up for him.
The first two would be dream signings but Billy Sharp could be a real hit.
Can't remember what forum member disagreed with me as to Tom Ince signing for QPR but he's just signed for watford for under 100 grand.
No brainer that one and gutted we didn't get in there first.

I would imagine wages is the issue with Ince, no chance that would fit into the structure of what we want to pay
Summer Transfer Rumours on 14:07 - Jul 1 with 5323 viewsE15Hoop

Summer Transfer Rumours on 15:24 - Jun 30 by ozexile

Never liked Begovic.

Why not? I can't remember any fanbases having anything but mainly positive things to sat about him.
He's always seemed like a solid professional who's made plenty of good saves over his long career.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 06:16 - Jul 2 with 4752 viewsSimplyNico

Can he save penalties?
Summer Transfer Rumours on 06:56 - Jul 2 with 4677 viewsozexile

Summer Transfer Rumours on 14:07 - Jul 1 by E15Hoop

Why not? I can't remember any fanbases having anything but mainly positive things to sat about him.
He's always seemed like a solid professional who's made plenty of good saves over his long career.

Wasn't he the goalie for Bournemouth a few years ago? I remember watching their play off semi against Brentford. Some of his antics.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 10:44 - Jul 3 with 3916 viewsGloucs_R

I must say I was hoping / expecting an influx of new players now their contracts have all expired.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Summer Transfer Rumours on 11:44 - Jul 3 with 3731 viewsMonkey_Roots

Me too.

I am pleasantly surprised by what has happened so far though.

Okay, I'm sure we'd all like a slightly higher calibre of incoming, but given all the constraints we are bound by it's positive that Travelman has gone, and been replaced by someone pretty young, who looks half decent. Dykes has re-signed, and whilst I'm not exactly certain of his goalscoring ability for us thus far, I do think he may be better utilised in GA's setup moving forward, and we were unlikely to get better for the money we're offering (which is £0). Smythe coming back could be okay - hopefully he's gone off and found himself a style and confidence that he can bring back and put on display for us. Martin has gone, and this was probably my biggest fear, that we'd pin our hopes on an aging, largely immobile forward — albeit with a good attitude.

Things are looking up, for now at least.

The questions around central defence persist, and the unknowables around Taylor Richards.

Who out of Chair, Willock and Dieng will be here next year - will we lose Field too? I hope these things get wrapped up quick smart and GA gets some decent time with replacements to have us working well as team.

As it stands now, I think we're in for a tough season, but I'll live with that if the effort and desire are there.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 12:04 - Jul 3 with 3646 viewsnumptydumpty

Summer Transfer Rumours on 19:55 - Jun 30 by Andybrat

Think we would have said that last season also.

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

Summer Transfer Rumours on 14:16 - Jul 3 with 3198 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Summer Transfer Rumours on 12:18 - Jul 1 by ArcticHoop

Martin departs

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/chris-martin-departs-300623/

WLS now reporting that discussions between the club and Martin are on-going:

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/qpr-in-ongoing-talks-with-veteran-striker

It would be a bit odd to announce his signing days after announcing his departure.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 14:20 - Jul 3 with 3189 viewswombat

Summer Transfer Rumours on 14:16 - Jul 3 by Benny_the_Ball

WLS now reporting that discussions between the club and Martin are on-going:

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/qpr-in-ongoing-talks-with-veteran-striker

It would be a bit odd to announce his signing days after announcing his departure.

maybe we tried form somebody else and it fell through which is why we are going back for martin , defo bring experience and can do a job as proved last season defo on the fence about him coming back though

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Summer Transfer Rumours on 15:12 - Jul 3 with 3002 viewsHAYESBOY

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/qpr-appoint-director-of-performance-030723/

More backroom staff. Weren't we supposed to cut our wage bill with non playing staff?

Bugger........didn't see the new thread.
[Post edited 3 Jul 2023 15:12]

Smells like a trout farm in here

Summer Transfer Rumours on 20:55 - Jul 3 with 2454 viewsjeffranger

Couple of more rumours
Scott Twine on loan from Burnley?
Taking an interest in Bradley Dack?
How true who knows
Summer Transfer Rumours on 21:15 - Jul 3 with 2367 viewscpgerber

Summer Transfer Rumours on 20:55 - Jul 3 by jeffranger

Couple of more rumours
Scott Twine on loan from Burnley?
Taking an interest in Bradley Dack?
How true who knows

I would take both. Scored goals from midfield at this level.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024