Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Summer Transfer Rumours 16:26 - May 9 with 396388 viewsderbyhoop

As they seem to have started already, this should be an ongoing thread until August

Seny Dieng - Reims who are mid table in Ligue 1 reportedly interested
Conor Masterson - Gillingham, where he spent the 2nd half of the season; are confident of signing him, but Exeter are also interested

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Summer Transfer Rumours on 13:18 - Jul 7 with 5850 viewsChrisNW6

Summer Transfer Rumours on 11:29 - Jul 7 by dmm

I cannot see why would bring in a Mark Leonard when we've several youngsters who'd probably be just as good.

Played 46 games on loan last season, that will do for me.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 13:32 - Jul 7 with 5708 viewsdmm

Summer Transfer Rumours on 13:18 - Jul 7 by ChrisNW6

Played 46 games on loan last season, that will do for me.

Why would playing 46 games for a league 2 club make him suitable for us? Apparently, he didn't make much of an impression, scored just once with only one assist. If we're going to give a youngster a slot in the first team squad, give it to one of ours. For example, Alex Aoroha, an U20 international, would be my pick.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 14:55 - Jul 7 with 5395 viewsChrisNW6

I thought he had done well with some good stats on tackles won, interceptions and passing.

Northampton manager quote

“In terms of his attributes, he’s an all-round midfield player. He’s really good on the ball. He’s got both the vision and quality to see a pass and then execute it.

“He’s always demanding the ball, showing for the ball. When he plays, a lot of Northampton’s play goes through him.

“They can mix it up Northampton, but when he’s playing they tend to play more of a passing, possession game and work the ball through the thirds.

“But I think the most impressive thing has been his off the ball work. When you sign a young player, who’s not played much football at this level, you worry that they might be a bit lightweight and that they might get bullied. It’s difficult physically, but that’s definitely not been the case with him.”
[Post edited 7 Jul 2023 14:56]
Summer Transfer Rumours on 15:28 - Jul 7 with 5238 viewsDavieQPR

Summer Transfer Rumours on 13:32 - Jul 7 by dmm

Why would playing 46 games for a league 2 club make him suitable for us? Apparently, he didn't make much of an impression, scored just once with only one assist. If we're going to give a youngster a slot in the first team squad, give it to one of ours. For example, Alex Aoroha, an U20 international, would be my pick.

He actually has 1 international cap. Any reason you chose not to mention it was for Iraq.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 15:36 - Jul 7 with 5189 viewsSonofpugwash

I cannot see why would bring in a Mark Leonard when we've several youngsters who'd probably be just as good.

Isn't that Mr.Spock's dad?

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Summer Transfer Rumours on 15:36 - Jul 7 with 5187 viewsdenhamhoop2

Summer Transfer Rumours on 17:03 - Jul 5 by Wilkinswatercarrier

He cant seriously be suggesting that the squad only needs a couple more to finish mid table, which is competitive.

Well it would depend if those 2 were Kylian Mbappe and Kevin De Bruyne that might help on the scoring front still not sure how that would help our leaky defence and not sure they would enjoy Gazball of 19% possession and hitting it long and high
Summer Transfer Rumours on 15:53 - Jul 7 with 5042 viewsvanrrrr

Summer Transfer Rumours on 13:32 - Jul 7 by dmm

I’d like for one of our young uns to start every game in midfield in League 2 and experience promotion- unfortunately none of them are good enough and when they have gone on loan have hardly played,

This lad likely better than what we have - god knows we need a lot of help in CM.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 16:16 - Jul 7 with 4921 viewsdmm

Summer Transfer Rumours on 15:28 - Jul 7 by DavieQPR

He actually has 1 international cap. Any reason you chose not to mention it was for Iraq.

Yes, playing for Iraq obviously means he's utterly and completely useless so I tried to hide that. Damn.
Login to get fewer ads

Summer Transfer Rumours on 16:17 - Jul 7 with 4912 viewsaston_hoop

Leonard sounds like he'd be a long term Sam Field replacement I think. Someone who can sit in the midfield and use the ball intelligently. The kind of signing we should be making really.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Summer Transfer Rumours on 16:19 - Jul 7 with 4879 viewsdmm

Summer Transfer Rumours on 14:55 - Jul 7 by ChrisNW6

I thought he had done well with some good stats on tackles won, interceptions and passing.

Northampton manager quote

“In terms of his attributes, he’s an all-round midfield player. He’s really good on the ball. He’s got both the vision and quality to see a pass and then execute it.

“He’s always demanding the ball, showing for the ball. When he plays, a lot of Northampton’s play goes through him.

“They can mix it up Northampton, but when he’s playing they tend to play more of a passing, possession game and work the ball through the thirds.

“But I think the most impressive thing has been his off the ball work. When you sign a young player, who’s not played much football at this level, you worry that they might be a bit lightweight and that they might get bullied. It’s difficult physically, but that’s definitely not been the case with him.”
[Post edited 7 Jul 2023 14:56]

Fair enough, Chris. I hadn't seen those comments. Nonetheless, I'd still like to see Aoraha given the opportunity over the Brighton lad.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 16:28 - Jul 7 with 4808 viewsdaveB

which ones, not sure we have any in midfield who are good enough yet
Summer Transfer Rumours on 16:44 - Jul 7 with 4716 viewsDorse

Summer Transfer Rumours on 16:28 - Jul 7 by daveB

which ones, not sure we have any in midfield who are good enough yet

How fast do I have to run to avoid getting eaten by a lion? Just faster than you.

How good do they have to be to get a game? Just better than Dozzell.

Thank you very much. I'm here all week.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Summer Transfer Rumours on 16:44 - Jul 7 with 4714 viewsTomMorgz7

Summer Transfer Rumours on 16:19 - Jul 7 by dmm

Fair enough, Chris. I hadn't seen those comments. Nonetheless, I'd still like to see Aoraha given the opportunity over the Brighton lad.

Completely agree
Summer Transfer Rumours on 12:41 - Jul 9 with 4084 viewsQPRSteve

Being linked with a loan for a Burnley CB

https://therealefl.co.uk/2023/07/09/rangers-and-championship-clubs-circling-form
Summer Transfer Rumours on 14:30 - Jul 9 with 3871 viewsQPROslo

Summer Transfer Rumours on 12:41 - Jul 9 by QPRSteve

https://therealefl.co.uk/2023/07/09/rangers-and-championship-clubs-circling-form

1 or 2 CB's certainly look the priority to me, closely followed by a good Championshjp standard Keeper and a RB. We'd need more replacements / loans if Chair, Willock, Field, Paal or Dykes are sold.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 16:32 - Jul 9 with 3667 viewsdavman

Summer Transfer Rumours on 15:36 - Jul 7 by Sonofpugwash

Isn't that Mr.Spock's dad?

1. It'd be Marc Nimoy if so and
2. It's DOCTOR Spock, FFS...

Other than that, good one...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Summer Transfer Rumours on 16:37 - Jul 9 with 3643 viewsChrisNW6

Summer Transfer Rumours on 16:32 - Jul 9 by davman

1. It'd be Marc Nimoy if so and
2. It's DOCTOR Spock, FFS...

Other than that, good one...

Dr. McCoy
Mr. Spock

🤷
Summer Transfer Rumours on 16:48 - Jul 9 with 3596 viewsSimplyNico

Indeed - Dr Spock was all about babies - https://www.wob.com/en-gb/books/dr-benjamin-spock/dr-spock-s-baby-childcare-9th-

Nothing about bringing up young Vulcans in there
Summer Transfer Rumours on 21:43 - Jul 9 with 3199 viewsaston_hoop

Summer Transfer Rumours on 12:41 - Jul 9 by QPRSteve

Hopefully a permanent rather than a loan. Whether there is anything in this or not, I'm told that he is thought of higher than Jimmy Dunne was both at Burnley and Barrow where both were on loan. So why not. Great name too, very 1960s.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Summer Transfer Rumours on 22:25 - Jul 9 with 3045 viewsdavman

Summer Transfer Rumours on 16:37 - Jul 9 by ChrisNW6

Dr. McCoy
Mr. Spock

🤷

Awww shucks.

1. is right though!

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Summer Transfer Rumours on 22:34 - Jul 9 with 3017 viewsDannyPaddox

Gaz looking at players in Austria. Highly rated Klagenfurt reserve defender. Part reindeer.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 05:59 - Jul 10 with 2790 viewsHoopsie

Perry Ng, RB from Cardiff, 27 yo with one year left on contract, Middlesbrough intereted, hang on havent they already signed 7 to 8 players including Dieng?

Poll: Who will follow Rotherham and Huddersfield to League One?

Summer Transfer Rumours on 11:37 - Jul 10 with 2520 viewstoboboly

Summer Transfer Rumours on 05:59 - Jul 10 by Hoopsie

Perry Ng, RB from Cardiff, 27 yo with one year left on contract, Middlesbrough intereted, hang on havent they already signed 7 to 8 players including Dieng?

They are going for it, they will sign everybody, like a mini Forest

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Summer Transfer Rumours on 12:21 - Jul 10 with 2335 viewsBklynRanger

Summer Transfer Rumours on 22:34 - Jul 9 by DannyPaddox

Gaz looking at players in Austria. Highly rated Klagenfurt reserve defender. Part reindeer.

If it doesn't work out they can make jerky out of him, help sustain some of the more feeble ones
Summer Transfer Rumours on 12:22 - Jul 10 with 2320 viewsdaveB

Summer Transfer Rumours on 05:59 - Jul 10 by Hoopsie

I think we were linked with him when he went to Cardiff a few years back
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024