Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Summer Transfer Rumours 16:26 - May 9 with 396437 viewsderbyhoop

As they seem to have started already, this should be an ongoing thread until August

Seny Dieng - Reims who are mid table in Ligue 1 reportedly interested
Conor Masterson - Gillingham, where he spent the 2nd half of the season; are confident of signing him, but Exeter are also interested

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Summer Transfer Rumours on 10:12 - Jul 19 with 5994 viewsQPRConor2000

Summer Transfer Rumours on 09:55 - Jul 19 by dmm

There's been very little chatter about a striker to compete with Dykes. None of Sinclair, Smyth or Kelman (if he makes it into the squad) would do the job Dykes does and I'd be very worried if we don't bring in cover for him.

QPR are apparently interested in Jay Stansfield on loan, which would be an superb signing imo.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 10:13 - Jul 19 with 5979 viewsNorthernr

Summer Transfer Rumours on 10:12 - Jul 19 by QPRConor2000

QPR are apparently interested in Jay Stansfield on loan, which would be an superb signing imo.

Look forward to seeing that all over socials for the next few days. #edward #roderick or whatever we're calling the imaginary friend this year.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 10:14 - Jul 19 with 5969 viewsRBlock

Summer Transfer Rumours on 09:55 - Jul 19 by dmm

There's been very little chatter about a striker to compete with Dykes. None of Sinclair, Smyth or Kelman (if he makes it into the squad) would do the job Dykes does and I'd be very worried if we don't bring in cover for him.

Not a pot to piss in. Expect to see big Hamzad Kargbo lumbering about up top, absolutely nowhere near the level required to play Championship football.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 10:50 - Jul 19 with 5766 viewsaston_hoop

Tim Iroegbunam has been left out of the traveling squad for Villa's pre-season tour. Been linked with a return a few times, but wouldn't be surprised if he ends up north of the border

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Summer Transfer Rumours on 10:55 - Jul 19 with 5722 viewsqueensparker

Summer Transfer Rumours on 10:50 - Jul 19 by aston_hoop

Tim Iroegbunam has been left out of the traveling squad for Villa's pre-season tour. Been linked with a return a few times, but wouldn't be surprised if he ends up north of the border

Would be very happy to have him back. There's a player in there
Summer Transfer Rumours on 12:32 - Jul 19 with 5413 viewsdaveB

Summer Transfer Rumours on 10:12 - Jul 19 by QPRConor2000

He's been around the world but not very good at finding babies
Summer Transfer Rumours on 14:09 - Jul 19 with 5055 viewsR_from_afar

Hot off the Bucks Free Presses:
https://www.bucksfreepress.co.uk/sport/23665859.queens-park-rangers-set-sign-chr

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Summer Transfer Rumours on 14:27 - Jul 19 with 4946 viewsdmm

I know next to nothing about Forino. Has anyone seen him play or have an informed opinion about him?
Login to get fewer ads

Summer Transfer Rumours on 14:32 - Jul 19 with 4900 viewsAberystwythR

Summer Transfer Rumours on 14:27 - Jul 19 by dmm

I know next to nothing about Forino. Has anyone seen him play or have an informed opinion about him?

Work with a Wycombe fan, rates Wing very highly but reckons that Fornio is average league 1 at best
Summer Transfer Rumours on 14:48 - Jul 19 with 4757 viewsdaveB

Summer Transfer Rumours on 14:32 - Jul 19 by AberystwythR

Work with a Wycombe fan, rates Wing very highly but reckons that Fornio is average league 1 at best

that sounds like an improvement
Summer Transfer Rumours on 15:12 - Jul 19 with 4613 viewsAntti_Heinola

Summer Transfer Rumours on 14:32 - Jul 19 by AberystwythR

Luckily we're signing Forino.

Imo, centre backs rarely come really good until their late 20s, so don't mind us signing one with developmental potential.

Bare bones.

Summer Transfer Rumours on 15:42 - Jul 19 with 4410 viewsDavieQPR

Looking at the Wycombe forum Forino is only a Div 1 player but has bags of potential.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 16:02 - Jul 19 with 4289 viewsLandshark

"Following the club's relegation to League One shortly after he arrived at Adams Park, Forino had a long spell out injured and undertook a lengthy course of conditioning with the club's Development Squad physiotherapist"

Summer Transfer Rumours on 16:15 - Jul 19 with 4202 viewsLongRanger

Summer Transfer Rumours on 22:23 - Jul 18 by davman

Just shocked that there is NOTHING around Chris Willock. If he does not go this window, surely he'll be leaving on a free.

£750k will surely get him and that is a BARGAIN for anyone that can afford that...

If we don't get £750k+ for Willock this window, I'd be telling him he won't kick a ball for us all season, unless he signs a new contract with a release clause of £2.5m+. A career can evaporate if left out in the cold for 12 months and he'll know that. It then forces him to sign and put a shift in to earn his move in January, or the end of season and he's still good value at £2.5m if performing and fit. If he refuses, we'd be right to leave him out anyway, as he's effectively saying he's not committed so wouldn't add anything.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 16:16 - Jul 19 with 4194 viewsLoyalitat

Summer Transfer Rumours on 15:12 - Jul 19 by Antti_Heinola

Luckily we're signing Forino.

Imo, centre backs rarely come really good until their late 20s, so don't mind us signing one with developmental potential.

The problem is that we only have one durable centre-half with championship experience, so Forino will need to develop to championship standard pretty damn quick as he'll probably be called into action immediately, if signed.

A difficult task, as the gap in standard between the championship and division one is huge. I wish him well.
[Post edited 19 Jul 2023 16:30]
Summer Transfer Rumours on 16:37 - Jul 19 with 4029 views1JD

Summer Transfer Rumours on 14:27 - Jul 19 by dmm

He’s a big lad, quick, strong, and with lots of upward potential. Very highly rated by the majority of the Wycombe faithful. Some believe he can make it to the premier league if he continues his rapid rate of development, including Ainsworth himself. Played 50 first team games, but has struggled with niggles at times. Not long turned 23. Would be a good acquisition.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 16:40 - Jul 19 with 4006 viewsvanrrrr

Summer Transfer Rumours on 16:16 - Jul 19 by Loyalitat

The problem is that we only have one durable centre-half with championship experience, so Forino will need to develop to championship standard pretty damn quick as he'll probably be called into action immediately, if signed.

A difficult task, as the gap in standard between the championship and division one is huge. I wish him well.
[Post edited 19 Jul 2023 16:30]

Yep…. Still think we need another old warhorse center back in on a free …That and a RB.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 16:42 - Jul 19 with 3989 viewsdmm

Summer Transfer Rumours on 16:37 - Jul 19 by 1JD

He’s a big lad, quick, strong, and with lots of upward potential. Very highly rated by the majority of the Wycombe faithful. Some believe he can make it to the premier league if he continues his rapid rate of development, including Ainsworth himself. Played 50 first team games, but has struggled with niggles at times. Not long turned 23. Would be a good acquisition.

I like the sound of having a quick CB. Pace at the back can make all the difference.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 16:56 - Jul 19 with 3873 viewsvanrrrr

Summer Transfer Rumours on 16:37 - Jul 19 by 1JD

Apparently when he was plying for Loughborough Uni his nickname was the UCAS Baresi… that’ll do for me.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 17:17 - Jul 19 with 3782 viewsBlue_Castello

Summer Transfer Rumours on 16:40 - Jul 19 by vanrrrr

Yep…. Still think we need another old warhorse center back in on a free …That and a RB.

Yeah that would be ideal but I'm thinking we don't have the budget, if we do then Forino plus Craig Cathcart whose been released by Watford would be my pick.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 18:09 - Jul 19 with 3596 viewsQPRConor2000

Summer Transfer Rumours on 17:17 - Jul 19 by Blue_Castello

Yeah that would be ideal but I'm thinking we don't have the budget, if we do then Forino plus Craig Cathcart whose been released by Watford would be my pick.

I think we may go for someone on loan in that area.

But Cathcart is a good shout.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 22:09 - Jul 19 with 3156 viewsHammersmithR

Latest I’ve heard on Forino deal. We definitely want him. We offered 300K for him which was rejected by Wycombe. Wycombe want 750K which we won’t pay. He’s been offered a new contract by Wycombe which is more than what we have offered. He knows our contract. But he wants to play in the Championship. Will keep you posted when I hear more.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 22:39 - Jul 19 with 3057 viewsHunterhoop

Summer Transfer Rumours on 22:09 - Jul 19 by HammersmithR

Latest I’ve heard on Forino deal. We definitely want him. We offered 300K for him which was rejected by Wycombe. Wycombe want 750K which we won’t pay. He’s been offered a new contract by Wycombe which is more than what we have offered. He knows our contract. But he wants to play in the Championship. Will keep you posted when I hear more.

If that’s true, then Wycombe and Orient being able to offer bigger salaries than us, is utterly ludicrous. It shows how flawed FFP is, especially when the league below have different rules. Their revenue is much lower, they must be losing money too.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 11:45 - Jul 20 with 2699 viewstkqpr

Lynden Gooch Link?

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/pointless-sticking-around-sunderland-player-on
Summer Transfer Rumours on 12:06 - Jul 20 with 2583 viewsfrancisbowles

Summer Transfer Rumours on 22:39 - Jul 19 by Hunterhoop

If that’s true, then Wycombe and Orient being able to offer bigger salaries than us, is utterly ludicrous. It shows how flawed FFP is, especially when the league below have different rules. Their revenue is much lower, they must be losing money too.

Sorry Hunterhoop, fat fingers, meant to upvote.
I hope the EFL are taking note but I doubt it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024