Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Summer Transfer Rumours 16:26 - May 9 with 396366 viewsderbyhoop

As they seem to have started already, this should be an ongoing thread until August

Seny Dieng - Reims who are mid table in Ligue 1 reportedly interested
Conor Masterson - Gillingham, where he spent the 2nd half of the season; are confident of signing him, but Exeter are also interested

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Summer Transfer Rumours on 12:33 - Jul 24 with 4897 views89_50

Sky Sports say that Fox will sign a two-year deal today.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 12:57 - Jul 24 with 4684 viewsDavieQPR

Fox is one of those slated by Stoke fans until he decided to leave and then he became best thing since sliced bread. Bit like some of our fans and Dickie.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 12:57 - Jul 24 with 4687 viewssprocket

Is it me or do the QPR content team seem to be going OTT with Begovic content? It's great and all that but hardly Paddy Kenny.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 13:22 - Jul 24 with 4538 viewsNorthantsHoop

Keeping expectations low on signing fronts personally felt that for quite a while now. Got no idea how we will do this season, most likely a struggle but hopefully Ainsworth can start to change attitudes within the playing staff, which lets face it some of those players last season need to take a long hard look in the mirror on how they short changed us supporters.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 13:38 - Jul 24 with 4425 viewsBAWHoops

Sort of feel the squad will be fine. If we sign the players we think we will (2 CB, RB, CM,) it looks like this

GK - Begovic, Walsh, Archer
RB - Kakay, New RB, Drewe
LB - Paal, Larkech
CB - Dunne, JCS, Fox, New CB
CM - Field, Dozzell, New CM, Pedder
AM - Chair, Willock, Richards
L/RM - Adomah, Smyth
ST - Dykes, Armstrong, Kelman

To me that looks light up front and in the middle, plus Drewe isn't really good enough and Adomah is spent.
Start to worry if Chair AND Willock go though as we will be very very light

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Summer Transfer Rumours on 13:43 - Jul 24 with 4374 viewsNorthernr

Summer Transfer Rumours on 13:38 - Jul 24 by BAWHoops

Sort of feel the squad will be fine. If we sign the players we think we will (2 CB, RB, CM,) it looks like this

LB - Paal, Larkech
L/RM - Adomah, Smyth

To me that looks light up front and in the middle, plus Drewe isn't really good enough and Adomah is spent.

You can see with this, and with Saturday, why he's putting such emphasis on keeping everybody fit. One injury - Dykes, Field, Dunne, Begovic in particular and we're so far in the sht...
Summer Transfer Rumours on 14:07 - Jul 24 with 4190 viewsBAWHoops

Summer Transfer Rumours on 13:43 - Jul 24 by Northernr

You can see with this, and with Saturday, why he's putting such emphasis on keeping everybody fit. One injury - Dykes, Field, Dunne, Begovic in particular and we're so far in the sht...

100%
I suppose it's cheaper as well to stop the injuries than to have a squad of 30.
What will make a massive difference this season is if Armstrong improves (he's still not really good enough for me) and Pedder can come into the picture for a few games/off the bench when needed. Ideally we'd find a decent winger to replace Albert from our youth team (Kohli?) but the fact that nobody went on tour says a lot.

One note of positivity. Sam Field was a complete sick note when he joined us (and his first 18 months here). He ended being an ever present last season so it CAN be done when it comes to turning round players fitness (ahem JCS)

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Summer Transfer Rumours on 14:36 - Jul 24 with 4014 viewsHayesender

Summer Transfer Rumours on 14:07 - Jul 24 by BAWHoops

100%
I suppose it's cheaper as well to stop the injuries than to have a squad of 30.
What will make a massive difference this season is if Armstrong improves (he's still not really good enough for me) and Pedder can come into the picture for a few games/off the bench when needed. Ideally we'd find a decent winger to replace Albert from our youth team (Kohli?) but the fact that nobody went on tour says a lot.

One note of positivity. Sam Field was a complete sick note when he joined us (and his first 18 months here). He ended being an ever present last season so it CAN be done when it comes to turning round players fitness (ahem JCS)

Field seems to go down, and the physio has to come on in every game. Every game I think "oh crap, that's Field out", and every game he just runs it off and gets stuck in.

Absolutely take note JCS

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Login to get fewer ads

Summer Transfer Rumours on 15:12 - Jul 24 with 3822 viewsdmm

Yep indeed. I'm hoping Ben Williams, the new director of performance, turns out to be the most important signing we make this summer.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 15:51 - Jul 24 with 3609 viewsted_hendrix

Keeping everybody fit Is one thing, getting them fit In the first place Is another.

They could also use a bit of boot lace tying training too.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Summer Transfer Rumours on 15:59 - Jul 24 with 3562 viewskensalriser

Summer Transfer Rumours on 15:51 - Jul 24 by ted_hendrix

Keeping everybody fit Is one thing, getting them fit In the first place Is another.

Double knots?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Summer Transfer Rumours on 16:03 - Jul 24 with 3528 viewsBklynRanger

I see this Morgan Fox chap played 43 times for Stoke last season, which is a long way more than Balogun and Clarke Salter combined so that's an obvious positive already, if he actually happens.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 16:04 - Jul 24 with 3520 viewsOldPedro

Laceless boots????

https://www.adidas.co.uk/predator-accuracy.3-laceless-firm-ground-boots/GZ0021.h

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Summer Transfer Rumours on 16:04 - Jul 24 with 3514 viewsNorthernr

Summer Transfer Rumours on 14:36 - Jul 24 by Hayesender

Field seems to go down, and the physio has to come on in every game. Every game I think "oh crap, that's Field out", and every game he just runs it off and gets stuck in.

Absolutely take note JCS

I personally think that's done deliberately under instruction so they can have a conflab on the touchline. Happens almost every game at the same time.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 16:15 - Jul 24 with 3421 viewsDannyPaddox

Velcro?
Summer Transfer Rumours on 16:19 - Jul 24 with 3380 viewsflynnbo

Summer Transfer Rumours on 11:13 - Jul 24 by DannyPaddox

According to a Stoke website he was involved in an incident pre-season in Switzerland. Details are minimal. Reported only as a Basle brush with the law.

An incident on a glacier apparently-wasn't where he was mint to be.
Be wary, this signing could be a slippery slope.
[Post edited 24 Jul 2023 16:20]
Summer Transfer Rumours on 16:34 - Jul 24 with 3250 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Summer Transfer Rumours on 16:04 - Jul 24 by Northernr

I personally think that's done deliberately under instruction so they can have a conflab on the touchline. Happens almost every game at the same time.

Definitely. Inherited the job from JoJo.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Summer Transfer Rumours on 16:37 - Jul 24 with 3230 viewsCateLeBonR

Summer Transfer Rumours on 16:19 - Jul 24 by flynnbo

An incident on a glacier apparently-wasn't where he was mint to be.
Be wary, this signing could be a slippery slope.
[Post edited 24 Jul 2023 16:20]

Switzerland? I heard it was Canidae?
Summer Transfer Rumours on 17:00 - Jul 24 with 3063 viewsQPR_Jim

Summer Transfer Rumours on 16:34 - Jul 24 by BrianMcCarthy

Definitely. Inherited the job from JoJo.

Sorry double clicked on my phone to zoom in so I could read the messages and down arrowed you.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 17:01 - Jul 24 with 3041 viewsdavman

..usually after we're 1 or 2 nil down.

Defo a tic tac.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Summer Transfer Rumours on 17:03 - Jul 24 with 3015 viewsnumptydumpty

Thought that was often done in games where we in an advantageous position and we running the clock down a la sh*thous*ry !!!
[Post edited 24 Jul 2023 17:04]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

Summer Transfer Rumours on 17:04 - Jul 24 with 3007 viewsQPROslo

Summer Transfer Rumours on 14:36 - Jul 24 by Hayesender

Absolutely take note JCS

Yeh, and usually about half way through the 1st half. I'd started to think that was our go to dirty tricks Department Manager Field so everyone could get a drink, new instructions encouragement from the sidelines, and slow down / disrupt the usual building pressure from the opposition.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 17:29 - Jul 24 with 2873 viewsPadulas_Shampoo

Summer Transfer Rumours on 13:38 - Jul 24 by BAWHoops

LB - Paal, Larkech
L/RM - Adomah, Smyth

I think that's stretching the word 'fine' to extreme breadths of it's definition.

That CM in particular looks like League 2 fodder at best if Field doesn't play 46 games again. I don't know who that new CM is going to be but he's going to have to be a universal and unquestioned success if that's all we have in the squad this season.

We have one seasoned striker who divides opinion and was in a hospital bed for a month earlier this year. That squad scored 26 Championship goals last season and we've only added Smyth and Larkeche.

Good grief.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 19:50 - Jul 24 with 2309 viewsnix

Summer Transfer Rumours on 17:29 - Jul 24 by Padulas_Shampoo

I think that's stretching the word 'fine' to extreme breadths of it's definition.

That CM in particular looks like League 2 fodder at best if Field doesn't play 46 games again. I don't know who that new CM is going to be but he's going to have to be a universal and unquestioned success if that's all we have in the squad this season.

We have one seasoned striker who divides opinion and was in a hospital bed for a month earlier this year. That squad scored 26 Championship goals last season and we've only added Smyth and Larkeche.

Good grief.

Is CM a difficult position to fill normally. I don't follow other teams in the Championship as much as I could. It always seems to be problematic for us to get someone with a bit of pace, reliable, who can link attack and defence. I always thought that was a bread and butter position in English football. And yet it seems so hard for us to find someone. So we end up with injured players (Amos and Jojo) or youth players (Oroebugnan), ineffectual (Hendrick or Tom Carroll) or a bit too limited (Ball and Scowen). I'm not talking Wilkins or Faurlin, just someone solid and middle of the road.

Is it really that hard to source that kind of player? Are they that much in short supply/expensive? Or are we shit at sourcing people?
Summer Transfer Rumours on 19:57 - Jul 24 with 2252 viewsLogman

Summer Transfer Rumours on 19:50 - Jul 24 by nix

Is CM a difficult position to fill normally. I don't follow other teams in the Championship as much as I could. It always seems to be problematic for us to get someone with a bit of pace, reliable, who can link attack and defence. I always thought that was a bread and butter position in English football. And yet it seems so hard for us to find someone. So we end up with injured players (Amos and Jojo) or youth players (Oroebugnan), ineffectual (Hendrick or Tom Carroll) or a bit too limited (Ball and Scowen). I'm not talking Wilkins or Faurlin, just someone solid and middle of the road.

Is it really that hard to source that kind of player? Are they that much in short supply/expensive? Or are we shit at sourcing people?

You mean a Barry Bannan ? (Apart from the fact that he would be another one who would bring the average height down)
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024