Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Summer Transfer Rumours 16:26 - May 9 with 396407 viewsderbyhoop

As they seem to have started already, this should be an ongoing thread until August

Seny Dieng - Reims who are mid table in Ligue 1 reportedly interested
Conor Masterson - Gillingham, where he spent the 2nd half of the season; are confident of signing him, but Exeter are also interested

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Summer Transfer Rumours on 14:32 - May 29 with 7839 viewskensalriser

Summer Transfer Rumours on 14:10 - May 29 by Andybrat

I see we didn’t get Pochetino then

Think he might be a bit old even for us.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Summer Transfer Rumours on 16:21 - May 29 with 7554 viewsderbyhoop

The72 (clickbait warning!!!) are linking us with Johnson Clarke-Harris from Peterborough. They say Posh listen to offers for anybody in last 12 months of their contract.
We know he gets goals, mostly at L1 level but did OK in Championship last time.

I'll be shocked if QPR could afford what Posh would demand. Unless we sell Dieng, Chair, Willock AND Dykes.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Summer Transfer Rumours on 17:44 - May 29 with 7387 viewsdmm

Summer Transfer Rumours on 16:21 - May 29 by derbyhoop

The72 (clickbait warning!!!) are linking us with Johnson Clarke-Harris from Peterborough. They say Posh listen to offers for anybody in last 12 months of their contract.

I'll be shocked if QPR could afford what Posh would demand. Unless we sell Dieng, Chair, Willock AND Dykes.

The 72 is one of the worse clickbait sites. I'm sure someone on here said it's basically a kid in his bedroom.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 19:53 - May 29 with 7035 viewsSakura

Summer Transfer Rumours on 16:21 - May 29 by derbyhoop

Pretty likely we've picked up £4m for Eze by the start of next season. His deal was reported as £16m up front plus up to £4m add ons

England cap is one known part but surely by now we have triggered the rest of the add ons considering the amount of goals and appearances he's got for them.

And another even substantially bigger lump on top if is sold as well maybe. But that £4m in add ons surely is now secured

That's on top of the few million we got at the World Cup for Dieng and Chair. The budget this year isn’t that bad

So let's ease up on the self flagellation that so many on here seem to get their kicks through

Bit of optimism not relentless pessimism
[Post edited 29 May 2023 19:55]
Summer Transfer Rumours on 00:46 - May 30 with 6641 viewsLoftgirl

Summer Transfer Rumours on 14:10 - May 29 by Andybrat

I see we didn’t get Pochetino then

He was injured.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 06:54 - May 30 with 6408 viewsGloucs_R

Summer Transfer Rumours on 19:53 - May 29 by Sakura

Pretty likely we've picked up £4m for Eze by the start of next season. His deal was reported as £16m up front plus up to £4m add ons

England cap is one known part but surely by now we have triggered the rest of the add ons considering the amount of goals and appearances he's got for them.

And another even substantially bigger lump on top if is sold as well maybe. But that £4m in add ons surely is now secured

That's on top of the few million we got at the World Cup for Dieng and Chair. The budget this year isn’t that bad

So let's ease up on the self flagellation that so many on here seem to get their kicks through

We won't see that money for playing budget. That's been spent already. Any money we make this year covers the FFP short fall

Poll: Are we staying up?

Summer Transfer Rumours on 08:35 - May 30 with 6244 viewsTonto

Summer Transfer Rumours on 00:46 - May 30 by Loftgirl

He was injured.

That doesn't normally stop us

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Summer Transfer Rumours on 10:04 - May 30 with 5918 viewsGloucs_R

Not a rumour but I could see Chair going to Leicester. I think he'd be perfect for them.

Login to get fewer ads

Summer Transfer Rumours on 10:50 - May 30 with 5739 viewsRangersw12

Summer Transfer Rumours on 19:53 - May 29 by Sakura

It's being realistic rather than pessimistic

It's all there in the accounts and unfortunately any money we receive will be going towards ffp
Summer Transfer Rumours on 11:41 - May 30 with 5572 viewsSakura

Summer Transfer Rumours on 10:50 - May 30 by Rangersw12

It's being realistic rather than pessimistic

It's all there in the accounts and unfortunately any money we receive will be going towards ffp

Is it though? Are you basing it on the actual numbers

Relatively speaking this year is likely going to be a year for stability until we can get our 21/22 season blow out behind us. But there is a strong potential we have a lot more financial headroom than many think. Plus Eze and/ or Chair sales could really mean we have a proper budget this year after all

But even without that I believe it's way over the top to say "any money" we see goes on FFP room as there does of course come a point when that isn't true.

Need to do think first about how much money do we need to cover and then when do we start getting the headroom to invest

We are allowed £39m loss across three years.

20/21 - we lost £4.1m
21/22- we lost £24.7m
22/23- we can lose then £10.1m. So assume that happened as I don't think anyone believes we are going to fail FFP at the next set of accounts released

Looking ahead for the coming seasons budget.

21/22- we lost £24.7m
22/23- we can assume lost at a maximum £10.1m.
23/24- we can lose £4.2m

So we need around £6m of savings or sales to have a budget as we had this year. If we get £4m of Eze add ons. That's a £1m more than the World Cup Dieng and Chair Bonuses.

Now if Eze is sold and we get our 20% then we are laughing all the way to the bank

But assume that doesn't happen it leaves £5m to save or £96,000 a week.
- if Chair is sold that fee plus his wages we are already in the black
- Dieng, Willock, Dykes sales this summer all on their own could push us way into being comfortably within the £4.2m loss we are allowed this season. If all 4 are sold we would have millions to invest this summer. As you take out their wages and add on their fees

On top of this:

- Tyler Roberts, Amos, Balogun, Lowe, Laird, Tim and even Masterson, Shodipo, Bonne and George Thomas how much is that a week out of our wage budget for next season.

If Johansen is shifted off to somewhere as well. There is actually a lot of scope for replacing those players with free transfers like a Lewis Wing, Darikwa, and a Prem loan or two and being comfortably within FFP

In 24/25 season we will have even more headroom of being able to lose £14.3m. So around 250% more than we can this season. Plus Sky money increasing by a big chunk as well that year

If we can stabilise this year and get the 21/22 blow out behind us we are in a really strong position.

Our future is a lot brighter than some imagine when you look at the actual numbers
Summer Transfer Rumours on 12:06 - May 30 with 5458 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Summer Transfer Rumours on 11:41 - May 30 by Sakura

Relatively speaking this year is likely going to be a year for stability until we can get our 21/22 season blow out behind us. But there is a strong potential we have a lot more financial headroom than many think. Plus Eze and/ or Chair sales could really mean we have a proper budget this year after all

But even without that I believe it's way over the top to say "any money" we see goes on FFP room as there does of course come a point when that isn't true.

Need to do think first about how much money do we need to cover and then when do we start getting the headroom to invest

20/21 - we lost £4.1m
21/22- we lost £24.7m
22/23- we can lose then £10.1m. So assume that happened as I don't think anyone believes we are going to fail FFP at the next set of accounts released

21/22- we lost £24.7m
23/24- we can lose £4.2m

So we need around £6m of savings or sales to have a budget as we had this year. If we get £4m of Eze add ons. That's a £1m more than the World Cup Dieng and Chair Bonuses.

Now if Eze is sold and we get our 20% then we are laughing all the way to the bank

- Dieng, Willock, Dykes sales this summer all on their own could push us way into being comfortably within the £4.2m loss we are allowed this season. If all 4 are sold we would have millions to invest this summer. As you take out their wages and add on their fees

On top of this:

- Tyler Roberts, Amos, Balogun, Lowe, Laird, Tim and even Masterson, Shodipo, Bonne and George Thomas how much is that a week out of our wage budget for next season.

If Johansen is shifted off to somewhere as well. There is actually a lot of scope for replacing those players with free transfers like a Lewis Wing, Darikwa, and a Prem loan or two and being comfortably within FFP

In 24/25 season we will have even more headroom of being able to lose £14.3m. So around 250% more than we can this season. Plus Sky money increasing by a big chunk as well that year

If we can stabilise this year and get the 21/22 blow out behind us we are in a really strong position.

Our future is a lot brighter than some imagine when you look at the actual numbers

Sorry, but that post is littered with ifs, buts and maybes. There is no money, it is going to be free transfers and minimal fees if lucky.

I see we are 5th favourites for relegation, I think that is being generous.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 13:56 - May 30 with 5112 viewsGloucs_R

AFC Bournemouth and Leeds United want to sign Fenerbahce's Nigerian right-back Bright Osayi-Samuel on loan with a permanent purchase option.

Summer Transfer Rumours on 13:57 - May 30 with 5114 viewsTheChef

Summer Transfer Rumours on 13:56 - May 30 by Gloucs_R

AFC Bournemouth and Leeds United want to sign Fenerbahce's Nigerian right-back Bright Osayi-Samuel on loan with a permanent purchase option.

Right back?

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Summer Transfer Rumours on 13:58 - May 30 with 5120 viewsNorthernr

Summer Transfer Rumours on 13:57 - May 30 by TheChef

Right back?

That's where he's been playing for them believe it or not, RB and RWB.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 13:59 - May 30 with 5101 viewsHayesender

Dieng to Reims?

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Summer Transfer Rumours on 14:09 - May 30 with 5054 viewsJamesB1979

Summer Transfer Rumours on 13:59 - May 30 by Hayesender

Dieng to Reims?

I don’t know whether I’m getting old or it’s just symptomatic of our situation but for first time ever I’m hoping we sell players like Dieng. It’s not that I don’t think he’s one of our best players but that I’m more concerned about the state of our finances.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 14:38 - May 30 with 4953 viewsderbyhoop

Summer Transfer Rumours on 11:41 - May 30 by Sakura

20/21 - we lost £4.1m
21/22- we lost £24.7m

21/22- we lost £24.7m
23/24- we can lose £4.2m

On top of this:

If we lost 24.7m in 21/22, what steps do you think we can take/ have taken to get that down to 10.1m. Not that a 10m loss should be casually acceptable.

Summer Transfer Rumours on 15:06 - May 30 with 4812 viewsSakura

Summer Transfer Rumours on 14:38 - May 30 by derbyhoop

If we lost 24.7m in 21/22, what steps do you think we can take/ have taken to get that down to 10.1m. Not that a 10m loss should be casually acceptable.

Are you saying you think when the next set of accounts have come out that we will have failed FFP?

I don't believe that. Don't think we would have been signing likes of Lowe when we did if so

If we have failed FFP already then what you said is true. If we declare our accounts next time around and we haven't failed FFP then I am right
Summer Transfer Rumours on 15:13 - May 30 with 4766 viewsSakura

Summer Transfer Rumours on 12:06 - May 30 by Wilkinswatercarrier

Sorry, but that post is littered with ifs, buts and maybes. There is no money, it is going to be free transfers and minimal fees if lucky.

I see we are 5th favourites for relegation, I think that is being generous.

Where as your post is without anything at all. Just negative sentiments from you

Mine is a forecast based on the declared numbers. And yes, I am saying stuff like that ‘if’ Chair or Willock is sold, if Eze does play for England, if Dieng is sold (see recent post above on that topic) then we have extra cash to spend. But if you believe none of those are happening then I have a bridge to sell you…

I’ve presented my thoughts based on numbers in the accounts. You’ve talked about numbers but not told me what numbers your working off so unless you do that I can’t see at all what you are saying
Summer Transfer Rumours on 18:27 - May 30 with 4369 viewsderbyhoop

Summer Transfer Rumours on 15:06 - May 30 by Sakura

Are you saying you think when the next set of accounts have come out that we will have failed FFP?

I don't believe that. Don't think we would have been signing likes of Lowe when we did if so

If we have failed FFP already then what you said is true. If we declare our accounts next time around and we haven't failed FFP then I am right

You have to remember that the £4m loss was lower due to the money received for Eze. £16m is. Without that the loss would have been £20m+.
We don't know the details of that deal so speculation about how much we might receive if he gets a transfer or plays for England, is little more than a guess.
Players like Austin & Johansen may have been free transfers and wages are unlikely to be in the multi millions. Releasing 12 youngsters + 6 x 1st team squad members may help. Up to a point.

Summer Transfer Rumours on 20:49 - May 30 with 4032 viewsHunterhoop

Summer Transfer Rumours on 15:06 - May 30 by Sakura

I understand the logic and applaud the positivity, but the numbers you’re quoting are operational losses not including disallowable costs that contribute to the FFP number. This was pointed out to me when I quoted similar numbers a while ago (when I was actually making the point that I thought we would fail FFP this season when our accounts are published next Spring). I don’t have the exact numbers to hand but I think there are around 4m of disallowable costs each year, so work on a negligible loss, a £20m loss the season before last, and then an unknown loss this last season.

So really we could lose £19m in this last season and be there or thereabouts. So, you’re probably right and we won’t breach FFP when the accounts are published next Spring.

But…

With these numbers, the problem is this coming season. With the rolling FFP, the Eze year drops out, so you suddenly need to break even this season, or, assuming we got our loss down from 20m to 15m last year, 4m. But that’s a huge step further. Even if we did better this season, so the progress next season doesn’t need to be as drastic, the principle is still that this season needs to basically match the Eze year when we brought in 16m of revenue. That means this season we need to net off that sort of number in terms of what we sell and buy.

That’s why I think that everything we can sell will be sold, and everyone brought in will be on a free.

IF we do this stay up and achieve a loss of around that level, we’ll suddenly have a huge amount of cap room in the FFP rolling figure again. That will also be the season when Johansen’a salary will drop off, and a lot of the existing squad’s contracts expire. We’ll likely have the budget to keep our best players on better contracts and bring in one or two.

So, basically, this coming season is the really hard one. And there could be a light at the end of the tunnel if we get through it.

What I don’t quite understand is why Hoos and Ferdinand don’t explain/sell a vision of what the future could hold in a couple of seasons now so everyone understand what’s facing us for the next 12 months. I think it would help Ainsworth create the “us against the world” mentality he goes for, and it will manage the expectations of what will likely come this summer in terms of sales and signings.

This silence is stupid in my view.

It’s their biggest failing in my view; explain the realities by all means, but sell a vision, explain what we’re aiming for and get people excited about the journey there even if it could be a rocky one.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 23:20 - May 30 with 3691 viewsQPRConor2000

one of things Ainsworth will know is the market in L1 and L2 and that might not be a bad thing for us.

i personally think we do need to stop relying so much on injury prone PL loanees and refocus our recruitment on lower league players.

I mean you can pick some serious gems potentially if you do your homework right.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 01:36 - May 31 with 3557 viewsnumptydumpty

Tom Ince release clause from Reading is £50k.

For me this is a no brainer for us.

A position we very weak in.

He was Readings most consistent performer. Often seems need his dad as manager but with Amos Dozzell Johansen all failing last season, suits us I would think. No need for moving properties for him either.

But think several clubs be monitoring this situation.

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

Summer Transfer Rumours on 06:33 - May 31 with 3404 viewsGloucs_R

Summer Transfer Rumours on 23:20 - May 30 by QPRConor2000

one of things Ainsworth will know is the market in L1 and L2 and that might not be a bad thing for us.

i personally think we do need to stop relying so much on injury prone PL loanees and refocus our recruitment on lower league players.

I mean you can pick some serious gems potentially if you do your homework right.

Lutons squad is pretty much made up of lower League players.

Summer Transfer Rumours on 07:00 - May 31 with 3353 viewsdmm

Summer Transfer Rumours on 01:36 - May 31 by numptydumpty

Tom Ince release clause from Reading is £50k.

For me this is a no brainer for us.

A position we very weak in.

He was Readings most consistent performer. Often seems need his dad as manager but with Amos Dozzell Johansen all failing last season, suits us I would think. No need for moving properties for him either.

But think several clubs be monitoring this situation.

Ince would be a useful addition but he plays wide right rather than centre midfield, doesn't he?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024