Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Summer Transfer Rumours 16:26 - May 9 with 396451 viewsderbyhoop

As they seem to have started already, this should be an ongoing thread until August

Seny Dieng - Reims who are mid table in Ligue 1 reportedly interested
Conor Masterson - Gillingham, where he spent the 2nd half of the season; are confident of signing him, but Exeter are also interested

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Summer Transfer Rumours on 19:59 - Jul 24 with 5171 viewssprocket

Fox official

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/morgan-fox-joins-the-rs-240723/
Summer Transfer Rumours on 12:22 - Jul 25 with 4523 viewsHayesender

Dominic Gape on trial after being released by Wycombe. If this is the calibre of player we're looking at, we're more fcked than I thought

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Summer Transfer Rumours on 12:30 - Jul 25 with 4461 viewsDoudou87

We have competition from Stockport County for his signature so don't worry.

Poll: Preferred rumoured CB

Summer Transfer Rumours on 12:35 - Jul 25 with 4418 viewshertshoops

Nope, we've got enough sicknotes already
Summer Transfer Rumours on 18:38 - Jul 25 with 4008 viewsaston_hoop

https://www.footballinsider247.com/sources-wolves-coach-agrees-ac-milan-deal/

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Summer Transfer Rumours on 19:28 - Jul 25 with 3852 viewsflynnbo

Summer Transfer Rumours on 18:38 - Jul 25 by aston_hoop

Do we have a sell on clause?
Summer Transfer Rumours on 20:27 - Jul 25 with 3624 viewsjoolsyp

Summer Transfer Rumours on 19:28 - Jul 25 by flynnbo

Do we have a sell on clause?

Probably should have taken him as back-up to Begs.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 09:27 - Jul 26 with 3161 viewsBklynRanger

I see in that Reading post-match he's now saying just 1 more in before the season starts.

Think that could be Forino still, and then 2 or 3 loans probably - plenty of pressure on them to be motivated, durable, decent etc.

So I suppose we can expect to see Dozzell starting against Watford. *gulp*
Login to get fewer ads

Summer Transfer Rumours on 10:04 - Jul 26 with 3044 viewsBlue_Castello

Summer Transfer Rumours on 09:27 - Jul 26 by BklynRanger

I see in that Reading post-match he's now saying just 1 more in before the season starts.

Think that could be Forino still, and then 2 or 3 loans probably - plenty of pressure on them to be motivated, durable, decent etc.

So I suppose we can expect to see Dozzell starting against Watford. *gulp*

Just watched the interview and my main feeling is sympathy for Ainsworth, he's always trying to be positive even after we just played Readings B team. He's never going to tell us how he really feels but surely he knows we're short of Championship quality players in certain positions and the depth of the squad is very weak.

Agree with you about Dozzell he's definitely in the last chance saloon, just maybe Gareth can improve him he has the skill but it just feels he lacks the drive and athleticism which you need in midfield, ironically he had his best game last year against Watford but that was doing a man marking job on Pedro. Personally would swap him for Dom Ball any day of the week, the man we basically released, spoke to an Ipswich season ticket holder about Dozzell and he had similar thoughts about Dozzell, thinking maybe a move to another team might just help him.
Genuinely hope he improves this season as I want him to be successful for his sake but with such a small squad everyone has to be contributing.
[Post edited 26 Jul 2023 10:05]
Summer Transfer Rumours on 10:21 - Jul 26 with 2960 viewsBklynRanger

Summer Transfer Rumours on 10:04 - Jul 26 by Blue_Castello

Just watched the interview and my main feeling is sympathy for Ainsworth, he's always trying to be positive even after we just played Readings B team. He's never going to tell us how he really feels but surely he knows we're short of Championship quality players in certain positions and the depth of the squad is very weak.

Agree with you about Dozzell he's definitely in the last chance saloon, just maybe Gareth can improve him he has the skill but it just feels he lacks the drive and athleticism which you need in midfield, ironically he had his best game last year against Watford but that was doing a man marking job on Pedro. Personally would swap him for Dom Ball any day of the week, the man we basically released, spoke to an Ipswich season ticket holder about Dozzell and he had similar thoughts about Dozzell, thinking maybe a move to another team might just help him.
Genuinely hope he improves this season as I want him to be successful for his sake but with such a small squad everyone has to be contributing.
[Post edited 26 Jul 2023 10:05]

With Dozzell so much of it did seem to be about effort, determination, confidence, all that sort of stuff. There were matches when he'd get stuck in for periods and get a lot of appreciation for it, and others where he'd look to be making a point of hiding.

So yeah, definitely agree, hopefully Ainsworth can get him to raise his levels by a couple of notches. Even if its just enough for him to be a viable option, which by the end of last season was highly debatable.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 10:34 - Jul 26 with 2913 viewstoboboly

Summer Transfer Rumours on 10:21 - Jul 26 by BklynRanger

With Dozzell so much of it did seem to be about effort, determination, confidence, all that sort of stuff. There were matches when he'd get stuck in for periods and get a lot of appreciation for it, and others where he'd look to be making a point of hiding.

So yeah, definitely agree, hopefully Ainsworth can get him to raise his levels by a couple of notches. Even if its just enough for him to be a viable option, which by the end of last season was highly debatable.

The train has left the station regarding Dozzell. If he was ever gonna show grit and determination he would have done so already. Like Carroll before him I struggle to understand how he keeps getting contracts.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Summer Transfer Rumours on 10:46 - Jul 26 with 2846 viewsted_hendrix

Summer Transfer Rumours on 10:21 - Jul 26 by BklynRanger

I thought when he signed his Father was going to attend each game as his mentor or some such? his Father being Jason Dozzell.
For me I thought at the time he would be a good signing and progress but he hasn't.
It's all a bit disappointing regarding Andre Dozzell but we need ten outfield players playing 100% at they're game, we are not In the position of carrying any players (stating the bleeding obvious).

I still think we're short up front and I'm not talking about height.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Summer Transfer Rumours on 11:11 - Jul 26 with 2744 viewsBklynRanger

I'm not saying he's the messiah but who else are we going to start against Watford?

I've protected myself from watching any of the pre-season stuff so have no idea at all.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 11:21 - Jul 26 with 2671 viewstoboboly

Summer Transfer Rumours on 11:11 - Jul 26 by BklynRanger

I'm not saying he's the messiah but who else are we going to start against Watford?

I've protected myself from watching any of the pre-season stuff so have no idea at all.

Agree but tbh a stack of training cones would probably do a better job.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Summer Transfer Rumours on 11:24 - Jul 26 with 2655 viewsderbyhoop

Summer Transfer Rumours on 12:22 - Jul 25 by Hayesender

Dominic Gape on trial after being released by Wycombe. If this is the calibre of player we're looking at, we're more fcked than I thought

Is he any better than Pedder, Dixon-Bonner, Duke-McKenna or Aoraha?

If the answer is NO, then it would be a pointless signing.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Summer Transfer Rumours on 11:26 - Jul 26 with 2642 viewsWelsh_Ranger

What concerns me with the Dominic Gape trial and appearance in the Reading friendly is as has been written before the, "what manager wants manager gets scenario".

I know Beilk has come in for some criticism recently and don't want to reopen that angle but surely the recruitment/scouting department should have a list of obtainable targets who fit the remit of what we are looking for based on budget, position etc

Surely, their must be someone else out there that meets our criteria better than him?
Summer Transfer Rumours on 11:27 - Jul 26 with 2629 viewsBklynRanger

Summer Transfer Rumours on 11:21 - Jul 26 by toboboly

Agree but tbh a stack of training cones would probably do a better job.

Ideas - good. Let's write to the League then - make it happen.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 11:37 - Jul 26 with 2569 viewsMonkey_Roots

Anyone know where Tim and Jamal will end up - have there been any rumours about them?
Summer Transfer Rumours on 11:48 - Jul 26 with 2500 viewsWatford_Ranger

Summer Transfer Rumours on 10:34 - Jul 26 by toboboly

The train has left the station regarding Dozzell. If he was ever gonna show grit and determination he would have done so already. Like Carroll before him I struggle to understand how he keeps getting contracts.

Will be interesting to see where he ends up whenever he’s released from whatever stupid wage he’s on here. Doubt he’s got the bollocks for the lower leagues. He might look ok floating around midfield in the US or something but he offers absolutely nothing to a Football League club here IMO. Stealing a living.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 12:14 - Jul 26 with 2372 viewsTK1

No idea whether he'll sign or not but most managers who plan to be here long-term and have a small budget to adhere to sign a Gape-style player.

Warburton signed Dom Ball, Holloway signed Bignot, Gerry Francis signed Holloway and Bailey, Warnock signed Hill/Derry...etc.

Limited but reliable players manager knows well and trusts in the dressing room, who can help lead the group. Players who proudly view QPR has a step-up, a destination.

Fans always freak out, viewing it as a sign there's a barbarian in charge who's gonna burn our heritage down and that the board have given up. But we always need that grit and we always talk much more highly of them after they've gone.

Gape has played many more games at a higher level than Dom Ball; we missed that style of player last year. Fox also has a very similar profile to Clint Hall (left sided defender comfortable at LB but better at CB), except he's younger than Hill when he signed and has played for longer at this level.

Who knows if either will work out, but we need CBs and CMs badly and both positions are risky for expensive Prem league kid loans. Save that hopefully for a CF.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 12:40 - Jul 26 with 2243 viewsLoyalitat

Summer Transfer Rumours on 12:14 - Jul 26 by TK1

No idea whether he'll sign or not but most managers who plan to be here long-term and have a small budget to adhere to sign a Gape-style player.

Warburton signed Dom Ball, Holloway signed Bignot, Gerry Francis signed Holloway and Bailey, Warnock signed Hill/Derry...etc.

Limited but reliable players manager knows well and trusts in the dressing room, who can help lead the group. Players who proudly view QPR has a step-up, a destination.

Fans always freak out, viewing it as a sign there's a barbarian in charge who's gonna burn our heritage down and that the board have given up. But we always need that grit and we always talk much more highly of them after they've gone.

Gape has played many more games at a higher level than Dom Ball; we missed that style of player last year. Fox also has a very similar profile to Clint Hall (left sided defender comfortable at LB but better at CB), except he's younger than Hill when he signed and has played for longer at this level.

Who knows if either will work out, but we need CBs and CMs badly and both positions are risky for expensive Prem league kid loans. Save that hopefully for a CF.

How many games has Gape played at a higher level then?. It would appear just one game for Southampton and without looking, I doubt that was a Premier League game. In comparison, Ball was involved in 90 odd games for QPR at Championship level.

I have to say that on yesterday's non-show of a performance from Gape against very weak opposition, I hope that's where our interest ends.

Bemoan Dozzell as much as we want, but he's better than Gape. I would rather we gave more opportunities to the likes of Dixon-Bonner, Pedder, Aoraha, ahead of signing Gape.
[Post edited 26 Jul 2023 12:46]
Summer Transfer Rumours on 12:46 - Jul 26 with 2206 viewsRBlock

Summer Transfer Rumours on 12:40 - Jul 26 by Loyalitat

How many games has Gape played at a higher level then?. It would appear just one game for Southampton and without looking, I doubt that was a Premier League game. In comparison, Ball was involved in 90 odd games for QPR at Championship level.

I have to say that on yesterday's non-show of a performance from Gape against very weak opposition, I hope that's where our interest ends.

Bemoan Dozzell as much as we want, but he's better than Gape. I would rather we gave more opportunities to the likes of Dixon-Bonner, Pedder, Aoraha, ahead of signing Gape.
[Post edited 26 Jul 2023 12:46]

Look at Ball's endeavour as well. Whether he was doing well or not, you'd know he was in the game trying to impact it. Barely noticed Gape yesterday and I watched the full 90. Was on board with a Wing, but really want to leave Gape well alone.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 13:04 - Jul 26 with 2103 viewsterryb

Summer Transfer Rumours on 12:14 - Jul 26 by TK1

According to Wiki, Gape has made 14 appearances in The Championship & the last time he appeared in over 50% of league gamess in a season was 2018/19 - 28. In contrast Ball had played 13 in the Championship & 68 in the Scottish Premier when he joined us.

Somebody quoted that Gareth Ainsworth had said that we will be making 2 or 3 signings after the Wimbledon match, one of which was Fox. If it's now down to 1 signing, surely that would sugest that Gape failed in his trial?
Summer Transfer Rumours on 13:04 - Jul 26 with 2099 viewsTK1

I meant at a higher level than Ball when Ball signed. Ball hit that higher level with us. Maybe Gape will?

I mean, it's much of muchness. But he has played a lot of games.

For avoidance of doubt, I wouldn't sign him. He's not a great age and he's been injured a bit. But then again, I don't know him that well. I don't think the trial was to impress us or even GA/RD. It was probably to see where he is fitness-wise as he's got issues in that respect. As I say, mangers like to have one or two willing workhorses they know well. They may not be who 18 year old experts and "freelance journalists" on twitter would pick for their fantasy teams, but they usually do a useful job over potentially a difficult season.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 13:09 - Jul 26 with 2068 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Summer Transfer Rumours on 18:38 - Jul 25 by aston_hoop

Bet he still doesn't smile.

As Cascarino said about his Ireland team-mate Stapleton "He's the kind of man who gets up, walks to the bathroom, looks in the mirror and smiles. Just to get it out of the way for the day.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024