Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Summer Transfer Rumours 16:26 - May 9 with 396412 viewsderbyhoop

As they seem to have started already, this should be an ongoing thread until August

Seny Dieng - Reims who are mid table in Ligue 1 reportedly interested
Conor Masterson - Gillingham, where he spent the 2nd half of the season; are confident of signing him, but Exeter are also interested

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Summer Transfer Rumours on 09:19 - Aug 1 with 4727 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Summer Transfer Rumours on 09:12 - Aug 1 by Maggsinho

Worth scrolling through his replies on Twitter as he expands on this a bit
[Post edited 1 Aug 2023 9:13]

Good info, thanks Maggsinho.

It's markedly different to the woebegone tales coming out of Ainsworth last week. We'll have to wait and see who is correct - him or McIntyre.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Summer Transfer Rumours on 09:23 - Aug 1 with 4687 viewsNorthernr

Summer Transfer Rumours on 09:19 - Aug 1 by BrianMcCarthy

Good info, thanks Maggsinho.

It's markedly different to the woebegone tales coming out of Ainsworth last week. We'll have to wait and see who is correct - him or McIntyre.

5-0 defeat to Oxford between now and then. I wonder if it's sparked yet another change of plan.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 09:28 - Aug 1 with 4638 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Summer Transfer Rumours on 09:23 - Aug 1 by Northernr

5-0 defeat to Oxford between now and then. I wonder if it's sparked yet another change of plan.

Very possible alright. Good point.

Summer Transfer Rumours on 09:42 - Aug 1 with 4535 viewsCateLeBonR

Summer Transfer Rumours on 09:28 - Aug 1 by BrianMcCarthy

Very possible alright. Good point.

Might be that we accept a lower offer for Chair or Willock or both.

Also they must have considered the idea of a small breach of the FFP limit. From memory the punishments increase incrementally depending on how much you overspend. So going £5m over the limit might be better in the long run than getting relegated.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 09:45 - Aug 1 with 4494 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Summer Transfer Rumours on 09:42 - Aug 1 by CateLeBonR

Also they must have considered the idea of a small breach of the FFP limit. From memory the punishments increase incrementally depending on how much you overspend. So going £5m over the limit might be better in the long run than getting relegated.

Also possible. Something's afoot, Cate.

Summer Transfer Rumours on 10:03 - Aug 1 with 4373 viewsHammersmithR

Update on Forino. Wycombe not accepting our 350k offer. He wants to come. He has 1 year left on his deal. Wycombe going to keep him. Things might change if Forino continues to not accept their offer. Wycombe won’t want to risk losing him for free next summer.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 10:04 - Aug 1 with 4370 viewsCateLeBonR

Summer Transfer Rumours on 09:45 - Aug 1 by BrianMcCarthy

Also possible. Something's afoot, Cate.

Never a dull moment Brian.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 10:08 - Aug 1 with 4311 viewsCroydonCaptJack

These lines in the sand get washed away unfortunately
Login to get fewer ads

Summer Transfer Rumours on 10:30 - Aug 1 with 4187 viewsQPROslo

Summer Transfer Rumours on 09:42 - Aug 1 by CateLeBonR

With our previous with the EFL a Pound over the limit would likely get the whole Club locked away in the Pinky. Forever. UR's.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 10:30 - Aug 1 with 4184 viewsfrancisbowles

A panic reaction is understandable, you've only got to read Clive's reports and Antti's comments to see what a difficult position we are in.

There are numerous ways to structure pay and bonuses. A signing on bonus can be waived and a slightly higher one year loyalty bonus can replace it, which would then be posted in the following set of accounts. Similar structures can be used with salary packages.

They could, if they haven't already, try and persuade Wycombe to defer some or all of a fee for Forino.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 13:10 - Aug 1 with 3789 viewsdmm

Summer Transfer Rumours on 10:30 - Aug 1 by francisbowles

A panic reaction is understandable, you've only got to read Clive's reports and Antti's comments to see what a difficult position we are in.

There are numerous ways to structure pay and bonuses. A signing on bonus can be waived and a slightly higher one year loyalty bonus can replace it, which would then be posted in the following set of accounts. Similar structures can be used with salary packages.

They could, if they haven't already, try and persuade Wycombe to defer some or all of a fee for Forino.

Indeed but don't transfer fees get paid over the term of the contract anyway? Or is that just how it's expressed in the club's accounts?
Summer Transfer Rumours on 13:14 - Aug 1 with 3781 viewstkqpr

Summer Transfer Rumours on 10:03 - Aug 1 by HammersmithR

Update on Forino. Wycombe not accepting our 350k offer. He wants to come. He has 1 year left on his deal. Wycombe going to keep him. Things might change if Forino continues to not accept their offer. Wycombe won’t want to risk losing him for free next summer.

Mess about over £50,000 for Forino and you end up missing out on a free Jack Whatmough? he's left Wigan, so hes free, 26 and is a very competent CB.

Why havent we made him a priority? Its clear we need another CB and clear we have no money? Its also clear the Season starts on Saturday!
Summer Transfer Rumours on 14:06 - Aug 1 with 3569 viewstkqpr

Apparently Lincoln turned down £350k bid from QPR for their striker Ben House. He has agreed a dew deal to stay at the club (not sure if yet signed?).

He's well thought of at Lincoln and theres much hope of him and the returnin Tyler Walker blasting them up the league this season.

[Post edited 1 Aug 2023 14:08]
Summer Transfer Rumours on 14:44 - Aug 1 with 3384 viewsLblock

Summer Transfer Rumours on 13:10 - Aug 1 by dmm

Indeed but don't transfer fees get paid over the term of the contract anyway? Or is that just how it's expressed in the club's accounts?

How about signed on loan with an agreement to pay in full in 10 months time?

That was the wonderful deal we did for that trojan of a man from Brighton in Taylor Richards wasn't it?

Masterstroke

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Summer Transfer Rumours on 14:48 - Aug 1 with 3351 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Was there even a plan to be changed? We just seem to bumble along from one crisis to another.

I put it down to blind panic after that performance. Where's Corporal Jones?
Summer Transfer Rumours on 14:50 - Aug 1 with 3352 viewsMytch_QPR

Summer Transfer Rumours on 14:44 - Aug 1 by Lblock

That was the wonderful deal we did for that trojan of a man from Brighton in Taylor Richards wasn't it?

Masterstroke

Maybe we could call the club and ask for free tickets to home games this season with full payment deferred until June if we stay up.
[Post edited 1 Aug 2023 14:51]

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

Summer Transfer Rumours on 14:57 - Aug 1 with 3297 viewsCateLeBonR

Summer Transfer Rumours on 14:44 - Aug 1 by Lblock

Masterstroke

I guess £1m this season or next isn’t very important to the deep pockets at Brighton but £400,000 is a big deal to Wycombe. They don’t owe us any favours.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 15:02 - Aug 1 with 3253 viewsLogman

What about Charlie Goode ? We were after him from Northampton prior to landing Dickie but Brentford out-bid us. He's not a first teamer at Brentford and was loaned out twice last season so they might be OK with him coming to us for a few months.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 15:45 - Aug 1 with 3059 viewsSK_hoops

Read on Facebook (reliable source I know) that Aden Flint was coming.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 16:05 - Aug 1 with 2903 viewssprocket

Summer Transfer Rumours on 15:45 - Aug 1 by SK_hoops

Read on Facebook (reliable source I know) that Aden Flint was coming.

Jesus wept
Summer Transfer Rumours on 17:53 - Aug 1 with 2595 viewsaston_hoop

Josh Knight, Good Night

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Summer Transfer Rumours on 18:07 - Aug 1 with 2479 viewsdannyblue

Wonder why we pulled out?

Certainly suggests something else is going to happen to the budget for Knight and hopefully Collback isn't that something else.
[Post edited 1 Aug 2023 18:08]
Summer Transfer Rumours on 18:09 - Aug 1 with 2464 viewsAntti_Heinola

Summer Transfer Rumours on 17:53 - Aug 1 by aston_hoop

Josh Knight, Good Night

If we pulled out, I wonder if that means it's because another one is incoming.
Will be slightly gutting if we pulled out of a 25yo for 34 yo Flint.

Bare bones.

Summer Transfer Rumours on 18:11 - Aug 1 with 2444 viewsaston_hoop

I'm hoping it means we got Wycombe down to 300k for Forino...in reality I don't know if one is better than the other but I suppose the club do!

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Summer Transfer Rumours on 18:14 - Aug 1 with 2412 viewsTomMorgz7

Summer Transfer Rumours on 18:07 - Aug 1 by dannyblue

Wonder why we pulled out?

Certainly suggests something else is going to happen to the budget for Knight and hopefully Collback isn't that something else.
[Post edited 1 Aug 2023 18:08]

Can only imagine that another option on a free has materialised, and so we therefore wouldn't have to spend any of our limited budget. Considering Knight is the kind of player we should be targeting, I'd love to see the alternative we've opted for (... )
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024