Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Summer Transfer Rumours 16:26 - May 9 with 396466 viewsderbyhoop

As they seem to have started already, this should be an ongoing thread until August

Seny Dieng - Reims who are mid table in Ligue 1 reportedly interested
Conor Masterson - Gillingham, where he spent the 2nd half of the season; are confident of signing him, but Exeter are also interested

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Summer Transfer Rumours on 18:24 - Aug 1 with 4071 views1JD

Summer Transfer Rumours on 18:11 - Aug 1 by aston_hoop

I'm hoping it means we got Wycombe down to 300k for Forino...in reality I don't know if one is better than the other but I suppose the club do!

Well Josh Knight is 26 next month and has no resale value, 2 years from now, he’s 28.

Whereas Forino has just turned 23, 2 years from now he’s 25, and a sellable asset assuming all goes well.

So if I’m Ruben, dishing out money, Forino is the clear winner as there is chance of getting a return on investment, whilst for Knight it will likely be dead money.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 18:37 - Aug 1 with 3904 viewsdmm

Summer Transfer Rumours on 18:24 - Aug 1 by 1JD

Well Josh Knight is 26 next month and has no resale value, 2 years from now, he’s 28.

Whereas Forino has just turned 23, 2 years from now he’s 25, and a sellable asset assuming all goes well.

So if I’m Ruben, dishing out money, Forino is the clear winner as there is chance of getting a return on investment, whilst for Knight it will likely be dead money.

Wouldn't a player aged 28 be at his peak? I get what you're saying but it seems a tad extreme to say he'd have no resale value at 28.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 18:56 - Aug 1 with 3761 viewsdaveB

Summer Transfer Rumours on 18:24 - Aug 1 by 1JD

which of our squad has a resale value at the moment? We should go for the better player, no idea which one that is though
Summer Transfer Rumours on 18:58 - Aug 1 with 3725 viewsMedwayR

Considering we sold Dickie for £1.5m you'd like to think we could stretch to £600-700k for Knight and Forino really, especially as we're short at CB, if they're our main targets in that position.

Poll: Who’s better?

Summer Transfer Rumours on 19:31 - Aug 1 with 3479 viewsBAWHoops

It's going to come down to which CB costs less over the course of their contract as opposed to just now because amortisation is how this is all calculated

If Whatmough is on a free, but is asking for £12k a week across 3 years thats £624k each year on the budget

Forino is likely asking for less money (maybe £6k) but if we get him for £350k that's £428k across each year of a 3 year deal

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Summer Transfer Rumours on 19:39 - Aug 1 with 3442 viewsNorthernr

My suspicion is that the Oxford debacle has shifted our "strategy" somewhat.

Paying £300k for a project from Peterborough, the one signing I would have quite liked... fck that.

Give Colback the two years he wants, get him over the line.

Get Flint/Cook/Clogger type to fill that gap at centre half instead. If it's Whatmough then fair enough but basically feels post-Saturday like it's time to start packing us to the gills with coagulant.

We now need bodies, big quantity not quality vibe.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 20:32 - Aug 1 with 3100 viewsRangersw12

Summer Transfer Rumours on 19:39 - Aug 1 by Northernr

Paying £300k for a project from Peterborough, the one signing I would have quite liked... fck that.

Get Flint/Cook/Clogger type to fill that gap at centre half instead. If it's Whatmough then fair enough but basically feels post-Saturday like it's time to start packing us to the gills with coagulant.

In the words of hair island "a team of men "
Summer Transfer Rumours on 20:32 - Aug 1 with 3101 views1JD

Summer Transfer Rumours on 18:37 - Aug 1 by dmm

Wouldn't a player aged 28 be at his peak? I get what you're saying but it seems a tad extreme to say he'd have no resale value at 28.

He might be at his peak, but that doesn’t bear much correlation to his market value. Or in other words, what someone else will pay. How many players are sold to the prem from the champ at 28 years old? Apart from goalkeepers, the answer is next to nothing.

That is the market of our supposed business model. And there is no money selling a player in the champ to another champ club aged 27, 28. You might get 750k-1.5m max. See Dickie as a recent example. We need to be placing our bets in assets that have a far greater potential for a return on investment. That can then be reinvested. See Brentford. Otherwise we’ll be in this league, or the one below, pisballing about with mediocre player sales for a long long time to come!
[Post edited 1 Aug 2023 20:38]
Login to get fewer ads

Summer Transfer Rumours on 20:42 - Aug 1 with 3031 views1JD

Summer Transfer Rumours on 18:56 - Aug 1 by daveB

which of our squad has a resale value at the moment? We should go for the better player, no idea which one that is though

According to my mates who are Wycombe ST holders, it’s Forino hands down. They’ve had both at Adams Park.

Also that’s my concern Dave - as you point out there is hardly any players in the squad who have resale value or any kind of value. I look at Sunderland - the whole squad is literally under 21, and they finished top 6. And I’m left to wonder what the heck we are doing.
[Post edited 1 Aug 2023 20:45]
Summer Transfer Rumours on 21:01 - Aug 1 with 2925 viewsChrisNW6

Summer Transfer Rumours on 20:42 - Aug 1 by 1JD

According to my mates who are Wycombe ST holders, it’s Forino hands down. They’ve had both at Adams Park.

Also that’s my concern Dave - as you point out there is hardly any players in the squad who have resale value or any kind of value. I look at Sunderland - the whole squad is literally under 21, and they finished top 6. And I’m left to wonder what the heck we are doing.
[Post edited 1 Aug 2023 20:45]

Do Sunderland have Cat 1 academy and they had to drop down a League to rebuild. Long term I am hoping we can do something similar in the Championship but it's a long stretch.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 21:11 - Aug 1 with 2877 viewsdaveB

Summer Transfer Rumours on 19:39 - Aug 1 by Northernr

This was always likely to happen after the first big defeat of the season and Ainsworth is probably quietly pleased it happened at Oxford if it means he gets in the players he wants
Summer Transfer Rumours on 21:11 - Aug 1 with 2874 viewsNorthernr

Summer Transfer Rumours on 20:32 - Aug 1 by Rangersw12

In the words of hair island "a team of men "

Yeh we're at that point of our cycle again. Ainsworth's West Brom 7-1 luckily occurred in a friendly.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 21:25 - Aug 1 with 2796 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Summer Transfer Rumours on 21:11 - Aug 1 by Northernr

Yeh we're at that point of our cycle again. Ainsworth's West Brom 7-1 luckily occurred in a friendly.

So after 5 years of McClaren, Warburton, Beale, Critchley and Ainsworth, a £20m sale and numerous in and out transfers, we are no better off.

What a waste of half a decade!

I wonder if we'll all be having the same debates in 2028?
Summer Transfer Rumours on 21:36 - Aug 1 with 2728 viewsHayesender

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/qpr-trio-to-miss-watford-game-as-ainsworth-c

JCS surprise surprise. Waste of skin that bloke like Roberts

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Summer Transfer Rumours on 22:04 - Aug 1 with 2585 viewsdmm

Being down to bare bones for the season's first game doesn't bode does it? Saturday is looking pretty scary.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 22:34 - Aug 1 with 2431 viewsspencer

I know I'm in a minority , but Dickie when he started for us , looked one of the best footballing defenders we had for a long time. I think Bristol City will turn him back into he decent prospect he once was.

We have a habit of making average players with potential ... worse .

I cannot believe we are sitting here 4 days before the start of our new season with the only fit central defender ..... a reject from Stoke .
Once Dickie and Balogun were off ....we should have had a defender in ....
We all knew JCS would be a non starter and that leaves us with Dunne - who is now injured .

Obviously FFP has a lot to do with this....but FFS .....

Hopefully we can get out of the Watford game in single figure defat and then pray we can sign a few more freebie from somewhere.....

Desperation already ...
Summer Transfer Rumours on 23:01 - Aug 1 with 2305 viewsLblock

Summer Transfer Rumours on 21:36 - Aug 1 by Hayesender

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/qpr-trio-to-miss-watford-game-as-ainsworth-c

JCS surprise surprise. Waste of skin that bloke like Roberts

“Calf problem”

Utter t0ss

Makes my blood boil that the club continually sign crocks and wasters.
It’s a disgrace and the due diligence is nowhere

Don’t give me all that guff about us needing to sign players with issues as “punts”. It’s bollox. I’m sure around 65 clubs in the leagues don’t have this as their transfer approach

Time of need - who’s putting up their hand? No fcukr

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Summer Transfer Rumours on 23:04 - Aug 1 with 2285 viewsAntti_Heinola

Summer Transfer Rumours on 22:34 - Aug 1 by spencer

I know I'm in a minority , but Dickie when he started for us , looked one of the best footballing defenders we had for a long time. I think Bristol City will turn him back into he decent prospect he once was.

We have a habit of making average players with potential ... worse .

I cannot believe we are sitting here 4 days before the start of our new season with the only fit central defender ..... a reject from Stoke .
Once Dickie and Balogun were off ....we should have had a defender in ....
We all knew JCS would be a non starter and that leaves us with Dunne - who is now injured .

Obviously FFP has a lot to do with this....but FFS .....

Hopefully we can get out of the Watford game in single figure defat and then pray we can sign a few more freebie from somewhere.....

Desperation already ...

It's absolutely farcical.

Bare bones.

Summer Transfer Rumours on 23:08 - Aug 1 with 2261 viewsRangersw12

Smyth played for B team today along with Fox so assume both should be available for Saturday
Summer Transfer Rumours on 23:17 - Aug 1 with 2217 viewsDannyPaddox

Summer Transfer Rumours on 23:08 - Aug 1 by Rangersw12

Smyth played for B team today along with Fox so assume both should be available for Saturday

Real football or that thing with a joystick and pixelated simulacrums poncing around on a screen?
Summer Transfer Rumours on 23:35 - Aug 1 with 2161 viewsdaveB

I know we are limited to who we can bring in and we'll sign loads in the next few weeks due to sheer panic but to go into the first game with a squad weaker in almost every position to that shitshow last season is some effort

Dieng gone and replaced by an old man who has been in semi retirement for the last 8 years and just opened a football school up the road as a big motivation for joining, giving him the captains armband obviously rather than Field or Dunne, lessons learned and all that

We've lost laird so weaker at right back, is Larkeshe any better than NIko despite all the hype not seen him play yet. Centre half looks a disaster. Midfield we've lost Tim, Amos and Stef with only one addition in Colback who I like but is just another Field really.
Up front we've lost martin, Lowe and Roberts, no great loss but all better than our current options.

As I say it takes some doing to get worse but we've managed it
Summer Transfer Rumours on 00:52 - Aug 2 with 2000 viewskensalriser

At this point it's so bad we'd have been better off keeping Amos.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Summer Transfer Rumours on 02:03 - Aug 2 with 1931 viewsvanrrrr

Summer Transfer Rumours on 23:35 - Aug 1 by daveB

I know we are limited to who we can bring in and we'll sign loads in the next few weeks due to sheer panic but to go into the first game with a squad weaker in almost every position to that shitshow last season is some effort

Dieng gone and replaced by an old man who has been in semi retirement for the last 8 years and just opened a football school up the road as a big motivation for joining, giving him the captains armband obviously rather than Field or Dunne, lessons learned and all that

We've lost laird so weaker at right back, is Larkeshe any better than NIko despite all the hype not seen him play yet. Centre half looks a disaster. Midfield we've lost Tim, Amos and Stef with only one addition in Colback who I like but is just another Field really.
Up front we've lost martin, Lowe and Roberts, no great loss but all better than our current options.

As I say it takes some doing to get worse but we've managed it

It is remarkable.

The whole club just seemed so nonchalant about it. I was expecting the day after the Bristol City game that the change process and planning for this season would start but we wasted a month there at least until Les left and not much happening and seem to have only started the DoF search after that… (surely we should have had candidate search started during the season and been ready to make a move in May?) Instead the club seem to have been floating along making out like everything is fine and having a jolly old time … and then Oxford happened and it seems they were surprised ( I suspect not many of us were) and now it’s a lunatic dash to get bodies in whichever way we can.

I said on another thread that Colback signing was thoroughly depressing , not so much based on him as a player, but more as a reflection of just how badly run we are and how we ended up here… again. We never learn.

In the end I think it will end badly, but you earn your luck and success .
Summer Transfer Rumours on 02:15 - Aug 2 with 1914 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Summer Transfer Rumours on 02:03 - Aug 2 by vanrrrr

It is remarkable.

The whole club just seemed so nonchalant about it. I was expecting the day after the Bristol City game that the change process and planning for this season would start but we wasted a month there at least until Les left and not much happening and seem to have only started the DoF search after that… (surely we should have had candidate search started during the season and been ready to make a move in May?) Instead the club seem to have been floating along making out like everything is fine and having a jolly old time … and then Oxford happened and it seems they were surprised ( I suspect not many of us were) and now it’s a lunatic dash to get bodies in whichever way we can.

I said on another thread that Colback signing was thoroughly depressing , not so much based on him as a player, but more as a reflection of just how badly run we are and how we ended up here… again. We never learn.

In the end I think it will end badly, but you earn your luck and success .

Are we sure there is a DoF search?

Not sure we can presume that there is.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Summer Transfer Rumours on 03:09 - Aug 2 with 1860 viewsVancouverHoop

I wouldn't expect to hear about it whether there is or not.

A DoF is not someone you change every season or so, unlike a manager/coach. It's an appointment you hope, and expect, to last for years. Names bandied about in the media will just muddy the water, and make the process more difficult for all concerned. I'll be surprised if there's an announcement this year and, more likely not until well after that.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024