Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Summer Transfer Rumours 16:26 - May 9 with 396364 viewsderbyhoop

As they seem to have started already, this should be an ongoing thread until August

Seny Dieng - Reims who are mid table in Ligue 1 reportedly interested
Conor Masterson - Gillingham, where he spent the 2nd half of the season; are confident of signing him, but Exeter are also interested

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Summer Transfer Rumours on 03:13 - Aug 2 with 4448 viewsvanrrrr

Summer Transfer Rumours on 02:15 - Aug 2 by BrianMcCarthy

Are we sure there is a DoF search?

Not sure we can presume that there is.

I was going off of this story

Summer Transfer Rumours on 05:57 - Aug 2 with 4298 viewsLblock

Summer Transfer Rumours on 00:52 - Aug 2 by kensalriser

At this point it's so bad we'd have been better off keeping Amos.

Things are bad……really bad……..but never that level of bad

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Summer Transfer Rumours on 06:06 - Aug 2 with 4280 viewsLblock

Summer Transfer Rumours on 23:35 - Aug 1 by daveB

I know we are limited to who we can bring in and we'll sign loads in the next few weeks due to sheer panic but to go into the first game with a squad weaker in almost every position to that shitshow last season is some effort

Dieng gone and replaced by an old man who has been in semi retirement for the last 8 years and just opened a football school up the road as a big motivation for joining, giving him the captains armband obviously rather than Field or Dunne, lessons learned and all that

We've lost laird so weaker at right back, is Larkeshe any better than NIko despite all the hype not seen him play yet. Centre half looks a disaster. Midfield we've lost Tim, Amos and Stef with only one addition in Colback who I like but is just another Field really.
Up front we've lost martin, Lowe and Roberts, no great loss but all better than our current options.

As I say it takes some doing to get worse but we've managed it

This is sobering stuff.

It’s almost as if we’re screaming “iceberg!!!!!!” but rather than turn the ship to starboard they’re actually going full steam ahead

Nobody is deriding those asking for signings as it’s not a case of ‘more blood’…..we actually desperately need bodies. My concern is the choice of those bodies is being done by those not up to it, we’ve no plan and we’re now sacrificing any level of quality just for numbers.

Horrific

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Summer Transfer Rumours on 06:55 - Aug 2 with 4175 viewsdistortR

Summer Transfer Rumours on 00:52 - Aug 2 by kensalriser

At this point it's so bad we'd have been better off keeping Amos.

Amos gone? So who was that running around but not affecting anything on Saturday then?
Summer Transfer Rumours on 07:09 - Aug 2 with 4128 viewsdistortR

Watch as we belatedly sign a right back - which we need to - after extending Drewe's contract, despite not wanting to ever use him because he's clearly not up to the required level.
So we'll end up leaking money to Drewe, who's application I like, a player I think would be better served finding a club at a lower level where he can regularly play and create a career.

It's McClaren again, good ol' QPR stuck on rinse and repeat. Scratch that managerial itch. It's just appalling mismanagement.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 07:38 - Aug 2 with 4035 viewsNed_Kennedys

Summer Transfer Rumours on 02:03 - Aug 2 by vanrrrr

It is remarkable.

The whole club just seemed so nonchalant about it. I was expecting the day after the Bristol City game that the change process and planning for this season would start but we wasted a month there at least until Les left and not much happening and seem to have only started the DoF search after that… (surely we should have had candidate search started during the season and been ready to make a move in May?) Instead the club seem to have been floating along making out like everything is fine and having a jolly old time … and then Oxford happened and it seems they were surprised ( I suspect not many of us were) and now it’s a lunatic dash to get bodies in whichever way we can.

I said on another thread that Colback signing was thoroughly depressing , not so much based on him as a player, but more as a reflection of just how badly run we are and how we ended up here… again. We never learn.

In the end I think it will end badly, but you earn your luck and success .

Nonchalant: relaxed and calm, either because they do not care about something or because they are not worried about something.

Do you really think the club have not been working continuously on the squad? As well as who has already left or arrived there must be numerous other discussions taking place, a lot of which comes to nothing as deals cannot be agreed or players close to go elsewhere : and it’s common knowledge that a lot of business gets done after contracts end and once Premier League squads are finalised.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 08:07 - Aug 2 with 3912 viewsdmm

Summer Transfer Rumours on 07:38 - Aug 2 by Ned_Kennedys

Nonchalant: relaxed and calm, either because they do not care about something or because they are not worried about something.

Do you really think the club have not been working continuously on the squad? As well as who has already left or arrived there must be numerous other discussions taking place, a lot of which comes to nothing as deals cannot be agreed or players close to go elsewhere : and it’s common knowledge that a lot of business gets done after contracts end and once Premier League squads are finalised.

I'm as alarmed as the next person at the state of the first team squad just a few days before the start of the season. However, I'd tend to agree with your perspective on why we are where we are.

I'd add that an almost non-existent budget and the relegation scrap to come make us unattractive. I wouldn't be surprised if there's a long list of targets who've turned us down.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 08:22 - Aug 2 with 3828 viewsstevec

Summer Transfer Rumours on 13:14 - Aug 1 by tkqpr

Mess about over £50,000 for Forino and you end up missing out on a free Jack Whatmough? he's left Wigan, so hes free, 26 and is a very competent CB.

Why havent we made him a priority? Its clear we need another CB and clear we have no money? Its also clear the Season starts on Saturday!

Exactly.

Quite why Ainsworth would prefer a stand in for one injury prone centre back with another injury prone centre back beggars belief.

The Whatmough fella seems to play every week and been stoically loyal to the teams he’s played for.
Login to get fewer ads

Summer Transfer Rumours on 08:33 - Aug 2 with 3790 viewsPadulas_Shampoo

Dave Mac has mentioned at least 2/3 times this summer that QPR are 'expecting interest' in a couple of their players but not until later in the window...

I have a theory that they know pretty well that Field or Chair will be off in August for decent money and that decent money is forming a large percentage of the playing budget but of course they can't spend it until it's actually come in. There's a couple of quid lying around for wages of experienced pros as a plan B but they can't invoke that until they know the player sale(s) won't happen.

Or in other words, they don't want to sign Steve Cook and Chris Martin now if they'll be able to afford Forino, House and Knight in three weeks time.

As time ticks on they're having to push through some of the plan B deals through utter desperation now... Or perhaps they've become less confident of selling Chair / Willock / Field in August and are having to move onto plan B. But I reckon this explains why they've been so glacier-like with their speed of transfer movement.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 08:51 - Aug 2 with 3672 viewswombat

Summer Transfer Rumours on 08:33 - Aug 2 by Padulas_Shampoo

Dave Mac has mentioned at least 2/3 times this summer that QPR are 'expecting interest' in a couple of their players but not until later in the window...

I have a theory that they know pretty well that Field or Chair will be off in August for decent money and that decent money is forming a large percentage of the playing budget but of course they can't spend it until it's actually come in. There's a couple of quid lying around for wages of experienced pros as a plan B but they can't invoke that until they know the player sale(s) won't happen.

Or in other words, they don't want to sign Steve Cook and Chris Martin now if they'll be able to afford Forino, House and Knight in three weeks time.

As time ticks on they're having to push through some of the plan B deals through utter desperation now... Or perhaps they've become less confident of selling Chair / Willock / Field in August and are having to move onto plan B. But I reckon this explains why they've been so glacier-like with their speed of transfer movement.

been thinking the same thing my self . at pres its the lidl shopping list but we might be lucky to start shopping at tescos as the window shuts . just means the first few games will be car crashes with the present squad until anyone new gets up to speed and fitness lefvels needed .

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Summer Transfer Rumours on 09:06 - Aug 2 with 3595 viewsfrancisbowles

Summer Transfer Rumours on 08:51 - Aug 2 by wombat

been thinking the same thing my self . at pres its the lidl shopping list but we might be lucky to start shopping at tescos as the window shuts . just means the first few games will be car crashes with the present squad until anyone new gets up to speed and fitness lefvels needed .

In my mind we are at the food bank as our universal credit payment is deferred.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 09:15 - Aug 2 with 3526 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Summer Transfer Rumours on 03:13 - Aug 2 by vanrrrr

I was going off of this story

Thanks vanrrrr.

I missed that story.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Summer Transfer Rumours on 09:17 - Aug 2 with 3499 viewsdavman

Summer Transfer Rumours on 21:11 - Aug 1 by Northernr

Yeh we're at that point of our cycle again. Ainsworth's West Brom 7-1 luckily occurred in a friendly.

Yep, but seeing as we'll have to get new players "up to speed" before we play them, there is a good chance that it will be repeated at Watford.

See no reason not to change my 6-0 prediction. It is the same group of wasters that took us to the brink last season less two capable centre halves.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Summer Transfer Rumours on 09:36 - Aug 2 with 3387 views1JD

Summer Transfer Rumours on 08:07 - Aug 2 by dmm

I'm as alarmed as the next person at the state of the first team squad just a few days before the start of the season. However, I'd tend to agree with your perspective on why we are where we are.

I'd add that an almost non-existent budget and the relegation scrap to come make us unattractive. I wouldn't be surprised if there's a long list of targets who've turned us down.

When your manager is happy to promote in every interview that it is going to be tough, you are up against it, and you are in for a battle of survival - before a ball has been kicked - it goes without saying that it is highly unattractive to any footballer we may be pursuing.

We are working to a tight budget for sure, but my word, Ainsworth absolutely is not helping the club sell itself in such an ultra competitive market. Whatever the club gained on the training ground, they lost with Ainsworth undermining the club.

It’s ok for the fans to talk down our chances, but for the manager to do it, so openly, and so repeatedly, not only calls bullsh”t on his mr positive persona - which I’m seeing zero evidence of (other than fist pumps and we’ll fight until the final whistle platitudes)- but also makes a mockery of his culture crap as well. He’s a massive turn off, and he doesn’t even know it.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 09:48 - Aug 2 with 3300 viewsdmm

Summer Transfer Rumours on 09:36 - Aug 2 by 1JD

When your manager is happy to promote in every interview that it is going to be tough, you are up against it, and you are in for a battle of survival - before a ball has been kicked - it goes without saying that it is highly unattractive to any footballer we may be pursuing.

We are working to a tight budget for sure, but my word, Ainsworth absolutely is not helping the club sell itself in such an ultra competitive market. Whatever the club gained on the training ground, they lost with Ainsworth undermining the club.

It’s ok for the fans to talk down our chances, but for the manager to do it, so openly, and so repeatedly, not only calls bullsh”t on his mr positive persona - which I’m seeing zero evidence of (other than fist pumps and we’ll fight until the final whistle platitudes)- but also makes a mockery of his culture crap as well. He’s a massive turn off, and he doesn’t even know it.

I agree It's not helpful to repeatedly and publically 'lower expectations' but don't think players and their agents don't already know where we are as a club. They most certainly do. And, I'd include our own players and agents in that too.

As for his work on club culture, that's a long term project. Organisational culture change takes years.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 09:57 - Aug 2 with 3220 viewsdaveB

Summer Transfer Rumours on 02:03 - Aug 2 by vanrrrr

It is remarkable.

The whole club just seemed so nonchalant about it. I was expecting the day after the Bristol City game that the change process and planning for this season would start but we wasted a month there at least until Les left and not much happening and seem to have only started the DoF search after that… (surely we should have had candidate search started during the season and been ready to make a move in May?) Instead the club seem to have been floating along making out like everything is fine and having a jolly old time … and then Oxford happened and it seems they were surprised ( I suspect not many of us were) and now it’s a lunatic dash to get bodies in whichever way we can.

I said on another thread that Colback signing was thoroughly depressing , not so much based on him as a player, but more as a reflection of just how badly run we are and how we ended up here… again. We never learn.

In the end I think it will end badly, but you earn your luck and success .

Don't forget they never planned to get rid of Les he chose to go so they weren't really going to change anything in the summer just hope it went better
Summer Transfer Rumours on 10:12 - Aug 2 with 3140 viewsderbyhoop

Summer Transfer Rumours on 06:55 - Aug 2 by distortR

Amos gone? So who was that running around but not affecting anything on Saturday then?

I think you had plenty to choose from.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Summer Transfer Rumours on 10:29 - Aug 2 with 3006 viewsspencer

Summer Transfer Rumours on 08:22 - Aug 2 by stevec

Exactly.

Quite why Ainsworth would prefer a stand in for one injury prone centre back with another injury prone centre back beggars belief.

The Whatmough fella seems to play every week and been stoically loyal to the teams he’s played for.

Exactly .
Based on what i have read... Will not pay £400,000 for Forino - dropped out of deal with Josh Knight after they accepted an offer of £300,000 - After Steve Cook as he is on a free - but high wages....
Whatmough now seems to want to stay up north ( Preston ?)

WTF are we waiting for ?
Not a big fan of Fox, but the poor fella will start Saturday... with possibly Gubbins? ....
Im out Saturday and will not be looking at the TV
Summer Transfer Rumours on 10:53 - Aug 2 with 2852 viewsbosh67

Summer Transfer Rumours on 10:29 - Aug 2 by spencer

Exactly .
Based on what i have read... Will not pay £400,000 for Forino - dropped out of deal with Josh Knight after they accepted an offer of £300,000 - After Steve Cook as he is on a free - but high wages....
Whatmough now seems to want to stay up north ( Preston ?)

WTF are we waiting for ?
Not a big fan of Fox, but the poor fella will start Saturday... with possibly Gubbins? ....
Im out Saturday and will not be looking at the TV

I think our two year deal policy in general is putting some players off but it appears that is the best we can do.

I think it is pretty concerning that we are at Wednesday and we seem to be some way from getting another defender in. Is the lad in from Fulham not match fit to at least have on the bench? You do wonder why we let Masterson go?

At this rate I can see Fox and Field in the CB positions but that doesn't exactly leave any tackling ability in midfield. It really is the thinnest squad I can remember in well over 10 years. Perhaps longer?

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Summer Transfer Rumours on 11:00 - Aug 2 with 2784 viewsHayesender

Summer Transfer Rumours on 10:53 - Aug 2 by bosh67

I think our two year deal policy in general is putting some players off but it appears that is the best we can do.

I think it is pretty concerning that we are at Wednesday and we seem to be some way from getting another defender in. Is the lad in from Fulham not match fit to at least have on the bench? You do wonder why we let Masterson go?

At this rate I can see Fox and Field in the CB positions but that doesn't exactly leave any tackling ability in midfield. It really is the thinnest squad I can remember in well over 10 years. Perhaps longer?

I've been trying to pick a starting 11 and 5 subs for Saturday in my head for days now, and I must say it's pretty depressing

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Summer Transfer Rumours on 11:29 - Aug 2 with 2590 viewsOldPedro

Summer Transfer Rumours on 11:00 - Aug 2 by Hayesender

I've been trying to pick a starting 11 and 5 subs for Saturday in my head for days now, and I must say it's pretty depressing

Bear in mind that in the Championship this season, clubs can name up to nine subs on the bench - can still only use 5 subs

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Summer Transfer Rumours on 11:40 - Aug 2 with 2502 viewsspencer

Summer Transfer Rumours on 11:29 - Aug 2 by OldPedro

Bear in mind that in the Championship this season, clubs can name up to nine subs on the bench - can still only use 5 subs

Can we even name 9 sub s?
Summer Transfer Rumours on 11:44 - Aug 2 with 2474 viewskensalriser

Summer Transfer Rumours on 06:55 - Aug 2 by distortR

Wasn’t that Dozzell?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Summer Transfer Rumours on 11:52 - Aug 2 with 2394 viewsDubaiR

Ironic with new head of sports science, loading schedules etc we have as many injuries as we had last season.

If everyone is out they say will be out (I expect to see Fox, Smyth and Colback in the squad btw then it is a depressing team but I would go with

Begovic
Kakay Fox Paal
Albert Bonner Field Ziyad
Chair Willock
Dykes
Summer Transfer Rumours on 12:37 - Aug 2 with 2153 viewsQPR_Jim

Summer Transfer Rumours on 09:48 - Aug 2 by dmm

I agree It's not helpful to repeatedly and publically 'lower expectations' but don't think players and their agents don't already know where we are as a club. They most certainly do. And, I'd include our own players and agents in that too.

As for his work on club culture, that's a long term project. Organisational culture change takes years.

I was thinking similar, the players would look at the squad and think they're going to struggle this season and may feel like a relegation battle is likely and survival would be an achievement. So having a manager there telling the fans to expect mid-table with an outside shot at the playoffs (for example) would only make the player think he's on a hiding to nothing, so not sure that would encourage them to sign up either.

I also agree that culture takes time to change, it's not as simple as replacing one or two players with a bad attitude.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024