Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Summer Transfer Rumours 16:26 - May 9 with 396361 viewsderbyhoop

As they seem to have started already, this should be an ongoing thread until August

Seny Dieng - Reims who are mid table in Ligue 1 reportedly interested
Conor Masterson - Gillingham, where he spent the 2nd half of the season; are confident of signing him, but Exeter are also interested

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Summer Transfer Rumours on 16:19 - Aug 8 with 4715 viewsjohnhoop

Summer Transfer Rumours on 15:33 - Aug 8 by MedwayR

Ainsworth's policy is to not give injury updates to avoid giving the opposition an advantage, because they're all so worried about playing us obviously.

And it’s becoming really infuriating. Of course the fans want to know how long Jimmy Dunne is likely to be out for and about the state of fitness of our other injured players. Any slight (probably imaginary) advantage that Ainsworth might think he’s gaining by keeping the details from our opposition is going to be more than outweighed by the frustration and anger of our supporters at being kept in the dark during what promises to be a train wreck of a season.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 17:03 - Aug 8 with 4420 viewsvanrrrr

Summer Transfer Rumours on 16:03 - Aug 8 by robith

Hopefully Burnley, they've dropped some real cash this window, and Beale opinions aside, Rangers try to cheap everything

Love Sam , but given the apparent state of our finances we may need to do this to try and strengthen a few spots and keep our heads above water. West Ham paid 12m for FlynnDownes last year could we get 8-10 for Sam?

Dibbo and Dobbo to use the funds on lower league gem Josh Scowen… a given.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 17:10 - Aug 8 with 4376 viewsThird_Division_South

Summer Transfer Rumours on 16:19 - Aug 8 by johnhoop

And it’s becoming really infuriating. Of course the fans want to know how long Jimmy Dunne is likely to be out for and about the state of fitness of our other injured players. Any slight (probably imaginary) advantage that Ainsworth might think he’s gaining by keeping the details from our opposition is going to be more than outweighed by the frustration and anger of our supporters at being kept in the dark during what promises to be a train wreck of a season.

Yes it’s really annoying. I can understand if it’s touch or go whether a player will be fit for the next game but with something like Dunnes injury why not say it’s looking like 4 to 6 weeks out? That will give us an idea of timescales and it’s not as if all the other teams don’t know how long it takes to get over a dislocated shoulder.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 17:11 - Aug 8 with 4368 viewsCateLeBonR

It’s not just Ainsworth though. It was happening before and isn’t unique to us either. To be honest I don’t really get the fascination with having to know every little detail about every injury. Jimmy Dunne has a bad shoulder injury and will be back when he’s able. Probably 6 weeks or so but knowing him it might be sooner. What else does anyone really need to know?

I’ve even got used to the term ‘loading’ and actually prefer it to ‘injured’ now. It did annoy me at first I must admit.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 17:12 - Aug 8 with 4363 viewsEastR

Summer Transfer Rumours on 17:03 - Aug 8 by vanrrrr

Love Sam , but given the apparent state of our finances we may need to do this to try and strengthen a few spots and keep our heads above water. West Ham paid 12m for FlynnDownes last year could we get 8-10 for Sam?

Dibbo and Dobbo to use the funds on lower league gem Josh Scowen… a given.

Thought Josh was nailed on for a return in the summer until he signed a one year extension with WW. Now we can’t afford him. A player we released to a lower league club is now beyond our meagre budget. Nothing says reality check like that scenario.

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Summer Transfer Rumours on 17:33 - Aug 8 with 4222 viewsMonkey_Roots

Summer Transfer Rumours on 15:33 - Aug 8 by MedwayR

Ainsworth's policy is to not give injury updates to avoid giving the opposition an advantage, because they're all so worried about playing us obviously.

This made me laugh.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 17:39 - Aug 8 with 4175 viewsDavieQPR

Summer Transfer Rumours on 14:52 - Aug 8 by BrianMcCarthy

Can also be a lot less, if you get lucky. The cyclist Eddie Dunbar dislocated his last week and was back cycling the following day.

Wasn't his dislocation in 2019 and his recent injury a fractured wrist?
Summer Transfer Rumours on 18:03 - Aug 8 with 4027 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Summer Transfer Rumours on 17:39 - Aug 8 by DavieQPR

Wasn't his dislocation in 2019 and his recent injury a fractured wrist?

100%, but he did his shoulder again last week in Poland.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Login to get fewer ads

Summer Transfer Rumours on 07:05 - Aug 9 with 3318 viewsNorthernr

Also, as we saw last season, if you leave an information vacuum people will fill it with rumour, conspiracy, opinions, bits they've heard etc and you end up making pariahs of your own players because often they'll conclude you're not telling us what's wrong with them because actually there isn't much wrong with them they just can't be arsd.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 08:37 - Aug 9 with 3127 viewsHayesender

As the week goes on, it's looking more and more likely we're gonna go into the Cardiff game with the same defence as last Saturday.

It's these sort of sobering thoughts turned me to drink in the first place

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Summer Transfer Rumours on 08:52 - Aug 9 with 3056 viewsjohnhoop

I know this isn’t a transfer rumour connected to us but I had to put it in here because it p-sses me off so much.
Apparently Arsenal today announced that they’d signed David Raya from Brentford for £30 million.
As back up to Aaron Ramsdale!
What kind of a football world is it we’re living in when a club can pay thirty million quid for a reserve goalkeeper and the insane regulations prevent us spending approximately one hundredth of that on a first-choice central defender to fill the void in our back four.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 09:34 - Aug 9 with 2890 viewsspencer

Summer Transfer Rumours on 08:37 - Aug 9 by Hayesender

As the week goes on, it's looking more and more likely we're gonna go into the Cardiff game with the same defence as last Saturday.

It's these sort of sobering thoughts turned me to drink in the first place

Exactly.
I was hoping that we might have signed someone by now as i too have a drink problem / QPR related

Its almost like, the board have decided to sell up and are looking for potential buyers . Selling who they can and not outlaying any additional fees on players they wont get back. Then the new owners will put into place their own DOF ....I mean, the silence coming out of the club is deafening FFS.

Field Willock Chair could all potentially leave before transfer window closes
Colback to replace Field
Smyth was to replace either Willock /Chair

I dunno just rambling
Summer Transfer Rumours on 09:39 - Aug 9 with 2844 viewsNorthernr

Summer Transfer Rumours on 09:34 - Aug 9 by spencer

Exactly.
I was hoping that we might have signed someone by now as i too have a drink problem / QPR related

Its almost like, the board have decided to sell up and are looking for potential buyers . Selling who they can and not outlaying any additional fees on players they wont get back. Then the new owners will put into place their own DOF ....I mean, the silence coming out of the club is deafening FFS.

Field Willock Chair could all potentially leave before transfer window closes
Colback to replace Field
Smyth was to replace either Willock /Chair

I dunno just rambling

They've left themselves next to no FFP headroom to do very much at all without sales. That's all it is.

This board have shown over and over again they love nothing more than spending daft money on multiple signings. If they could, they'd be doing exactly that again.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 09:56 - Aug 9 with 2737 viewsspencer

Summer Transfer Rumours on 09:39 - Aug 9 by Northernr

They've left themselves next to no FFP headroom to do very much at all without sales. That's all it is.

This board have shown over and over again they love nothing more than spending daft money on multiple signings. If they could, they'd be doing exactly that again.

I know...it just gets depressing reading the rumours( which i shouldn't) that we cannot even afford to pay a loan fee to get a right back in , which is probably BS.

I am expecting 2 out of the three to be moved on to possibly make way for potential new signings... which i assume will go down to the wire. Which means... no movement in the near future.

It would be nice for the board to come out and....back the manager, say something up lifting to the fans . Especially to the travelling fans that will be supporting the club over next few weeks in thier away ventures
Summer Transfer Rumours on 10:13 - Aug 9 with 2601 viewsjohnhoop

Summer Transfer Rumours on 09:39 - Aug 9 by Northernr

So presumably the 2-3 million we’ve received from the sale of Dieng and Dickie and were hoping was going to be spent on players we desperately need to keep us in this Division, has disappeared into the Black Hole of FFP that’s busily swallowing our club?
Summer Transfer Rumours on 10:16 - Aug 9 with 2579 viewsToast_R

In other news, West Ham signing Harry Maguire for £30M. £50M loss for Man United and who knows how much in wages and what they settled with him to get him to leave.

No one batters and eyelid.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 10:23 - Aug 9 with 2504 viewsWatford_Ranger

Summer Transfer Rumours on 10:13 - Aug 9 by johnhoop

So presumably the 2-3 million we’ve received from the sale of Dieng and Dickie and were hoping was going to be spent on players we desperately need to keep us in this Division, has disappeared into the Black Hole of FFP that’s busily swallowing our club?

Yeah it’s barely a dent. I assume they were banking on Willock going for £20m+ when he looked like kicking on pre-injuries. Even if we did sell one of Field or Chair for another few million we aren’t going to be re-investing the lot.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 10:30 - Aug 9 with 2438 viewsBklynRanger

Maybe they're trying to coincide a painful 'out' with a much needed 'in' or two? Under the current pitchfork-sharpening circumstances.

Sounds a bit anatomical I know...
Summer Transfer Rumours on 10:31 - Aug 9 with 2432 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Summer Transfer Rumours on 10:16 - Aug 9 by Toast_R

In other news, West Ham signing Harry Maguire for £30M. £50M loss for Man United and who knows how much in wages and what they settled with him to get him to leave.

Maguire always looks like he's forgotten something to me.

Dozzell has a similar dazed look but exacerbated by being unlikely to recall what he's forgotten.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Summer Transfer Rumours on 10:56 - Aug 9 with 2290 viewsted_hendrix

Summer Transfer Rumours on 10:16 - Aug 9 by Toast_R

*No one batters and eyelid.*

I used to batter my eyelids over the cost of transfers but now like the majority of football fans I've become 'programmed' to It all.

It's not sport anymore, some clubs have a financial monopoly most/some dont have a financial monopoly.

I just don't care anymore.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Summer Transfer Rumours on 11:04 - Aug 9 with 2220 viewsHunterhoop

Surely we are signing a centre half this week. Surely?!
Summer Transfer Rumours on 11:05 - Aug 9 with 2205 viewsLblock

Summer Transfer Rumours on 10:56 - Aug 9 by ted_hendrix

*No one batters and eyelid.*

I used to batter my eyelids over the cost of transfers but now like the majority of football fans I've become 'programmed' to It all.

It's not sport anymore, some clubs have a financial monopoly most/some dont have a financial monopoly.

I just don't care anymore.

Spot on.

Reading the back of The Metro this morning was sickening.
It’s no longer a game and figures of £30mill, £70mill and even £96.4MILL for 30 year old Harry Kane in the last year of his Contract are dropped around casually.

It didn’t sit right with me when Bungle was doing his sugar rush buying (and I told him as much) and it don’t sit right with me now.

People say try following non league but Hanwell Town don’t really do it for me and I’m just losing interest in the game across the board now. Not watched MOTD for years, SkySportsSpews is crap, didn’t watch any football last weekend and I dunno where I go from here.
I’ve become an apathetic c-unit that I used to slag off.

All this coming from a dyed in the wool capitalist an all !!!!
[Post edited 9 Aug 2023 11:20]

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Summer Transfer Rumours on 11:07 - Aug 9 with 2181 viewsdaveB

Summer Transfer Rumours on 08:52 - Aug 9 by johnhoop

I know this isn’t a transfer rumour connected to us but I had to put it in here because it p-sses me off so much.
Apparently Arsenal today announced that they’d signed David Raya from Brentford for £30 million.
As back up to Aaron Ramsdale!
What kind of a football world is it we’re living in when a club can pay thirty million quid for a reserve goalkeeper and the insane regulations prevent us spending approximately one hundredth of that on a first-choice central defender to fill the void in our back four.

because the revenue they bring in is 50 times bigger than us through champions league, premier league etc
Summer Transfer Rumours on 11:11 - Aug 9 with 2116 viewsSonofpugwash

Summer Transfer Rumours on 11:05 - Aug 9 by Lblock

Spot on.

Reading the back of The Metro this morning was sickening.
It’s no longer a game and figures of £30mill, £70mill and even £96.4MILL for 30 year old Harry Kane in the last year of his Contract are dropped around casually.

It didn’t sit right with me when Bungle was doing his sugar rush buying (and I told him as much) and it don’t sit right with me now.

People say try following non league but Hanwell Town don’t really do it for me and I’m just losing interest in the game across the board now. Not watched MOTD for years, SkySportsSpews is crap, didn’t watch any football last weekend and I dunno where I go from here.
I’ve become an apathetic c-unit that I used to slag off.

All this coming from a dyed in the wool capitalist an all !!!!
[Post edited 9 Aug 2023 11:20]

Yes but at least we're not in the same trouble that Joe Lewis at Spuds could be ...
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2023/jul/25/tottenham-hotspur-owner-joe-lew

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Summer Transfer Rumours on 11:20 - Aug 9 with 2040 viewsted_hendrix

Summer Transfer Rumours on 11:07 - Aug 9 by daveB

because the revenue they bring in is 50 times bigger than us through champions league, premier league etc

Of course their revenue Is 50 times bigger than ours and It will stay 50 times bigger than ours for the rest of eternity.

Nothings gonna change and nor will It.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024