Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Summer Transfer Rumours 16:26 - May 9 with 396455 viewsderbyhoop

As they seem to have started already, this should be an ongoing thread until August

Seny Dieng - Reims who are mid table in Ligue 1 reportedly interested
Conor Masterson - Gillingham, where he spent the 2nd half of the season; are confident of signing him, but Exeter are also interested

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Summer Transfer Rumours on 12:21 - Aug 9 with 4151 viewsjohnhoop

Summer Transfer Rumours on 11:07 - Aug 9 by daveB

because the revenue they bring in is 50 times bigger than us through champions league, premier league etc

Of course it is and I’m well aware of that but it’s the so-called “Fair Play” that allows the biggest clubs to spend £30 million on a reserve keeper while we’re allowed to spend absolutely sweet f.a.that winds me up so much.
Because I can’t see anything other than FFP resulting in the ultimate decline of our club.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 12:26 - Aug 9 with 4100 viewsWatford_Ranger

Summer Transfer Rumours on 12:21 - Aug 9 by johnhoop

Of course it is and I’m well aware of that but it’s the so-called “Fair Play” that allows the biggest clubs to spend £30 million on a reserve keeper while we’re allowed to spend absolutely sweet f.a.that winds me up so much.
Because I can’t see anything other than FFP resulting in the ultimate decline of our club.

Without FFP we’d find plenty of ways to decline I’m sure.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 12:53 - Aug 9 with 3937 viewssparkey

Summer Transfer Rumours on 13:07 - Aug 9 with 3845 viewsWD99

Any fee for Cook will be nominal, right? I assume
They just want him off their books, please? Another 32 year old coming in on a 2-year deal! Wonder if this closes the door on any potential Forino/Key deals later this summer? As a great man once said, it is what it is…
Summer Transfer Rumours on 13:11 - Aug 9 with 3804 viewsHoopsie

We can‘t afford Forino’s transfer fee, but can pay cook’s wages with tomorrow’s money

If it is down to this, take it. It is what it is
[Post edited 9 Aug 2023 13:12]

Poll: Who will follow Rotherham and Huddersfield to League One?

Summer Transfer Rumours on 13:13 - Aug 9 with 3762 viewssparkey

Better than what we have. But similar to Begovic deal, far from ideal
Summer Transfer Rumours on 13:32 - Aug 9 with 3579 viewsSakura

Balogun replacement sorted. Like it

Is nice to think that three of the weakest links in Gubbins, Dozzell and Kelman could be replaced this weekend with Cook, Colback and Willock or Armstrong

Much stronger starting 11 that!!
Summer Transfer Rumours on 13:46 - Aug 9 with 3504 viewsSuperhoop83

Summer Transfer Rumours on 13:32 - Aug 9 by Sakura

Balogun replacement sorted. Like it

Is nice to think that three of the weakest links in Gubbins, Dozzell and Kelman could be replaced this weekend with Cook, Colback and Willock or Armstrong

Much stronger starting 11 that!!

Colback is weeks off, sadly. Hopefully Cook will be ready to play but I doubt it.

Suffering since 1978.

Login to get fewer ads

Summer Transfer Rumours on 13:50 - Aug 9 with 3472 viewsLblock

Summer Transfer Rumours on 13:46 - Aug 9 by Superhoop83

Colback is weeks off, sadly. Hopefully Cook will be ready to play but I doubt it.

Reading threads like this bottom up when you return to the page can cause moments like this

Maybe it's your avtar but my first thought was "Lee Cook?!?!? Jesus never!"
But I wouldn't put it past this club and even now I'd say he'd offer more in 10 mins than Dozzell does in 100 mins

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Summer Transfer Rumours on 13:58 - Aug 9 with 3386 viewsSydneyRs

Lots of very positive comments on Cook from Forest fans. Might be just what we need.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 14:06 - Aug 9 with 3289 viewsvanrrrr

Summer Transfer Rumours on 13:58 - Aug 9 by SydneyRs

Lots of very positive comments on Cook from Forest fans. Might be just what we need.

Was it Warbs who tried to sign him a few years back? Recall it was quite close .

Not ideal age/ contract length but we have no choice . Hold your nose and sign him up.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 14:08 - Aug 9 with 3266 viewsDorse

Summer Transfer Rumours on 13:58 - Aug 9 by SydneyRs

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Summer Transfer Rumours on 14:12 - Aug 9 with 3221 viewsWatford_Ranger

Creates a bit of an issue for next season also signing cast-offs on presumably not low wages and long contracts.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 14:13 - Aug 9 with 3219 viewsdaveB

The fair play bit is that clubs can no longer spend money they don't have which is what we'd be doing if we could this summer wit the danger being if owners pull out the club can't afford it and foes out of business.

We just need to spend what money we have far better than we currently do.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 14:16 - Aug 9 with 3192 viewsNorthernr

Summer Transfer Rumours on 14:12 - Aug 9 by Watford_Ranger

Creates a bit of an issue for next season also signing cast-offs on presumably not low wages and long contracts.

One of the journos who's had a good track record this summer said wages and "structure of deal" were stumbling blocks on this which smells a lot like small wage this year in return for big wage next season, by which point we're either in league One and don't want Steve Cook types or big wage earners hanging around, or we're in the Championship and trying to rebuild with better headroom but we've tied some of that up in deals to try and get Cook and Colback types through the door. If you're doing these deals they should be one year contracts, but players won't come to us in this state on those and we're desperate so we're doing it.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 14:18 - Aug 9 with 3149 viewsSakura

Weeks away… Jesus. Whats Colback been doing all summer?!

By all accounts he is a proper pro who I would have expected kept his “cardio base” up since clubs went back for preseason. He didn’t play in yesterdays B team game either.

On the Cook signing though. Getting a good pro and most importantly a good player in the building now is what we needed. And if Ainsworth against expectations turns it around is here next year then we can sign Forino on a free next summer and by then he has another year of experience under him. Win win
Summer Transfer Rumours on 14:33 - Aug 9 with 3051 viewsQPRConor2000

I think we do need another RB and a ST.

I can see a few young players perhaps being sent out on loan to reduce the squad size, perhaps the likes of Drewe, Gubbins, Walsh etc will be the ones going to gain first team experence.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 14:43 - Aug 9 with 2969 viewsChrisNW6

If Soton don't go straight back up things will change pretty quickly, but the sales will give them an edge for 3 seasons.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 15:32 - Aug 9 with 2771 viewsDavieQPR

Summer Transfer Rumours on 14:16 - Aug 9 by Northernr

One of the journos who's had a good track record this summer said wages and "structure of deal" were stumbling blocks on this which smells a lot like small wage this year in return for big wage next season, by which point we're either in league One and don't want Steve Cook types or big wage earners hanging around, or we're in the Championship and trying to rebuild with better headroom but we've tied some of that up in deals to try and get Cook and Colback types through the door. If you're doing these deals they should be one year contracts, but players won't come to us in this state on those and we're desperate so we're doing it.

Also size of payoff from Forest. Two year deal with the usual one year option.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 15:45 - Aug 9 with 2677 viewsQPR_John

Summer Transfer Rumours on 11:07 - Aug 9 by daveB

because the revenue they bring in is 50 times bigger than us through champions league, premier league etc

Very true of course but I would argue their outgoings are more than 50 times ours. If you spend more than your income I assume you fail FFP regardless of the relative figures.
[Post edited 9 Aug 2023 15:46]
Summer Transfer Rumours on 16:04 - Aug 9 with 2548 viewsLandshark

I don't want Cook for petty reasons. He turned us down to go to Forest.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 16:44 - Aug 9 with 2353 viewsfrancisbowles

Summer Transfer Rumours on 16:04 - Aug 9 by Landshark

I don't want Cook for petty reasons. He turned us down to go to Forest.

He saw a retirement package better than the one we were offering. Apparently he puts the effort in. We are desperate for better than we have available. No time for petty grudges.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 16:58 - Aug 9 with 2247 viewsQPROslo

I read Cook got a foot injury in February that kept him out for the rest of the season. Anyone know if he's done pre-season training, played any games? If not can't see him being ready for Saturday either.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 17:24 - Aug 9 with 2075 viewsdmm

Summer Transfer Rumours on 16:58 - Aug 9 by QPROslo

I read Cook got a foot injury in February that kept him out for the rest of the season. Anyone know if he's done pre-season training, played any games? If not can't see him being ready for Saturday either.

I can only see Forest's line up for one of their preseason friendlies and Cook didn't play in that. The last game he played was back in January and he was on the bench for the whole of that month before his foot injury. Let's hope he's had a full preseason and is ready to go this Saturday.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 17:26 - Aug 9 with 2066 viewsQPROslo

Summer Transfer Rumours on 17:24 - Aug 9 by dmm

I can only see Forest's line up for one of their preseason friendlies and Cook didn't play in that. The last game he played was back in January and he was on the bench for the whole of that month before his foot injury. Let's hope he's had a full preseason and is ready to go this Saturday.

Amen
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024