Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Summer Transfer Rumours 16:26 - May 9 with 396403 viewsderbyhoop

As they seem to have started already, this should be an ongoing thread until August

Seny Dieng - Reims who are mid table in Ligue 1 reportedly interested
Conor Masterson - Gillingham, where he spent the 2nd half of the season; are confident of signing him, but Exeter are also interested

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Summer Transfer Rumours on 17:33 - Aug 9 with 3639 viewsNorthernr

Summer Transfer Rumours on 17:24 - Aug 9 by dmm

I can only see Forest's line up for one of their preseason friendlies and Cook didn't play in that. The last game he played was back in January and he was on the bench for the whole of that month before his foot injury. Let's hope he's had a full preseason and is ready to go this Saturday.

From our Nottingham Forest guy...

Another really solid signing. Great, committed, no-nonsense pro with bags of experience. Won't hear a bad word about him from Forest fans. Was integral in our promotion - bringing him in allowed us to play three at the back, and we looked so much more assured with him in the middle of that three. He also scored an emphatic penalty in the playoff semi shootout. Reads the game well and relatively safe with the ball at his feet, but no longer quite quick enough for the Prem. Still had a few decent games last season - lovely volleyed cross assist when we beat Liverpool at the City Ground. Just missed out on the 25-man squad in the second half of the season, and even then we tried (unsuccessfully) to register him just after the deadline when two of our centre halves got injured in the same minute at Craven Cottage. A good illustration of his character was that he was in the away end with the fans that day. He hasn't played football this year, though - and he hasn't featured in pre-season - so will need at least a few games to get up to speed.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 17:37 - Aug 9 with 3582 viewsBklynRanger

We're going to have quite some team by November
Summer Transfer Rumours on 17:47 - Aug 9 with 3507 viewsHunterhoop

I’m sure I read in one of the articles about Colback that he and Cook were training together during pre-season. So one would assume if one is lacking match fitness the other one is too.

Even if half fit, you’d still think they’ll be better than Gubbins and Dozzell though.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 18:03 - Aug 9 with 3379 viewsQPROslo

Summer Transfer Rumours on 17:33 - Aug 9 by Northernr

Another really solid signing. Great, committed, no-nonsense pro with bags of experience. Won't hear a bad word about him from Forest fans. Was integral in our promotion - bringing him in allowed us to play three at the back, and we looked so much more assured with him in the middle of that three. He also scored an emphatic penalty in the playoff semi shootout. Reads the game well and relatively safe with the ball at his feet, but no longer quite quick enough for the Prem. Still had a few decent games last season - lovely volleyed cross assist when we beat Liverpool at the City Ground. Just missed out on the 25-man squad in the second half of the season, and even then we tried (unsuccessfully) to register him just after the deadline when two of our centre halves got injured in the same minute at Craven Cottage. A good illustration of his character was that he was in the away end with the fans that day. He hasn't played football this year, though - and he hasn't featured in pre-season - so will need at least a few games to get up to speed.

More bad news.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 18:04 - Aug 9 with 3346 viewsBrianMcCarthy

That's encouraging, thanks Clive.
Might harm us in the medium to long-term, but I s'pose it's all about the here and now right now.
Again.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Summer Transfer Rumours on 18:15 - Aug 9 with 3218 viewskarl

Being fit and able to play is key here but to me this is the equivalent of adding two players to Saturdays team, he’ll replace Gubbins and if he’s as organised as I think he is then he will make at least one of his fellow defenders better straight away as well.
Exactly what we needed but bloody hell he needs to avoid injury, Jimmy Dunne for me is a more than decent player but when he has anything to think about other than ‘just playing’ he doesn’t inspire me, could be that when he gets back in that Cook will help him massively as well.
I’m happy with this, but let’s get him on the pitch! Actually a half match fit organiser would improve Saturdays team
Summer Transfer Rumours on 18:52 - Aug 9 with 3028 viewsted_hendrix

Has this bloke actually signed yet?

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Summer Transfer Rumours on 19:09 - Aug 9 with 2939 viewsHooping_Mad

Medical?

I take Dudley Moore auditioning for the role of Tarzan at this stage.

Chairman of the Junior Hoilett appreciation society

Login to get fewer ads

Summer Transfer Rumours on 19:12 - Aug 9 with 2898 viewsHooping_Mad

Website reporting Burnley have made contact regarding Field.

Chairman of the Junior Hoilett appreciation society

Summer Transfer Rumours on 19:21 - Aug 9 with 2843 viewstraininvain

Summer Transfer Rumours on 19:12 - Aug 9 by Hooping_Mad

Which website?
Summer Transfer Rumours on 19:39 - Aug 9 with 2732 viewsQPRSteve

Summer Transfer Rumours on 19:12 - Aug 9 by Hooping_Mad

How much do yo reckon we would get for him?
Summer Transfer Rumours on 19:41 - Aug 9 with 2712 viewsaston_hoop

Danny Batth linked now. As long as you're an experienced and basic centre back, you're linked! To be fair, a lot of Sunderland fans are not sure why they're letting him go other than that they've signed a bunch of kids in his position!

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Summer Transfer Rumours on 19:48 - Aug 9 with 2657 viewsDorse

Summer Transfer Rumours on 19:39 - Aug 9 by QPRSteve

How much do yo reckon we would get for him?

6 magic beans and tickets to 'John Terry - The Musical'

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Summer Transfer Rumours on 19:55 - Aug 9 with 2615 viewskarl

Summer Transfer Rumours on 19:41 - Aug 9 by aston_hoop

Danny Batth linked now. As long as you're an experienced and basic centre back, you're linked! To be fair, a lot of Sunderland fans are not sure why they're letting him go other than that they've signed a bunch of kids in his position!

Get another good CB in to enable a 3 at the back and the last thing we need to do is sell Field who should sit in front of them.
Finance dictates so much but purely on football terms there’s no way that he should leave to facilitate a CB
Summer Transfer Rumours on 20:50 - Aug 9 with 2392 viewsaston_hoop

Looks like we are about to announce Cook

Summer Transfer Rumours on 20:57 - Aug 9 with 2352 viewsaston_hoop

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/2023/august/09/steve-cook-completes-qpr-move/

Summer Transfer Rumours on 21:00 - Aug 9 with 2324 viewsRangersw12

Summer Transfer Rumours on 20:57 - Aug 9 by aston_hoop

Yay another over the hill prem player on a 2 year deal

Joke of a club
Summer Transfer Rumours on 21:05 - Aug 9 with 2245 viewsconnell10

Summer Transfer Rumours on 20:57 - Aug 9 by aston_hoop

Undisclosed fee ? I thought he was a free.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Summer Transfer Rumours on 21:05 - Aug 9 with 2228 viewspaulparker

Batth would be a good signing he was one of Sunderland’s player of the year last season
Then again I remember the Ord signing and thinking the same thing

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Summer Transfer Rumours on 21:05 - Aug 9 with 2234 viewsaston_hoop

Summer Transfer Rumours on 21:05 - Aug 9 by connell10

Undisclosed fee ? I thought he was a free.

That bit did surprise me. I know he was under contract at Forest but I assumed they were just willing to let him leave and thats why we were in for him

Summer Transfer Rumours on 21:06 - Aug 9 with 2219 viewsNed_Kennedys

Summer Transfer Rumours on 21:00 - Aug 9 by Rangersw12

Yay another over the hill prem player on a 2 year deal

Joke of a club

Don’t you get bored being miserable all the time?
Summer Transfer Rumours on 21:06 - Aug 9 with 2216 viewsHayesender

What's his thought's on the training ground?

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Summer Transfer Rumours on 21:12 - Aug 9 with 2099 viewsRangersw12

Summer Transfer Rumours on 21:06 - Aug 9 by Ned_Kennedys

Don’t you get bored being miserable all the time?

Nope and all the time.? I predicted a one nil win at Watford !!!
[Post edited 9 Aug 2023 21:13]
Summer Transfer Rumours on 21:23 - Aug 9 with 1968 viewsdmm

I wonder if we've been able to sign Cook for a fee because we're about to sell Field? We couldn't afford to shell out £400k for Forino. Or perhaps Cook was half the price?
Summer Transfer Rumours on 21:29 - Aug 9 with 1941 viewsGloucs_R

Think the fee will be depending on us staying up.

Hopefully Cook is more Ryan Nielsen than Rio Ferdinand!!

Looks likely to go straight in as captain.
[Post edited 10 Aug 2023 6:51]

Poll: Are we staying up?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024